Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,781 members, 7,802,415 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? (11311 Views)

Lockdown: My Visit To Street Market In Greece (photos) / My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) / My Visit To Air Force Base In Greece (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by Sunshinestarr: 2:50pm On Jul 13, 2019
Hello,fellow Nairaland pals,
Please, I need information from any Nigerian currently studying in Greece.
I have been offered postgraduate admission in Greece.
I need any Nigerian who has passed through the process of applying for the student visa at the Embassy of Greece in Abuja to share his/her experience here. I am already gathering documents for the application
I want to get it right ooo! I don't want to fumble. I have many questions to ask to I can get the visa with ease.
Thanks
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by FiTuReign: 11:52am On Oct 29, 2019
I'm also interested in this information. Any help from anyone, please?
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by Sunshinestarr: 10:24pm On Nov 17, 2019
After much effort and anxiety, I got my National Visa to Greece and it's going to two months now that I arrived the Land of the Greeks.
When I have the time, I will share my experience trying to obtain a Schegen visa in Nigeria.
In the meantime, questions are welcomed from anyone who is genuinely interested in international travel from Nigeria to other parts of the world for various reasons: study, tourism and immigration.
Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by swinner: 11:19pm On Nov 17, 2019
Sunshinestarr:
After much effort and anxiety, I got my National Visa to Greece and it's going to two months now that I arrived the Land of the Greeks.
When I have the time, I will share my experience trying to obtain a Schegen visa in Nigeria.
In the meantime, questions are welcomed from anyone who is genuinely interested in international travel from Nigeria to other parts of the world for various reasons: study, tourism and immigration.
Thank you.
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by Trenton: 10:33pm On Nov 18, 2019
following
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by Sunshinestarr: 11:14pm On Nov 18, 2019
swinner:

hello sir, pls i would like to process undergraduate admission in greece. pls i need some helpful tip, from applying to various uni to obtaining visa. i also heard that undergraduate courses are instructed in greek, pls how true is this.

Yes, undergraduate programmes in Greece are taught in the Greek language.
That means, the applicant will first study Greek language for 8 months and sit for an examination at the end of the language programme. After passing the exam, he/she then proceed to the actual undergraduate study programme usually 4 years, depending on the course of study. There is cost attached to the programme. Except for the cost of the language programme, the undergraduate programme itself is free, there are no charges for undergraduate studies in Greece. Students may be able to get free meals and free accommodation in the university when they start their undergraduate programme proper. Applicants apply through the ministry of Education once a year. Announcements are made when the application period opens every year. Applicants can now apply online.
About visa issues, I will not speak here because there are some confidential information that cannot be given here. You may leave your email-address here so that I can get back to you on that privately.

4 Likes

Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by Sunshinestarr: 11:38pm On Nov 18, 2019
Sunshinestarr:

That means, the applicant will first study Greek language for 8 months and sit for an examination at the end of the language programme. After passing the exam, he/she then proceed to the actual undergraduate study programme usually 4 years, depending on the course of study. There is cost attached to the programme. Except for the cost of the language programme, the undergraduate programme itself is free, there are no charges for undergraduate studies in Greece. Students may be able to get free meals and free accommodation in the university when they start their undergraduate programme proper. Applicants apply through the ministry of Education once a year. Announcements are made when the application period opens every year. Applicants can now apply online.
About visa issues, I will not speak here because there are some confidential information that cannot be given here. You may leave your email-address here so that I can get back to you on that privately.

Let me clarify what I said about visa matters that generally on the issue of visa, the documents required are the most common ones/processes that most people know: authentication and legalisation of O level certificate, police report, travel insurance,, bank statement etc. I am willing to answer openly here general questions about visa and documents needed but when the issue concerns some clever moves that you need to use to ensure you get the visa, I will only answer such questions privately.
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by kunzzy4me(m): 11:41pm On Nov 18, 2019
Please here is my email....odinnek@gmail.com
Pls I will like to ask some vital information concerning the Greece .thanks u
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by swinner: 11:43pm On Nov 18, 2019
Sunshinestarr:

Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by Sunshinestarr: 11:55pm On Nov 18, 2019
kunzzy4me:
Please here is my email....odinnek@gmail.com
Pls I will like to ask some vital information concerning the Greece .thanks u
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by Sunshinestarr: 11:57pm On Nov 18, 2019
swinner:
thanks a lot, i tried sending an Email via nairaland to u, but it seems its not going. pls can u drop ur email or phone number so i can reach u. thanks

send me an email via: ay.dot@yahoo.com
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by georgesegun87: 11:27pm On Nov 21, 2019
Good...
Pls explain step our we can get admission in Greece
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by evanstical: 4:23am On Nov 22, 2019
Can l have an idea of what you meant.evanstical@yahoo.dot.com

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by Linzo(m): 7:33am On Nov 22, 2019
I'm interested in Greece studies, pls email me on jam.roe33@gmail.com .I have some few question to ask
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by ENGRPETER101: 7:58am On Nov 22, 2019
Good...
Pls explain step on how we can get admission in Greece
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by mkbessman(m): 7:02pm On Nov 22, 2019
mkbessman@yahoo.com
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by Kingzy4pep(m): 6:09am On Nov 23, 2019
Sunshinestarr:

Is post graduate also free?
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by Sunshinestarr: 5:15pm On Nov 23, 2019
Kingzy4pep:
Is post graduate also free?

Postgraduate is not free but the tuition fee is relatively cheaper when compared to fees charged by universities in other European countries
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by Harzion: 5:06pm On Nov 24, 2019
I am planning to do my master program in greece. Can someone give me the complete guidelines to secure admission
What are the tuition fee range for master in mechanical engineering.
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by Sunshinestarr: 11:15pm On Nov 24, 2019
Harzion:
I am planning to do my master program in greece. Can someone give me the complete guidelines to secure admission
What are the tuition fee range for master in mechanical engineering.
It depends on the university or technological institute. Check online for universities in Greece, some of them will display the fees on their websites and if they don't, you can email them.
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by Theophinio(m): 12:09pm On Nov 25, 2019
Are you studying in Athens or Thessaloniki
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by Rexnegro(m): 3:56pm On Nov 25, 2019
Sunshinestarr:
Hello,fellow Nairaland pals,
Please, I need information from any Nigerian currently studying in Greece.
I have been offered postgraduate admission in Greece.
I need any Nigerian who has passed through the process of applying for the student visa at the Embassy of Greece in Abuja to share his/her experience here. I am already gathering documents for the application
I want to get it right ooo! I don't want to fumble. I have many questions to ask to I can get the visa with ease.
Thanks
please how did you go about applying for the postgraduate admission and which school and link is that ? thanks I await your response
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by Sunshinestarr: 10:22pm On Nov 28, 2019
Masters in Greece

Are you interested in studying for Masters degree in Greece, one of the 28 EU countries and also one of the Schengen countries? If yes, then the following information is for you:

The higher education in Greece is provided by universities, technological educational institutes (T.E.I) and colleges. According to the Greek law, all the state-accredited universities are public.

Usually, it takes one or two years to complete a Master degree at a Greek education institution.

Language of study

Masters courses are offered in Greek or English and sometimes in a combination of both languages.

Admission requirements

The required documents depend on the institution and it is recommended you check the information about relevant university. However, you might need the following papers when applying for a Masters in Greece:

-Filled application form (downloadable at the university’s website)
-Bachelor degree in a similar discipline (certified copy of your degree/ transcripts)
-Academic reference
-English certificate (for programmes taught in English, depending on university)
-CV
-Passport photos
-Student visa (only for non-EU citizens)

Tuition fees in Greece

Greek public universities don't charge EU/EEA students for undergraduate studies. But students from Non-EU countries pay for their studies. Tuition fees for Masters programmes are usually between 2500 and 5000 euro in total. But you need to check with the university of your choice to be sure.

Finance your studies in Greece

The State Scholarship Foundation (IKY) offers financial assistance and scholarships for students with over-average performance.
As a foreign student, you would be able to find a part-time or a summer job to support your studies. However, this is not a popular practice in Greece as most universities do not have tuition fees.

Living costs in Greece

Costs of living are among the cheapest in Europe, which makes Greece one of the most affordable European countries for students. You will spend around 400-600 euro per month in total (inclusive accommodation). Accommodation costs vary by places, whereby Thessaloniki and Athens are the biggest cities, the best student locations and also the most expensive ones. A private one-room apartment costs around 250- 300 euro, but there are cheaper living options for students, such as sharing an apartment or renting a university dormitory.

So, if Greece is your choice, now is the time to begin your search for the masters programme of your choice.

1 Like

Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by keaderr: 4:38pm On Jan 04, 2020
Hello,

Can .

Regards
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by Arabjo(m): 10:10pm On Jan 04, 2020
You said undergraduate programs are almost free?Whats the average cost one need to plan for undergraduate program please and is it possible to work while studying?
Thanks
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by Sunshinestarr: 1:48pm On Jan 05, 2020
Undergraduate Admission - Greece

The application procedure for admission to higher education in Greece of foreigners of non-Greek origin is supported electronically by an information system, which becomes available during the specified dates (June/July). Find the link here: https://exams-foreigner.it.minedu.gov.gr/ Application for 2019/2020 is over.

Candidates submit their documents to the Ministry of National Education and Religious Affairs and fill in the candidate’s application entry form, stating the Faculties and the Departments they prefer.

The candidate, after the electronic submission, shall send the following documents:

one (1) signed copy of Application (PRINTED BY THE ELECTRONIC SYSTEM)

one (1) signed copy of the Official Statement (PRINTED BY THE ELECTRONIC SYSTEM)

one (1) photocopy of the certificate of equivalence and correspondence of the candidate’s graduation certificate, issued by the Directorate of Greek studies abroad, intercultural education, foreigner minority schools of the Ministry of Education, Research and Religious Affairs, or by the Directorate of Secondary Education or by the Counsellors at the Education Offices of the Greek Embassies as well as a certificate of his/her total marks average, issued by the Directorate of Greek studies abroad, intercultural education, foreigner minority schools of the Ministry of Education, Research and Religious Affairs, or by the Directorate of Secondary Education or by the Counsellors at the Education Offices of the Greek Embassies. The total marks average should be issued on a 0-20 mark scale, 20 being the top mark and 0 the lowest mark.

A photocopy of the graduation certificate with his official translation by the official authorities, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Embassy or the Consulate of the foreign country in Greece or a Greek Lawyer, according to the new lawyer’s Code (art.36, Law 4194/2013-FEK 208/A/27.09.2013)

one (1) ID card type photograph

one (1) photocopy of passport or ID card or other documents with a photograph, that certifies the identity of the candidate.

AFTER THE DEADLINE, THE ELECTRONIC SYSTEM IS LOCKED AND NO PARTICIPATION WILL BE ACCEPTED.

Results are announced in the Ministry of Education website by entering their Candidate Code and their initials (Surname, Name, Father’s Name, and Mother’s name).

(Copied & adapted)

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by Sunshinestarr: 1:50pm On Jan 05, 2020
keaderr:
Hello,

Can you please share your contact with me marcusdantes@gmail.com. I would like to discuss with you in private.

Regards

send me an email via, ay.dot@yahoo.com
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by peptual(f): 6:45pm On Jan 05, 2020
Pls how long does it take for a school to offer admission in greece
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by Sunshinestarr: 1:32pm On Jan 06, 2020
peptual:
Pls how long does it take for a school to offer admission in greece

Undergraduate or postgraduate?
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by demmysoft: 10:13am On Jan 07, 2020
@ Sunshinestar, l sent you a private mail, kindly reply. I am interested in graduate study in cyber security in one of the university. I don't know if l should still proceed will the processing because l don't know the deadline
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by DonJiba: 11:09am On Jan 07, 2020
Sunshinestarr:

Let me clarify what I said about visa matters that generally on the issue of visa, the documents required are the most common ones/processes that most people know: authentication and legalisation of O level certificate, police report, travel insurance,, bank statement etc. I am willing to answer openly here general questions about visa and documents needed but when the issue concerns some clever moves that you need to use to ensure you get the visa, I will only answer such questions privately.
This is my email kindly do text me boss
Sodiqolajide9@gmail.com
Re: Any Nigerian Studying In Greece Here? by peptual(f): 12:41pm On Jan 07, 2020
[quote its post graduate am going for

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Two Children Killed By Flood In Niger State(photos) / Lagos: Bus Drivers Call Off Strike After Stakeholders Meeting - JDWAN Member / 10 Traffic Laws In Lagos That The Government Failed To Enforce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.