Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

Cricket! Cricket! Cricket! The Sport Not The Insect. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cricket! Cricket! Cricket! The Sport Not The Insect. (1025 Views)

Meet With The Sport Oraclist / What Is Gong On About Nigeria Basketball And The Development Of The Sport? / Cricket Vs Football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cricket! Cricket! Cricket! The Sport Not The Insect. by 1k001(m): 12:52am On May 11, 2007
This is to all cricket lovers, sign in here and comment on the recently concluded world cup. I thought it was a wonderful and historic one, though i didn't get to see all the games.

Was sad to say goodbye to two of the world's greats: Glenn Mcgrath and Brian Lara. I'm gonna miss them.

A couple of amazing things i got to see were Herschelle Gibbs' 6 sixes in one over, was quite awesome, and Malinga's hatrick was really good. Not forgetting Gilchrist's amazing innings in the final.

Share a few of your favourite memories from the world cup or any game you've seen
Re: Cricket! Cricket! Cricket! The Sport Not The Insect. by doyin13(m): 12:58am On May 11, 2007
well empty stadiums, india and pakistan not in the super eights, a dead coach and my team(south africa) humiliated in the semis by the bloody aussies.

pretty forgettable in my opinion.

I guess the irish upset must have thrilled you though.
Re: Cricket! Cricket! Cricket! The Sport Not The Insect. by Nobody: 2:23am On May 11, 2007
your world cup was too long!
Re: Cricket! Cricket! Cricket! The Sport Not The Insect. by uzomaeze(m): 4:51am On May 11, 2007
davidylan:

your world cup was too long!

thats the nature of the game

i won't be surprised if those that post here are people residing in europe only
Re: Cricket! Cricket! Cricket! The Sport Not The Insect. by Razorr(f): 8:34am On May 11, 2007
Yawns! grin
Re: Cricket! Cricket! Cricket! The Sport Not The Insect. by 1k001(m): 11:05am On May 11, 2007
doyin13:

well empty stadiums, india and pakistan not in the super eights, a dead coach and my team(south africa) humiliated in the semis by the bloody aussies.

pretty forgettable in my opinion.

I guess the irish upset must have thrilled you though.

You are right there were a few down sides to the world cup the greatest of which was Bob Woolmer's murder, but overall i think it was still a great spectacle.

I was indeed glad with the perfomance of the irish. I love upsets and their win against pakistan ranks only second to a game i saw a few years ago of Bangladesh against Australia which Bangladesh won.

India, Pakistan and may i include Sa deserved what they got considering their perfomances. I expected a lot more from them but they didn't deliver.

uzomaeze:

thats the nature of the game

i won't be surprised if those that post here are people residing in europe only

I reside in Europe alright but i started following cricket right from when i was in Nigeria. In case you're not aware, cricket is played and enjoyed by quite a number of people in Nigeria. Tafewa Balewa square is cricket haven in Lagos where you'll see a lot of people honing their cricketing skills. There also operates a cricket league which dare i say is better than the Nigerian football league, considering the lack of support for cricket compared to football and its survival notwithstanding.

Cricket is an awesome sport. I love cricket!
Re: Cricket! Cricket! Cricket! The Sport Not The Insect. by viee(f): 11:11am On May 11, 2007
like so many other sports , i dont know much about cricket but
really intrested in developing intrest in that game

i hope i will someday.
Re: Cricket! Cricket! Cricket! The Sport Not The Insect. by doyin13(m): 11:24am On May 11, 2007
best game was south africa sri lanka. Latish Malinga almost made Graeme Smith 'double in age'.

Shame about Lara.

SA need some spinning attack

Pakistan cannot win without Akhtar and Asif.

The end of the West Indies as a force is confirmed.

and I hate the Aussies
Re: Cricket! Cricket! Cricket! The Sport Not The Insect. by 1k001(m): 10:53pm On May 11, 2007
Yea ur right doyin13, the windies are dead and buried. Lara's retirement was the last nail in the coffin.

You can hate the aussies but you've gotta admit that they are the best team in the world at the moment. Speaking of which,

what do you think of them not wanting to tour Zimbabwe because of Mugabe's government. I think sports and politics should be seperate, no one should use criccket as a political tool. Moreover they'll have to pay $2million if they decide not to go. Would make financial and sporting sense to tour Zimbabwe whatever the state of the politiics might be.
Re: Cricket! Cricket! Cricket! The Sport Not The Insect. by doyin13(m): 11:06pm On May 11, 2007
I think its getting a bit tired now to be honest. They also refused to play them at the last world cup in south africa.

On the other hand, the Afrikaans might not have hastened the end of apartheid if they were not missing their rugby.
Re: Cricket! Cricket! Cricket! The Sport Not The Insect. by 1k001(m): 12:40am On May 12, 2007
Yea i suppose so but i think it'll take way more than cricket to stop Mugabe.

(1) (Reply)

Real Time Premier League Sms Updates (glo/mtn/zain/etisalat/visafone) / Peter Idah Goofed. / 2013 Nations Cup: Qualifying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.