Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,564 members, 7,809,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

Carjacker Served Jungle Justice And Dies. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Carjacker Served Jungle Justice And Dies. (301 Views)

Police Arrest Suspected Carjacker In Lagos, Recover Vehicle / GRAPHIC VIDEO: Man Served Jungle Justice For Exposing Himself In Front Of School / Siblings Bravely Fight Off Carjacker Who Stole Their Father's SUV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Carjacker Served Jungle Justice And Dies. by emmy512: 8:13pm On Jul 13, 2019
Just when I thought the west are so civilized that they don't do jungle justice.

A couple have been questioned by police and may face charges after a suspected carjacker was beaten by a mob and died in the US city of Philadelphia.

Police say the man who died had tried on Thursday to steal a woman's car with her three young children inside.

The woman's boyfriend, the father of two of the children, managed to chase the car when it got stuck in traffic.

The suspect, 54, was then pulled out of the vehicle and beaten by the boyfriend and some local residents, police say.

The suspected carjacker was unconscious when emergency services arrived at the scene shortly afterwards. He later died in a local hospital.
The couple who were questioned by police are both aged 25. They have not been identified.

"I'm not a fan of street justice," Philadelphia Police Capt Jason Smith was quoted as saying by CBS.

"I think everything should play out through us as it comes to criminal actions," he added.

The city's medical examiner's office is yet to determine how the suspected carjacker died.

(1) (Reply)

My Own Short Letter / BREAKING: Senate Approves Extension Of Senator Elisha Abbo's Assault Probe / EFCC Docks Man For Serial Frauds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.