Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,771 members, 7,798,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

South Africa Mulls Visa-free Status For Nigeria, China, India - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / South Africa Mulls Visa-free Status For Nigeria, China, India (56192 Views)

South Africa denies Nigeria visa-free status, grants Ghana - Vanguard / Breaking!! South Africa Snubs Nigeria, Grants Visa-free Status To Ghana / South Africa Ignores Nigeria, Grants Visa-free Status To Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Mulls Visa-free Status For Nigeria, China, India by adewest1999(m): 3:58pm On Jul 14, 2019
Auxigen:

does nairaland pay you for being first to comment?
The way people dey always struggle for am I think say dem dey pay them ni o
Re: South Africa Mulls Visa-free Status For Nigeria, China, India by Litmus: 4:03pm On Jul 14, 2019
I lol when I read Nigerians say, ' I agree South Africa, America or whatever should impose Visa on Nigeria because we only want the good Nigerians let in these countries'. I lol because Nigerians don't understand the true nature of what's going on. The truth is that, the average black persons, in those Nations, let's say in Jamaica or South Africa don't want to see your black ass Nigerian doctors in no hospitals, nor your black engineers, shop owners, accountants, chemists, pharmacists, civil servants or any such "good Nigerians". They become resentfull and start asking themselves and their authorities why can't those positions occupied by these so called good Nigerians be occupied by them. However, if the positions held by these so called good Nigerians were occupied by Indians , Chinese, Arabs or whites, they wouldn't notice and therefore wouldn't complain. This happens because blacks have been conditioned over time to look on themselves as inferior.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Mulls Visa-free Status For Nigeria, China, India by Litmus: 4:10pm On Jul 14, 2019
Of course, if nothing is done to cut back on these Nigerian professionals, the so-called good Nigerians, overtime the resentment builds and you begin to see reports made against these Nigerians and scrutiny imposed on them in the minutest detail. The slightest mistake, misdomina will be blown out of all proportions by the media looking always for news and exploited by the ever present white racists that resent all blacks at all times.
Re: South Africa Mulls Visa-free Status For Nigeria, China, India by Litmus: 4:40pm On Jul 14, 2019
Nigerians tend to dominate whatever sector you allow them foothold in. Be it professional, trading or Street hustling class. Like i have pointed out, crime figures in South Africa own statistics does not feature Nigerians significantly, Zimbabweans and Angolans feature highly, i haven't checked but it wouldn't surprise me if visas are not required by those Nationals. I have nothing against Zimbabweans and Angolans, just wanted to point out the illogicality of sightings criminality as the reasons for visa restrictions on Nigerians. Nearer to the truth is population but this does not absolve South Africa nor Jamaica since both nations have no such qualms when it comes to Indians. The latter, South Africa, will make it visa free for Indians but I doubt for Nigerians.
Re: South Africa Mulls Visa-free Status For Nigeria, China, India by ElsonMorali: 5:46pm On Jul 14, 2019
Don't do it! You want to turn South Africa to Nigeria annexe abi?

1 Like

Re: South Africa Mulls Visa-free Status For Nigeria, China, India by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 14, 2019
ElsonMorali:
Don't do it! You want to turn South Africa to Nigeria annexe abi?
Lmao

1 Like

Re: South Africa Mulls Visa-free Status For Nigeria, China, India by Americanboy35: 6:00pm On Jul 14, 2019
Nigerians will abuse this trust me, and SA self na damage control strategy be this oo

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Mulls Visa-free Status For Nigeria, China, India by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 14, 2019
Americanboy35:
Nigerians will abuse this trust me, and SA self na damage control strategy be this oo
South Africa will become like Nigeria where lawlessness,endemic corruption,ritual killing,fake pastors and tribal conflicts reign supreme.
Re: South Africa Mulls Visa-free Status For Nigeria, China, India by XhosaNostra(f): 6:25pm On Jul 14, 2019
Local woman doesn't like the sound of this grin

Re: South Africa Mulls Visa-free Status For Nigeria, China, India by Vega100: 6:26pm On Jul 14, 2019
erico2k2:

Criminally minded than the Chinese and Indians? are you for real??
be reasonable for once on your life sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South Africa Mulls Visa-free Status For Nigeria, China, India by erico2k2(m): 6:47pm On Jul 14, 2019
Vega100:
be reasonable for once on your life sir.
Ask ur father if he was reasonable talking to brats like you in his whole miserable life
Re: South Africa Mulls Visa-free Status For Nigeria, China, India by Ugosample(m): 7:16pm On Jul 14, 2019
Litmus:
I lol when I read Nigerians say, ' I agree South Africa, America or whatever should impose Visa on Nigeria because we only want the good Nigerians let in these countries'. I lol because Nigerians don't understand the true nature of what's going on. The truth is that, the average black persons, in those Nations, let's say in Jamaica or South Africa don't want to see your black ass Nigerian doctors in no hospitals, nor your black engineers, shop owners, accountants, chemists, pharmacists, civil servants or any such "good Nigerians". They become resentfull and start asking themselves and their authorities why can't those positions occupied by these so called good Nigerians be occupied by them. However, if the positions held by these so called good Nigerians were occupied by Indians , Chinese, Arabs or whites, they wouldn't notice and therefore wouldn't complain. This happens because blacks have been conditioned over time to look on themselves as inferior.

I see your point
Re: South Africa Mulls Visa-free Status For Nigeria, China, India by urahara(m): 8:04pm On Jul 14, 2019
grandstar:

Majority of those killed are actually criminals. Criminals killing criminals.

Most importantly, there is nothing is South Africa and that's why there's a problem in the first place.

The country has a low per capita income. It is not more than $8,000 per person.

Worse, it suffers from a very high unemployment. And worse, it also suffers from a very high crime rate, much worse than Nigeria. And to add to it, it suffers from slow economic growth.

It has the worst income distribution in the world.

The above are the roots of many of the problems plaguing the country

Courtesy of the apartheid.
Re: South Africa Mulls Visa-free Status For Nigeria, China, India by Greatzeus(m): 8:33pm On Jul 14, 2019
Vega100:
u are the only sensible person on this thread...

However, SA should be careful including Nigeria into that list, cause Nigerians are so criminally minded, they will just flood their country and do worse than they are doing now, all the crimes and criminality u can mention being perpetrated by Nigerians would quadruple, consequent of our inordinate quest for riches at the detriment and expense of every other thing.
That's Nigerians for u, that's how we perceive life over here, and the reason for our perpetual failures and retrogression as a state, which has no end in sight..
That's Nigerians for you. Avoid them if you want to advance, mentality over here is very depraved and perverted.
You are so so on point.
Re: South Africa Mulls Visa-free Status For Nigeria, China, India by grandstar(m): 9:57pm On Jul 14, 2019
urahara:

Courtesy of the apartheid.

Apartheid was the forerunner. So true.

But 25 years after the start of black majority rule, that's excuse isn't so tenable again.

The biggest problem the country faces maybe the same that Okonkwo in things fall apart faced- living in the shadow of the past that you make bad decisions.

Okonkwo was terrified that people will view him lazy and cowardly like his father and went too far in order to dispel any doubt.

South Africa to a large extent lives in the shadow of Apartheid even though it is long gone.

For instance, it has rigid labour laws which discourages companies from hiring and is the primary cause of the very high unemployment rate plaguing the country. The primary reason for these counter productive labour laws is that the Unions were supporters of the ANC during Apartheid and this has compelled the ANC to scratch the Unions backs by making laws which overprotect the workers to the disadvantage of the employers.

South Africa has refused to privatise a single entity because those most likely to purchase majority of the shares are the whites and that will be a unacceptable to the blacks.

It refused to take on the high crime rate because it did not want the blacks to feel like they were under an occupation force like in the days of Apartheid where the SAP (South African Police) was a tool for sever racial oppression.

It is finding it hard to improve the quality of education because the teachers are part of the Unions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Mulls Visa-free Status For Nigeria, China, India by Litmus: 10:21pm On Jul 14, 2019
How odd, at post above, I was going to quote a part from Achebe Things Fall Apart also in order to illustrate a point I've been trying to make about this need, of some black African coon types, to label Nigerians criminals in order for them live more comfortably with thire meek lazy selves. The part in the book was how when Okunkwo, the protagonist, toiled day after day in the boiling sun on his farm, some lazy men that did not often work on their farms and for this reason never came to harvest good yields, existed uneasily as he toiled. However, when weeks later, freak weather brought heavy rains that washed away Okunkwos yams, those lazy fellows were able to lived more easily with themselves. They began going around stating that they were not really lazy but farseeing. They always knew the rains would come, unlike Okunkwo who was just a stupid man not a hardworking one.
Re: South Africa Mulls Visa-free Status For Nigeria, China, India by urahara(m): 11:50pm On Jul 14, 2019
grandstar:

But 25 years after the start of black majority rule, that's excuse isn't so tenable again.

The biggest problem the country faces maybe the same that Okonkwo in things fall apart faced- living in the shadow of the past that you make bad decisions.

Okonkwo was terrified that people will view him lazy and cowardly like his father and went too far in order to dispel any doubt.

South Africa to a large extent lives in the shadow of Apartheid even though it is long gone.

For instance, it has rigid labour laws which discourages companies from hiring and is the primary cause of the very high unemployment rate plaguing the country. The primary reason for these counter productive labour laws is that the Unions were supporters of the ANC during Apartheid and this has compelled the ANC to scratch the Unions backs by making laws which overprotect the workers to the disadvantage of the employers.

South Africa has refused to privatise a single entity because those most likely to purchase majority of the shares are the whites and that will be a unacceptable to the blacks.

It refused to take on the high crime rate because it did not want the blacks to feel like they were under an occupation force like in the days of Apartheid where the SAP (South African Police) was a tool for sever racial oppression.

It is finding it hard to improve the quality of education because the teachers are part of the Unions.

The Pisa rankings for south Africa are dead second to the last in the world. Only 26 percent of south Africans students are said to have basic skills in maths and science.Industrial Giants like Taiwan and china have about 98 percent.

With a woeful performance like this , The chances of south Africa diversifying into the production of high tech goods that power those of high income econmies seems like a mirage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Mulls Visa-free Status For Nigeria, China, India by urahara(m): 11:51pm On Jul 14, 2019
grandstar:

The ANC has failed it's people
Re: South Africa Mulls Visa-free Status For Nigeria, China, India by IronGalaxy: 1:30am On Jul 15, 2019
Recipe for disaster

1 Like

Re: South Africa Mulls Visa-free Status For Nigeria, China, India by grandstar(m): 1:47am On Jul 15, 2019
urahara:

The Pisa rankings for south Africa are dead second to the last in the world. Only 26 percent of south Africans students are said to have basic skills in maths and science.Industrial Giants like Taiwan and china have about 98 percent.

With a woeful performance like this , The chances of south Africa diversifying into the production of high tech goods that power those of high income econmies seems like a mirage.

South Africa is largely living off old glory and also to some subtle prudent economic management. They do deserve credit for that. They could have nationalised white owned companies and farms but they did not. They could have spent wildly on populist programmes for the disadvantaged majority but they did not. Their budget deficits weren't irresponsible until corrupt Zuma came to power. They deserve kudos for that

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Mulls Visa-free Status For Nigeria, China, India by Suspectzero(m): 4:47pm On Jul 15, 2019
Ignorance is not the problem. Nigerians just don't give a fawk.

It's like saying our leaders need good orientation on what good leadership is. They already know what it is. They too just don't give a fawk.

Bunch of animals. Look at the blacks in Ghetto America...Bunch of animals in a civilized land. It'a pre-historic curse.

chukxie:
Welcome initiative. The only problem is Nigerians WILL abuse the gesture. Red-eyed Nigerians go spoil market further there. Truth be told, a lot of Nigerians need proper and solid orientation before traveling abroad. They need to be told engaging in crimes not only damages our nation's image but it shuts the doors against genuine and hardworking Nigerians. They also need to be told of the importance of respecting the laws of any country they go to. If we respect ourselves, people will respect us.
Re: South Africa Mulls Visa-free Status For Nigeria, China, India by Suspectzero(m): 4:50pm On Jul 15, 2019
Look around your Nigerian community...It is INFERIOIR. Nothing to do with conditioning. The proof is in the pudding.

Litmus:
Re: South Africa Mulls Visa-free Status For Nigeria, China, India by Sojiade1111: 7:15pm On Jul 15, 2019
hmmmm! if SA try to add Nigeria to that list of visa free country I bet you they will stop it in just a month of doing that because Nigerian will troop in like Nigeria army, Even cripple, aboki that have one eye will also go there and be begging for money. To me they should not add Nigeria to their list if they want development because many are not going there as a tourists but as a trained arm robber and yahoo boy.
Re: South Africa Mulls Visa-free Status For Nigeria, China, India by Fhowe: 10:49am On Jul 23, 2019
Vega100:

You have a point though, but Ghana is visa free, go there and see the number of Nigerians there perpetrating evil., and corrupting their people.
the cost of living in Ghana is not so high with 50k you can go to ghana via road .How many people can afford 200k for airfares and south africa is generally expensive to stay
Re: South Africa Mulls Visa-free Status For Nigeria, China, India by chuchu288: 5:47pm On Jul 23, 2019
Please i submitted my visa application at the vsf office in Abuja on the 7th of July and up till now i am yet to be called for collection those it mean that something is wrong and i should be worried and Yes i have gone to SA before that was last year.i am curious and worried and that last year my visa was giving to me 4 days after i submitted.
Re: South Africa Mulls Visa-free Status For Nigeria, China, India by cheliejelie: 12:39am On Jul 31, 2019
South Africa is trash. Nobody should care about what they think about

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prince Charles Drives Classic 49 Year Old Aston Martin That Runs On White Wine / New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) / See List Of International Airports In Nigeria - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.