Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,695 members, 7,802,034 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

Won't I Fail My Home As A Pastor? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Won't I Fail My Home As A Pastor? (364 Views)

Shanawole, 11-Year-Old Ex-Cultist Now A Pastor, Thanks To Pastor Tony Rapu / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / Big Pot Placed On A Pastor’s Head While Praying (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Won't I Fail My Home As A Pastor? by Nobody: 4:01am On Jul 14, 2019
Fellowshipping on campus is not as easy as you may be thinking, especially when you aren't a bench warmer (as some jokingly say). What it requires most is your time. Your fund would only do a little. And if you happen to be in a relationship at the moment you are serving as an executive, it's likely to pose some threats to your relationship. In fact, some campus fellowships (CFs) would ask you to either break up with your partner or withdraw from the relationship for a session that you would be serving as an executive. The reason is not far fetched, that is because fellowshipping requires time and your relationship deserves more time too which may lead to frustration at times. And you are likely to get wavered in one of the two. Different thoughts, assumptions and assertions come into your mind. Then you would need to guard your heart well according to Proverbs 4:23. In short, I failed in keeping my 3 years old relationship which led to breakup. I now realized that I lack wisdom & understanding as mentioned in Prov. 24:3. "I pity your wife if you become a Pastor in future", she said frankly. For days, I have been pondering over what she said. Now I ask; does failing in keeping my relationship as a CF executive really mean I may fail if I eventually become a pastor?

Happy Sunday!
Re: Won't I Fail My Home As A Pastor? by Pavore9: 5:46am On Jul 14, 2019
Time management is very essential, being a CF executive does not mean you should carry the entire world on your shoulder. Learn how to healthily develop
a relationship outside your life in the CF and maintain it.

1 Like

Re: Won't I Fail My Home As A Pastor? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 14, 2019
Pavore9:
Time management is very essential, being a CF executive does not mean you should carry the entire world on your shoulder. Learn how to healthily develop
a relationship outside your life in the CF and maintain it.
Thanks
Re: Won't I Fail My Home As A Pastor? by sustainee(m): 2:33pm On Jul 16, 2019
the fear of loosening ur CF member or what pple we say abt u is wat u are scared of bro.....u can't just satisfy others with ur tym by neglecting ur own relationship....truth be told u myth fail ur home as a pastor becos u qave all ur tym 2 d church nd pple there in..... ur devotion as a cf executive u will av a up nd down with wat pple tot abt u....buh if dey av all know her as ur fiancee b4 u bcum an executive no one will judge u 4 dat, in conclusion try to work on serving pple nd ur relationship altogether without been bias.

2 Likes

Re: Won't I Fail My Home As A Pastor? by CaveAdullam: 2:37pm On Jul 16, 2019
I know you are doing the work of God, but you must understand that not all that are doing the work of God especially in ministering of the word were called by God.

The first question you will ask yourself is if you were really called by God to be a fellowship leader or whatever post you are heading in your fellowship. Don't expect God to help you on a journey He never sent you. You might choose to have a good time schedule which is good in the real sense but on the long run, will lead you to more depression if God is not the one that sent you.

Ask yourself this question when it is still early so that you will not fall into depression in the future, fail to do things that will make you happy or lose important people in your life. The answer you received via the Spirit of Christ will be an automatic life changer for you.

Thanks.

God bless.

2 Likes

Re: Won't I Fail My Home As A Pastor? by Nobody: 3:15am On Jul 17, 2019
sustainee:
the fear of loosening ur CF member or what pple we say abt u is wat u are scared of bro.....u can't just satisfy others with ur tym by neglecting ur own relationship....truth be told u myth fail ur home as a pastor becos u qave all ur tym 2 d church nd pple there in..... ur devotion as a cf executive u will av a up nd down with wat pple tot abt u....buh if dey av all know her as ur fiancee b4 u bcum an executive no one will judge u 4 dat, in conclusion try to work on serving pple nd ur relationship altogether without been bias.
Thanks
Re: Won't I Fail My Home As A Pastor? by Nobody: 3:22am On Jul 17, 2019
CaveAdullam:
I know you are doing the work of God, but you must understand that not all that are doing the work of God especially in ministering of the word were called by God.

The first question you will ask yourself is if you were really called by God to be a fellowship leader or whatever post you are heading in your fellowship. Don't expect God to help you on a journey He never sent you. You might choose to have a good time schedule which is good in the real sense but on the long run, will lead you to more depression if God is not the one that sent you.

Ask yourself this question when it is still early so that you will not fall into depression in the future, fail to do things that will make you happy or lose important people in your life. The answer you received via the Spirit of Christ will be an automatic life changer for you.

Thanks.

God bless.
You said it all

More power to your elbow

(1) (Reply)

The Interpretation Of The Dream Of When You See Tongues Of Fire? / COZA: God Will Restore Pastor Fatoyinbo Even If He Is Guilty – CAN Chairman / Believing In Man Made God For Protection Instead Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.