Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,488 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu (47029 Views)

We Are Disappointed With Inec's Decision To Review Obingwa's Results - Abia PDP / Garba Shehu: Some People Are Disappointed To Have Seen Buhari Real Life / We Are Disappointed With Nigeria’s 2019 General Elections — US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by edunwablog: 6:29am On Jul 14, 2019
A former Abia State Governor, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu has revealed that many senators are disappointed with their salaries after they got far below what they expected before getting into the Senate.

Kalu, who is the Chief Whip of the Senate, stated this on Saturday in Abuja when he addressed journalists, promising to give details of what senators earn soon.

He said: “Let me address the issue of jumbo pay. I have received my salary for June and it is far below what you people are writing.

“If a minister is travelling to Lagos, would he use his legs? What you call fat salary are monies used to run the constituency because they don’t give us additional funds.

“It is the money we use when we travel to Abia, Lagos, Badagry or Kaduna. Next meeting, I will unveil to you.

“You will now see that you are maligning and criticising the National Assembly for nothing.

“Most of my colleagues said they did not know it was going to be like this and I said we came to serve our country as senators.

“When they were outside, they were also saying that all the money was carried by the National Assembly which is not true.

“The money they have given them is not going to be enough. I have seen them crying already.

“They came to me to complain because I have seen the good and the ugly.

“I think that the media is not fair to the National Assembly. I call on you people to change your minds because there is no jumbo pay; honestly, I have not seen one.

“If I see jumbo pay that does not represent my conscience, I will speak.

“When I was governor, the state was buying my food; the state paid everything, but as a senator, nobody does that.”

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/07/many-senators-are-disappointed-with.html

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by Nukilia: 6:38am On Jul 14, 2019
Politicians in Nigeria are just greedy! You serve the people in 4 years and earn more than a civil servant who has worked for 35 years...

447 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by BENARI: 6:49am On Jul 14, 2019
When did this one become senator that he is already lecturing us about the Senate. Just one month, and You already know every every abi?
This clown of a man won't cease to amuse me; cheesy
Honestly!

314 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by Pavore9: 6:52am On Jul 14, 2019
Yet they are still reluctant to list out in details what gets to them monthly.

118 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by wengerjay(m): 6:58am On Jul 14, 2019
A situation where a billionaire Senator like Kalu is being paid 29 million per month as salary, it's not unexpected that it will not be enough as his take home per month.

109 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by slim75d(m): 7:00am On Jul 14, 2019
This is a new okoroawusa in the making perhaps he should be called uzor_awusa

75 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by Onlinealaba(m): 7:01am On Jul 14, 2019
Lol. Badt guy who u wan dey whine grin..we are talking of the additional bonuses and allowances ure talking of salary

check my signature

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by EricBloodAxe: 7:01am On Jul 14, 2019
Scam! Believe this fake news at your own peril.

24 Likes

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by Oluwasaeon(m): 7:01am On Jul 14, 2019
You still want food ?

5 Likes

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by uzohrome(m): 7:02am On Jul 14, 2019
Oga publish your salary account statements and expenditures online for June lets see. Instead of tackling your constituency projects you are demanding here talking talking talking.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by osemoses69: 7:02am On Jul 14, 2019
Tell us something

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by hannysur8(m): 7:02am On Jul 14, 2019
Oponu, na we be mumu abi, most of them will still want to go for second term despite complaining

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 7:02am On Jul 14, 2019
Why don’t they go on minimum wage like millions of Nigeria. Greedy senators

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by crafteck(m): 7:02am On Jul 14, 2019
Many civil servants are heart broken with their salaries, which they don't even get for months.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by arantess: 7:02am On Jul 14, 2019
They need to make legislation a part time thing, then many of them will lose interest

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by emirate0(m): 7:03am On Jul 14, 2019
Am also disappointed in my salary . Bros Mk we exchange

29 Likes

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by Freshbaba95(m): 7:03am On Jul 14, 2019
It's not their fault, Real Nigerians are yet to wake up. There is nothing this clowns know, that to loot. And re loot again.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by nelzmanjoe(m): 7:04am On Jul 14, 2019
How much is the salary Mr. Senator?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by little1992: 7:04am On Jul 14, 2019
But this guy is proving to us that he doesn't have sense... Anything to lick his masters ass...chai ndi Igbo ibem... We don't have reliable leaders oo.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by Gracejeri(f): 7:04am On Jul 14, 2019
Orji Uzor kalu dissapointing since 2004...

6 Likes

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by Kagarko(m): 7:04am On Jul 14, 2019
Very Funny.

Honestly, I'm not surprised at all we don't expect anything less.

But how much was your pay in the June alert you received.

God Bless Nigeria and Nigerians.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by Tomide007: 7:04am On Jul 14, 2019
If most Nigerians earn 10% of what they earn, Nigerians no go Dey pass sahara

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by WowSweetGuy(m): 7:04am On Jul 14, 2019
grin coz u r a rich man na....d money small for your eye

u r d many senators u r talking about....

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by mu2sa2: 7:06am On Jul 14, 2019
This igbo man refuses to disclose the figure on his june pay cheque. Does he think everyone can be fooled like ipobians are being hoodwinked by a fellow "countryman" of his?

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by ashcall(m): 7:06am On Jul 14, 2019
You are not confortable with the heart of the kitchen,then get the Bleep out.Yeye people

6 Likes

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by Livefreeordieha(m): 7:06am On Jul 14, 2019
edunwablog:
A former Abia State Governor, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu has revealed that many senators are disappointed with their salaries after they got far below what they expected before getting into the Senate.

Kalu, who is the Chief Whip of the Senate, stated this on Saturday in Abuja when he addressed journalists, promising to give details of what senators earn soon.

He said: “Let me address the issue of jumbo pay. I have received my salary for June and it is far below what you people are writing.

“If a minister is travelling to Lagos, would he use his legs? What you call fat salary are monies used to run the constituency because they don’t give us additional funds.

“It is the money we use when we travel to Abia, Lagos, Badagry or Kaduna. Next meeting, I will unveil to you.

“You will now see that you are maligning and criticising the National Assembly for nothing.

“Most of my colleagues said they did not know it was going to be like this and I said we came to serve our country as senators.

“When they were outside, they were also saying that all the money was carried by the National Assembly which is not true.

“The money they have given them is not going to be enough. I have seen them crying already.

“I think that the media is not fair to the National Assembly. I call on you people to change your minds because there is no jumbo pay; honestly, I have not seen one.

“When I was governor, the state was buying my food; the state paid everything, but as a senator, nobody does that.”

ok
Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by 9jaRealist: 7:06am On Jul 14, 2019
edunwablog:

What an he-diot...
Tax payers are struggling to feed themselves and their families, while the state was feeding you and your friends and visitors.

The culture of entitlement of most Nigerian politicians is despicable! SMH
>

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by Hotzone(m): 7:06am On Jul 14, 2019
Money shared during lobby nko?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by joshepade(m): 7:07am On Jul 14, 2019
These guys are corporate thieves

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu by psychologist(m): 7:07am On Jul 14, 2019
Yh lot should remember that der are graduates like them ya'll, that are on 18k minimum wage

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message / Ortom Vs Buhari: Adopt Ruga If You Want Peace In Benue - Garba Shehu To Governor / Vice President Shettima Officially Assumes Office (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.