Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,729 members, 7,802,207 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder (50173 Views)

Obasanjo, Fayemi Meet Governor Wike In Rivers State / Fatima Adamu's Wedding: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Fayemi, Others Attend (Photos) / ‘is Evans A Herdsman?’ — Tinubu Speaks On Murder Of Fasoranti’s Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by MT: 11:06am On Jul 14, 2019
These people should all shut up. I am a Yoruba and these so-called leaders have never represented our interest at any level. Just stealing monies for their selfish interests. Farmers and herdsmen have been co existing for decades. When herdsmen passed through a farm settlement, the farmers would even offer them water to drink. They were friends and knew themselves. We got a Fulani president and suddenly Herdsmen started carrying weapon. It is obvious that the politicians had stepped in, armed their own version of "Fulanis" in order to discredit the president before the citizens. The same cycle happened during Jonathan era, the politicians used his own people against him and there was terror unleashed in the Niger Delta, bombing of pipelines and all sorts in order to discredit him. Citizens should refuse to be fooled. If we have Ibo president tommorrow, the politicians will start funding MASSOB or whatever it is called to start causing problems.

Politicians who these so called leaders are hobnobbing with are the MAJOR cause of this crisis. Now the chicken has come home to roost. I pity the departed soul but as callous as it sounds, it wont be a bad idea for these leaders to feel a tiny heat of what other poor citizens have felt in the past.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by emmasege: 11:11am On Jul 14, 2019
I hope that Akeredolu knows the implications of these killings for his re-election.
Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by Deepfeel(m): 11:12am On Jul 14, 2019
Why is a ball on that table undecided grin
Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by Mosh1: 11:17am On Jul 14, 2019
Alexis11:

Lol... why so much anger We know cowards in Nigeria and definitely they are not Yorubas. Only cowards allow emotions to put him to unnecessary war.

When Yorubas are ready, Nigeria will cease to exist. cool
Seconded bro. I support you not because I am a Yoruba like you but the fact is if it is Yoruba that have been clamouring for division since 1960s, Nigeria would have been divided since. This people can't stand our intellectual ability a and capacity, but so unfortunately, my people are not yet ready.

1 Like

Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by MT: 11:17am On Jul 14, 2019
Goodbloke:
It's either you suffer from memory loss or you are just pathologically daft.

First off am Yoruba and I know for a fact that herdsmen need to be sent packing fromn the west.

Olu falae farm was razed and the frail old man kidnapped by them.

Am sure you would gladly give them land for RUGA from this statement you made am seriously ashamed that a Yoruba person could speak in such a manner .

You are docile by nature and you obviously lack intellectual depth. Such an idiot you are for you to attempt an attack against my person. If you are not as silly as you sound, you would read between the lines instead of your stupid feedback that seems so hurried. I wont throw banters with you any longer as I will just ignore you. You are no more worth my response. Obviously you have never heard of a root-cause tool to analyse a scenario. You are stupidly emotional. An ignoramus you are.

1 Like

Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by Larryndelaw: 11:28am On Jul 14, 2019
Very painful and not a good thing for parents to loose their children. A country where policemen will be protecting Yahoo boys and carrying governors wife handbags and forget about the security of the country. Even the man at the Top is now a slowpoke
Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by Eteka1(m): 11:31am On Jul 14, 2019
Obasanjo pls tell us,was the image of this country not diminished by the killing of Bola Ige, Marshall Harry, Aminasoari Dikibo, Andrew Agom, Funsho Williams etc?

1 Like

Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by gabe2016: 11:34am On Jul 14, 2019
NAWA OO
Staro:
I feel for his aged father.
Incidents like this will make him die before his time
Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by Publicizing: 11:38am On Jul 14, 2019
Just so ooo sad
Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by awa(m): 11:38am On Jul 14, 2019
All these condemnations just because she is a daughter of respected and well known man. My sincere condolence to the family however, I pray the Perpetrators of such dastardly act and other similar acts should be prosecuted. Buhari should bring to an end these incessant killings of Nigerians across the country.
Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by DSoj(m): 11:38am On Jul 14, 2019
I just hate this nonsense. These idiots only have voice when one of them is affected but close their senses when its a common man

To hell with all of them. DIE!

1 Like

Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 14, 2019
foliman:
All these actions are empty, null and void!
My heart aches and this is so saddening and unbecoming

It's time we all go our separate ways..

Life used to be a sacred thing in the past, but with this Fulani man as our president, killing has been a game, life has been a toy!

If we continue this way, we'll all wake up to nothing but the entire south overthrown by the northerners all armed.

They do not value family, life and property so why won't they kill others?

The North has always been a problem to the south, we can't continue like this, we have our culture, values and ethics but forcing an alien way of life on us is a way to colonize the south, behold they are advancing each day.

I'm a Yoruba guy and I wish we go our separate way!

Life is sweet!

Good morning good people of the South!

May God bless you

1 Like

Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by Austino50: 11:40am On Jul 14, 2019
Buhari Buhari Buhari, APC chieftains and Nigerians wake up to this devilish game been played by a certain desperate politicians from North who has hell-bent in destroying this country by sponsoring killer gangs against Nigeria just to profit politically from our disunity, same was done to Jonathan government but God did not allowing this certain politicians to benefit from it instead Buhari emerged from nowhere innocently to profit it, now same is been done to Buhari and the Buhari himself is far asleep by not waking up to the game instead he is busy talking about RUGA for Fulani, refusing to appoint cabinet since his inauguration, even refusing to address the nation in a situation like this.
This politician will not stop except something is done drastically; this politician will stop at nothing until this politician profit from all this killings for this politician to become Nigeria’s president but innocent blood will certainly not allow it.

1 Like

Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by CXLVII: 11:41am On Jul 14, 2019
[s]
Realtord43:
All this reacting and reactant should know fulani does no take threat serious, action again fulani wil only send a big msg to them. but am afraid, yoruba wil take action against their master. family wil alway be family.
[/s]
Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by CXLVII: 11:41am On Jul 14, 2019
[s]
foliman:

Life used to be a sacred thing in the past, but with this Fulani man as our president, killing has been a game, life has been a toy!

If we continue this way, we'll all wake up to nothing but the entire south overthrown by the northerners all armed.

The North has always been a problem to the south, we can't continue like this, we have our culture, values and ethics but forcing an alien way of life on us is a way to colonize the south, behold they are advancing each day.

Life is sweet!

[/s]
Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by ensamy(m): 11:43am On Jul 14, 2019
For too long thousands of sons and daughters of common /the less privileged were slaughtered by the marauding herdsmen and now just one daughter of a prominent Nigerian has been killed ooooooh all hell is now loose ..... Buhari can now talk and console someone......

Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by CXLVII: 11:44am On Jul 14, 2019
[s]
chiedu7:
This attack was an assassination by Fulani Herdsmen.

Listen to an eye witness say that the car overturned & was shot to pieces.
You don't attack a crashed car unless it's an assassination.
Buhari & co are trying to deny that the culprits are FULANI HERDSMEN .

If you watch this video, the brother of the murdered lady was told by police that they were fulani herdsmen.

Watch video on Twitter

When they now saw the outcry, now changed it to armed robbers.

[/s]
Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by naijaboy756: 11:45am On Jul 14, 2019
fogho19:
MTN NIGERIA is Giving Out Free Data Plans and Free Recharge Card
Claim it now Have got mine

VISIT MY WEBSITE FOR MORE DETAILS AND PROVES
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

CLICK HERE NOW!
This your scam format is still on?

1 Like

Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by CXLVII: 11:46am On Jul 14, 2019
[s]
Austino50:
Buhari Buhari Buhari, APC chieftains and Nigerians wake up to this devilish game been played by a certain desperate politicians from North who has hell-bent in destroying this country by sponsoring killer gangs against Nigeria just to profit politically from our disunity, same was done to Jonathan government but God did not allowing this certain politicians to benefit from it instead Buhari emerged from nowhere innocently to profit it, now same is been done to Buhari and the Buhari himself is far asleep by not waking up to the game instead he is busy talking about RUGA for Fulani, refusing to appoint cabinet since his inauguration, even refusing to address the nation in a situation like this.
This politician will not stop except something is done drastically; this politician will stop at nothing until this politician profit from all this killings for this politician to become Nigeria’s president but innocent blood will certainly not allow it.

emmasege:
I hope that Akeredolu knows the implications of these killings for his re-election.

[s]
MT:
These people should all shut up. I am a Yoruba and these so-called leaders have never represented our interest at any level. Just stealing monies for their selfish interests. Farmers and herdsmen have been co existing for decades. When herdsmen passed through a farm settlement, the farmers would even offer them water to drink. They were friends and knew themselves. We got a Fulani president and suddenly Herdsmen started carrying weapon. It is obvious that the politicians had stepped in, armed their own version of "Fulanis" in order to discredit the president before the citizens. The same cycle happened during Jonathan era, the politicians used his own people against him and there was terror unleashed in the Niger Delta, bombing of pipelines and all sorts in order to discredit him. Citizens should refuse to be fooled. If we have Ibo president tommorrow, the politicians will start funding MASSOB or whatever it is called to start causing problems.

Politicians who these so called leaders are hobnobbing with are the MAJOR cause of this crisis. Now the chicken has come home to roost. I pity the departed soul but as callous as it sounds, it wont be a bad idea for these leaders to feel a tiny heat of what other poor citizens have felt in the past.
[/s][/s]
Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by Staro: 11:53am On Jul 14, 2019
So painful
Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by DannyBams91: 11:58am On Jul 14, 2019
Maybe If herdsmen kill more prominent people... I think they will take action...

Sorry For The Loss.... Such a Beautiful and Wonderful Woman
Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by GGirll: 12:07pm On Jul 14, 2019
[quote author=foliman post=80244549]All these actions are empty, null and void!

Life is sweet!

Good morning good people of the South! [/quote

]
This is the kind of statement I expected from every southerner because together we stand but divided we fall....how foolish can d south be d Igbo and s Yorubas fighting themselves while our collective wealth n lives are being wasted by infidels n archaic lots.....I am Igbo n I love my people n every well meaning non biased citizens let d south unite like d north n fight for our collective existence without bias,sentiments n tribalism. Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by Sonia201919: 12:07pm On Jul 14, 2019
Hmmmmmm, we just need to go our separate ways. That is the only solution
Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by petertamtam6(m): 12:10pm On Jul 14, 2019
Now the thing don dey affect yoruba people......when they carried out python dance everybody was saying its not my business Now the thing don enter their .........This is just the Beginning..... grin grin >: grin grin
Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by chingymingy: 12:11pm On Jul 14, 2019
foliman:

Life is sweet!

I can bet over 70% of fellow Yoruba's won't accept this truth of your heart just so as to make the Igbo man feel out of place/line.

Buhari has caused more problem for this coumtry than any other democratic leader we've had.

It is well my brother

1 Like

Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by biggestmanhood(m): 12:15pm On Jul 14, 2019
Adeheb20:
Ok Pls check my sig
nobody will buy your data,u scam me of my money,u swine
Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by ajayiopy: 12:15pm On Jul 14, 2019
Staro:
Ooni of Ife

Meanwhile, the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi; former president Olusegun Obasanjo and Ekiti State Governor, Kayode Fayemi, have called for an end to insecurity in the land. They spoke in separate statements in reaction to the killing.

The Ooni said “Securing lives and property of Nigerians is the primary responsibility of the government. What is happening to us in Yorubaland at the moment if not urgently curtailed by the government may force our people to come with a communal security approach which may not augur well for the unity of this country which we have always laboured for.”

He added that it was a disgusting payback to a man like Pa Fasoranti who continued to live his life for Nigeria’s stability.

OBASANJO

On his part, Obasanjo tasked security forces to fish out killers of Olakunrin and end insecurity in the nation.

Obasanjo said, “This is a worrisome development in our polity, especially at a time when all well-meaning Nigerians are preaching tolerance and political accommodation in national politics.

“I must say Nigeria as a whole is diminished by the manner of Funke’s death. We deplore this dastardly act and seize this opportunity to call on governments at all levels to leave no stone unturned in ensuring that our security agents vigorously pursue and find the perpetrators of such heinous crime and make them face the full weight of the law.

“We must together find a solution to all acts of insecurity in the country, particularly acts of banditry, kidnapping, robbery and killing by the suspected Fulani herdsmen.’’

FAYEMI

Fayemi condemned the criminal act, saying there was the need for urgent action against the incessant cases of insecurity in the South-West. He described the incident as a tragedy of immense proportion.

He said that the Federal Government would be called upon to do something urgently about the insecurity challenges in the country.

The governor said, “I know Mrs Olakunrin very well. As a matter of fact, she was with me three days ago before heading back to Lagos. It is a personal loss and tragic situation for us and we all own it a duty to tackle this issue headlong to rescue our people from this situation.”

PANDEF

The Pan Niger Delta Elders’ Forum has described the continued attack on Nigerians by Fulani herdsmen as an attempt to break up Nigeria.

The National Secretary of PANDEF, Dr Alfred Mulade, in a statement on Saturday, said the killing of Olakunrin was callous and barbaric, adding that it was more disturbing to note that the onslaught by the herders against law-abiding citizens of Nigeria had become a daily occurrence.

Also, in a separate statement, IYC President, Eric Omare, observed that suspected Fulani kidnappers had taken over the Benin-Ore Expressway, adding that security agencies had kept mute while the onslaught by the herdsmen continued unabated.

“This is one death too many and we say enough is enough. It is on record that for many months, suspected Fulani kidnappers have virtually taken over the Benin to Lagos road and many persons have been victims of their activities.”

YORUBA UNITY FORUM

Besides, the Yoruba Unity Forum and the Afenifere Renewal Group commiserated with Fasoranti while condemning the killing of his daughter.

The ARG challenged the South-West governors to rise up to the occasion of securing the region, saying “it would now seem that the central government’s clinging to central policing has failed woefully in providing Nigerians with the needed security.”

ARG’s National Chairman, Olawale Oshun, and the Assistant National Publicity Secretary, Michael Ogungbemi, spoke in separate statements on Saturday.

The ARG statement read in part, “President Muhammadu Buhari government’s treatment of the murderous excesses of herdsmen with kid gloves is enough fillip for their continued killing of innocent souls, especially in places opposed to their archaic, backward, and crude method of pastoralism.”

According to the YUF, “It feels that, and rightly so too, that President Buhari’s continued emotional attachment to his folks; the Fulanis, to the detriment of the rest of the country, is already the fuel for the eventual arson of the whole country, if unchecked.

ONDO YOUTHS

Youths, under the auspices of Ondo State Youths Network, who protested against the killing at Fasoranti’s home when the dignitaries came on condolence visits, urged the security forces to apprehend the killers.

Carrying placards with inscriptions such as ‘Enough of these killings’ ‘Akeredolu must act now’, ‘Every human life matters’, ‘These killings must stop, ‘Governor Akeredolu do something”, the youth chanted solidarity songs .

One of the leaders of the group, Tuyi Akintade, said the government must act decisively against the killings and kidnapping by the herdsmen in the state.

https://punchng.com/herdsmen-convert-ondo-govt-forest-reserve-into-militia-camp/
AM A YORUBA MAN .WE WARNED YOU GUY BEFORE YOU ACTIVATED NEXT LEVEL.
YOU GUYS NEED GET THE NUMBER OF KILLING IN NIGERIA AS A RESULT OF THESE FACTORS:
1.RITUAL
2.HEARDSMEN
3.KIDNAPPING.
4.SUICIDE
5.FRUSTRATION
IF U CARE TO KNOW ,THE RATE OF RITUAL KILLING IS ALARMING IN LAGOS AND SOUTH WEST AS A WHOLE.
YOU THINK A FRESH GRADUATE FROM UNIVERSITY WILL LIKE TO VENTURE INTO YAHOO OR YAHOO PLUS?
THE GOVT NEED TO WAKE UP.NIGERIA IS GRADUALLY TURNING INTO SUDAN AND LIBERIA.
4 YEARS AGO,A FRESH GRADUATE WAS APPROACHED BY BH IN BAUCHI AND THEY PROMISED TO PAY HIM 100K MONTHLY JUST FOR INFORMATION GATHERING AND YOUR GOVT CANNOT PAY 30K AS MINIMUM WAGE.
WE NEED TO WAKE UP,THIS MATTER HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR POLITICAL AFFLIATIONS.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Amosun: How Tinubu Escaped Through The Back Door At Ogun APC Rally / Thugs Clash With Traders At Alaba International Market (Video) / Oby Ezekwesili Tweets About Sugabelly(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.