Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:03 PM

Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder (50179 Views)

Obasanjo, Fayemi Meet Governor Wike In Rivers State / Fatima Adamu's Wedding: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Fayemi, Others Attend (Photos) / ‘is Evans A Herdsman?’ — Tinubu Speaks On Murder Of Fasoranti’s Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by Olanipekun1: 12:16pm On Jul 14, 2019
CXLVII:
[s]
[/s]
Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by biggestmanhood(m): 12:18pm On Jul 14, 2019
Alexis11:

Lol... why so much anger We know cowards in Nigeria and definitely they are not Yorubas. Only cowards allow emotions to put him to unnecessary war.

When Yorubas are ready, Nigeria will cease to exist. cool
u are a bigger fool,scumbag
Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by kitaatita: 12:20pm On Jul 14, 2019
Obasanjo started his write-up like an elder statesman only to miniaturize it in the last paragraph. Mentioning herdsmen was not necessary; especially as he didn't mention cultism in Rivers and other Southern States.
Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by biggestmanhood(m): 12:21pm On Jul 14, 2019
Baroba:

Well said, I wish we will get this kind of reaction when ordinary Nigerians are killed..May her soul RIP..
more to go
Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by jrusky(m): 12:22pm On Jul 14, 2019
Infinityk:

Me too,I'm a Yoruba guy
I'm tired of this country called Nigeria
Its just causing heart ache for Yorubas everyday

Bro you are damn right. It's so painful and annoying the way things plays out. Everybody should know Fulani herdsmen are the most demonic unrepentant soul God ever created. They have no human mind if they hit you and you shy away bro they will come in much number to do the hitting over and over but when they hit you and you hit them back harder they withdraw that is their life but now we are still pampering them bro I bet you before this week runs out they will attack again in the SW pls mark my word.

I know them I grew partly in their midst I speak Hausa and a bit Fula, I lived in the same barracks with them I know the good ones and the dangerous ones among them bro the herds among them are extremely unforgiven and very dangerous they don't value human not a fellow Fula or herds like them.

1 Like

Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by DonBenny77(m): 12:25pm On Jul 14, 2019
Hmmmnn, i think that's the idea of ruga, it's actually a jihad to islamatize the country
Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by jbblues24(m): 12:32pm On Jul 14, 2019
@jbblues24 see o
Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by Infinityk: 12:32pm On Jul 14, 2019
profjustine458:
your comment is imbecilic
Like u
Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by selemo: 12:54pm On Jul 14, 2019
starlight3:
they are all reacting because someone prominent was killed....tens of thousands of defenceless innocent lives have been wasted and no reactions
Thank you bro.. That is black man for you,heartless kind of people. Now let us know their next action..
Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by selemo: 12:55pm On Jul 14, 2019
Splashme:
Fine woman.
She looks like someone I know
Likewise many yoruba ladies especially the Ondo ones..
Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by manuelkel(m): 1:06pm On Jul 14, 2019
if them asassinate poor man,matter go die. if na rich person,our politicians go dey interested. poor man done tire.
Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by Lightening: 1:06pm On Jul 14, 2019
foliman:
All these actions are empty, null and void!
My heart aches and this is so saddening and unbecoming

It's time we all go our separate ways..

Life used to be a sacred thing in the past, but with this Fulani man as our president, killing has been a game, life has been a toy!

If we continue this way, we'll all wake up to nothing but the entire south overthrown by the northerners all armed.

They do not value family, life and property so why won't they kill others?

The North has always been a problem to the south, we can't continue like this, we have our culture, values and ethics but forcing an alien way of life on us is a way to colonize the south, behold they are advancing each day.

I'm a Yoruba guy and I wish we go our separate way!

Life is sweet!

Good morning good people of the South!

Yoruba want to be president in 2023. Will they sacrifice that ambition for presidency, which is at a grabbing distance, just because one more random person was killed? Let them persevere even if more people are killed. It will be worth it in the end because with power, they can then restructure the country for good.

1 Like

Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by patomberekpe(m): 1:09pm On Jul 14, 2019
As much As I hate the death of this young woman which Is a sad thing,But If all the whole Government and past and present Government and all the media and private sectors all celebrities etc, Can we all see How they're in their numbers condemning the death of thIs woman because her father Is.a prominent figure,How about all those being killed 100,200,breadwinners of other families being killed on a regular basis?these people kept quiet.
Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by Zenlife: 1:13pm On Jul 14, 2019
Staro:
Ooni of Ife

Meanwhile, the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi; former president Olusegun Obasanjo and Ekiti State Governor, Kayode Fayemi, have called for an end to insecurity in the land. They spoke in separate statements in reaction to the killing.

The Ooni said “Securing lives and property of Nigerians is the primary responsibility of the government. What is happening to us in Yorubaland at the moment if not urgently curtailed by the government may force our people to come with a communal security approach which may not augur well for the unity of this country which we have always laboured for.”

He added that it was a disgusting payback to a man like Pa Fasoranti who continued to live his life for Nigeria’s stability.

OBASANJO

On his part, Obasanjo tasked security forces to fish out killers of Olakunrin and end insecurity in the nation.

Obasanjo said, “This is a worrisome development in our polity, especially at a time when all well-meaning Nigerians are preaching tolerance and political accommodation in national politics.

“I must say Nigeria as a whole is diminished by the manner of Funke’s death. We deplore this dastardly act and seize this opportunity to call on governments at all levels to leave no stone unturned in ensuring that our security agents vigorously pursue and find the perpetrators of such heinous crime and make them face the full weight of the law.

“We must together find a solution to all acts of insecurity in the country, particularly acts of banditry, kidnapping, robbery and killing by the suspected Fulani herdsmen.’’

FAYEMI

Fayemi condemned the criminal act, saying there was the need for urgent action against the incessant cases of insecurity in the South-West. He described the incident as a tragedy of immense proportion.

He said that the Federal Government would be called upon to do something urgently about the insecurity challenges in the country.

The governor said, “I know Mrs Olakunrin very well. As a matter of fact, she was with me three days ago before heading back to Lagos. It is a personal loss and tragic situation for us and we all own it a duty to tackle this issue headlong to rescue our people from this situation.”

PANDEF

The Pan Niger Delta Elders’ Forum has described the continued attack on Nigerians by Fulani herdsmen as an attempt to break up Nigeria.

The National Secretary of PANDEF, Dr Alfred Mulade, in a statement on Saturday, said the killing of Olakunrin was callous and barbaric, adding that it was more disturbing to note that the onslaught by the herders against law-abiding citizens of Nigeria had become a daily occurrence.

Also, in a separate statement, IYC President, Eric Omare, observed that suspected Fulani kidnappers had taken over the Benin-Ore Expressway, adding that security agencies had kept mute while the onslaught by the herdsmen continued unabated.

“This is one death too many and we say enough is enough. It is on record that for many months, suspected Fulani kidnappers have virtually taken over the Benin to Lagos road and many persons have been victims of their activities.”

YORUBA UNITY FORUM

Besides, the Yoruba Unity Forum and the Afenifere Renewal Group commiserated with Fasoranti while condemning the killing of his daughter.

The ARG challenged the South-West governors to rise up to the occasion of securing the region, saying “it would now seem that the central government’s clinging to central policing has failed woefully in providing Nigerians with the needed security.”

ARG’s National Chairman, Olawale Oshun, and the Assistant National Publicity Secretary, Michael Ogungbemi, spoke in separate statements on Saturday.

The ARG statement read in part, “President Muhammadu Buhari government’s treatment of the murderous excesses of herdsmen with kid gloves is enough fillip for their continued killing of innocent souls, especially in places opposed to their archaic, backward, and crude method of pastoralism.”

According to the YUF, “It feels that, and rightly so too, that President Buhari’s continued emotional attachment to his folks; the Fulanis, to the detriment of the rest of the country, is already the fuel for the eventual arson of the whole country, if unchecked.

ONDO YOUTHS

Youths, under the auspices of Ondo State Youths Network, who protested against the killing at Fasoranti’s home when the dignitaries came on condolence visits, urged the security forces to apprehend the killers.

Carrying placards with inscriptions such as ‘Enough of these killings’ ‘Akeredolu must act now’, ‘Every human life matters’, ‘These killings must stop, ‘Governor Akeredolu do something”, the youth chanted solidarity songs .

One of the leaders of the group, Tuyi Akintade, said the government must act decisively against the killings and kidnapping by the herdsmen in the state.

https://punchng.com/herdsmen-convert-ondo-govt-forest-reserve-into-militia-camp/

Cho Cho Cho Cho Cho Cho cho cho
All talk. No action! Wimpy idiots.

Yellow bellied empathy pretending dumb noise making empty barrels.

Good people of Nigeria, forget about all these spineless compromised cowardly NO ACTION 'leaders'.
Don't rely on them, don't count on them lest you be history.

Youths South of the Niger and Benue should first and foremost raze, burn down all bushes, forests and jungles to bare land. Burn and smoke out these murderous killers and jihadists and whomever they are. Erase ALL possible hiding places. Expose them out of their covers, be on standby and annihilate them.
Vegetation is useless if it endangers the people. Burn it all down.
No grazing areas. No excuse for these so called herdsmen (jihadists) to roam visibly or hiding.

Beyond that, waste anyone who looks Fulani. They are very easy to identify. Desperate times require desperate measures. No pussy footing. Await no leader, you don't need any. Don't be a wheelbarrow awaiting to be pushed.
Be proactive and not reactive.

Now, this is the time cultists can be useful and redeem their image to a great extent as protectors and heroes of the land.

Don't await a leader. None is needed.
A kid can burn down a forest, a jungle with a matchstick. Set it ALL off! Smoke them all out and send em back to their maker.

Same approach must be lodged against those who have infiltrated your towns and cities in the pretext of being Okada bike riders and small trade shack owners at entrances and exits of most streets especially in Lagos. Waste them ALL.

East and West must set aside their age-long differences been talking advantage of by a unified North.
They must in unity destroy the Fulani republic of Nigeria which is strong waxing.

Arise from thy slumber, good people of the South, East and West.
Waste ALL enemies of Nigeria and South Unity.

If it's war, so be it!
Best to die fighting protecting your ancestral home and lands and your generation than die a lame duck and still lose it all.

But I know the good people of Nigeria shall win for I'm confident in the victory of good over evil.
Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by YahwehRocks: 1:17pm On Jul 14, 2019
Zenlife:

Cho Cho Cho Cho Cho Cho cho cho
All talk. No action! Wimpy idiots.

Yellow bellied empathy pretending dumb noise making empty barrels.

Good people of Nigeria, forget about all these spineless compromised cowardly NO ACTION 'leaders'.
Don't rely on them, don't count on them lest you be history.

Youths South of the Niger and Benue should first and foremost raze, burn down all bushes, forests and jungles to bare land. Burn and smoke out these murderous killers and jihadists and whomever they are. Erase ALL possible hiding places. Expose them out of their covers, be on standby and annihilate them.
Vegetation is useless if it endangers the people. Burn it all down.
No grazing areas. No excuse for these so called herdsmen (jihadists) to roam visibly or hiding.

Beyond that, waste anyone who looks Fulani. They are very easy to identify. Desperate times require desperate measures. No pussy footing. Await no leader, you don't need any. Don't be a wheelbarrow awaiting to be pushed.
Be proactive and not reactive.

Now, this is the time cultists can be useful and redeem their image to a great extent as protectors and heroes of the land.

Don't await a leader. None is needed.
A kid can burn down a forest, a jungle with a matchstick. Set it ALL off! Smoke them all out and send em back to their maker.

Same approach must be lodged against those who have infiltrated your towns and cities in the pretext of being Okada bike riders and small trade shack owners at entrances and exits of most streets especially in Lagos. Waste them ALL.

East and West must set aside their age-long differences been talking advantage of by a unified North.
They must in unity destroy the Fulani republic of Nigeria which is strong waxing.

Arise from thy slumber, good people of the South, East and West.
Waste ALL enemies of Nigeria and South Unity.

If it's war, so be it!
Best to die fighting protecting your ancestral home and lands and your generation than die a lame duck and still lose it all.

But I know the good people of Nigeria shall win for I'm confident in the victory of good over evil.

Points noted, taken and approved totally.
Nigeria will be great if she had many more like you. Thank you.
God bless you.
Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by Stillthebest: 1:37pm On Jul 14, 2019
Nigeria will soon demaginalized. That's the only solution and let others nationals enter each country after demaginalization, with identities. Every region(becoming countries) should tighten borders... Let everyone use whatever resources they have to develop their areas..OR let's decentralized the country. Let the total power shifts from the centre, distribute wealths equally and let the central oversee and govern on royalties.
Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by cooljoe(m): 1:42pm On Jul 14, 2019
Shey D's pple are ok nee? All the peeps that have been dying since kwanu cos of your failures as leaders. Is the daughter of the Afenifere leader more Nigerian than they were?
Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by Arijude(m): 1:44pm On Jul 14, 2019
Alexis11:

Lol... why so much anger We know cowards in Nigeria and definitely they are not Yorubas. Only cowards allow emotions to put him to unnecessary war.

yorubas are the only known cowards in Nigeria. You can never be ready for anything
Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by Ooye12: 1:46pm On Jul 14, 2019
I pity her father a lot , so painful , heart break ... God please protect this family’s.... embarassed

1 Like

Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by CORRECTMAN788: 1:54pm On Jul 14, 2019
Alexis11:

Smart fo*l, when u must have all gone?
Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by Sammysparkcutie: 1:58pm On Jul 14, 2019
Alexis11:

Yoruba ready? We will have to wait till eternity. Please say something else.
Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by JimohMomoh: 2:00pm On Jul 14, 2019
starlight3:
they are all reacting because someone prominent was killed....tens of thousands of defenceless innocent lives have been wasted and no reactions

100 Likes
Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by JimohMomoh: 2:02pm On Jul 14, 2019
hollywater:
Obj i have a big respect for you.However,i don't think the security agents can do anything in fishing the killers as you requested.Simply because all the security apparatus in Nigeria at the moment are Fulanies.

You forgot to add the president.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by Dalby(m): 2:08pm On Jul 14, 2019
foliman:

Life used to be a sacred thing in the past, but with this Fulani man as our president, killing has been a game, life has been a toy!

If we continue this way, we'll all wake up to nothing but the entire south overthrown by the northerners all armed.

The North has always been a problem to the south, we can't continue like this, we have our culture, values and ethics but forcing an alien way of life on us is a way to colonize the south, behold they are advancing each day.

Life is sweet!

It is disheartening that Nigeria has degenerated to this level.
We constantly fan the amber's of war between the North and South. How did we come to the conclusion that it was the handy work of Fulani herdsmen
The accounts of the driver and maid say men armed and masked. What makes them different from the regular robbers we are used to?, We're cattles seen around which they are supposed to be herding
Why must we politicize every thing
Rumours spread faster than truth

See accounts https://www.nairaland.com/5300168/funke-olakunrins-driver-maid-reveal
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by meekah: 2:10pm On Jul 14, 2019
foliman:

Life is sweet!

you not a Yoruba man/guy as you assume, be proud of your tribe and not hide behind nairaland
to be clamming what you are not,meanwhile when South Sudan separated from Sudan have they know peace till now? continue to live in fool Paradise by thinking that separating Nigeria will bring the desire peace the region you profess we have
Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by foliman(m): 2:13pm On Jul 14, 2019
meekah:
you not a Yoruba man/guy as you assume, be proud of your tribe and not hide behind nairaland
to be clamming what you are not,meanwhile when South Sudan separated from Sudan have they know peace till now? continue to live in fool Paradise by thinking that separating Nigeria will bring the desire peace the region you profess we have

Maybe you tell me where I'm from.....
I'm from Akoko in Ondo State... I guess Ondo State is in South Africa?

If you think we at peace, a joker is better than whom you are....
Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by Charly68: 2:35pm On Jul 14, 2019
Our leaders like to speak big grammar without any meaningful impart. This is very sickening ..they assume position and do nothing ..I mean nothing tangible until they leave office to begin stupid lamentation .
Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by naijajobx: 2:56pm On Jul 14, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by Dpharisee: 4:17pm On Jul 14, 2019
Goodbloke:
It's either you suffer from memory loss or you are just pathologically daft.

First off am Yoruba and I know for a fact that herdsmen need to be sent packing fromn the west.

Olu falae farm was razed and the frail old man kidnapped by them.

Am sure you would gladly give them land for RUGA from this statement you made am seriously ashamed that a Yoruba person could speak in such a manner .

Don't bother arguing with him, Igbos call people like him saboteurs. They are desperately trying to downplay the situation in the SW
Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by Alexis11: 5:06pm On Jul 14, 2019
CORRECTMAN788:

Smart fo*l, when u must have all gone?
You have a good description of your father kiddo. cheesy
Re: Ooni, Obasanjo, Fayemi Others React To Fasoranti's Daughter's Murder by Alexis11: 5:08pm On Jul 14, 2019
Arijude:
yorubas are the only known cowards in Nigeria. You can never be ready for anything

Your lying parents told you that. They were wrong. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senator Ben Murray-bruce Mocks Change Slogan Of APC Led-government / Oby Ezekwesili Tweets About Sugabelly(photo) / Apostle Suleman Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements For Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.