Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,586 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

This Is Why You Are Not Making Sales On Social Media - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / This Is Why You Are Not Making Sales On Social Media (13017 Views)

This Is Why Your Business Is Not Making Sales / Working Strategy For Constant Sales On Clickbank/Jvzoo/Warr+ Check Out And Learn / "Dangote Did Not Become A Billionaire By Typing Amen On Social Media" (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why You Are Not Making Sales On Social Media by victorian(f): 11:14pm On Jul 14, 2019
Lemme advertise mine .

Are you based on the mainland ? And you want to learn how to sew dresses , padded blouses , jumpsuits, english and asoebi styles in both male and female designs professionally with pattern draftings and all?

Then send a mail to vpuegeren@gmail.com for enquiries and more details.

Its purely practicals with moderate fees .

God bless .
Re: This Is Why You Are Not Making Sales On Social Media by MrCoker: 11:17pm On Jul 14, 2019
obembet:
Thanks for this...

adverts is number. Believe that
Re: This Is Why You Are Not Making Sales On Social Media by MrCoker: 11:18pm On Jul 14, 2019
deebee13:

Wow!
This is one of the best threads I've seen on Nairaland.
Thank you so much for this!
So on point!!!

Adverts is number one, believe that.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Are Not Making Sales On Social Media by Seunnzy(m): 11:20pm On Jul 14, 2019
Timagex:
Nice tips. But, not explicit enough. You focused on the people who actually "sell" and not people who render services. I'm a photographer. @timagex photography. How do I entertain customers without making the page less professional? I need responses please...
Now what kind of photography are u into
Re: This Is Why You Are Not Making Sales On Social Media by MrCoker: 11:20pm On Jul 14, 2019
Aderewah:
Lol. Nigerian sellers don't want to invest. They don't brand. They don't do marketing. All that to them is money wasting. They use viva video for their business and phone apps for graphics. They are stingy and don't like paying professionals. That's why they often pack up in few months.

Exactly. They no even sabi packaging

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Are Not Making Sales On Social Media by NiggasInParis: 11:23pm On Jul 14, 2019
grin
Re: This Is Why You Are Not Making Sales On Social Media by Seunnzy(m): 11:42pm On Jul 14, 2019
I'd say it depends on the type of audience u targeting and the kind of service u render and the kind of social network u are on..some are for business
Re: This Is Why You Are Not Making Sales On Social Media by abbeysoul(m): 12:26am On Jul 15, 2019
Timagex:
Nice tips. But, not explicit enough. You focused on the people who actually "sell" and not people who render services. I'm a photographer. @timagex photography. How do I entertain customers without making the page less professional? I need responses please...
It is not compulsory that you entertain them bro. You can educate them by giving them some tips. For instance you can educate them about the best 10 venues to shoot videos in Lagos or Abuja or how to prepare for a photoshoot or whatever you can think of to give them value for their money. Just make sure you are building trust with your content so that they can see you as an authority in your niche. Trusting you will convert them into your full fledged customers
Re: This Is Why You Are Not Making Sales On Social Media by pinkygurl(f): 1:25am On Jul 15, 2019
Brooke60:
Many people come to me and complain about not making sales on Social Media despite the fact that they post almost every day. Even when you've found the perfect social media platform to engage your target audience, your marketing efforts may not be effective if none of them has heard of you before.

Below are some of the reasons you are not making sales:

1. Your Business is too *Salesy*: Visiting your page, what will I Find? Only your Products? Every time, come and buy. Did you put money in my account? Why can't I come to your page and be entertained, educated and informed while you are still selling your products? In short, your page must not be about your business alone.

2. No hashtag: Some online sellers don't make use of a hashtag, especially on Instagram. Using relevant, targeted hashtags on your posts and stories is still one of the best ways to get discovered by new audiences on Instagram. And this can translate into more engagement, more followers, and more customers for your business.

3. No Reviews: You need to post what people are saying about your business. It might be about fast delivery, about your customer service and even about the effectiveness of your products. Are you into fashion? Let people snap and send to you. Sometimes, you may have to tell your customer to say one or two things. Posting Reviews eliminates Scam from the mind of prospecting customers. They tend to trust you more and want to buy from you.

4. No Humanization: You need to humanize your business. Your business needs to feel what people are feeling. Is the Country sad about any event? Your business should also be sad (Post about it), is the country Happy? Your business must be happy. Did the country lose a match? Post about this. Is there an election? Pray for a successful one. Muslim Celebration? Celebrate your Muslim Customers. This should also be the same with all the public holidays in the calendar.

5. No Advert: This is so funny. Why won't you run sponsored ads? MTN, GLO, AIRTEL and even Banks are always running ads to stay in the face of their customers but you don't run ads for yours? How does it work? You should always have a monthly budget to run ads for your business. There are many competitors and you should always be ahead of them.
grin
Re: This Is Why You Are Not Making Sales On Social Media by yomalex(m): 5:59am On Jul 15, 2019
delawal:

I need platform DT can delver SMS to DND numbers
www.domesms.com.ng
Re: This Is Why You Are Not Making Sales On Social Media by Brooke60(f): 6:43am On Jul 15, 2019
goodlife4every1 please Send your mail to Misola@websitechic.biz
Re: This Is Why You Are Not Making Sales On Social Media by Brooke60(f): 6:45am On Jul 15, 2019
Timagex:
You can share viral videos on your page as well, write short educative contents on how to take selfie, the benefits of lights in pictures e.t.c.
Re: This Is Why You Are Not Making Sales On Social Media by Intelligentdude(m): 9:10am On Jul 15, 2019
Do you have a Facebook Page for your Business?Do you have an Instagram Business Profile? I feel you should start from there. The OP can expantiate on it more.
Timagex:
Re: This Is Why You Are Not Making Sales On Social Media by Brooke60(f): 9:11am On Jul 15, 2019
deebee13:

Wow!
This is one of the best threads I've seen on Nairaland.
Thank you so much for this!
So on point!!!
Glad to be of help. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Are Not Making Sales On Social Media by Luthercboi: 9:12am On Jul 15, 2019
Brooke60:
Thanks

Guys, I help you or your business to have a solid social media presence to achieve your objectives. Contact me, Lets talk.

Message me on WhatsApp
Re: This Is Why You Are Not Making Sales On Social Media by Intelligentdude(m): 9:14am On Jul 15, 2019
It is the more reason why you need a Skilled Digital Marketer to guide you. If you know how to define your Customer Avatar and do your targetting,you should see results. The OP is good in things like this (SEO writeup,Online branding etc).
Krafty006:
Social media biz is survival of the fittest
Re: This Is Why You Are Not Making Sales On Social Media by carlos1(m): 9:14am On Jul 15, 2019
Timagex:

There is no difference here. When u r rendering services, u r also selling ur skills. There's no difference here. What r u talking about.
Re: This Is Why You Are Not Making Sales On Social Media by Timagex(m): 9:30am On Jul 15, 2019
Seunnzy:

Now what kind of photography are u into
I shoot portraits, (@timagex photography), nature,(@nature_with_nikon), landscape, long exposure, architecture, products and any creative thing that tickes my fancy. I aim to go into wildlife, but, funds and equipments.... embarassed
Re: This Is Why You Are Not Making Sales On Social Media by Timagex(m): 9:34am On Jul 15, 2019
abbeysoul:

It is not compulsory that you entertain them bro. You can educate them by giving them some tips. For instance you can educate them about the best 10 venues to shoot videos in Lagos or Abuja or how to prepare for a photoshoot or whatever you can think of to give them value for their money. Just make sure you are building trust with your content so that they can see you as an authority in your niche. Trusting you will convert them into your full fledged customers
Nice tips sir. I appreciate. I will put those into use. Many thanks cheesy
Re: This Is Why You Are Not Making Sales On Social Media by Timagex(m): 9:38am On Jul 15, 2019
Brooke60:
You can share viral videos on your page as well, write short educative contents on how to take selfie, the benefits of lights in pictures e.t.c.
. Very insightful tips. But, about the viral videos, won't it make my page look less professional?
Re: This Is Why You Are Not Making Sales On Social Media by Timagex(m): 9:41am On Jul 15, 2019
Intelligentdude:
Do you have a Facebook Page for your Business?Do you have an Instagram Business Profile? I feel you should start from there. The OP can expantiate on it more.
. I have an instagram page @timagex photography but I don't have one on Facebook. I don't really flow with Facebook... Tbh..
Re: This Is Why You Are Not Making Sales On Social Media by Timagex(m): 9:48am On Jul 15, 2019
carlos1:

There is no difference here. When u r rendering services, u r also selling ur skills. There's no difference here. What r u talking about.
. I think it's kind of different sir. But, I don't know how I can explain...
Re: This Is Why You Are Not Making Sales On Social Media by AutoMoTech(m): 12:32pm On Jul 15, 2019
Aderewah:
Lol. Nigerian sellers don't want to invest. They don't brand. They don't do marketing. All that to them is money wasting. They use viva video for their business and phone apps for graphics. They are stingy and don't like paying professionals. That's why they often pack up in few months.
Can you please expatiate more on branding and marketing?
And what's the right way for an entrepreneur to go about it?
Re: This Is Why You Are Not Making Sales On Social Media by AutoMoTech(m): 12:35pm On Jul 15, 2019
Intelligentdude:
It is the more reason why you need a Skilled Digital Marketer to guide you. If you know how to define your Customer Avatar and do your targetting,you should see results. The OP is good in things like this (SEO writeup,Online branding etc).
Sorry to say but i have found out alot of people claim to be social media/digtal marketers and all however many dont know shit in what they do. Now my question is I would love to know how to spot the right person for my business?
Re: This Is Why You Are Not Making Sales On Social Media by Seunnzy(m): 12:48pm On Jul 15, 2019
Timagex:
I shoot portraits, (@timagex photography), nature,(@nature_with_nikon), landscape, long exposure, architecture, products and any creative thing that tickes my fancy. I aim to go into wildlife, but, funds and equipments.... embarassed
Map out a social media plan and the goals u want to achieve..is it to create awareness or to deepen relationships with existing customers
don’t forget about the why. Why are you posting all of these updates? Which business goals are these posts meant to support? If social media is all about raising awareness for you, make sure your posts are designed to do that. On the other hand, if social media is more of a way for you to deepen relationships with your existing fans and customers, your posts are going to look quite different. There’s no right or wrong approach, but again: make sure you know why you’re sharing what you’re sharing.
Re: This Is Why You Are Not Making Sales On Social Media by Aderewah: 1:01pm On Jul 15, 2019
AutoMoTech:

Can you please expatiate more on branding and marketing?
And what's the right way for an entrepreneur to go about it?

Branding is a long term journey. It's the image that you build in the mind of people about your products or services over time. Coke is just sweet, colored water without health benefits. But because they have built their brand over time, millions of people recognise and patronise coke everyday. It's not enough to just sell thing. There must be a romantic relationship between your brand and the minds of people. It's why people will queue at night to buy the iPhone. It's beyond just a product that works. And it is built over time using different medium, especially visuals and audio visuals. Video ads, graphics, shorts, commercials, promos etc are some of the best tools for creating branding over time.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Are Not Making Sales On Social Media by AutoMoTech(m): 1:19pm On Jul 15, 2019
Aderewah:

Branding is a long term journey. It's the image that you build in the mind of people about your products or services over time. Coke is just sweet, colored water without health benefits. But because they have built their brand over time, millions of people recognise and patronise coke everyday. It's not enough to just sell thing. There must be a romantic relationship between your brand and the minds of people. It's why people will queue at night to buy the iPhone. It's beyond just a product that works. And it is built over time using different medium, especially visuals and audio visuals. Video ads, graphics, shorts, commercials, promos etc are some of the best tools for creating branding over time.
Hmmmmm.... tnx for this. And marketing?
Re: This Is Why You Are Not Making Sales On Social Media by Aderewah: 1:31pm On Jul 15, 2019
AutoMoTech:

Hmmmmm.... tnx for this. And marketing?
In the past, it used to be tv and radio. In nigeria today, more people use phones. You want to market to them through that. However some traditional marketing medium like billboards and radio still work wonders. Don't use tv for now. You can also hack marketing by puthing out a vacancy for your company. Word will spread and a lot of people will know about. Do sponsored posts and Use video ads 70% of the time. Do giveaways, put value of your page, have a website and tweak word of mouth marketing. You'll be on the way.
Re: This Is Why You Are Not Making Sales On Social Media by esty57(f): 2:26pm On Jul 15, 2019
victorian:
Lemme advertise mine .

Are you based on the mainland ? And you want to learn how to sew dresses , padded blouses , jumpsuits, english and asoebi styles in both male and female designs professionally with pattern draftings and all?

Then send a mail to vpuegeren@gmail.com for enquiries and more details.

Its purely practicals with moderate fees .

God bless .
pls your address
Re: This Is Why You Are Not Making Sales On Social Media by Intelligentdude(m): 2:45pm On Jul 15, 2019
Most people feel knowing how to advertise on Facebook/Instagram is all there is to know about Digital Marketing which is actually wrong. That is just an aspect of Digital Marketing known as Social Media Marketing. We have other areas of Digital Marketing which include Content Marketing,Google Ads,Customer Avatart,Sales Funnel,Email Marketing etc. The first thing I would like to know before giving my counsel is to know the kind of Business you are into. This to a large extent will determine the kind of target audience you are looking at. The OP is good in targeting ads,SEO content writing and other areas of digital Marketing.
AutoMoTech:

Sorry to say but i have found out alot of people claim to be social media/digtal marketers and all however many dont know shit in what they do. Now my question is I would love to know how to spot the right person for my business?

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Are Not Making Sales On Social Media by Intelligentdude(m): 2:49pm On Jul 15, 2019
I think it is not really about the platform you like but more about where your prospects can be found. This is all in the sales funnel process. I fot instance prefer whatsap to Telegram but last year I spent most of my time on Telegram because it was the platform most of my business associates were and still are using. It is all about going to where you ideal buyers are.
Timagex:
. I have an instagram page @timagex photography but I don't have one on Facebook. I don't really flow with Facebook... Tbh..
Re: This Is Why You Are Not Making Sales On Social Media by Timagex(m): 3:50pm On Jul 15, 2019
Intelligentdude:
I think it is not really about the platform you like but more about where your prospects can be found. This is all in the sales funnel process. I fot instance prefer whatsap to Telegram but last year I spent most of my time on Telegram because it was the platform most of my business associates were and still are using. It is all about going to where you ideal buyers are.
. That's true. Can you guide me on how to setup the Facebook page sir?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Banks Get 30-day Deadline To Close Accounts Without BVN / I Want To Make An Order From Aliexpress. Advice Needed. / U.S's Binance Probe Expands To Examine Possible Insider Trading

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.