Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,203 members, 7,780,361 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:01 PM

A Medical Advice Needed - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A Medical Advice Needed (655 Views)

A Lump In My Scrotum(3 Testicle)......medical Advice Needed, Pls Help!! PHOTO / COVID-19: A Medical Team From China Coming To Nigeria Soon - Osagie Ehanire / Hepatitis B; From A Medical Laboratory Scientist Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Medical Advice Needed by Compliance(m): 4:06pm On Jul 14, 2019
Hello nairalander doctors and medical practitioners. A brothers needs an urgent help.

For about two years, I have been having a strange sensation in my left chest, may be my heart. It has always been a random occurrence and is not predictable at all, it is like a hard heart beat that comes suddenly and goes off too, it happens several times in a day. Doctors have called it palpitations but I'm finding it difficult to agree. It is not painful at all but somehow unpleasant and its burdensome, feeling as if my heart wants to burst.

I can't trace this symptom to anything, but I discovered recently that it subsides with enough sleep.
I was once diagnosed of anxiety neurosis and anxiety disorders when I discovered that my heart beat was way too fast per minute, well over 100 beats per minute. Since then I have been on a tablet called atenolol, I take about 25mg daily for close to three years now.

Then, I had an episode of what I can best call a panic attack, I ran to the hospital and was attended to, my heart beat was around 120/min that day and my Bp was 160/100 that same day. The doctor said I was hypertensive, but other doctors that attended to me after that day disregarded the diagnosis and told me to discontinue the hypertensive drugs prescribed to me.

It was latter that another doctor, a cardiologist, told me that I am suffering from anxiety disorders and recommended that I take the atenolol tablet of 25mg daily to calm my heart, I have been taking that regularly and my Bp has been around 130/90 to 140/90. I am a young man of 32 and have a very moderate weight, I am not fat, and not extremely slim.

I got to know recently that I have ulcer at two different points, I had always maintained to doctors that I don't have ulcer whenever they asked to guide their drug prescriptions. I assumed I didn't have until scan revealed it, I never recognised ulcer symptoms and thought I didn't have it.

Please nairalanders, I need answers...
What could be the cause of the thumping beat feeling in my chest?
Could it be due to High Blood Pressure, or ulcer or anxiety or a side effect of the atenolol tablet?
How safe is the atenolol tablet? I've been on it for close to 3 years.

I know I should see a doctor, I have seen several already, not less than ten and their answers have somehow been the same. But I'm not enjoying my health... Or are there things I still need to know?
Re: A Medical Advice Needed by Bmchristy(f): 4:22pm On Jul 14, 2019
Stop all you have been taken chat with me on my phone number 08074036921...pls WhatsApp only. Sorry Sir/Ma.
Re: A Medical Advice Needed by Herbal01: 5:29pm On Jul 14, 2019
Compliance:
Hello nairalander doctors and medical practitioners. A brothers needs an urgent help.

For about two years, I have been having a strange sensation in my left chest, may be my heart. It has always been a random occurrence and is not predictable at all, it is like a hard heart beat that comes suddenly and goes off too, it happens several times in a day. Doctors have called it palpitations but I'm finding it difficult to agree. It is not painful at all but somehow unpleasant and its burdensome, feeling as if my heart wants to burst.

I can't trace this symptom to anything, but I discovered recently that it subsides with enough sleep.
I was once diagnosed of anxiety neurosis and anxiety disorders when I discovered that my heart beat was way too fast per minute, well over 100 beats per minute. Since then I have been on a tablet called atenolol, I take about 25mg daily for close to three years now.

Then, I had an episode of what I can best call a panic attack, I ran to the hospital and was attended to, my heart beat was around 120/min that day and my Bp was 160/100 that same day. The doctor said I was hypertensive, but other doctors that attended to me after that day disregarded the diagnosis and told me to discontinue the hypertensive drugs prescribed to me.

It was latter that another doctor, a cardiologist, told me that I am suffering from anxiety disorders and recommended that I take the atenolol tablet of 25mg daily to calm my heart, I have been taking that regularly and my Bp has been around 130/90 to 140/90. I am a young man of 32 and have a very moderate weight, I am not fat, and not extremely slim.

I got to know recently that I have ulcer at two different points, I had always maintained to doctors that I don't have ulcer whenever they asked to guide their drug prescriptions. I assumed I didn't have until scan revealed it, I never recognised ulcer symptoms and thought I didn't have it.

Could it be due to High Blood Pressure, or ulcer or anxiety or a side effect of the atenolol tablet?

I know I should see a doctor, I have seen several already, not less than ten and their answers have somehow been the same. But I'm not enjoying my health... Or are there things I still need to know?

call 08102349372
Re: A Medical Advice Needed by engrelvis(m): 2:34pm On Jul 15, 2019
Compliance:

dnt call any person let dem chat with u here. What ur suffering is anxiety( yr bp is anxiety induced)n ulcers.treat dem n u will b fine

1 Like

Re: A Medical Advice Needed by makay200(m): 9:07am On Mar 12, 2020
[quote author=Compliance post=80257749]Hello nairalander doctors and medical practitioners. A brothers needs an urgent help.

(1) (Reply)

Anyone Selling Apetamin Syrup Here? / Two Generic Drugs Being Tested In U.S. In Race To Find Coronavirus Treatments / France Records 112 Coronavirus Deaths In A Day As Death Toll Reaches 562

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.