Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,408 members, 7,808,451 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

What Is It About Catholic Church.. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is It About Catholic Church.. (6399 Views)

A Catholic Church Is Where You Can Find Enough Wifey Material Ladies (pics) / Catholic Woman Reacts After Pastors Seek Her Hand In Marriage (pics) / 50 Couples Wed In Imo Mass Wedding At Catholic Church Immaculate Heart Of Mary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is It About Catholic Church.. by Ameeria: 5:15am On Jul 16, 2019
I don't see the big deal in doing her bidding as a compensation for her sponsors. In fact, you could both move base afterwards without letting them know which of the two churches you prefer.

Good luck.
Re: What Is It About Catholic Church.. by jesmond3945: 8:13am On Jul 16, 2019
Kelvinsaint:
Good morning everyone on this platform.

Please I want to know why most catholic families and parents don't allow their children marry anyone outside catholic church.

I'm a young guy in my late 20s,a graduate of accounting. I'm a public servant and I work in a federal government organization and earn well via my salary.

I meet this young pretty lady during my nysc dayz and since then we have been in love with each other.

Ever since my ex girlfriend whom I love so much left me and got married to someone else probably because I was not financially buoyant enough to take care of her and she couldn't wait for me to acquire more wealth before we settle down. I decided to take my time to look for someone else I can end up with in terms of marriage.

Yesterday been Sunday I was discussing with this pretty diva (my new girlfriend) I told her my intentions that I'm getting ready for our marriage maybe by on or before Xmas this year.

To my utmost surprise she told me that we should have our wedding in catholic church.. but I was born and brought up in Angelica church. She told me she can't marry me if I will not Wed her in catholic church. We start having a very big misunderstanding about that.i ask her the reason why it must be catholic church, she said her parents died when she was 5years old and her mothers family(grand parents) took her and her other siblings, and saw them through school. My girlfriend just started her PhD program recently cause she is through with her masters and she is just 24years old. She told me that her uncle that took care of her education till this stage whom is a catholic church Rev father warned her that if she gets married or plan getting married to anyone outside catholic. That he will cut all ties with her and she don't want to go against them.

I told her what if I agree to do the wedding in catholic church and after the wedding we go back to Anglican church. She said it not going to happen, that if she can't continue with going to catholic church, maybe we shouldn't marry at all.

She just told me on phone that it's better we end our relationship and move if I can't allow her to wed and be a catholic forever...

I asked what if my own parents object to her own opinion about wedding in catholic church since we are born Anglican, her answer is that my parents should understand that am doing it for love.

But she will never and nothing will ever make her compromise to her decision of marrying outside catholic church.. And that it's better for her to be single than to marry outside catholic.

Please what is it about catholic church.?
Are we not serving the same God?
Why is religion a problem to humanity?

Below is our chat attachment.

please my brother I beg you in the name of God look for another woman. She is not even ready to stand by you or your decision as a man. She is telling you about her phd to hype her status and make you do everything to be with her. I am not saying she is wrong telling you but the unintentional purpose is to hype her status. She would never attend anglican and she would raise your kids in catholic. I dont have problem with that my own problem is how she reduced loving and be your wife to based on an imported institution handed to us by white people is very unsettling.
Re: What Is It About Catholic Church.. by jesmond3945: 8:16am On Jul 16, 2019
Kelvinsaint:
Brother, thanks so much for you advise but I can't do that, if her family detect our wedding choice and of church. their can still make her go against my own wish in marriage maybe tomorrow she may prefer her Rev uncle words more than my.

And she want me now to be a catholic against my wish. Cause I love her
your response shows that you are even more intelligent than the people you are seeking advise from.
Re: What Is It About Catholic Church.. by Ubenedictus(m): 10:33am On Jul 16, 2019
Apination:

Anglican or Roman Catholic, there's no difference, it's the same sacrament and creed. The Anglican church is still Catholic in nature just the name. undecided
this is not true, the Catholic Church does not recognize the sacraments of the Anglican church except baptism.

We use the same creed but the Anglicans interprets certain parts differently.

1 Like

Re: What Is It About Catholic Church.. by Apination(m): 10:53am On Jul 16, 2019
Ubenedictus:
this is not true, the Catholic Church does not recognize the sacraments of the Anglican church except baptism.

We use the same creed but the Anglicans interprets certain parts differently.
Which of the Catholic churches? Roman Catholic, Easter orthodox, Anglo Catholics, Coptic Catholics etc are you referring to?
Re: What Is It About Catholic Church.. by Ubenedictus(m): 11:15am On Jul 16, 2019
Kelvinsaint:
Good morning everyone on this platform.

Please I want to know why most catholic families and parents don't allow their children marry anyone outside catholic church.

I'm a young guy in my late 20s,a graduate of accounting. I'm a public servant and I work in a federal government organization and earn well via my salary.

I meet this young pretty lady during my nysc dayz and since then we have been in love with each other.

Ever since my ex girlfriend whom I love so much left me and got married to someone else probably because I was not financially buoyant enough to take care of her and she couldn't wait for me to acquire more wealth before we settle down. I decided to take my time to look for someone else I can end up with in terms of marriage.

Yesterday been Sunday I was discussing with this pretty diva (my new girlfriend) I told her my intentions that I'm getting ready for our marriage maybe by on or before Xmas this year.

To my utmost surprise she told me that we should have our wedding in catholic church.. but I was born and brought up in Angelica church. She told me she can't marry me if I will not Wed her in catholic church. We start having a very big misunderstanding about that.i ask her the reason why it must be catholic church, she said her parents died when she was 5years old and her mothers family(grand parents) took her and her other siblings, and saw them through school. My girlfriend just started her PhD program recently cause she is through with her masters and she is just 24years old. She told me that her uncle that took care of her education till this stage whom is a catholic church Rev father warned her that if she gets married or plan getting married to anyone outside catholic. That he will cut all ties with her and she don't want to go against them.

I told her what if I agree to do the wedding in catholic church and after the wedding we go back to Anglican church. She said it not going to happen, that if she can't continue with going to catholic church, maybe we shouldn't marry at all.

She just told me on phone that it's better we end our relationship and move if I can't allow her to wed and be a catholic forever...

I asked what if my own parents object to her own opinion about wedding in catholic church since we are born Anglican, her answer is that my parents should understand that am doing it for love.

But she will never and nothing will ever make her compromise to her decision of marrying outside catholic church.. And that it's better for her to be single than to marry outside catholic.

Please what is it about catholic church.?
Are we not serving the same God?
Why is religion a problem to humanity?

Below is our chat attachment.

The reason Catholic parents discourage mixed marriage is because of issues like this. The marriages always comes with challenges and unless both couples are Willing to discuss about it, it will always be problematic. The issue that begins it usually is
1. Where should we marry?
2. Will you allow me attend and participate in my church after marriage?
3. Will you allow me train our kids according to what I believe?

And if you can't find good responses for these questions the marriage will have serious challenges.

Your girl friend has not explained this issue well to you.

I am a Catholic, I can't marry in a Church that isn't Catholic Church, If I do that, I will fundamentally undercut my spiritual life and throw myself into a spiritual pit and it will open my marriage to possible breakup.
That may sound like an exaggeration but a Catholic's understanding of marriage, family life, sacrament and church is fundamentally different from that of any Christian.
If you know your history you will know that the reason the Anglicans separated from the Catholic Church is because King Henry wanted to divorce his wife and the Church refused. Up till today the Catholic Church doesn't accept divorce, marriage is still a single life lasting union between man and woman. We can't divorce like the Anglicans, even if circumstances causes separation we can't remarry. No church share this theology on marriage. Marriage is ultimately a sacrament, sacraments are conferred in the church not out of it. It is a sacrament.

Put simply, if she marries in your church... That marriage is not recognized in her church, it is like she never married, she can't receive communion because anyone who is married in a place that allows divorce is not doing Christian marriage. She can't wed in a nonsacramental union. In fact if she weds in your church and you guys have problems she is free to remarry in the Catholic church because her non sacramental marriage is not recognized there.

Be careful because she is trying to safeguard your union, if she is truly a Catholic in right understanding, this matter is a serious one which is why her family will put full pressure on her not to marry in your church because that means she won't henceforth be admitted for communion.

2. If she is a serious Catholic, you will have to allow her attend her church, in fact if you do a mixed marriage in the Catholic Church you will sign a legally binding document that says you will allow her attend her church as she always has. The spiritual life of a Catholic is nourished and strengthen by the sacraments. You can't detached her from this. If you do, don't complain latter that the woman you married has changed. Your church can't provide her the sacraments she needs validly. A true catholic lady does not share the thought that says "a woman has no church ".

If you wish to continue as a Anglican do so but respect 3 things. Marry her in her church, allow her to continue to attend her church, respect her Catholic input in the spiritual upkeep of your kids.

If you don't get these 3 things ask for explanation, if you can't then you are in trouble because when you remove her from the spiritual surrounding she knows be ready to accept her when she changes to something you don't expect.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is It About Catholic Church.. by Ubenedictus(m): 11:16am On Jul 16, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Wed your girl in her church, most weddings are usually conducted in the bride's church. After wedding you can go back to your church, meaning she should become Anglican. Or better still, if she refuses to leave Catholic, then you let her be. You attend your church, she attends her own. I have seen it work. Some couples attend different churches and it works. It does not matter as long as it's same Christianity. If she possesses all the characteristics you want, why should church be an issue? This is the time both of you should make agreement on the church which your children will attend in church, to avoid future arguments.
exactly, this is the time to decide these things.

2 Likes

Re: What Is It About Catholic Church.. by Ubenedictus(m): 11:17am On Jul 16, 2019
Kelvinsaint:
Brother, thanks so much for you advise but I can't do that, if her family detect our wedding choice and of church. their can still make her go against my own wish in marriage maybe tomorrow she may prefer her Rev uncle words more than my.

And she want me now to be a catholic against my wish. Cause I love her
if you don't want to be Catholic no one will force you. But don't force her to become Anglican against her wish.

1 Like

Re: What Is It About Catholic Church.. by Ubenedictus(m): 11:18am On Jul 16, 2019
jcross19:
can you see what religion have done to us ! sometimes I wonder if we have different Jesus Christ maybe each denomination have their own Jesus ! true love I mean genuine love have no religion, race, tribe or limitation. some ladies remain stranded because of religion differences or denominations! catholic church have the highest spinsters in Nigeria! very bad fanaticism is not born of Christ.
each church believes differently about marriage, most of them allow divorce.
Re: What Is It About Catholic Church.. by Ubenedictus(m): 11:19am On Jul 16, 2019
Celestial777:

It is even in the cathechesim book and marriage study of Catholics...they are advised to marry Catholics and in the event of marrying non Catholic the person Wil have to switch over to Catholic.
Bro she is very right but your own case now get k leg because of the Rev Father involvement
Truly the Father will cut ties with her.
My mother younger broda is a Rev Father and ever since I join white garment church like ...he changed towards me....he said wby do I like mammy water church

If I call him right now after greetings he will ask me if I still attend mammy water church
He stop sending money and gives excuses
I love with it and we arw fine
Bro no spoil the girl life ....listen even if you deceive ursef bu marrying her in Catholic church and later change church
The church will grant her divorce
Do you also know that marrying in Catholic church needs no further court weeding
Yes the Nigeria govt Grant the church such right and marriage certificate issued in any Catholic church is acceptable world wide
Just go and buy rosary abeg...if you love the girl
If this one go again hmm na river we go wash your head las las if na my cele church
it is not a must the person switch over

1 Like

Re: What Is It About Catholic Church.. by Ubenedictus(m): 11:20am On Jul 16, 2019
ststyreal:
Hmmmm!!!! This is a sensitive topic I must say but coming from me who has tasted both churches ( born Anglican and presently married into the Catholic Church), huhhh!!! I must say, I would have loved to remain Anglican for life!!!! Our hymms are wonderful!!!!
It isn't easy coming into the Catholic Church as a convert, up till now, despite being married for a decade now, I still finds it difficult going for confessions, hence my abstinence from holy Communion despite being wedded in the Catholic Church. It isn't easy but love conquers all. Love pushed me to forfeit been wedded in my sweet Anglican, so love can still settle this issue. We are brothers in the faith, being that there are only few disparities in our mode of worship hence, my advice is that you guys shouldn't let religion create problems in your relationship. Marry her in Catholic, let her attend her catholic church even after marriage then watch how things flows. She might give in someday and join you in Anglican but if you can't stand it, then do what is best for you too.
One thing I love Catholic marriage for and which made me forfeit being wedded in my sweet Anglican is that "There is no room for Divorce" Na we die here together mata and that is my vision of a marriage. I hate divorce with passion. So think about it my friend and let God guide you. This is just my opinion though..
lol.
Go to confession, receive communion. It's all part of what is Catholic
Re: What Is It About Catholic Church.. by Ubenedictus(m): 11:23am On Jul 16, 2019
Offpoint:
Someone said "From the chat, I can see she truly loves you" what nonsense.. Even Our regular oloshos can beg us not to leave too (Op I'm not referring to your girlfriend, I'm talking to the commenter up there.)

Op, if you can't have a say and a stand now you can't have it in marriage either.
If her foster father says "Chi no sex on Sundays with your hubby", then there'll be no sex on Sundays for you bro... if you'll try to protest she'll still give you the same lines "Baby so you can't sacrifice Sunday sex for love?, you know what my father mean to me bla bla bla.. "

Be a man, take your stand. Don't be emotionally manipulated into doing things that will end up eating you up forever.

Wedding can be conducted anywhere, and after that you can choose to worship in Church of Satan and she Church of Sango.. no problem with that, saying you must be a Catholic shouldn't be tolerated or even considered.

... raising someone doesn't gives you control over their lives.
If the hands that fed me tries to poke me in the eye I'll gladly bite it off, make pepper soup out of it and wash it down with cold bottle of orijin with no remorse.

If you really want to help someone, there should be no condition attached to it.
marriages can't be celebrated everywhere.

Besides in the Catholic Church we don't just celebrate marriage, we celebrate the sacrament of Matrimony.

1 Like

Re: What Is It About Catholic Church.. by Ubenedictus(m): 11:23am On Jul 16, 2019
ladiesreject:
The only condition I can take from a woman I'm in a relationship with or planning marriage with is if she tells me no sex till marriage, and that's because it has to do with her body and she owns it. And my own condition to that is she must be a virgin and also faithful, which I must confirm.

I hate conditions, especially from a woman.

I will never succumb to such a condition.
Catholic church for that matter, that boring place! You'll be in church and it will feel as if you're mourning the dead. Catholics and Anglican even get any major difference sef?

OP, the way that girl will manipulate you in marriage ehn (that is if you marry her), you'll know that love alone is not enough.
Already, you're not compatible spiritually, which is very important.
Even if you marry her and you agree that everybody should attend his church, which one will your children attend?
Again, marriage is beyond love. While love is the key thing, it's not the ultimate.
So, because her uncle paid her fees, he owns her life and her decisions? Na wa.

Meanwhile......
Hope you're doing your PhD too? Because if you're not, I advice you to start, because a woman is a woman. By the time she becomes a Dr and you're not, that's when the marriage will start properly. She'll always remind you that she has every degree in the world. She won't do that verbally, she'll do that with her actions. And like they say, action speaks louder than words.

Finally.....
While I don't like Catholics, I like this their approach. If churches had been doing it, it would have reduced or even prevented all these new generation/end time churches everywhere. I would have mention such churches but their sheeples are here, they will explode with anger wherever they are.

Any church not older than my old man is a fake church.

Don't quote me
lol
You think this is manipulation?
Re: What Is It About Catholic Church.. by Ubenedictus(m): 11:25am On Jul 16, 2019
MasonKendall:
Let me give you an insight of the Roman Catholic church if you marry her.

Truth be told some Catholics are too sentimental. I hate them to a point that I abstain from going to that church. They have contradicted religion and Christianity that's why we have so many churches loitered around. The believe in stupid things and it really angers me especially purgatory. They tell you that eating bread and drinking wine at a Communion service is wrong because you bread alone is enough cos there's blood in the flesh. grin please don't marry her ooo except she changes her church.
you have started condemning what you don't understand.
Catholicism is still Christianity in its original form.
Re: What Is It About Catholic Church.. by Ubenedictus(m): 11:27am On Jul 16, 2019
jesmond3945:
please my brother I beg you in the name of God look for another woman. She is not even ready to stand by you or your decision as a man. She is telling you about her phd to hype her status and make you do everything to be with her. I am not saying she is wrong telling you but the unintentional purpose is to hype her status. She would never attend anglican and she would raise your kids in catholic. I dont have problem with that my own problem is how she reduced loving and be your wife to based on an imported institution handed to us by white people is very unsettling.
lol
Decision as a man ke? She will go to hell fire because of her husband abi? The submission we preach in marriage is a submission of Love and it is mutual not slavery.

1 Like

Re: What Is It About Catholic Church.. by Kelvinsaint(m): 11:43am On Jul 16, 2019
Ubenedictus:

The reason Catholic parents discourage mixed marriage is because of issues like this. The marriages always comes with challenges and unless both couples are Willing to discuss about it, it will always be problematic. The issue that begins it usually is
1. Where should we marry?
2. Will you allow me attend and participate in my church after marriage?
3. Will you allow me train our kids according to what I believe?

And if you can't find good responses for these questions the marriage will have serious challenges.

Your girl friend has not explained this issue well to you.

I am a Catholic, I can't marry in a Church that isn't Catholic Church, If I do that, I will fundamentally undercut my spiritual life and throw myself into a spiritual pit and it will open my marriage to possible breakup.
That may sound like an exaggeration but a Catholic's understanding of marriage, family life, sacrament and church is fundamentally different from that of any Christian.
If you know your history you will know that the reason the Anglicans separated from the Catholic Church is because King Henry wanted to divorce his wife and the Church refused. Up till today the Catholic Church doesn't accept divorce, marriage is still a single life lasting union between man and woman. We can't divorce like the Anglicans, even if circumstances causes separation we can't remarry. No church share this theology on marriage. Marriage is ultimately a sacrament, sacraments are conferred in the church not out of it. It is a sacrament.

Put simply, if she marries in your church... That marriage is not recognized in her church, it is like she never married, she can't receive communion because anyone who is married in a place that allows divorce is not doing Christian marriage. She can't wed in a nonsacramental union. In fact if she weds in your church and you guys have problems she is free to remarry in the Catholic church because her non sacramental marriage is not recognized there.

Be careful because she is trying to safeguard your union, if she is truly a Catholic in right understanding, this matter is a serious one which is why her family will put full pressure on her not to marry in your church because that means she won't henceforth be admitted for communion.

2. If she is a serious Catholic, you will have to allow her attend her church, in fact if you do a mixed marriage in the Catholic Church you will sign a legally binding document that says you will allow her attend her church as she always has. The spiritual life of a Catholic is nourished and strengthen by the sacraments. You can't detached her from this. If you do, don't complain latter that the woman you married has changed. Your church can't provide her the sacraments she needs validly. A true catholic lady does not share the thought that says "a woman has no church ".

If you wish to continue as a Anglican do so but respect 3 things. Marry her in her church, allow her to continue to attend her church, respect her Catholic input in the spiritual upkeep of your kids.

If you don't get these 3 things ask for explanation, if you can't then you are in trouble because when you remove her from the spiritual surrounding she knows be ready to accept her when she changes to something you don't expect.
those it mean catholic church is far more better than my own Anglican church.

The truth is that I can't allow my kids to be catholic,if she will be ready to be a catholic and die catholic

Then she will be ready to bear the hurt of me not allowing my kids to be catholic and it's going to be a big issue for us in the future

And I can't submit to her own wish against mine since she still stand in her decision to continue catholic after wedding her in her church, then hope she is ready to accept it when I won't allow our kids to be catholic
Re: What Is It About Catholic Church.. by Kelvinsaint(m): 11:47am On Jul 16, 2019
J111333:
Stand your ground and reject it. I did it once, and I don't regret it one bit. I once had a fiancee, already did knocking at the door as they called it but along the line this issue of wedding in catholic church started causing trouble.
Simply because their revered Father threatened the family with sanctions, her parents became shaky about the marriage that had been already planned. When I single handedly built a new home for them, the catholic church was no where close oo.
I paid them in their own coin though. By the time they got their senses back and stood firm against the priest, I had already canceled everything and moved on. They should enjoy the house after all I did it as charity without expecting anything in return.
brother the truth is that I don't like catholic doctrines and am not ready to be a catholic or allow my kids to catholic either, so my decision still stand and I can't change it today and feel hurt and bad tomorrow.
Re: What Is It About Catholic Church.. by Kelvinsaint(m): 11:52am On Jul 16, 2019
Ubenedictus:
if you don't want to be Catholic no one will force you. But don't force her to become Anglican against her wish.
then she should come and pay my bride price and marry me, if she will have her way.

I can't never be a catholic and my kids won't be either

If I finally have an agreement to marry her in catholic church then she have to sign for me to not bother our kids to be catholic. Only this can solve the matter, which I know she can accent to.
Re: What Is It About Catholic Church.. by Kelvinsaint(m): 11:56am On Jul 16, 2019
Maryjane001:

If you love her and you know this is the woman you want to spend the rest if your life with,marry her. You can continue your faith after being married. But she must also promise to attend your church often after marriage.
Good girls are scarce to find. Anglican vs Catholic union is more common because of their similar doctrines. But you also have to consider another thing.
Your children will be Catholics until they reach the age of 18 or so where they can decide if they want to change their faith or not?.
Are you ready for that? wink
I don't know but just follow your heart. You guys can reach a couple of agreements or something.
thanks dear but I can't agree to be catholic while since I was born my grandparents both are Anglican, and she want me to change my church... Capital N. O no and that final
Re: What Is It About Catholic Church.. by partnerbizz5(f): 12:15pm On Jul 16, 2019
Celestial777:

It is even in the cathechesim book and marriage study of Catholics...they are advised to marry Catholics and in the event of marrying non Catholic the person Wil have to switch over to Catholic.
Bro she is very right but your own case now get k leg because of the Rev Father involvement
Truly the Father will cut ties with her.
My mother younger broda is a Rev Father and ever since I join white garment church like ...he changed towards me....he said wby do I like mammy water church

If I call him right now after greetings he will ask me if I still attend mammy water church
He stop sending money and gives excuses
I love with it and we arw fine
Bro no spoil the girl life ....listen even if you deceive ursef bu marrying her in Catholic church and later change church
The church will grant her divorce
Do you also know that marrying in Catholic church needs no further court weeding
Yes the Nigeria govt Grant the church such right and marriage certificate issued in any Catholic church is acceptable world wide
Just go and buy rosary abeg...if you love the girl
If this one go again hmm na river we go wash your head las las if na my cele church

So much misinformation.

What do you know about the Marriage Act?

The church serve as agents of marriage, they have licence under the Marriage Act. So nothing like that they dont need further marriage.

The church cant divorce, divorce is done by only the HIGH court.
Re: What Is It About Catholic Church.. by boxer022(m): 12:17pm On Jul 16, 2019
My brother if I am to advice you, I will tell you to let her go. Since she wants you to sacrifice your happiness and up bringing so as to please her religion and family, it is better you move on to another girl who will understand that we are all Christians and pray to the same God. It also happened to me but what I did was to let her go.
Re: What Is It About Catholic Church.. by ststyreal(f): 12:44pm On Jul 16, 2019
Ubenedictus:
lol.
Go to confession, receive communion. It's all part of what is Catholic

Don't mind me jareeee...., I will try.
Re: What Is It About Catholic Church.. by aloeman15(m): 5:59pm On Jul 16, 2019
lol
na by force to win argument?
all of them r different from the Anglican church.
does that help?
wink
Apination:

Which of the Catholic churches? Roman Catholic, Easter orthodox, Anglo Catholics, Coptic Catholics etc are you referring to?

as I said b4-
broken heart beta pass broken home.
abeg leave d girl; part as friends.
end of.
Kelvinsaint:
thanks dear but I can't agree to be catholic while since I was born my grandparents both are Anglican, and she want me to change my church... Capital N. O no and that final
Re: What Is It About Catholic Church.. by Apination(m): 6:18pm On Jul 16, 2019
aloeman15:
lol
na by force to win argument?
all of them r different from the Anglican church.
does that help?
wink

as I said b4-
broken heart beta pass broken home.
abeg leave d girl; part as friends.
end of.
I hear you but your knowledge on that matter is limited undecided
Re: What Is It About Catholic Church.. by Ubenedictus(m): 7:33pm On Jul 16, 2019
Kelvinsaint:
then she should come and pay my bride price and marry me, if she will have her way.

I can't never be a catholic and my kids won't be either

If I finally have an agreement to marry her in catholic church then she have to sign for me to not bother our kids to be catholic. Only this can solve the matter, which I know she can accent to.
don't reason like this.

The idea of I paid pride price so I can stamp my will is not an ideal for Christian marriage, that is from your traditional upbringing.

If you are marrying a Catholic then start dropping that thought, she is your partner and companion not your servant, she has a right to her own input and is allowed to insist on points that are of great importance to her. In fact she possesses equal Christian dignity and you have spiritual leadership of love not imposition.

The kids part may be an issue but if you guys can surmount the first two issues then you can find a compromise for the last one.

Catholics usually raise kids Catholic and we do infant baptism.... That will be a issue for your marriage class
Re: What Is It About Catholic Church.. by Ubenedictus(m): 7:36pm On Jul 16, 2019
partnerbizz5:

So much misinformation.

What do you know about the Marriage Act?

The church serve as agents of marriage, they have licence under the Marriage Act. So nothing like that they dont need further marriage.

The church cant divorce, divorce is done by only the HIGH court.

the Catholic Church doesn't recognize divorce even if granted by the Supreme Court

1 Like

Re: What Is It About Catholic Church.. by Ubenedictus(m): 7:49pm On Jul 16, 2019
Kelvinsaint:
those it mean catholic church is far more better than my own Anglican church.

The truth is that I can't allow my kids to be catholic,if she will be ready to be a catholic and die catholic

Then she will be ready to bear the hurt of me not allowing my kids to be catholic and it's going to be a big issue for us in the future

And I can't submit to her own wish against mine since she still stand in her decision to continue catholic after wedding her in her church, then hope she is ready to accept it when I won't allow our kids to be catholic
do you know how the Anglicans left the Catholic Church? It was an issue of marriage and divorce that caused it.

I don't have the energy to tell you what church is better but I can challenge you to read up your bible and check if divorce is part of Christian marriage. If it isn't why does your church allow it?

Find a compromise for the last issue... That's all I'll say. Unless you don't love the lady, then let her go.
Marriage is not a show of power, it is a show of love and understanding, if you don't still get that fact then maybe you shouldn't be marrying a Catholic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is It About Catholic Church.. by Ubenedictus(m): 7:58pm On Jul 16, 2019
Apination:

Coptic Catholics and Roman Catholic and melkite Catholic and Assyrian Catholic etc, are all part of the same Catholic Church, we observe the same laws on marriage and we have full communion with Pope Francis. There are 23 Catholic self governing church that make us the Catholic Church which Pope Francis is leading and we all share the same view of sacrament like marriage.

Eastern Orthodox do not have full communion but they also follow the same rules as Catholics on marriage, an eastern orthodox christian will not marry in an Anglican church because marriage is a sacrament for them even though they accept divorce like Anglicans. In fact some Eastern Orthodox may not even recognize the Baptism of an Anglican. They can be extreme like that.
Re: What Is It About Catholic Church.. by makeherscream(m): 8:13pm On Jul 16, 2019
am not a Christian am not a Muslim as well but I think Christianity is a scam. because Christians don't believe each other they believe in different things like

we call our good Jehovah, Jesus was not born 25 of December, no hell fire

we don't allow ear rings its from the pit of hell ,don't wear trouser and makeup to Church is sin ,don't pray with candle its ungodly

Mary is the mother of heaven ,

Jesus was born on the 25 of December, hell fire is real, if you pay your offering and tithes you will be blessed but if you fail to pay you are doomed, payment before deliverance

Sunday is not the seventh day. God said we should keep the Sabbath day holy which is Saturday.
i can't even remember many.

on like Muslims that believe in their Allah all over the world go to any Arabian country they all worship Allah.

don't quote me wrong am not a Muslim this base on what I observed.

shikina.
Re: What Is It About Catholic Church.. by makeherscream(m): 8:22pm On Jul 16, 2019
I will advice you to look for another woman this are the types of women that will ignore your instructions to follow her pastors own. be warned.
Re: What Is It About Catholic Church.. by gassbee: 9:03pm On Jul 16, 2019
Very simple, u av 2 options
1. Marry her in her Catholic church n convert to a catholic.
2. If she is not willing to join you in your church after d wedding in her catholic, look for another woman to marry.
Re: What Is It About Catholic Church.. by partnerbizz5(f): 11:09pm On Jul 16, 2019
Ubenedictus:
the Catholic Church doesn't recognize divorce even if granted by the Supreme Court

One reason, I hate arguing here.

I am teaching you for free, what it took me over 5m to learn and you are arguing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Would You Do In This Situation? (EROTIC PHOTOS) PG 20+ / See The Picture I Posted On Christmas Today That Got Me In Trouble (pics). / Come And See Breast O Chaii This Lagos Lady Bad O

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.