Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,417 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises (20948 Views)

Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time / Odion Ighalo Apologises: 'I Take Responsibility For Super Eagles' Loss'' / Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by densiks: 10:04am On Jul 15, 2019
FJaythahomeboy:
The man of that match is IWOBI. Dude was everywhere.

Iwobi that was busy giving faulty passes and losing tackles?

3 Likes

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by Angelfrost(m): 10:05am On Jul 15, 2019
Well, if that is what you call "best", then you don't even deserve 3rd place tbh... Even Madagascar would have done far better...

Any way, no point reopening the fresh wound... But, this team/outing is the worst I have seen in over 2 decades of watching Afcon... Late. Keshi and Yekini would turn in their graves in disappointment. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by GenFunction: 10:06am On Jul 15, 2019
iCauseTrouble:
Dear Aliko Dangote,

Do not give super eagles the money you promised. Penalty and own goal were not included in the agreement.

Yours sincerely
Concerned Nairalander
....yes
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by Meskalito1(m): 10:07am On Jul 15, 2019
nikbaus:
You were the biggest flop yesterday, idiot
jst shot up.. Dude gave his best, u jst hate him.. Dats all

1 Like

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by drealinno: 10:07am On Jul 15, 2019
This big for nothing fool still get mouth to talk. Him and Musa where d worst yesterday.

4 Likes

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by Funmmyastic: 10:07am On Jul 15, 2019
You guys should prepare very well for your next match,that's all.You win or not the money is still rolling in.
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by hammedroyabat(m): 10:07am On Jul 15, 2019
FJaythahomeboy:

You must be an arsenal fan
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by SOFTENGR: 10:10am On Jul 15, 2019
Guy if only you understand that if I catch you, you go collect

1 Like

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by moonbender(m): 10:11am On Jul 15, 2019
Deopaja:
Sorry for yourself

I'd like to purchase the 7GB but how reliable is it? Hope its not the type that works for 2 days and stops?
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by Jackipapa: 10:11am On Jul 15, 2019
Obynopositive:
u guys tried but algerians were better, akpeyi should vacate the post with immediate alacrity...

with immediate effect and automatic alacrity!

2 Likes

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by BluntBoy(m): 10:12am On Jul 15, 2019
I think he is presently the highest goalscorer in this tournament. You tried. Perhaps, that was your own ambition.

However, I must lament our poor sporting culture. With so much emphasis placed on football, it is really painful to see that we are not dominating the game in Africa, at least. Look at South Africa, they have a strong Rugby and female netball team. The netball team is ranked 5th in the world. They also have a strong presence in cricket, long jump, and swimming. But Nigeria, football is our major sport and yet we can't even maintain consistency over at least 5 years. This is sad.

The sport ministry should invest in other sports, especially cricket which I played back in university. Then swimming, we have a lot of Ilaje and other Niger Deltans who practically live in water and can swim naturally well. Why are we not harnessing these potentials? Must every spare change go into football with no warming results to even show for it? What are we doing with foreign coaches for our male and female national teams? What have foreign coaches done for us? Aside Westahoff, we went to France 98, South Africa 2010, and Russia 2018 with foreign coaches but couldn't even reach a quarter finals all those times. Why are we wasting funds unnecessarily?

8 Likes

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by Awefemik(m): 10:13am On Jul 15, 2019
My own opinion the main problem is the jessey we where it we loose check every game including world cup
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by dominique(f): 10:14am On Jul 15, 2019
I'm glad the other team I'm supporting made it to the finals, I couldn't care less about super eagle's result last night. They've been below average for the better part of the tournament, honestly they don't deserve to be in the finals. All the best Senegal, this is your year

moonbender:

I'd like to purchase the 7GB but how reliable is it? Hope its not the type that works for 2 days and stops?

He's a Scam. You better flee from too good to be true deals before you become a victim of fraud

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by Isoduwa(m): 10:15am On Jul 15, 2019
saheedbadmus:
oga go and sit down somewhere ojere.. u 2 dey play big mans game jor..run u no go run well en...but who am i to blame u self..u don dey make huge money shey u go come kill ur self for 9ja ni...see me judging my self..

You fit run for 45 seconds?

1 Like

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by moonbender(m): 10:16am On Jul 15, 2019
dominique:

He's a Scam. You better flee from too good to be true deals before you become a victim of fraud

Really? I was wondering the juicy offer too.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by Bryan88(m): 10:18am On Jul 15, 2019
i will surprise her when i hav a beauty like this as my woman... until then? wil jst be with ur phone number...grin grin grin
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by Joystark(f): 10:19am On Jul 15, 2019
You guys made a lot of people sad last night.
We all needed this win angry

Well... I guess Multichoice will be happy now...
No more distraction from BBN.

Mtsheew.
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 15, 2019
Angelfrost:
Well, if that is what you call "best", then you don't even deserve 3rd place tbh... Even Madagascar would have done far better...

Any way, no point reopening the fresh wound... But, this team/outing is the worst I have seen in over 2 decades of watching Afcon... Late. Keshi and Yekini would turn in their graves in disappointment. undecided
I diagree, u cant tag them 'worst' there are yrs where they were eliminate at round16 even b4 round of 16. But algeria were just too good. They deserve the title.

1 Like

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by oneTIMEman(m): 10:19am On Jul 15, 2019
Obynopositive:
u guys tried but algerians were better, akpeyi should vacate the post with immediate alacrity...
that keeper is just a mistake

1 Like

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:20am On Jul 15, 2019
See this akpa-amu.. Go sidon jareh...
I no blame you... Na Rohr wey no get sense put u for starting eleven

3 Likes

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by format9798(m): 10:21am On Jul 15, 2019
We understand brother. The issue is beyond you. The moment I saw our team with the green jersey, i knew we had lost.

1 Like

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by Heineken(m): 10:24am On Jul 15, 2019
CapitanS:
I forgive you all except Akpeyi. I can't forgive that guy for the ten times he nearly gave me heart attack during the tournament
bro pls don't allow super eagles to give you heart attack. Always expect them not to win... They are not always doing good.

2 Likes

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by ceejay80s(m): 10:25am On Jul 15, 2019
I no sabi play ball o but u guys played rubbish.... Ighalo wey be otuu

1 Like

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by greenprince(m): 10:27am On Jul 15, 2019
Isoduwa:

You fit run for 45 seconds?

He probably doesn't train and get paid to run. He's not an athlete, unlike Ighalo that is paid to do this all his life.

If you meet me in the hospital and I give a wrong diagnosis will you pardon me and ask yourself if you can dispense drugs? No, you will call for my head immediately and not accept any excuses.

Use that same energy everywhere, on your politicians and athletes too. I won't watch NFF splash money on you and you come and play rubbish. Nobody cuts me a slack when I'm at work, so why make excuses for Ighalo?

Think!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by 1zynnvn(m): 10:27am On Jul 15, 2019
FJaythahomeboy:

abeg which wing that guy dey play, because he is everywhere

1 Like

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by Tchange1(m): 10:27am On Jul 15, 2019
bro4u:
Troost Ekong is very stingy, he can't dash person something without collecting it back, why did he have to collect back the goal he scored against South Africa

I will tell him
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by Treasure17(m): 10:30am On Jul 15, 2019
iCauseTrouble:
Dear Aliko Dangote,

Do not give super eagles the money you promised. Penalty and own goal were not included in the agreement.

Yours sincerely
Concerned Nairalander
I support this agitation hundred percent. They don't deserve the gesture.
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by Angelfrost(m): 10:30am On Jul 15, 2019
ikestephen:
I diagree, u cant tag them 'worst' there are yrs where they were eliminate at round16 even b4 round of 16. But algeria were just too good. They deserve the title.

Guy, it's not about getting to semifinals... It's been difficult to watch these guys play since the group stages... They were just lucky, and the luck finally ran out...

Even Ghana had a better tournament than we did in terms of game quality. Let's tell ourselves the truth, our boys did not gel at all.

Well, we all have our opinions...

4 Likes

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:32am On Jul 15, 2019
ok console us with the bronze by winning convincingly
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by rodshafas87(m): 10:32am On Jul 15, 2019
Which stupid apology, una tink say una go play nonsense & cum back 2 say we're sorry, apology not accepted we don loss, we don loss.
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by Isoduwa(m): 10:33am On Jul 15, 2019
greenprince:

He probably doesn't train and get paid to run. He's not an athlete, unlike Ighalo that is paid to do this all his life.

If you meet me in the hospital and I give a wrong diagnosis will you pardon me and ask yourself if you can dispense drugs? No, you will call for my head immediately and not accept any excuses.

Use that same energy everywhere, on your politicians and athletes too. I won't watch NFF splash money on you and you come and play rubbish. Nobody cuts me a slack when I'm at work, so why make excuses for Ighalo?

Think!

See this one dey use he strength dey write novel give person Wey Nor send Nigerian
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by AlcoholAlchohol: 10:33am On Jul 15, 2019
FJaythahomeboy:

Is it about being everywhere or playing in few places making intelligent and meaningful contribution. That iwobi dey run dey shake head like chicken.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Samuel Kalu To Captain Nigeria In AFCON U-23 / Oshoala Voted Nigeria’s Greatest Female Player Of All Time / "Lionel Messi Absense Is Good For Us" - Brazil Star Neymar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.