Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises (20947 Views)

Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time / Odion Ighalo Apologises: 'I Take Responsibility For Super Eagles' Loss'' / Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by Martin0(m): 12:32pm On Jul 15, 2019
gypsey:
who would want to play Well Or win Anything for Nigeria? Country were The players are not looked After or paid common Allowances.

Anyway, They lost, i won.. grin i am going now to cash my £1000 bet win on Algeria to win. grin

so you dey play Gamble, chai u like money too much oooo,grin
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by fecosequence(m): 12:38pm On Jul 15, 2019
ighalo played a good game with high work rate but he lacks a certain flair. and then the midfielders were very good defensively but not on the offensive part and didn't help him push a high line to give him support.
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by CORONATA(m): 12:40pm On Jul 15, 2019
Funny enough!
Two goals from us. But, one was not for us!

The algerian side was a stronger one![color=#770077][/color]
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by kernniejay(m): 12:47pm On Jul 15, 2019
You guys should be sorry for yourself, after all you were the ones that were promised money by Dangote, Otedola, Hosea, Sanwo Olu, not we.
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by kals4luv990(m): 1:01pm On Jul 15, 2019
peacengine:
Ighalo my man was strolling around the field
DNT MIND D IDIOT DAT WAS PLAYING AS THOUGH HE HAD BLOOD CONVENANT WIT ALGERIA angry
peacengine:
Ighalo my man was strolling around the field
DNT MIND D IDIOT DAT WAS PLAYING AS THOUGH HE HAD BLOOD CONVENANT WIT ALGERIA

1 Like

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by Angelfrost(m): 1:09pm On Jul 15, 2019
skallion7:
Senseless talk like this always vex me. Ghana were poor in this tournament

Dear Mr. Sense... At the end of the day, you merely stated your opinion, which I respect, and expect you to return the same courtesy... We all see things differently.
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by Angelfrost(m): 1:12pm On Jul 15, 2019
ikestephen:
I still do not accept it as the worst . Algeria was lucky too, they managed to survive a penalty that would have eliminated them to the semi's.

There is always gonna be the element of luck even with regards to the best like Barcelona, Man city or Liverpool... But, that doesn't negate the fact that we were played way off the field... Was it not the same Algeria we beat by 2 goals last time we met?.. They improved since then, while we declined.
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 15, 2019
Angelfrost:

There is always gonna be the element of luck even with regards to the best like Barcelona, Man city or Liverpool... But, that doesn't negate the fact that we were played way off the field... Was it not the same Algeria we beat by 2 goals last time we met?.. They improved since then, while we declined.
your point was straight truely we declined or maybe they just dont want 2 west african coun3s to take the 1st and 2nd place.
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by mechanics(m): 1:46pm On Jul 15, 2019
He should go and rest, if they like they should not win the match.
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by bluefilm: 2:09pm On Jul 15, 2019
Nonsense man!
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 15, 2019
Biafra lost to Algeria not Nigeria
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by istina: 4:34pm On Jul 15, 2019
Sorry?

No Ighalo u shouldn't be.

It's we Nigerians who should be .

After all, we knew ur best were never good enough yet; we allowed you guys to 'mis'represent us.
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by sunylatsega(m): 4:44pm On Jul 15, 2019
ProudlyAfarmer:
Weldon boys!

Are u saying if the Algeriains had worn the Nigeria's
Jersey.... they wuld have bn undefeated also
Nigeria lack quality players, game plan and tactics.... all . The team make football look so boring

The jersey was the problem..

My opinion though.
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by greenprince(m): 11:37am On Jul 16, 2019
SmartyPants:

Mr! First of all, playing for the National team is not a job. You can play anyhow you want and you owe nobody any excuses. If they don't like you they should drop you.

Secondly, it is a direct competition. As doctor when you see a patient is he or she deliberately trying outperform you? Under those circumstances, it is clear that an athlete cannot perform beyond his or her own talent level. What do you want him to do, become Ronaldo overnight?

Wow... so accurate for you not to describe it as a job, but whatever is worth doing is worth doing well, so he could complete his work of charity and not receive any payments as well. But if he will drag his ass from China, it will be best if he sucks it up and performs. It's not his fault, it's the coach that keeps calling him up. The guy playing in the local club in my city even plays better than Ighalo for me
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by greenprince(m): 11:42am On Jul 16, 2019
ehix89:
Do you rank among the 1000 best practitioner in your field? to me Ighalo has done decently for himself, from the streets of Lagos to the level he is now is quite an achievement, you guys never seize to have gotten over the Argentina incidence

I'm not undermining Ighalo's work ethic, all I see is that he doesn't put in enough work as those days in watford. He looks far from what he used to be and Naija could do with a shaper striker given a chance in that position.
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by SmartyPants(m): 11:43am On Jul 16, 2019
greenprince:

Wow... so accurate for you not to describe it as a job, but whatever is worth doing is worth doing well, so he could complete his work of charity and not receive any payments as well. But if he will drag his ass from China, it will be best if he sucks it up and performs. It's not his fault, it's the coach that keeps calling him up. The guy playing in the local club in my city even plays better than Ighalo for me

Odion Ighalo was plucked from the streets of Lagos at an early age, played all over Europe including the Premier League and banged in goals before moving to China where he plays for one of the better teams. There is a reason your local club man is still at your local club while Ighalo has spent his entire career (right from under 20 level where he was captain) till date, playing top level football.

So is it that the coaches who have selected him don't know what they're doing, or you don't know that much about football?
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by greenprince(m): 12:10pm On Jul 16, 2019
SmartyPants:

Odion Ighalo was plucked from the streets of Lagos at an early age, played all over Europe including the Premier League and banged in goals before moving to China where he plays for one of the better teams. There is a reason your local club man is still at your local club while Ighalo has spent his entire career (right from under 20 level where he was captain) till date, playing top level football.

So is it that the coaches who have selected him don't know what they're doing, or you don't know that much about football?

It's unfortunate that you refuse to recognise that success is a result of both hard work and preparation. Ighalo was banging goals in Europe while Gabriel Jesus was probably doing menial jobs in Brazil's slums, does that make Ighalo better than him?

Opportunity is the reason some dudes abroad are living large and feeling themselves but whenever a hungry dude sneaks out of Nigeria and meets an enabling environment, they thrive and stand out excellently. Oduduru should ring a bell
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by SmartyPants(m): 12:59pm On Jul 16, 2019
greenprince:

It's unfortunate that you refuse to recognise that success is a result of both hard work and preparation. Ighalo was banging goals in Europe while Gabriel Jesus was probably doing menial jobs in Brazil's slums, does that make Ighalo better than him?

Opportunity is the reason some dudes abroad are living large and feeling themselves but whenever a hungry dude sneaks out of Nigeria and meets an enabling environment, they thrive and stand out excellently. Oduduru should ring a bell

You are just going round in circles. Oduduru was awarded a sports scholarship because of his exceptional athletic ability and then you started hearing more of him. He traveled because of his talent in the first place.

And Gabriel Jesus was a pro footballer from the age of 15. If you are good at what you do, the world will take notice, especially in professional football where are an abundance of scouts and agents, and you are talking about a player who is already in the professional set up!
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Odion Ighalo Apologises by Alejobs: 5:53pm On Jul 22, 2019
Nigeria need more of the good people to stand up and be counted!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Samuel Kalu To Captain Nigeria In AFCON U-23 / Oshoala Voted Nigeria’s Greatest Female Player Of All Time / "Lionel Messi Absense Is Good For Us" - Brazil Star Neymar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.