Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,722 members, 7,805,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:19 AM

Hire Purchase (Or Instalmental Payment) For Cars - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Hire Purchase (Or Instalmental Payment) For Cars (22927 Views)

Why Not Trade Your Car On Lease, Hire Purchase Or Installment / Hire Purchase (or Instalmental Payment) For Cars. / Commercial Vehicle Instalmental Payment Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hire Purchase (Or Instalmental Payment) For Cars by excel12(m): 9:22am On May 11, 2007
Does anybody know any dealer in that allows you to pay installmentally for a car and their terms?
Re: Hire Purchase (Or Instalmental Payment) For Cars by idygee: 11:55am On May 11, 2007
Hi Excel,
I am hoping someone comes up with an answer to this cos i know many people will really benefit from this.
Guys over to u.This forum has never let me down
Re: Hire Purchase (Or Instalmental Payment) For Cars by SeyiJay(m): 3:06pm On May 11, 2007
Well, a good number of our banks are running various schemes in conjunction with some auto dealers for individuals to purchase / acquire their dream cars [/ or other desired personal assets] where you spread payments over specific period of time. But the snag is you must be an employee of a reputable organisation. Notable banks include UBA, Intercontinental Bank, Oceanic Bank, etc.
So scout around for some more info. Good luck. Ta.
Re: Hire Purchase (Or Instalmental Payment) For Cars by excel12(m): 6:51pm On May 11, 2007
I know about those banks,But their conditions and procedures are cumbersome.I'll like to deal directly with a dealer.
Re: Hire Purchase (Or Instalmental Payment) For Cars by seun001(m): 7:32pm On May 11, 2007
yes of course, you can go to the dealers directly but still you will have to involve the banks cos that where the monies will be deducted.your account history with the bank will also come in handy.and you can also negotiate your terms with the dealers.think they try to accomodate depending on your credit worthiness.cheers
Re: Hire Purchase (Or Instalmental Payment) For Cars by con9ja: 8:21pm On May 11, 2007
@ excel i saw in one of the dalies yesterday, ithink it as punch or guardian some kia vehicles for sale and the payment is installmental, there was also anoda dealer selling some hyundai try and get yesterday paper and the prices looked quite reasonable,
Re: Hire Purchase (Or Instalmental Payment) For Cars by cgift(m): 8:37pm On May 11, 2007
I think @the MS - excel is trying to avoid interest. If that is so it may be hard to find such thing o!
Re: Hire Purchase (Or Instalmental Payment) For Cars by la1(m): 12:02am On May 12, 2007
Lord knows we'all need a break, its easier to pay4 some stuff if its in instalments,my bank fed me a load of bull when i tried to get them to back me up
cos i dont work for globacom or one of the nigerian fortune five companies(am self employed),inspite of the fact that my annual turnover could support the facility,said twas 2 risky(dats according to my account officer), its ecobank by the way,.
Re: Hire Purchase (Or Instalmental Payment) For Cars by otokx(m): 6:19am On May 12, 2007
I saw an advert for such by auto alliance which sells Nissan products but am not too down with it. All this banks are just cheating us, forget all those con men called accounts officers. I hate them with a passion cause they just love lying only to increase their cash balance.
Re: Hire Purchase (Or Instalmental Payment) For Cars by sartorius(m): 8:03am On May 12, 2007
yeah, i saw the alliance motots advert too, they deal with nissan cars, 20% down payment, spread instalmentally for abt 2 years i.e abt 60k per month for a nissan tiida

1 Like

Re: Hire Purchase (Or Instalmental Payment) For Cars by seunspice(m): 4:00pm On May 12, 2007
There are finance houses/groups who have such facilities and they charge about 18 - 20% interest over time. When i was about furnishing my house last year, a friend introduced me to one (First Data Securities ltd), although i was sceptical at first, but they came through, i got everything within 24 hours and all i did was issue post dated cheques and make a down payment for my first payment (although you have to do the formalities, forms and all that). I am consulting them again already cause i am thinking of changing my car.
They are at the medium estate Ogba. and you can contact them on 01 - 7755098, they have an arrangement with First bank, UBA and intercontinental Bank ( from what i found out while investigating) you can never be sure these days, can you? you would be required to make a deposit of your first month payment though and you can get your car within 24 hours, provided you have a dealer who is ready to sell to you.
I wish you the best as you look for the best deal
cheers

1 Like

Re: Hire Purchase (Or Instalmental Payment) For Cars by samsilo(m): 6:48pm On May 12, 2007
It is quite difficult to get credit as a private individual (loans ,hire purchase etc). Don't blame the banks, they have a duty to protect their money which is depositors and shareholder funds.
The real problem is lack of an identity database in Nigeria.I could easily become Emeka ,Suleman or Ayo if I want to.Until there is a national identity scheme,social security no. or something of the sort ,lenders will only lend to individuals who work in places where they believe they borrowers would not run away. sad
@ Poster I feel you, it is often easier to pay for expensive things like houses and cars in instalments,thats the norm in most developed countries.
Re: Hire Purchase (Or Instalmental Payment) For Cars by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 12, 2007
Oceanic bank will help u pay for the car, u'll only need to commit 30% of the cost of the ride as down payment. The balance will be spread over 3years. Interest rate is at current rate. Your credit history has to be sound.
Hope this helps.
Re: Hire Purchase (Or Instalmental Payment) For Cars by Ronke2811(f): 10:27am On May 14, 2007
@ author
i work in a leasing firm, and we do lease out equipment (including vehicles daily)
my requirement:
6 months statement of account/ 6 months pay slip
a passport photograph
proforma invoice
copy of identification.

basically for brand new cars the installmental period is 36 months
while for fairly used is 18 months.
turn around time: 48 hours

for more clarification
u can reach me on
kiddiespolf@yahoo.com/ rolusegun@resourceintermediaries.biz/ 08035435798
Re: Hire Purchase (Or Instalmental Payment) For Cars by Nobody: 11:00am On May 14, 2007
. undecided undecided undecided
nigerians!
why do you want to pick up the dangerous american habit of instant gratification?
its loans/ leasing / hire purchase (for liabilities) that messes up people finacially.
have you considered what would happen if (God forbid) you were laid off?
remember, we don't have bankruptcy laws in Naija.
Re: Hire Purchase (Or Instalmental Payment) For Cars by mellow(m): 4:03pm On May 20, 2007
Chevrolet is doing it. That's where I bought mine from. But it must be

in conjunction with a reputable bank and you must work in a reputable

organization. And you must pay atleast a quater of the cost price of the car
Re: Hire Purchase (Or Instalmental Payment) For Cars by tEsLim(m): 6:53am On May 21, 2007
@Ronke
With Ronke's company you'll be paying too much back. Their rate is 25%, plus 5% comprehensive insurance and 40k for the car registration. Which make wanna pay them 280k back if I borrowed 150k.

As i'Ve commited like 80% payment towards the vehicle already. I think its too much
Re: Hire Purchase (Or Instalmental Payment) For Cars by Ronke2811(f): 4:58pm On Jun 12, 2007
@ TESLIM
Thanks so much abt the information,
i dont work in the bank, so u dont expect me to charge as them, i get money at 22.5% interest rate per annum and i charge my client 25%. i use short term loan in servicing long term transactions.
even if u go to the bank, u still have to pay for your insurance (5% as well) you register yourself and u have to make a down payment of either 10% or 30% equity contribution.
u were looking at 150k, and u said u  wuld have paid back 280k at the end of the tenor. maybe i need to remind you that the insurance and registration have been embedded into the monthly rentals.
so if u say am expensive, i dont have any explanation for that.
Re: Hire Purchase (Or Instalmental Payment) For Cars by Femlax(m): 12:12pm On Jun 12, 2008
@ Ronke
I want to know how much will I be paying for buying a used car of 750k and i want to make initial deposit of 300k and payment period.
Re: Hire Purchase (Or Instalmental Payment) For Cars by Femlax(m): 12:34pm On Jun 12, 2008
I want to know how much will I be paying for buying a used car of 750k and i want to make initial deposit of 300k and payment period.

1 Like

Re: Hire Purchase (Or Instalmental Payment) For Cars by smithy77: 7:16am On Dec 27, 2012
Hi, what if someone is just coming back from abroad and wants to get them one of those cars on higher purchase, say from a car mart? can the Banks also finance such?
Re: Hire Purchase (Or Instalmental Payment) For Cars by taiyesco: 6:32pm On Sep 11, 2014
sartorius: yeah, i saw the alliance motots advert too, they deal with nissan cars, 20% down payment, spread instalmentally for abt 2 years i.e abt 60k per month for a nissan tiida
I would be glad to have the address of this alliance motors can you help me? My e-mail: adewunmitaiyese@gmail.com thanks
Re: Hire Purchase (Or Instalmental Payment) For Cars by MrOrioye(m): 3:20pm On Jan 08, 2015
Any update on the subject matter? Anyone?
Re: Hire Purchase (Or Instalmental Payment) For Cars by gecon: 5:47pm On Jul 15, 2015
Here we lease any car of your choice in any location within Nigeria
for more details visit out sit @ www.geconnig.com or call us with [color=#990000][/color]
+{234(0)806-908-4338} +{234(0)803-307-5773} +{234(0)813-096-0019

Re: Hire Purchase (Or Instalmental Payment) For Cars by trenlo: 1:14pm On Oct 31, 2015
gecon:
for more details visit out sit @ www.geconnig.com or call us with [color=#990000][/color]
I am a big time transporter,my present car is outdated
Re: Hire Purchase (Or Instalmental Payment) For Cars by trenlo: 1:15pm On Oct 31, 2015
trenlo:
I am a big time transporter,my present car is outdated
I need a car on instalment
Re: Hire Purchase (Or Instalmental Payment) For Cars by trenlo: 1:28pm On Oct 31, 2015
gecon:
pls I need tiny light (Camry)on instalmental basis
Re: Hire Purchase (Or Instalmental Payment) For Cars by wummyo: 12:03pm On Apr 07, 2016
Pls I need a Benz truck that can carry up to 500 bags of pure water. I want to finance it and pay on a weekly or monthly basis over a stipulated period. Can I get this installments payment for this truck
Re: Hire Purchase (Or Instalmental Payment) For Cars by Iyoma2(f): 6:04am On Sep 08, 2016
idygee:
Hi Excel,
I am hoping someone comes up with an answer to this cos i know many people will really benefit from this.
Guys over to u.This forum has never let me down
phone numbers?
Re: Hire Purchase (Or Instalmental Payment) For Cars by directimport: 6:09am On Sep 08, 2016
visit here online,da bomb http://www.udoski.com; call 08039400061
Re: Hire Purchase (Or Instalmental Payment) For Cars by Siwils: 11:50pm On Aug 11, 2019
There is Toyota Camry and Honda Accord for HP . You can call or whatsap this number 08163960620.
Re: Hire Purchase (Or Instalmental Payment) For Cars by Sunyekas(m): 4:23pm On Sep 29, 2020
Hi My Name is Sunny, I am from, Akwa Ibom, pls am looking for an investor to invest on an hired purchase car deal with me, to be specific, am looking at Lexus GX470, 2008- 2010 model, black and very neat, the vehicle is going to be use for transportation, Airport, Vip Movement, Etc(Transportation). 2yrs and 4months duration pls, monthly payment to ur acct, pls am not here to swt talk and declare a yr deal and end up not fulfilling, am straight and sincere on my task, pls if interested contact me at 09046001627 or Email me at lilronail@gmail.com. Thank you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fix Your Car Keys And Remote / BRAND NEW ALL NEW 2013 TOYOTA VENZA LIMITED ( Pre Ordered from Inspired Autos ) / A Nigerian Used Toyota Camry For Sale....(big Daddy)...550K

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.