Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,084 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) (25405 Views)

Biden Salutes US Workers Making Anti Tank Missiles Being Sent To Ukraine / Thousands of Afghans flee hundreds of miles across desert to escape Taliban(Pix) / Hundreds Of Thousands Flee US Coast Ahead Of Hurricane Laura (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) by bendike: 6:17pm On Jul 15, 2019
deleyi20:
President Obasanjo has written Buhari another letter about the persistent insecurity in Nigeria.

I am yet to meet a man that is half as passionate about the country Nigeria

God bless you Baba
Re: Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) by TemmyT002(m): 6:19pm On Jul 15, 2019
Kikikiki
Do me I do you.
Re: Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) by bendike: 6:20pm On Jul 15, 2019
oboo:
i work for a chines company here in Nigeria, those guys like exploitation a lot, will sack u within the blink of an eye and look for every possible means to deduct ur salary even though they are not paying well
The average nigerians attitude to work is poor. Sorry to say.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) by Gracejeri(f): 6:21pm On Jul 15, 2019
Lay them off and accept me
Re: Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) by bendike: 6:30pm On Jul 15, 2019
ultimatekint:
I hope all this problem btw USA AND HUAWEI will not be a problem for me, because I have just bought HUAWEI that worth #69, 000,Y9?
Some one should please advise me .
Y9 is the highest bro.
But mine 76900 when it just came out wanna upgrade to y9 prime sef.
Bros enjoy your phone as you are in safe hands.
No shaking grin
Re: Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) by budaatum: 6:32pm On Jul 15, 2019
urahara:

The U.s grows at that rate because it is a developed country , you can't compare it with china ,when you are playing catch-up you have faster economic growth rates. Developed countries hardly have more than 4 percent growth rate.
No argument there. Still good that China, considering its size, it still one of the more developing nations.

Imagine a 6.3% growth in electric power over 30 years to understand what I mean here. China was opening a power plant a week to achieve it.

You can see below what such growth looks like. If Nigeria achieved such growth under any of our Presidents and if it weren't to do with high crude oil prices alone, we will likely turn that President into our god or life President, at the very least.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) by bionixs: 6:40pm On Jul 15, 2019
Blackfire:
Don't mess with the chines .....

with America rather
Re: Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) by MobilityExpress: 6:44pm On Jul 15, 2019
maasoap:

Huawei is more than just phones, how many times are we going to educate you guys on this?

No, educate yourself that Huawei came in late to the party of smart phones. They should stick to computer servers and fiber optics, and spying for the Chinese government grin
Re: Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) by budaatum: 7:16pm On Jul 15, 2019
MobilityExpress:

No, educate yourself that Huawei came in late to the party of smart phones. They should stick to computer servers and fiber optics, and spying for the Chinese government grin
Like Apple stuck to computers, right? angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) by Idaytesj29(m): 7:55pm On Jul 15, 2019
rentAcock:
They were only there to steal intellectual properties and trade secrets from Amercian companies. Don't let anyone fool you. All the major technological innovations have been from the U.S for a reason. Facebook(Instagram, Whatsapp, Messenger) Google (YouTube, Map, Cloud) Microsoft, Twitter, Snapchat, Salesforce, Amazon, etc, the list goes on and on. Now the Chinese are making progress, they also have Tencent, Baidu and WeChat but the only reason why those tech companies are successful is because they are backed and highly favoured by the Chinese government. I was lucky to travel to Beijing once and I couldn't use Google, gmail, google map or any Google products and that's because Google had to pull out of China because of the numerous restrictions.

The Chinese do not play fair and have never played fair. It is very difficult to compete in China and even If they give you a chance, they add very high tariffs to make your products more expensive than the their own companies.

Another reason why china will continue to lag America in tech has to do with their cultural upbringing. American kids are raised to be outspoken and question authority including their parents and teachers. They are opinionated and allowed to express thoughts. Unlike Chinese children who are brood to respect elders and never speak against elders. This fundamental difference is the reason why Americans are creative and risk takers. China is very good at imitating and copying, that's why most of their advancement has been off stolen intellectual property, reverse engineering and patent infringement.

China will always lag behind America in technological prowess.

I just wish, Nigeria to be China right now. I won't even complain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) by grandstar(m): 8:11pm On Jul 15, 2019
budaatum:

No argument there. Still good that China, considering its size, it still one of the more developing nations.

Imagine a 6.3% growth in electric power over 30 years to understand what I mean here. China was opening a power plant a week to achieve it.

You can see below what such growth looks like. If Nigeria achieved such growth under any of our Presidents and if it weren't to do with high crude oil prices alone, we will likely turn that President into our god or life President, at the very least.

Chinese economic growth I must admit was very inspiring. It waa growing on average by 9% over a 40year period. I doff my hat to them. They were adding 30,000 megawatts of power yearly, 90% of them coal plants.

However, Chinese growth isn't as great as it looks.

It's over reliance on manufacturing and use of State Owned Enterprises led to overcapacity in many sectors in manufacturing

It's mercantile and protectionist policies and coupled with an over reliance on exports and it's export of deflatiob, especially to the USA helped trigger the Great Recession that started in 2008.

The country presently is saddled with massive amounts of debt and I fear if it busts, it would take the world down with it.

The root of Chinas problem is that it has been led since the start of communist by engineers. The present head , Xi Jinping is a chemical engineer.

This has led to China's over reliance on manufacturing and seeking engineering solutions to problems which most times can be solved with sound economics.

For instance, if a city is suffering from a shortage if water, the city will prefer to pump water from very distant aquifers at very high cost, rather than charge the inhabitants the true cost of the water they are using. If done, water guzzling factories such as jeans manufacturing will pack up and leave town and head to areas where water is much plenty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) by budaatum: 8:16pm On Jul 15, 2019
grandstar:

Chinese economic growth I must admit was very inspiring. It waa growing on average by 9% over a 40year period. I doff my hat to them. They were adding 30,000 megawatts of power yearly, 90% of them coal plants.

However, Chinese growth isn't as great as it looks.

It's over reliance on manufacturing and use of State Owned Enterprises led to overcapacity in many sectors in manufacturing

It's mercantile and protectionist policies and coupled with an over reliance on exports and it's export of deflatiob, especially to the USA helped trigger the Great Recession that started in 2008.

The country presently is saddled with massive amounts of debt and I fear if it busts, it would take the world down with it.

The root of Chinas problem is that it has been led since the start of communist by engineers. The present head , Xi Jinping is a chemical engineer.

This has led to China's over reliance on manufacturing and seeking engineering solutions to problems which most times can be solved with sound economics.

For instance, if a city is suffering from a shortage if water, the city will prefer to pump water from very distant aquifers at very high cost, rather than charge the inhabitants the true cost of the water they are using. If done, water guzzling factories such as jeans manufacturing will pack up and leave town and head to areas where water is much plenty.
It is my opinion that if Nigeria did half of what you accuse China of doing above, Nigeria will seem like paradise! Just imagine how proud we would be if all the Made in China were Made in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) by budaatum: 8:16pm On Jul 15, 2019
Idaytesj29:

I just wish, Nigeria to be China right now. I won't even complain
2 like for you!
Re: Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) by grandstar(m): 8:33pm On Jul 15, 2019
budaatum:

It is my opinion that if Nigeria did half of what you accuse China of doing above, Nigeria will seem like paradise! Just imagine how proud we would be if all the Made in China were Made in Nigeria.

Nigeria can actually do much better than China but the government must allow the best of economists do their job and not second guess them like Buhari is wont to do.

As someone said, if Buhari treated the economy the way he attended to his health, the economy will be humming. He goes overseas for the best treatment available and not dictating to his doctors what to do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) by budaatum: 8:39pm On Jul 15, 2019
grandstar:

Nigeria can actually do much better than China but the government must allow the best of economists do their job and not second guess them like Buhari is wont to do.

As someone said, if Buhari treated the economy the way he attended to his health, the economy will be humming. He goes overseas for the best treatment available and not dictating to his doctors what to do.
So you separate China from its government? I don't! We Nigerians govern Nigeria and it is the way that we have governed it to be. Ordinary Nairaland we can't govern and I don't see any Buhari here.
Re: Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) by Timi1990(m): 8:40pm On Jul 15, 2019
budaatum:

I swear if Nigeria can achieve 10% of what China has achieved, we’ll be the proudest black Nation. In fact, our shakara go pass America and U.K. govt own grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) by Damod88: 9:00pm On Jul 15, 2019
urahara:

The U.s grows at that rate because it is a developed country , you can't compare it with china ,when you are playing catch-up you have faster economic growth rates. Developed countries hardly have more than 4 percent growth r
ate.

China growth rate is slowing because it is gradually becoming a developed country. When China was really doing the catch up, it grew 12 per cent annually which neither the USA nor any western European countries could do when they were developing countries. In 1978 the GDP of China was a mere 223 million dollars,forty years later in 2017 China GDP became the world second largest at 14 trillion dollars, seven times bigger than Africa's GDP. This is a spectacular achievement for China and the rest of the world. All we need do in Africa is to learn from China's economic miracle so that we too can move our people out poverty.

1 Like

Re: Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) by Yyeske(m): 9:02pm On Jul 15, 2019
Good economic analysis here, I'm really enjoying the discourse and please keep them coming. This is the type of educational threads we are supposed to have on nairaland

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) by urahara(m): 9:24pm On Jul 15, 2019
Damod88:

China growth rate is slowing because it is gradually becoming a developed country. When China was really doing the catch up, it grew 12 per cent annually which neither the USA nor any western European countries could do when they were developing countries. In 1978 the GDP of China was a mere 223 million dollars,forty years later in 2017 China GDP became the world second largest at 14 trillion dollars, seven times bigger than Africa's GDP. This is a spectacular achievement for China and the rest of the world. All we need do in Africa is to learn from China's economic miracle so that we too can move our people out poverty.

What you should know is that china achieved such growth rates because of foreign capital .Foreign capital
in such large amounts thatt the u.s and Western European countries never had access to.
Re: Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) by Damod88: 9:29pm On Jul 15, 2019
grandstar:

U must be a joker to have said Nigeria can do much better than China. How on earth do you compare a country of more than 5 thousands years of history with a country that only began to record its history with the coming of the Europeans?China is one of the world's greatest civilizations with notable inventions like printing, paper, fireworks, compass, gunpowder and porcelain.Civil service and imperial examinations into it were first introduced in China in about 1500 years ago before it was copied by the Europeans even almost a thousand years after its introduction in China. Please try read more about China before coming online to say anything. There is absolutely no way Nigeria can do much better than China that was unified more than 2000 years ago.
Re: Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) by Damod88: 9:46pm On Jul 15, 2019
urahara:

What you should know is that china achieved such growth rates because of foreign capital .Foreign capital
in such large amounts thatt the u.s and Western European countries never had access to.

U should also know that the Western world had the advantages of colonizing much of the world, using in the process the raw materials found in those countries for their development. U should remember that slave labor became the foundation of American economy that little credit is given in the evolution of American industrial development. Western imperialism subjugated colonial economies to the exclusive benefits of the colonial powers .All these, in addition to settling millions of Europeans in New world, provided the early impetus for massive capital accumulation that could be described, in modern language, as foreign capital investments for Europe. For more understanding of this read Walter Rodney and Andre Gunder Frank books.

1 Like

Re: Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) by Basher8583: 9:59pm On Jul 15, 2019
deleyi20:
President Obasanjo has written Buhari another letter about the persistent insecurity in Nigeria.

God bless you Baba

Mumu. So writing letter is being passionate.
If Obasanjo was that passionate why didn't he fix the countries problem when he had over 8 years to rule this country (Note that he also ruled by proxy even after his 8 years tenor)
Again why are you guys configured to always fail.
Even to choose wining team e no dey your blood. Na to dey follow losers about.
I'm still processing how losers give you guys (Igbos that is) orgasm.

It beats my imagination.

It's only you guy that will line up behind and praise the following
Fraudsters
Kidnappers
Cluelessness
Public office thief

All Na you. Haba wetin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) by MiddleDimension: 10:05pm On Jul 15, 2019
rentAcock:
They were only there to steal intellectual properties and trade secrets from Amercian companies. Don't let anyone fool you. All the major technological innovations have been from the U.S for a reason. Facebook(Instagram, Whatsapp, Messenger) Google (YouTube, Map, Cloud) Microsoft, Twitter, Snapchat, Salesforce, Amazon, etc, the list goes on and on. Now the Chinese are making progress, they also have Tencent, Baidu and WeChat but the only reason why those tech companies are successful is because they are backed and highly favoured by the Chinese government. I was lucky to travel to Beijing once and I couldn't use Google, gmail, google map or any Google products and that's because Google had to pull out of China because of the numerous restrictions.

The Chinese do not play fair and have never played fair. It is very difficult to compete in China and even If they give you a chance, they add very high tariffs to make your products more expensive than the their own companies.

Another reason why china will continue to lag America in tech has to do with their cultural upbringing. American kids are raised to be outspoken and question authority including their parents and teachers. They are opinionated and allowed to express thoughts. Unlike Chinese children who are brood to respect elders and never speak against elders. This fundamental difference is the reason why Americans are creative and risk takers. China is very good at imitating and copying, that's why most of their advancement has been off stolen intellectual property, reverse engineering and patent infringement.

China will always lag behind America in technological prowess.

only people in the know will say what you have said. keep it up!
Re: Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) by budaatum: 10:12pm On Jul 15, 2019
urahara:

Where did China's foreign capital come from?

Why did foreigners decide to put their capital in China?
Re: Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) by budaatum: 10:14pm On Jul 15, 2019
Damod88:

U must be a joker to have said Nigeria can do much better than China. How on earth do you compare a country of more than 5 thousands years of history with a country that only began to record its history with the coming of the Europeans?
Hey! America, baby America has done pretty well, so why can't we?
Re: Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) by Sniper101(m): 10:42pm On Jul 15, 2019
Unik3030:
the same baba that stole 16bn meant for electricity bill right? u are a bleeping hypocrite

Brother, DO NOT believe everything you see and read about on social media platforms. Ok?

#16,000,000,000 is not #16,000,000
...else I would have to ask you...

Where is the #16,000,000,000 you think he stole?
You think it's hidden somewhere in his Ota farm?

#16,000,000,000 couldn't have been hidden in any Apartment for this long nor could it have been hidden in any Bank account in this country or Abroad, mind you.
Re: Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 15, 2019
deleyi20:

God bless you Baba

He is only passionate about his deflated ego. He had the best opportunity to set this country on the right path but he was too engulfed in his fantasy of becoming a life president.

1 Like

Re: Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) by budaatum: 10:59pm On Jul 15, 2019
As trade tensions between the United States and China continue to loom and the U.S. threatens 25% tariffs on $250 billion of Chinese imports as well as tariffs on imports from other countries like Vietnam and India, retailers will eventually show signs of weakness especially as they begin to report second-quarter earnings.
Re: Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) by Amujale(m): 11:14pm On Jul 15, 2019
Damod88:
How on earth do you compare a country of more than 5 thousands years of history with a country that only began to record its history with the coming of the Europeans?

Because one does not recognise the presence of something does not negate the fact of its existence.

Lets assume the N100 note i am up right now is covered by a smokescreen does not mean that the note isnt there.

Once i can get rid of the smokescreen then the image of what is held will become readily visible.

What am i getting at?

The various communities of the today Nigeria have been in existence hundred of thousands of years before anyone ever began to reside in the place we now call China.

A better way of putting it is that Nigeria's true history predates Chineese history.

Because of the great carpet destruction of evidence in major African cities & libraries, we use to have to believe the false and spiteful Europeanized version of history.

However, thanks to the enthusiasm of modern African historians, academics and scholars, plus other pro African writers from around the world, the true extent and significance of African history is now revealed to us as being one that stretches throughout the Ages

African history is the oldest, lengthiest and most significant in the world.
Re: Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) by Curry30: 12:04am On Jul 16, 2019
guru03:
The Common man suffers at this end of the trade war, Trump should learn from this.

Bro you don't know how massively China has ripped off USA. It is worth over $2trillion and increasing by $580b yearly.

This fight will continue. China own don too much
Re: Huawei In Preparation To Lay Off Hundreds Of US Workers (photos) by Unik3030: 8:21am On Jul 16, 2019
Sniper101:

Brother, DO NOT believe everything you see and read about on social media platforms. Ok?

#16,000,000,000 is not #16,000,000
...else I would have to ask you...

Where is the #16,000,000,000 you think he stole?
You think it's hidden somewhere in his Ota farm?

#16,000,000,000 couldn't have been hidden in any Apartment for this long nor could it have been hidden in any Bank account in this country or Abroad, mind you.
u are just a kid, so u don't know about foreign account abi. n we should not believe everything we read on social media but we should believe buhari is d one sponsoring boko Haram n herdsmen. u people are bleeping hypocrite, u support obasanjo cos he's opposing buhari right? ask yourself, is obj a good person too? if u condemn buhari n u support obj then u are a freaking hypocrite

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Are We Your Slaves?" Imran Khan Slams West's Demands To Condemn Russia / Brazilian Ex-President, Lula, Surrenders To Police, Begins 12-year Jail Term / Biden Draws ‘red Line’ For Benjamin Netanyahu: No Israeli Attack On Rafah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.