Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,879 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

Google,apple And Ibm,companies That No Longer Require Employees To Have A Colleg - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Google,apple And Ibm,companies That No Longer Require Employees To Have A Colleg (616 Views)

Twitter Threatens To Sue Meta For Hiring Former Employees To Build "Threads" / Elon Musk Fires Twitter Employees Worldwide / Blackberry Is Making A Comeback To Battle It Out With Apple And Samsung, Oppoetc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Google,apple And Ibm,companies That No Longer Require Employees To Have A Colleg by niyidenrele: 1:58pm On Jul 15, 2019
Self-made millionaire: A simple chart changed the way I think about money
Self-made millionaire: A simple chart changed the way I think about money
The budget breakdown of a couple who lives 'comfortably' on $200,000 a year in San Francisco
How a San Francisco couple lives ‘comfortably’ on $200,000 a year
Blue Bottle Coffee: How a struggling musician used credit card debt to launch a $700 million brand
How a struggling musician grew Blue Bottle Coffee into a $700 million brand
CAREERS
Google, Apple and 12 other companies that no longer require employees to have a college degree
Published Mon, Oct 8 2018 12:51 PM EDTUpdated Mon, Oct 8 2018 12:51 PM EDT
Courtney Connley
@CLASSICALYCOURT

Apple CEO Tim Cook at an event to introduce the new 9.7-inch Apple iPad at Lane Tech College Prep High School on March 27, 2018 in Chicago, Illinois. Scott Olson | Getty Images
Today’s tight labor market continues to be a promising landscape for job seekers, with economists even predicting more opportunities for professionals without a degree.

Job-search site Glassdoor compiled a list of top employers who are expanding their talent options by no longer requiring applicants to have a college degree. Companies like Google, Apple and IBM are all in this group.

In 2017, IBM’s vice president of talent Joanna Daley told CNBC Make It that about 15 percent of her company’s U.S. hires don’t have a four-year degree. She said that instead of looking exclusively at candidates who went to college, IBM now looks at candidates who have hands-on experience via a coding boot camp or an industry-related vocational class.

Check the list below to see what other top companies you can score a job at if you don’t have a college degree:

Subs: Google logo

(1) (Reply)

Fall Out 5 Coming Soon / How Long Can You Stay Without Using Your Phone | Public Interview / I Need A Short Term Job To Pay My Tuition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.