Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,812 members, 7,806,281 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Update From Various Sites As CCECC Begins Test Run - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Update From Various Sites As CCECC Begins Test Run (30652 Views)

Lagos State Begins Test Run Of Lagos Ferry Boats - Photo / 90% Of Lagos-Ibadan Railway Has Been Completed, See Images From Various Sites / Lagos Begins Test Run Of New BRT Buses With Free Services - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Update From Various Sites As CCECC Begins Test Run by micflo28(m): 8:27pm On Jul 15, 2019
Bad business for kidnappers
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Update From Various Sites As CCECC Begins Test Run by Hoogee(m): 8:33pm On Jul 15, 2019
As much as CCECC, CRCC,TEAM and other subcontractors are doing their best to ensure they meet up, our president should fast track the appointment of his ministers as this is delaying the work drastically. I can confirm to you that the second track is now at KM 149

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Update From Various Sites As CCECC Begins Test Run by zoedew: 8:40pm On Jul 15, 2019
How come you believe this when the situation at PWD and Oshodi are clear for all to see daily!
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Update From Various Sites As CCECC Begins Test Run by arsenal33: 8:43pm On Jul 15, 2019
Rollsnjaguar:
I hardly see any work ongoing at the Lagos sections.
you don't want to see
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Update From Various Sites As CCECC Begins Test Run by Haryee(m): 8:50pm On Jul 15, 2019
[quote author=AutoReportNG post=80293089]As we begin the countdown to the final unveiling of the much-awaited Lagos-Ibadan Railway that is if we are to believe the ministry of transportation that it will be ready before September, we felt we need to visit the site where the CCECC is working to see things for ourselves.

AutoReportNG got some new and exclusive images from the official page of the CCECC crew which we are part of, and we felt the need to share these pictures with Nigerians to see how they fare from various locations.

There seems to be a massive construction at Ebute-Metta at the Railway Compound; also the CCECC crew are putting the finishing touches to the Ibadan axis while the Abeokuta, Agege, Papalanto are undergoing a test run according to our sources. As much as this sounds good, Nigerians are hoping that CCECC and the Federal Government will live to their words this time and complete this project once and for all. It will be recalled that the FG and CCECC have postponed the commissioning of this project 3 times in this year alone. At first, the former minister of transportation, Mr. Rotimi Ameachi promised that it will be completed by December 2018 and then April 2019 and now we have a new date.

These are some of the pictures from the site, all for your views alone...

[img]https://1.bp..com/--IYkuEAfzH0/XSySSZQmefI/AAAAAAAAd1g/wuHY37BHEHIJO_a190oUactXhCJ0RgkKQCLcBGAs/s1600/Lagos_Ibadan_Railway_001_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-xFvJIYh3Us0/XSySSJwlLZI/AAAAAAAAd1c/cG_RyKWcARAEqBDkvjZ0C1_xSdRWUwzugCLcBGAs/s1600/Lagos_Ibadan_Railway_002_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-CkGQYsjHHxQ/XSySSZs13RI/AAAAAAAAd1k/6GRrPxJt1lQLe6mYoPp8Jox9hLr3IKq7gCLcBGAs/s1600/Lagos_Ibadan_Railway_003_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-gZaULNdwBPo/XSySU_tf53I/AAAAAAAAd1w/h34HIngUyB0Zi5PUqdRe8mAM3lZ2s7hdwCLcBGAs/s1600/Lagos_Ibadan_Railway_006_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-JEakDqoN8sI/XSySV-dADWI/AAAAAAAAd18/-E47nBLKiawe1em5VOur6aBEj19Hc17JACLcBGAs/s1600/Lagos_Ibadan_Railway_009_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-UEwm-SvJ6ao/XSySW2LyMuI/AAAAAAAAd2I/wZqc1oIzVHUn-7OrK3T7eQud07HTLIlAACLcBGAs/s1600/Lagos_Ibadan_Railway_012_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-H6peJlIQe8Y/XSySX2PjfyI/AAAAAAAAd2U/JPNGCgXNCPMH_Mx6sOr6BKOog0-g7qnfgCLcBGAs/s1600/Lagos_Ibadan_Railway_015_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-mM5aaX778LY/XSySY87EvHI/AAAAAAAAd2Y/RKhR5NaC1Y4uSVPhOV2IMgwTlrH5AIdRACLcBGAs/s1600/Lagos_Ibadan_Railway_016_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

No news medium or blog covers the Lagos-Ibadan Railway better than AutoReportNG... cheesycheesycheesy... We promise to always keep you posted. See the source for more if you need to see more.

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/07/lagos-ibadan-railway-update-from.html

You only showing the parts you want people to see, haven't you seen the shoddy parts of the stupid job they are doing.. How much are you making to keep giving us false news of nearing completion..

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Update From Various Sites As CCECC Begins Test Run by ogunsj: 8:51pm On Jul 15, 2019
what sort of miracle do they want to perform? work is in progress but September is not realistic. if they can finish it by December them try.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Update From Various Sites As CCECC Begins Test Run by grandstar(m): 8:55pm On Jul 15, 2019
FuckThaMod:
Just Lagos - Ibadan while countries in Europe has rail connecting themselves. Until every state in naija has railways connecting each other before i can take anything rail serious in this yeye country. Anyways, let fold my hands and watch as this short mediocre project will be abandoned in the nearest future.
No zombie should disturb my mention, I'm drinking water

Trains and it's related infrastructure are very expensive to build. Nigeria's entire budget for the next 4 years is not sufficient to build trains to cover the entire country
Also, the trains are being built using foreign borrowing. Worse, what the amounts that they charge commuters isn't enough to cover running costs that means government is heavily subsidising them. Rather than run a profit, they are making heavy losses.

That means the railways can not service the debt borrowed. The country is simply storing problems for the future.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Update From Various Sites As CCECC Begins Test Run by MarkudiRITA(f): 8:58pm On Jul 15, 2019
Blackfire:
Rubbish

The world have moved past this archaic locomotives , yet here we celebrate mediocrity.

Shiooooor

This is what am concerned about, locomotives are not sustainable, maintenance is extremely high. The Abuja Kaduna railway is a case study, the only thing sustaining the Kaduna Abuja rail is because it's still partly managed by the Chinese(though they still experience breakdown frequently) , when the management deal expires that railway line will be grounded or difficult to manage by NRC because of it's old technology.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Update From Various Sites As CCECC Begins Test Run by ogunsj: 9:01pm On Jul 15, 2019
Blackfire:
Rubbish

The world have moved past this archaic locomotives , yet here we celebrate mediocrity.

Shiooooor
Nigerians and thier bad mouth. people like this reminds me of Baba fryo music "dem go dey pose, dem go dey denge denge".
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Update From Various Sites As CCECC Begins Test Run by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 15, 2019
chicoMX:
This is good news...

But then I still dey pray make minister of transportation nor shift the date of completion till e enter 2023.

normal thing for apc na...
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Update From Various Sites As CCECC Begins Test Run by frowland(m): 9:35pm On Jul 15, 2019
ladilawal82:
That's cool... perhaps, I'll have the opportunity to ride this often without kidnappers' attention cool

Are they lookin for you?
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Update From Various Sites As CCECC Begins Test Run by gabbasin: 9:40pm On Jul 15, 2019
Wizklynd23:
I don't think by September this work shall be completed
this project will.not be finished by December, works on the crossing bridges in the Lagos section have not even commenced

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Update From Various Sites As CCECC Begins Test Run by Hoogee(m): 9:55pm On Jul 15, 2019
Nairalander is the youngest subcontractor on section iv and his herringbone drain frame remains the best. Dk 145+695-146+110 right, DK145+757-DK146+110 left,DK144+635.6-DK145+006 right,DK142+817-DK143+170. 2 right:onging

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Update From Various Sites As CCECC Begins Test Run by komodapson(m): 10:06pm On Jul 15, 2019
Babawon1:
I need money , a good Samaritan should help
and if na job u wan offer me I aunt mind.
I'm an experience computer operator.

GTB

Only if you could tell me whom you voted for....
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Update From Various Sites As CCECC Begins Test Run by SocialJustice: 10:07pm On Jul 15, 2019
adecz:

Keep am up?

Hope it will be durable & not the
usual Chinko style...

Ignorant racist
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Update From Various Sites As CCECC Begins Test Run by ridbell01(m): 10:38pm On Jul 15, 2019
Blackfire:
Rubbish

Shiooooor
which world?
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Update From Various Sites As CCECC Begins Test Run by ridbell01(m): 10:40pm On Jul 15, 2019
FuckThaMod:
Just Lagos - Ibadan while countries in Europe has rail connecting themselves. Until every state in naija has railways connecting each other before i can take anything rail serious in this yeye country. Anyways, let fold my hands and watch as this short mediocre project will be abandoned in the nearest future.
get well soon child of hate and perdition

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Update From Various Sites As CCECC Begins Test Run by ridbell01(m): 10:41pm On Jul 15, 2019
This is a bad news for sons and daughters of hate and perdition
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Update From Various Sites As CCECC Begins Test Run by tadetobi: 10:43pm On Jul 15, 2019
FuckThaMod:

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Update From Various Sites As CCECC Begins Test Run by azikiweironsi(m): 10:47pm On Jul 15, 2019
Blackfire:
Rubbish

Shiooooor

Even if it is speed rail, you will still complain. Besides, who told you that developed countries are no longer using locomotives? Britain still operates locomotives. Bro. Grow up and be appreciative for once.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Update From Various Sites As CCECC Begins Test Run by feodan: 11:39pm On Jul 15, 2019
AutoReportNG:
Whats your take?

See more of the photos below

https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/07/lagos-ibadan-railway-update-from.html
bro are u working with them or do u know anbody working there, i need a casual work urgently pls
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Update From Various Sites As CCECC Begins Test Run by mourinhob: 11:39pm On Jul 15, 2019
shukudi:

I was at the ologuneru(Ibadan) site on Saturday. From what I saw, not sure the project will be 100% complete by September.
The beams for the overhead bridge has been fixed, but the bridge has not been laid.
I think the bridge should be wider than what they are putting up presently, considering the fact that the environment is rapidly developing. There is a need to plan for the future population.

Bro, how close is this ibadan rail station to akobo
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Update From Various Sites As CCECC Begins Test Run by mourinhob: 11:40pm On Jul 15, 2019
shukudi:

I was at the ologuneru(Ibadan) site on Saturday. From what I saw, not sure the project will be 100% complete by September.
The beams for the overhead bridge has been fixed, but the bridge has not been laid.
I think the bridge should be wider than what they are putting up presently, considering the fact that the environment is rapidly developing. There is a need to plan for the future population.

Bro, how close is this ibadan rail station to akobo or oluyolu estate.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Update From Various Sites As CCECC Begins Test Run by kolaaderin: 5:33am On Jul 16, 2019
Godoverevery:

Too move into electric locomotive isn't hard.....the thing main is having the rail lines network available......that what we need first before moving forward.... thanks.
why are you educating the illiterate . they don't understand that the so called standard gauge rail is a base platform for all modern rail system. This are not coal powered locomotive, they are diesel powered train which are still very much in use in America and most part of Europe. The ignorant don't understand that, they just want to criticise all laudable effort of this government.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Update From Various Sites As CCECC Begins Test Run by Babawon1: 6:19am On Jul 16, 2019
komodapson:

Only if you could tell me whom you voted for....
I don't av voter's card even if I av I won't vote. am a sickler I can't risk my health
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Update From Various Sites As CCECC Begins Test Run by shukudi(m): 6:33am On Jul 16, 2019
mourinhob:

Bro, how close is this ibadan rail station to akobo or oluyolu estate.
From Oluyole Estate, it is like 45 mins drive.
From Akobo, it may take you up to an hour factoring akobo holdup into the time.
But, I was told the train station will be sited at Moniya.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Update From Various Sites As CCECC Begins Test Run by mourinhob: 7:39am On Jul 16, 2019
shukudi:

From Oluyole Estate, it is like 45 mins drive.
From Akobo, it may take you up to an hour factoring akobo holdup into the time.
But, I was told the train station will be sited at Moniya.

from the moniya station, how close to akobo or oluyole estate. I am asking cos I am thinking of relocating to ibadan if the train service comes alive. so far two area has been constant in my research. akobo and oluyole estate.
I just need a serene nice and well planned area rid of traffic. that's within 30 minutes drive from the ibadan train station.
any other suggestions aside akobo or oluyole estate will be highly appreciated

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Update From Various Sites As CCECC Begins Test Run by Biodun556(m): 1:07pm On Jul 16, 2019
While some are so committed about nation building others are bent on destroying the country through sentiments and ethnic bigotry.

If they dont see any bad news, they creat one to insight the public.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Update From Various Sites As CCECC Begins Test Run by lakesider(m): 1:26pm On Jul 16, 2019
Blackfire:
Rubbish

Shiooooor

You need to crawl before running
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Update From Various Sites As CCECC Begins Test Run by bbmate: 1:43pm On Jul 16, 2019
mourinhob:

from the moniya station, how close to akobo or oluyole estate. I am asking cos I am thinking of relocating to ibadan if the train service comes alive. so far two area has been constant in my research. akobo and oluyole estate.
I just need a serene nice and well planned area rid of traffic. that's within 30 minutes drive from the ibadan train station.

JERICHO is okay too.
20minutes drive
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Update From Various Sites As CCECC Begins Test Run by shukudi(m): 5:30pm On Jul 16, 2019
mourinhob:

Aerodrome estate is about 20 mins drive to Moniya.it is behind Ventura mall, less than 5 mins drive to UI.
Oluyole, Iyaganku are about 25/30 mins drive to Moniya.
Akobo is about 15 mins drive(minus holdup) to Moniya. Plus holdup, it could be about one hour.
Bodija estate is about 15-20 mins drive to Moniya.
These are some serene environments I can recommend.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Update From Various Sites As CCECC Begins Test Run by shukudi(m): 5:31pm On Jul 16, 2019
bbmate:

JERICHO is okay too.
20minutes drive
Yes Jericho is fine.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pilot Flying With Expired Medical Certificate Loses Licence In Nigeria / 3 Nigerians Beaten-up In India (video) / Enugu Airport Fence Destruction: FG Vows To Prosecute Perpetrator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.