Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,290 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) (48035 Views)

In 2040, You May Drive A Car That Looks Like This (Photos) / What Would You Do If Someone Did This In Your Car? (PHOTO) / Anambra Governor, Obiano's Official Bullet-Proof Car (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) by AutoJoshNG: 5:11pm On Jul 15, 2019
There is no available record of the nationality of the first person to drive a car in Nigeria.

However, some sources offer an idea of who the first Nigerian to drive a car was.

According to some records, the first Nigerian to drive a car was a certain philanthropist known as Thomas Jones.

Thomas Jones – known famously as Tom Jones - was a wealthy Lagosian.

He is best known for donating the first public library to the government of Lagos, which was at the time known as the Lagos Colony.

The library opened in 1931, almost 20 years after Jones died.

The exact date that Tom Jones first drove the car is not recorded, though, it was believed to have occurred before 1913.

A popular street on Lagos Island, Lagos, was named after Tom Jones.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/who-is-the-first-nigerian-to-drive-a-car-photo/

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) by BankyGee(m): 5:15pm On Jul 15, 2019
First to Comment

It's the first Nigerian to drive a car that is the first Nigerian to drive a car nau undecided

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) by Infinityk: 5:19pm On Jul 15, 2019
Autojoshng
I want to know something
Are u Igbo?
Cause I noticed something about u
I'm just curious

8 Likes

Re: Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) by Davash222(m): 5:24pm On Jul 15, 2019
Infinityk:
Autojoshng
I want to know something
Are u Igbo?
I'm just curious
You noticed nothing..

81 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) by Jayslicky: 5:25pm On Jul 15, 2019
It's sir Herbert macauley.

10 Likes

Re: Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) by emeijeh(m): 5:36pm On Jul 15, 2019
Funny enough, no current affairs book past and present, has ever told us the answer grin
Re: Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) by Timagex(m): 6:37pm On Jul 15, 2019
The first Nigerian was Dominic torreto! cool He drove it in fast and furious. grin

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) by Wigetsolar: 6:41pm On Jul 15, 2019
Fela's Mama was the first. Stop disturbing us.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) by tck2000(m): 6:59pm On Jul 15, 2019
Imagine wearing Nigeria's dark green jersey to write W.A.E.C......I won't watch football with my mom again which one is "Blood Of Jesus,I command you not to score Nigeria"

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) by Onyekachi419(f): 8:39pm On Jul 15, 2019
Ikjujgguujdiioskikjdikjjciikkjkodjjdikmdkjj

Wait let me Google it.

9 Likes

Re: Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) by lifezone247(m): 8:39pm On Jul 15, 2019
The first Nigerian to drive a car is that same person na. Or is there any other person again?

4 Likes

Re: Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 15, 2019
Gh
Re: Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) by immaculate1234(m): 8:39pm On Jul 15, 2019
My papa

2 Likes

Re: Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) by Unconquerable: 8:39pm On Jul 15, 2019
Herbert Macaulay.

4 Likes

Re: Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) by MoneyMan5: 8:40pm On Jul 15, 2019
Infinityk:
Autojoshng
I want to know something
Are u Igbo?
I'm just curious

Stop being a tribalist

You are always making tribalistic comments on Nairaland

65 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) by Gforce2019: 8:40pm On Jul 15, 2019
Nah adamu nnamdi Olumide is the first person that ever drives a car in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) by poweredcom(m): 8:40pm On Jul 15, 2019
Mr grandmama
Re: Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) by JIDECAC: 8:40pm On Jul 15, 2019
One mr Charles Hebpu from Britain
Re: Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) by adisabarber(m): 8:41pm On Jul 15, 2019
Wigetsolar:

First woman

8 Likes

Re: Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 15, 2019
The first Nigerian to drive a car is a Nigerian naa.
What are you saying...

4 Likes

Re: Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) by Revolva(m): 8:41pm On Jul 15, 2019
Tom Jones I know is a musician

1 Like

Re: Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) by wellmax(m): 8:41pm On Jul 15, 2019
Infinityk:
Autojoshng
I want to know something
Are u Igbo?
I'm just curious

Remove every bit of tribalistic consciousness from your mind. It's not good.

Of a person is good, he is good. If bad he is bad. Tribe makes no difference.

17 Likes

Re: Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) by SultanOfAbia: 8:41pm On Jul 15, 2019
Re: Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) by RDPMAN: 8:41pm On Jul 15, 2019
We hear you!

Need RDP check out my status
Re: Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) by Jaytecq(m): 8:41pm On Jul 15, 2019
See question!
anyway na Herbert macauley.

1 Like

Re: Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) by Sweetcollins: 8:42pm On Jul 15, 2019
Good
Re: Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) by goat22: 8:42pm On Jul 15, 2019
Mama chubiuneza oluwatosin, the daughter of Ebuka the first Oba of Ogorimagongo in Sokoto.

1 Like

Re: Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) by miniziter(m): 8:42pm On Jul 15, 2019
The first to ride bike nko?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) by martineverest(m): 8:42pm On Jul 15, 2019
ọba ovoramwen

3 Likes

Re: Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) by Formularcr7: 8:42pm On Jul 15, 2019
Wigetsolar:
olodo

5 Likes

Re: Thomas Jones: Who Is The First Nigerian To Drive A Car? (PHOTO) by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 15, 2019
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Could This Be The First Lamborghini Urus In Nigeria? (photo) / Xiaomi Unveils Its First Car And Its Sleek And ELECTRIC! / Would You Buy This 5,600mile 1994 Toyota Supra Turbo For N36 Million? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.