Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,533 members, 7,801,483 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Kwara Gov To Partner College In ‘entrepreneurship’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwara Gov To Partner College In ‘entrepreneurship’ (220 Views)

PDP Crisis: Atiku Sends Adamawa Gov To Wike, Meeting Deadlocked / Breaking!! Fed Gov To Consider Pardon For Sunday Igboho, Nnamdi Kanu � / Anambra Gov To Partner With Farmers To Develop Igbo Species Of Cows (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kwara Gov To Partner College In ‘entrepreneurship’ by HonMike: 5:54pm On Jul 15, 2019
Kwara State Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq at the weekend promised to partner with the Thomas Adewunmi International College (TAICO) in the area of entrepreneurship.

AbdulRazaq said this when he attended the school’s 2019 graduation ceremony during which he also toured the school’s expansive plantation.

“I promised in my manifesto to promote enterprise. This is a good example of it. I had been depressed by what I had been seeing during my inspection of government institutions but my visit to this place, along with what I have seen, has lifted my spirit,” he said.

AbdulRazaq lauded the communal spirit of the school’s founder, Dr Thomas Adewumi, saying: “You are building a huge community here. But you are not just doing this for Oko community, you are attracting investments from other institutions”.

“You are a serious entrepreneur and we shall partner with you.”

The Governor was the special guest of honour at the graduation programme of the top-rated school. He later inspected the new Thomas Adewumi University, Oko, in Irepodun Local government area of the state.

Abdulrazak bemoaned the state of education in Kwara, promising to effect positive change in the sector.

“Kwara used to be number one in northern Nigeria; now Kaduna has overtaken us. Long term planning is essential and that is what we are doing,” he said.

The Governor commended the entrepreneurial accomplishments of Dr. Adewumi, the Asiwaju of Oko Irese and Founder of TAICO and TAUO, whose vision AbdulRazaq said matches that of his administration.

Dr Adewunmi, on his part, thanked the Governor for the visit which he described as a first in the school’s history.

“It is a new dawn of leadership in Kwara. You are the first Kwara governor to come here. We are highly honoured, we are praying for you so that the story of Kwara will be rewritten for good,” Adewunmi said.

He told the governor about the exploits of TAICO students and the international standard of its teaching staff.

“This school is raising leaders. It has international staff members and the students are known for excellence,” he said.

He praised the government’s pledge to create enabling environment for enterprise, saying the policy would improve internally generated revenue for the state.

Dignitaries at the TAICO programme included the former Chief Justice of Nigeria, Alfa Belgore; royal fathers led by the Olomu of Omu Aran, Oba Abdulraheem Adeoti; and top All Progressives Congress chieftains like Senator Simeon Ajibola; Hon. Abdulraheem Olawuyi (Ajuloopin); Akogun Iyiola Oyedepo; Oloriewe Raheem Adedoyin; Alh. Yinka Aluko; Alh. Mohammed Abioye; Dr. Bashir Ibrahim; Mr. Sina Ogundele; and Hon. David Aremu.

https://www.fidelinfo.com/2019/07/15/kwara-gov-to-partner-college-in-entrepreneurship/

Re: Kwara Gov To Partner College In ‘entrepreneurship’ by olasaad(f): 5:59pm On Jul 15, 2019
Good one my Governor
Re: Kwara Gov To Partner College In ‘entrepreneurship’ by MetaPhysical: 6:00pm On Jul 15, 2019
God bless Gov. Abdulrazaq!

Team Kwara!

(1) (Reply)

We Need To Do More As Good Nigerians / Presidential Election Petition: Atiku’s Top Witness Denies Seeing INEC Server / Fani-kayode Blasts Nigerian Media For ‘supporting’ Fulani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.