Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,615 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:05 PM

Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira (57864 Views)

ICPC Seizes 44 Assets Worth N14.7bn / President Muhammadu Buhari Declares Assets Ready For Swearing In / Ganduje Declares Assets Ahead Of Swearing-In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by plaetton: 11:20pm On Jul 15, 2019
MrPolitics:
…Says I have fulfilled a campaign promise

Oyo State Governor, Engineer Seyi Makinde on Monday made public his campaign promise to publicly declare his assets.

The Governor, who visited the Oyo state office of the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) in Ibadan to receive a copy of the asset declaration form said that his decision to make the assets public was in fulfillment of a personal promise he made during the elections.

Details of the assets as contained in the CCB 1 with the name Oluseyi Abiodun Makinde, which was declared at the High Court of Oyo State, on May 28, 2019, indicated that the Governor is worth over N48 billion.

The assets declaration form, marked OYSE/2019/001 contained details of cash at hand, in the bank, landed properties (developed and undeveloped), household items, share and bonds owed by the Governor, his wife, Omini Makinde as well as his companies.

According to details of the asset form made public by the Chief Press Secretary to Makinde, Mr. Taiwo Adisa, the Governor of Oyo State had cash at hand and in the bank worth N234, 742,296.01, as at May 28, 2019.

In dollar terms, the Governor has cash valued at $30,056.99 as at the same date.

Properties, including the developed and undeveloped as well as household items indicated on the asset forms, showed that the Governor is worth N2, 624,800,500(two billion, six hundred and twenty-four million, eight hundred thousand, five hundred Naira as at the date of asset declaration.

In Dollar terms, the Governor also declared properties, developed and undeveloped as well as household items valued at $4,400,000(four million, four hundred thousand dollars only.

In South African Rands, the Governor declared buildings and household items worth four Million, four hundred and fifty-seven thousand, five hundred and fifty-four and four South African Rands.

The houses declared by the Governor include nine buildings in Nigeria, two in the United States of America and One in South Africa.

One of the properties in the United States is described as “jointly owned.”

The details showed the current value of Makinde’s companies stand at N48, 150,736,889 (forty-eight billion, one hundred and fifty million, seven hundred and thirty-six thousand, eight hundred and eighty-nine Naira), with 33, 730,000 units of shares as at May 28, 2019.

The Governor also has existing Bonds (Eurobond) worth $3, 793, 500 as well as shares, debentures and other securities valued at N120,500,000(One hundred and twenty million, five hundred thousand naira).

The companies listed by the Governor include Makon Engineering and Technical Services Limited; Energy Traders and Technical Services Limited; Makon Oil and Gas Limited; Makon Group Limited, Makon Construction Limited and Makon Power System Limited.

The asset declaration form indicated that Governor Makinde’s four companies have additional assets denominated as loan notes including Makon Engineering and Technical Services Limited(N1.7 billion); Makon Power System Limited(N148.4 million); Makon Oil and Gas Limited(N341 million); Energy Traders and Technical Services Limited(N1.159bn) totalling N3.389billion.

Speaking with newsmen at the CCB office in Ibadan, Makinde said: “I came here to collect the photocopy of the form that I signed in fulfillment of the campaign promise to the people that I will declare my asset publicly and release the document to the public.

“I will encourage all the members of my cabinet to do the same thing but in as much they stay within the ambit of the law, I will encourage them to do the same.”

https://newsbreakng.com/breaking-makinde-declares-asset-worth-of-n50b-public/

I can't stop laughing. grin grin grin grin grin
The man is advertising that he intends to steal N50b or $140m before leaves office.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Yankee101: 11:21pm On Jul 15, 2019
Lies. Lies. Lies
In preparation for stealing
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jul 15, 2019
This news woke me from my snooring...
and somebody in Aso Rock declared 150 cows that are gays and lesbians breeds because they never reproduce since dem retire com join civilian.

When APC members open their mouths to ever talk 'truth' the devil sef go duff im hat. e go say human can lie...

If makinde is this rich, guess the worth of Jagaban.

8 Likes

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by yesloaded: 11:22pm On Jul 15, 2019
post=80305937:

Lol! cheesy

You started your own hustling when you became old shey?

See Chief Spokesman of Seyi o!

Poverty na bastard sha! grin
No, I started my own hustling at young age too & by God grace I'm making progress. I have not made billions but I have made more than a million (not just a million) through hard work & smart work. I am employer of labour (although few) and am making progress.

As for you, what are you known for? Online APC asslicker, disturbing cyber space with irrelevant post singing praises of those who made your life miserable

I dislike to engage idiots in conversation & I hate to abuse online but this Bible says 'da asiwere eeyan lohun gegebi were re ki o ma baa to wipe oun gbon

Is this the type of life you want your kids to live? huh

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Nigerfine2: 11:24pm On Jul 15, 2019
Watch this man do wonders in governance
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by RTSC: 11:25pm On Jul 15, 2019
But Nigerians can be very criminal. They just find loopholes in everything.

That is why the institutions must work as fast as the average criminal.

Otherwise, the country is fucckked.
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:25pm On Jul 15, 2019
yesloaded:

No, I started my own hustling at young age too & by God grace I'm making progress. I have not made billions but I have made more than a million (not just a million) through hard work & smart work. I am employer of labour (although few) and am making progress.

As for you, what are you known for? Online APC asslicker, disturbing cyber space with irrelevant post singing praises of those who made your life miserable

I dislike to engage idiots in conversation & I hate to abuse online but this Bible says 'da asiwere eeyan lohun gegebi were re ki o ma baa to wipe oun gbon

Is this the type of life you want your kids to live? huh

And No, we want a better and great Nigeria.

As for you, what are you known for? Online Zombie wailer, supporter of corruption, asslicker, disturbing cyber space with irrelevant post singing praises of those who made your life miserable.
Those who stole your future and the future of your unborn kids away.

You have just started.
You ain't seen nothing yet.
Four years won't be enough for you to wail your wailings.
Keep it up boy!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Jimbadly: 11:26pm On Jul 15, 2019
grin

50 billion for the akant eh! grin

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jul 15, 2019
Overvalue your assets so that when you steal nobody will raise an eyebrow.....

1 Like

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jul 15, 2019
globemoney01:
How did he make all these money

He left Shell to start up his energy and technical company at 29. I don't know much about his background but he's a well rounded educated fella. Unilag, MIT and other expensive executive courses abroad . Such a smart fella.

13 Likes

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:28pm On Jul 15, 2019
Jimbadly:
grin

50 billion for the akant eh! grin
Lol cheesy wink grin cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jul 15, 2019
plaetton:

I can't stop laughing. grin grin grin grin grin
The man is advertising that he intends to steal N50b or $140m before leaves office.

I dey tell you but some gullible people go still believe am
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by yesloaded: 11:33pm On Jul 15, 2019
post=80306188:

And No, we want a better and great Nigeria.

As for you, what are you known for? Online Zombie wailer, supporter of corruption, asslicker, disturbing cyber space with irrelevant post singing praises of those who made your life miserable.
Those who stole your future and the future of your unborn kids away.

You have just started.
You ain't seen nothing yet.
Four years won't be enough for you to wail your wailings.
Keep it up boy!
grin

Your first post today was 3:02am & this is 11:29pm still on nairaland displaying insanity

Tbh, you need brain transplant

I'm very sure, ologini ke l'ojo ti'ya e bi e grin

Let me leave you to enjoy your foolishness to the fullest

I've got important things to attend to by tomorrow morning

13 Likes

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by cnonyechi(f): 11:33pm On Jul 15, 2019
kolafolabi:
I swear if I have 1/10 of that, I won't contest for any political office. Politics is a dirty game.

Abi ooo I tell u

1 Like

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by cosmos1440: 11:33pm On Jul 15, 2019
Believe Nigerian politicians, irrespective of party, at your own peril

1 Like

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jul 15, 2019
nototribalist:
I hope this is not APC propaganda news against a PDP governor

There was absolutely nothing like internet at the time that man lived. So whose quote is that really??
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by leye4u: 11:43pm On Jul 15, 2019
Lamasta:
Ogbeni Makinde hope you never add future assets to it grin
the guy is loaded ooo....you no Sabi am

1 Like

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jul 15, 2019
yesloaded:

grin

Your first post today was 3:02am & this is 11:29pm still on nairaland displaying insanity

Tbh, you need brain transplant

I'm very sure, ologini ke l'ojo ti'ya e bi e grin

Let me leave you to enjoy your foolishness to the fullest

I've got important things to attend to by tomorrow morning

Lolgrin
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by sweetTai(m): 11:47pm On Jul 15, 2019
This is a fraudulent declaration! Why not give us the addresses of these buildings in America and South Africa so that we can verify them at the tax appraisal office. This is an attempt to loot Oyo State.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by sweetTai(m): 11:51pm On Jul 15, 2019
Nigerfine2:
Watch this man do wonders in governance

Wonders in stealing Oyo State treasury. Why are you people so stupid?? Why can’t he release the addresses of the houses in USA and South Africa and I will tell you if they belong to him or someone else within 24-48 hours. This is an excuse to loot Oyo State in progress.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jul 15, 2019
Seems these are anticipatory assets
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jul 15, 2019
yesloaded:

He is a known vulture meat seller

6 Likes

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by piagetskinner(m): 11:56pm On Jul 15, 2019
Mehn this guy is rich.... chai

2 Likes

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by ud4u: 11:59pm On Jul 15, 2019
I love rich people in power and not hungry people
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by niyidenrele: 11:59pm On Jul 15, 2019
Yes I talk am...this is finishing...PDP governors how market...

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by ogbonti: 12:00am On Jul 16, 2019
nototribalist:
I hope this is not APC propaganda news against a PDP governor

AND WHY SHOULD I BELIEVE YOUR LINCOLN? was internet in existence during the time of Lincoln? How could be have referenced the internet in a quote that did not exist in his time? IT IS A WA FOR UNA OOOOOO grin
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by ophilly: 12:08am On Jul 16, 2019
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by chinchum(m): 12:11am On Jul 16, 2019
kolafolabi:
I swear if I have 1/10 of that, I won't contest for any political office. Politics is a dirty game.
i guess that is because you are wired to think you are in politics to steal money.
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Nobody: 12:12am On Jul 16, 2019
Everything he put in there is subject/open to verification and investigative journalism in Nigeria has moved beyond the point where people take such press releases at face value. Journalists these days are ready to earn their pay by digging out all the skeletons in the closets of these politicians.

From his profile this guy is a very competent gas engineer who exploited the local content legislation of the oil and gas industry to make a fortune for himself. He seems to be the embodiment of the Nigerian Dream, if such a thing actually exists.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Stillthebest: 12:14am On Jul 16, 2019
How do I make this kind of money pls?? Is it is possible to make about 100Billion these days before one clocks 55?? I'm thinking the best opportune people in Ng are of the 1960s downward. How many Nigeria leaders have more than 50Billion before they got to politics Not sure of any. Is it Saraki, upon society generae , Fayemi, is it the ifeayi or andi, is it fasola, is it ganduje, el tufani, or tinubu? May be only Peter Obi, Orji Uzo and ifeanyi ... Can Makinde overvalue or in anticipation to make up for this, then catalpults his wealth??

4 Likes

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by enemyofprogress: 12:24am On Jul 16, 2019
Poverty is a decease

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Anambra Election Will Hold - Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB / The Moment Chris Ngige Escaped Mob Attack During APC Congress In Awka. PICS / "Excited Because Atiku Is Coming": Dino Melaye Poses In New Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.