Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:42 AM

Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira (57808 Views)

ICPC Seizes 44 Assets Worth N14.7bn / President Muhammadu Buhari Declares Assets Ready For Swearing In / Ganduje Declares Assets Ahead Of Swearing-In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by gnykelly(m): 4:16am On Jul 16, 2019
kolafolabi:
I swear if I have 1/10 of that, I won't contest for any political office. Politics is a dirty game.

If you have money power is what you will go for

2 Likes

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by gnykelly(m): 4:22am On Jul 16, 2019
muyiwaadekunle1:

He left Shell to start up his energy and technical company at 29. I don't know much about his background but he's a well rounded educated fella. Unilag, MIT and other expensive executive courses abroad . Such a smart fella.

I believe his declaration

1 Like

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by lonelydora: 5:02am On Jul 16, 2019
Karisia:
this man rich ooh

For where? Intended asset, bro.
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Staro: 5:16am On Jul 16, 2019
Oyo State now has a Governor

The Yoruba nation now has a true leader after the Great Awolowo

#BuhariDeclareYourAssetsPublicly

3 Likes

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Firefire(m): 5:18am On Jul 16, 2019
Staro:
Oyo State now has a Governor

The Yoruba nation now has a true leader after the Great Awolowo

#BuhariDeclareYourAssetsPublicly

God bless Oyo State. Mohomodu Buhary CANNOT attempt to publicly declare his loot. He can’t try the rubbish, even mr Osunbade cannot.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by davillian(m): 5:21am On Jul 16, 2019
kolafolabi:
I swear if I have 1/10 of that, I won't contest for any political office. Politics is a dirty game.
When you get the money , you want power and respect.

1 Like

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Oai007(m): 5:26am On Jul 16, 2019
in 2015 sen.Teslim Folarin said on a live radio program in front of seyi makinde that he is not half the worth of seyi makinde.Teslim said seyi makinde will buy him four times. in 2019 an OAP(Edmond obilo) asked seyi makinde on a live radio program that what is his Worth he then replied that he pats a tax of one billion every year. my point is Bleep everyone comparing adelabu to engineer seyi makinde. gsm has been spending since when adedibu was alive. I have had chance to meet him. guy we love him Oyo state. do you think it us easy to defeat APC.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Oai007(m): 5:28am On Jul 16, 2019
Lamasta:
Ogbeni Makinde hope you never add future assets to it grin
in 2015 sen.Teslim Folarin said on a live radio program in front of seyi makinde that he is not half the worth of seyi makinde.Teslim said seyi makinde will buy him four times. in 2019 an OAP(Edmond obilo) asked seyi makinde on a live radio program that what is his Worth he then replied that he pays a tax of one billion every year. my point is screw everyone comparing adelabu to engineer seyi makinde. gsm has been spending since when adedibu was alive. I have had chance to meet him. guy we love him Oyo state. do you think it us easy to defeat APC.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by katovest: 5:34am On Jul 16, 2019
Calm down guys. All assets declared shall be verified. That is main reason Many people don't publicly declare their assets. A bold man DT publicly declared his assets with confidence has no skeleton in his cupboard. Seyi is different. I dare anyone with conflicting opinion to do thorough investigation. For those asking for address. Visit the code of conduct bureau for the addresses u seek. Cos addresses can't be added to public document . Omituntun in Oyo state

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by anonimi: 5:41am On Jul 16, 2019
sweetTai:
This is a fraudulent declaration! Why not give us the addresses of these buildings in America and South Africa so that we can verify them at the tax appraisal office. This is an attempt to loot Oyo State.

Don't be one of barawo bubu's lazy youths. Find your way to the CCB for more details if you are interested.
Stop wailing and start doing.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2837264_tmp9455fbimg14417792614671224457852_jpeg6dab6ee28b2554beeaa4f34b3a1f7675

PhockPhockMan:
But Buhari, in the document titled, ‘I pledge to Nigeria’ had also said that all his political appointees would only earn salaries and allowances as prescribed by the Revenue and Mobilisation and Fiscal Allocation Commission.

He said, “I pledge to publicly declare my assets and liabilities, encourage all my appointees publicly declare their assets and liabilities as a pre-condition for appointment. All political appointees will only earn the salaries and allowances determined by the RMFAC. I pledge, as Commander-in-Chief, to lead from the front and not behind in the comfort and security of Aso Rock, to boost the morale of fighting forces and the generality of all Nigerians.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-vp-fail-to-declare-assets-publicly/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2827707_img20150905142543_jpegffcefa9483529d6999254d5bf1b3a54e

1 Like

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by bellazz(m): 5:45am On Jul 16, 2019
OndoFirstBorn:
When leaders lead by example, followers won't hesitate to willingly follow suit. I see no reason why you won't succeed totally as Oyo State Governor. You're so committed to ensuring transparency, accountability and all inclusive government. After Governor Akeredolu, Seyi Makinde is gradually becoming my second best Governor. Kudos.

You are absolutely right my boss

1 Like

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by anonimi: 5:46am On Jul 16, 2019
muyiwaadekunle1:
He left Shell to start up his energy and technical company at 29. I don't know much about his background but he's a well rounded educated fella. Unilag, MIT and other expensive executive courses abroad . Such a smart fella.

Similar profile like Peter Obi.
PDP needs to attract, recruit and field such people who are smart, business oriented and people focused to rescue our country from the brazen thieves and incompetent olodos who pretend to be saints in the Assembly of Past/Present Crooks called APC.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2241285_apc20val_jpegd8974d69b37695e4b5dcc89fbc62a3e2

2 Likes

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Jilo83(m): 6:02am On Jul 16, 2019
my governor.
The richest governor in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Ammc(m): 6:03am On Jul 16, 2019
kolafolabi:

The rich also needs power too.

1 Like

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by shukudi(m): 6:21am On Jul 16, 2019
kokoA:
Nigeria has may silent billionaires that actually made their money outside government o shocked Dis type fit contest for governor of five states at thesame time self.
How did seyi make his billions outside government? Explain with the aid of an annotated diagram. (70 marks).

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by NoBetterNigeria: 6:23am On Jul 16, 2019
Guy, wait till when you have it and see how you'll long for power. After money is Power.

kolafolabi:

2 Likes

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Nobody: 6:24am On Jul 16, 2019
plaetton:

I can't stop laughing. grin grin grin grin grin
The man is advertising that he intends to steal N50b or $140m before leaves office.
why you guys so stupid? You think ccb don’t verify assets? Someone that claims on live radio that he pays 1b annually as tax to the govt.

7 Likes

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by BabaO2: 6:27am On Jul 16, 2019
See real billionaires wey no dey shout. Some people no get reach one billion sef, dem dey shout say na dem develop lagos. There are still millions of Makindes wey no dey do gragra

2 Likes

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Infinityk: 6:29am On Jul 16, 2019
Oai007:
in 2015 sen.Teslim Folarin said on a live radio program in front of seyi makinde that he is not half the worth of seyi makinde.Teslim said seyi makinde will buy him four times. in 2019 an OAP(Edmond obilo) asked seyi makinde on a live radio program that what is his Worth he then replied that he pats a tax of one billion every year. my point is Bleep everyone comparing adelabu to engineer seyi makinde. gsm has been spending since when adedibu was alive. I have had chance to meet him. guy we love him Oyo state. do you think it us easy to defeat APC.

I too used to normally hear that seyi makinde is rich from Ibadan ppl
I can't believe Oyo state have a billionaire as governor
U guys are lucky

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by uchaymart(m): 6:31am On Jul 16, 2019
vastolord4:
Then after his tenure, 10trillion..
So his investment should not grow just because he is a governor... People self

1 Like

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Lekanbery: 6:32am On Jul 16, 2019
Uk used iPhone 6s PLUS 128GB for sale. Call or whatsapp zero nine zero six eight five three five six five two. Lagos state/ Ikotun
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Infinityk: 6:32am On Jul 16, 2019
BabaO2:
See real billionaires wey no dey shout. Some people no get reach one billion sef, dem dey shout say na dem develop lagos. There are still millions of Makindes wey no dey do gragra
I used to normally hear that makinde has money from Ibadan people
Makinde and abiodun of ogun state are both billionaires
Ogun and Oyo are having billionaires as governor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Bizibi(m): 6:33am On Jul 16, 2019
kokoA:
Nigeria has may silent billionaires that actually made their money outside government o shocked Dis type fit contest for governor of five states at thesame time self.
they are quite many and silent.....

1 Like

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by bumzylongs: 6:42am On Jul 16, 2019
This dude is blessed.... May God give him the strength to govern his people in d right way.

1 Like

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Infinityk: 6:44am On Jul 16, 2019
lonelydora:

For where? Intended asset, bro.
How is seyi makinde not rich
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by gafsal: 6:56am On Jul 16, 2019
How did he make all these money
from gas especially and you know the atrocities there.

1 Like

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Infinityk: 6:58am On Jul 16, 2019
globemoney01:

Many people on Ibadan streets already know seyi makinde is very rich
As at 2011 makinde has been contesting, he always spenfs money
He pays more than 1 billion naira per year as tax
Same with ogun state governor dapo abiodun

1 Like

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 16, 2019
MrPolitics:
…Says I have fulfilled a campaign promise

Oyo State Governor, Engineer Seyi Makinde on Monday made public his campaign promise to publicly declare his assets.

The Governor, who visited the Oyo state office of the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) in Ibadan to receive a copy of the asset declaration form said that his decision to make the assets public was in fulfillment of a personal promise he made during the elections.

Details of the assets as contained in the CCB 1 with the name Oluseyi Abiodun Makinde, which was declared at the High Court of Oyo State, on May 28, 2019, indicated that the Governor is worth over N48 billion.

The assets declaration form, marked OYSE/2019/001 contained details of cash at hand, in the bank, landed properties (developed and undeveloped), household items, share and bonds owed by the Governor, his wife, Omini Makinde as well as his companies.

According to details of the asset form made public by the Chief Press Secretary to Makinde, Mr. Taiwo Adisa, the Governor of Oyo State had cash at hand and in the bank worth N234, 742,296.01, as at May 28, 2019.

In dollar terms, the Governor has cash valued at $30,056.99 as at the same date.

Properties, including the developed and undeveloped as well as household items indicated on the asset forms, showed that the Governor is worth N2, 624,800,500(two billion, six hundred and twenty-four million, eight hundred thousand, five hundred Naira as at the date of asset declaration.

In Dollar terms, the Governor also declared properties, developed and undeveloped as well as household items valued at $4,400,000(four million, four hundred thousand dollars only.

In South African Rands, the Governor declared buildings and household items worth four Million, four hundred and fifty-seven thousand, five hundred and fifty-four and four South African Rands.

The houses declared by the Governor include nine buildings in Nigeria, two in the United States of America and One in South Africa.

One of the properties in the United States is described as “jointly owned.”

The details showed the current value of Makinde’s companies stand at N48, 150,736,889 (forty-eight billion, one hundred and fifty million, seven hundred and thirty-six thousand, eight hundred and eighty-nine Naira), with 33, 730,000 units of shares as at May 28, 2019.

The Governor also has existing Bonds (Eurobond) worth $3, 793, 500 as well as shares, debentures and other securities valued at N120,500,000(One hundred and twenty million, five hundred thousand naira).

The companies listed by the Governor include Makon Engineering and Technical Services Limited; Energy Traders and Technical Services Limited; Makon Oil and Gas Limited; Makon Group Limited, Makon Construction Limited and Makon Power System Limited.

The asset declaration form indicated that Governor Makinde’s four companies have additional assets denominated as loan notes including Makon Engineering and Technical Services Limited(N1.7 billion); Makon Power System Limited(N148.4 million); Makon Oil and Gas Limited(N341 million); Energy Traders and Technical Services Limited(N1.159bn) totalling N3.389billion.

Speaking with newsmen at the CCB office in Ibadan, Makinde said: “I came here to collect the photocopy of the form that I signed in fulfillment of the campaign promise to the people that I will declare my asset publicly and release the document to the public.

“I will encourage all the members of my cabinet to do the same thing but in as much they stay within the ambit of the law, I will encourage them to do the same.”

https://newsbreakng.com/breaking-makinde-declares-asset-worth-of-n50b-public/

50 billion naira that he made from where?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by okewumi: 7:00am On Jul 16, 2019
Lamasta:
Ogbeni Makinde hope you never add future assets to it grin

Makimde is a rich man. I don't know what he saw in politics. His agenda is to reduce poverty level in Oyo state. Very humble gentle man. Makon alone have branches in Texas, South Africa etc.
I remember when he donated equipment worth millions of naira to electrical section in Unilag. The guy is a philanthropist.

In year 2012, he was the first person to buy two Capstone Turbines in Nigeria. He installed one in his lagos office and the second one in his village in Ajia ibadan to power the village. I was there that evening when the Turbine was commissioned. A woman said that was the first time he will see electric light in 30years. It is good to check his profile
This is kind of people we should have in senate, house of assembly etc.
If God can help makinde, he is capable of helping me too.

12 Likes

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by ewriter: 7:02am On Jul 16, 2019
Let us write for you.

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by Skodiswayze(m): 7:02am On Jul 16, 2019
Were you blind when they listed his viable companies that worth billions,
Or were u deaf when he was listed among the richest governor elect.
He's a successful Engineer and he has his money already, but that can't stop you from serving your poeple

globemoney01:

2 Likes

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira by lonelydora: 7:04am On Jul 16, 2019
Infinityk:

How is seyi makinde not rich

He's rich but not 50 billon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gbajabiamila, Fayose, Soyinka React To Lekki Shootings / Unforgettable Sights At The 2015 Presidential Inauguration / This Is What Nigerian Politicians Do During Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.