Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:52 PM

AFCON 2019: Ighalo Leads Highest Goal Scorers Ahead Of Final/third-place Playoff - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON 2019: Ighalo Leads Highest Goal Scorers Ahead Of Final/third-place Playoff (21623 Views)

UCL: Champions League Top Scorers Ahead Of Semi-final Fixtures [top 22] / AFCON 2019: Ighalo, Mane, Mahrez Make CAF Best XI [full List] / Seychelles Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 Qualifier - 0 - 3 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo Leads Highest Goal Scorers Ahead Of Final/third-place Playoff by spencekat(m): 9:22am On Jul 16, 2019
Mane will score two goals against Algeria in the final

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo Leads Highest Goal Scorers Ahead Of Final/third-place Playoff by spencekat(m): 9:25am On Jul 16, 2019
NeekolazWorld:
Like play Mane carry UEFA and him wan carry AFCON
He will surely carry it
Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo Leads Highest Goal Scorers Ahead Of Final/third-place Playoff by NeekolazWorld(m): 9:32am On Jul 16, 2019
spencekat:
He will surely carry it
I got so much love for that guy. A silent achiever. I so much prefer him to that Sala people are always shouting though am not a Liverpool fan. Am Tottenham for live.
Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo Leads Highest Goal Scorers Ahead Of Final/third-place Playoff by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 16, 2019
vicysegun:

He always rely on wingers to give him a tap into the net pass.

He is not a modern 9

Ighalos goals most times comes from assist.
Leave one one one with a defender to dribble and score,he most times cannot.
Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo Leads Highest Goal Scorers Ahead Of Final/third-place Playoff by spencekat(m): 9:34am On Jul 16, 2019
NeekolazWorld:

I got so much love for that guy. A silent achiever. I so much prefer him to that Sala people are always shouting though am not a Liverpool fan. Am Tottenham for live.
I am also not a Liverpool fan
Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo Leads Highest Goal Scorers Ahead Of Final/third-place Playoff by sapientia1(m): 9:42am On Jul 16, 2019
omonla10:
I've been avoiding a place in my heart to think of super eagles for d past 2 days.. Pls let's just forget about them.. How can that clown akpeyi be our keeper. See the stupid wall he formed. Now stood behind d wall..

He just made d mahrez free kick look spectacular.. In fact I'm short of words
I am very disappointed in Akpeyi for his positioning. The tallest defenders we have had positioned directly opposite the ball, and we even have a man beneath the wall (Onyekuru) in case Mahrez intend to hit it low and hard. Akpeyi still went ahead to stand behind that wall for Christ sake. It would take a miracle to get the ball past that wall for Christ sake, even Mahrez knows this. The only Good Akpeyi was to do is to stay away n cover the area where there's space. A free kick in that range doesn't normally go through the wall, especially when you have tall defenders there (Ekong, Omeruo, Ndidi, Awaziem) , that's why takers normally go for the blank space with swerve and venom, which is why a gk should leave that wall n focus on that area. That's why in most cases if the fk taker eventually decides to go through the wall and the ball scores, the gk won't really be blamed.

I've watched the images repeatedly and I'm totally disappointed as to why our gk was behind the wall, in this kinda free kick situation, which is extremely close to goal.
Dani Alves has scored this kinda free kicks on many occasions, all that's needed is power.
We need a good gk

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo Leads Highest Goal Scorers Ahead Of Final/third-place Playoff by Youngsavage: 9:43am On Jul 16, 2019
That's why the coach never changed him, even when it was clear he was not in the game
That chukwueze-henry change pain me.... Stupid coach
Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo Leads Highest Goal Scorers Ahead Of Final/third-place Playoff by Vabasi(m): 9:47am On Jul 16, 2019
omonla10:
I've been avoiding a place in my heart to think of super eagles for d past 2 days.. Pls let's just forget about them.. How can that clown akpeyi be our keeper. See the stupid wall he formed. Now stood behind d wall..

He just made d mahrez free kick look spectacular.. In fact I'm short of words

Brother I am of the same opinion here. I mean this guy lacks positioning, forming a wall and standing behind it, damn! I said it that Rhor's affinity to Akpeyi will do us strong thing. Las Las e don happen.

Generally, it was a lacklustre game from the mediocre semi-super eagles.
Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo Leads Highest Goal Scorers Ahead Of Final/third-place Playoff by dfrost: 10:20am On Jul 16, 2019
Skykid1208:

Mo Salah wey be golden boot winner for England how maoy goals he score for AFCON?

And you really think I'm concerned about that one? I'm more concerned about the calibre of modern day players. grin angry
Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo Leads Highest Goal Scorers Ahead Of Final/third-place Playoff by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 16, 2019
amosmosco:
But am sha disappointed, leading goal scorer for a cup had just four goals?

Anyways

Las Las we go carry something,

*modified*

Ighalo go carry something
Highest goal scorer in Copa America scored 3 goals!!
Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo Leads Highest Goal Scorers Ahead Of Final/third-place Playoff by Skykid1208(m): 10:48am On Jul 16, 2019
dfrost:

And you really think I'm concerned about that one? I'm more concerned about the calibre of modern day players. grin angry
Players like?
As far the world of soccer is concerned he is one of the best african players now!

eni4real:
Tell them!
Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo Leads Highest Goal Scorers Ahead Of Final/third-place Playoff by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 16, 2019
Skykid1208:

Players like?
As far the world of soccer is concerned he is one of the best african players now!

Tell them!
Even in Euro 2016, apart from Griezmann who scored 6 goals.
Silver boot (Cristiano) : 3 goals
Bronze boot(Nani): 3 goals..

I don't see why that guy look down on anything African..

"Poor turn out" is the only issue I have against this Egypt Afcon tho!!!
Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo Leads Highest Goal Scorers Ahead Of Final/third-place Playoff by Skykid1208(m): 11:06am On Jul 16, 2019
eni4real:
Even in Euro 2016, apart from Griezmann who scored 6 goals.
Silver boot (Cristiano) : 3 goals
Bronze boot(Nani): 3 goals..

I don't see why that guy look down on anything African..

"Poor turn out" is the only issue I have against this Egypt Afcon tho!!!
Downgrading anything African just to look or feel "westernized" if there is a word like that, when the whites help them in finishing what they started they would be quick to shout RACISM!
Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo Leads Highest Goal Scorers Ahead Of Final/third-place Playoff by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 16, 2019
Skykid1208:

downgrading anything African just to look or feel "westernised" if there is a word like that, when the whites help them in finishing what they started they would be quick to shout RACISM!
Such attitude reeks of "low self - esteem"!!!
We need to be proud of ourselves..
Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo Leads Highest Goal Scorers Ahead Of Final/third-place Playoff by DonnyE(m): 11:17am On Jul 16, 2019
dfrost:

Omò, over disappointment dey worry me. Mediocre players, mediocre tournament, mediocre continent boasting of individual superstar players.
Africans share, even copa American didn't have 5 goals as the highest goal scorer..calm down jor
Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo Leads Highest Goal Scorers Ahead Of Final/third-place Playoff by DonnyE(m): 11:18am On Jul 16, 2019
amosmosco:

Anyways

*modified*

Oya calm down, go and check copa America and revert highest is about 3 or 4 goals , afcon this year has been very competitive. So calm down
Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo Leads Highest Goal Scorers Ahead Of Final/third-place Playoff by dfrost: 11:19am On Jul 16, 2019
Skykid1208:

Players like?

Tell them!

Skykid1208, try and understand my point: modern day players (all around the world, not only Africa) are not performing very well. I'm not bringing Africa down.
Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo Leads Highest Goal Scorers Ahead Of Final/third-place Playoff by dfrost: 11:20am On Jul 16, 2019
DonnyE:

Oya calm down, go and check copa America and revert highest is about 3 or 4 goals , afcon this year has been very competitive. So calm down

I'm calm. Even the Copa America is no longer at it's peak again. Football is dropping, fashion and tattoo is taking over.
Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo Leads Highest Goal Scorers Ahead Of Final/third-place Playoff by dfrost: 11:24am On Jul 16, 2019
CheedyJ:

4 goals in 6 matches isn't a bad return I guess considering how African football is played...

Well I agree with you. Make we dey manage am as per say na Africa dem born us put. Wey no get choice. cheesy grin wink
Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo Leads Highest Goal Scorers Ahead Of Final/third-place Playoff by dfrost: 11:25am On Jul 16, 2019
eni4real:

You are right. wink
Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo Leads Highest Goal Scorers Ahead Of Final/third-place Playoff by dfrost: 11:26am On Jul 16, 2019
spencekat:
Mane will score two goals against Tunisia in the final

Bros, wetin dey worry u nah? No dey mix your medication. Take morning own for morning, afternoon own for afternoon. shocked
Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo Leads Highest Goal Scorers Ahead Of Final/third-place Playoff by Nobody: 11:26am On Jul 16, 2019
dfrost:

You are right. wink
grin
Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo Leads Highest Goal Scorers Ahead Of Final/third-place Playoff by blowjohn(m): 11:30am On Jul 16, 2019
Melison:
Deadwood,yakubu aigbeni still better pass this guy abeg,too slow,looks lost,misses almost everything shit!!!

He should be banned from wearing socks or boots.
Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo Leads Highest Goal Scorers Ahead Of Final/third-place Playoff by SmartyPants(m): 11:35am On Jul 16, 2019
amosmosco:

Anyways

*modified*

4 goals in 6 games? How many goals did the world cup top scorer get sir?
Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo Leads Highest Goal Scorers Ahead Of Final/third-place Playoff by spencekat(m): 12:08pm On Jul 16, 2019
dfrost:

Bros, wetin dey worry u nah? No dey mix your medication. Take morning own for morning, afternoon own for afternoon. shocked
Back to sender
Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo Leads Highest Goal Scorers Ahead Of Final/third-place Playoff by dfrost: 12:23pm On Jul 16, 2019
spencekat:
Back to sender

cheesy grin
Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo Leads Highest Goal Scorers Ahead Of Final/third-place Playoff by DonnyE(m): 12:26pm On Jul 16, 2019
dfrost:

I'm calm. Even the Copa America is no longer at it's peak again. Football is dropping, fashion and tattoo is taking over.
That's it bro, we need to support our own in Africa. The only downside of the afcon competition so far is the turn out of Spectators , really disappointed at the Egyptians
Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo Leads Highest Goal Scorers Ahead Of Final/third-place Playoff by simplyOJ(m): 12:46pm On Jul 16, 2019
ojmetrix:
akpeyi should be ban from all sporting activities
grin grin grin With all his years of keeping, he still lacks confidence.
Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo Leads Highest Goal Scorers Ahead Of Final/third-place Playoff by mrdrama: 3:15pm On Jul 16, 2019
omonla10:

He just made d mahrez free kick look spectacular.. In fact I'm short of words.. But obviously they were better than us and deserved to lift d cup

just Negodu sad sad sad
Re: AFCON 2019: Ighalo Leads Highest Goal Scorers Ahead Of Final/third-place Playoff by Odunolumide(m): 3:47pm On Jul 16, 2019
amosmosco:

Anyways

*modified*

it doesn't matter ,if I am right Torres won European highest goal scorer with 5 goals, iniesta sneidjer also in 2010 world ,Kane too in 2018 world cup with 5 goals.
There is still a possibility that Ighalo will score more to reach 5 goals.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kylian Mbappe Wins Match Ball For Hat-trick Against Barcelona / Simeone: Ronaldo Is An Animal In Front Of Goal Who Is Hard To Prepare Against / Late Patrick Ekeng's Wife And Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.