Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,965 members, 7,806,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

Ponzi Scheme: SEC Begins Verification Of 4,160 Investors’ Claims - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ponzi Scheme: SEC Begins Verification Of 4,160 Investors’ Claims (12623 Views)

Bernard Madoff: The Man Who Ran The World's Largest Ponzi Scheme Dies / SEC Disowns MBA FOREX Investment, Calls It A Ponzi Scheme / EFCC Recovers N1bn From Ponzi Scheme Suspects In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ponzi Scheme: SEC Begins Verification Of 4,160 Investors’ Claims by Nkemakonam62: 3:32am On Jul 16, 2019
The Securities and Exchange Commission has started verifying claims of 4,160 unpaid investors of the illegal investment scheme organised by Dantata Success and Profitable Company.

SEC had in February sealed off the premises of Dantata Success and Profitable Company in Kano for engaging in illegal capital market activities, saying its investment operations fell within fund management without registration with the commission

It said the company was not registered and that it was using a strategy to solicit funds from unsuspecting members of the public by enticing them with returns of monthly interest on investment of between 25 to 50 per cent, depending on the nature and type of the investment.

The company sold forms to prospective investors according to their investment plans ranging from N1,000 to N3,000, with the minimum amount investable being N50,000 and a maximum amount of N5m.

SEC had first indicated its plans to commence a verification exercise for people who invested with the company in May.

The commission on Monday released a schedule for the verification exercise in a statement, which indicated July 15, 2019 as the commencement date.

The exercise is scheduled to end on July 20, with 4,160 investors undergoing verification.

SEC said investors were required to go along with the original receipts evidencing their payments or bank tellers for deposit into the company’s account, valid means of identification and bank account details.

It said the commencement of the verification exercise was sequel to the appointment of joint administrators/trustees for Dantata Success and Profitable Company and in pursuant to section 13 and 173 of the Investment and Securities Act, and consequent to an Ex parte Order granted by the Federal High Court, Kano.

A total of 478 investors were scheduled for Monday, 780 for Tuesday, 1,272 for Wednesday and Thursday, and 1,630 for Friday and Saturday.

SEC said, “The verification exercise will hold in Kano from 9:00am to 4:00pm daily. All unpaid investors are necessarily advised to attend in person as attendance by proxy is not acceptable.”

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/07/ponzi-scheme-sec-begins-verification-of.html

Re: Ponzi Scheme: SEC Begins Verification Of 4,160 Investors’ Claims by johndik(m): 3:39am On Jul 16, 2019
please keep me updated
Re: Ponzi Scheme: SEC Begins Verification Of 4,160 Investors’ Claims by Bet9jaVirtual: 4:10am On Jul 16, 2019
Bet9ja Virtual is the worst ponzi Scheme our there.
The government should do something about it soon

9 Likes

Re: Ponzi Scheme: SEC Begins Verification Of 4,160 Investors’ Claims by kayusely70(m): 4:14am On Jul 16, 2019
What about the victims of MMM and other simliar schemes?
Re: Ponzi Scheme: SEC Begins Verification Of 4,160 Investors’ Claims by SOFTENGR: 5:33am On Jul 16, 2019
kayusely70:
Greedy people always fall for scam. So it serves them right.

11 Likes

Re: Ponzi Scheme: SEC Begins Verification Of 4,160 Investors’ Claims by lonelydora: 5:58am On Jul 16, 2019
SEC, you guys shouldn't worry because Nigerians do not heed to advice.

Any Ponzi scheme that comes out, they will put head

4 Likes

Re: Ponzi Scheme: SEC Begins Verification Of 4,160 Investors’ Claims by citruslimited(m): 6:01am On Jul 16, 2019
After what MMM did.
Its obvious many have not learnt their lesson s
Re: Ponzi Scheme: SEC Begins Verification Of 4,160 Investors’ Claims by Macdove02(m): 6:04am On Jul 16, 2019
Next please
Re: Ponzi Scheme: SEC Begins Verification Of 4,160 Investors’ Claims by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:10am On Jul 16, 2019
Wealth Solution, Success Wealth, MMM comes to mind.......

Nigerians don suffer sha!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ponzi Scheme: SEC Begins Verification Of 4,160 Investors’ Claims by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:11am On Jul 16, 2019
lonelydora:
SEC, you guys shouldn't worry because Nigerians do not heed to advice.

Any Ponzi scheme that comes out, they will put head

END OF THREAD!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ponzi Scheme: SEC Begins Verification Of 4,160 Investors’ Claims by Pavore9: 6:12am On Jul 16, 2019
citruslimited:
After what MMM did.
Its obvious many have not learnt their lesson s
It is an addiction.
Re: Ponzi Scheme: SEC Begins Verification Of 4,160 Investors’ Claims by lateefx(m): 6:29am On Jul 16, 2019
Hahahaha. Nigerian MMM. Why dem come use dantata name? Possibly to sell the scheme easily
Re: Ponzi Scheme: SEC Begins Verification Of 4,160 Investors’ Claims by Muyiwaipere(m): 6:30am On Jul 16, 2019
Lemme say this house

Ponzi can never leave Nigeria...why??

1.we are greedy
2.we like awoof
3.no job

7 Likes

Re: Ponzi Scheme: SEC Begins Verification Of 4,160 Investors’ Claims by InvertedHammer: 6:31am On Jul 16, 2019
/
It is not a coincidence that about 99% of Nigerians lack financial education. Ask an average, educated Nigerian to define money and you get a dictionary definition of money.

It is fun to stand in awe and watch. What is money? The answer is not as easy as it seems.

/

1 Like

Re: Ponzi Scheme: SEC Begins Verification Of 4,160 Investors’ Claims by miniziter(m): 6:32am On Jul 16, 2019
Even the NORTH forming anything that has to do with interest is HARAM is now king of ponzi. They even have the gut to open an office. Imagine the total of money collected from such number of people.
Re: Ponzi Scheme: SEC Begins Verification Of 4,160 Investors’ Claims by MondayOsunbor(m): 6:34am On Jul 16, 2019
the poverty in the land and APC govt led by illiterate buhari is the cause of all our problem
Re: Ponzi Scheme: SEC Begins Verification Of 4,160 Investors’ Claims by obembet(f): 6:35am On Jul 16, 2019
So aboki too dey scared people., i tot they are saint or only base in terrorist
Re: Ponzi Scheme: SEC Begins Verification Of 4,160 Investors’ Claims by ednut1(m): 6:37am On Jul 16, 2019
kayusely70:
they had no physical or resgisted company
Re: Ponzi Scheme: SEC Begins Verification Of 4,160 Investors’ Claims by HisMajesty1(m): 7:03am On Jul 16, 2019
What of Nospetco oil and gas?
Re: Ponzi Scheme: SEC Begins Verification Of 4,160 Investors’ Claims by tiwiex(m): 7:14am On Jul 16, 2019
kayusely70:
Did they fill any form? Where is MMM office so they can do the same?
Re: Ponzi Scheme: SEC Begins Verification Of 4,160 Investors’ Claims by Meritocracy: 7:15am On Jul 16, 2019
What happened to the one they investigated in 2007, Sec and NDIC are another scam and Ponzi scheme on their own. They are just using government to cover up their atrocities.
Re: Ponzi Scheme: SEC Begins Verification Of 4,160 Investors’ Claims by driand(m): 7:15am On Jul 16, 2019
Before they invest, they knew the consequence, so why worry about them?
Re: Ponzi Scheme: SEC Begins Verification Of 4,160 Investors’ Claims by shurlermoz(m): 7:20am On Jul 16, 2019
kayusely70:
If you can point us to the MMM office where they collected your money then maybe we can help you.
Re: Ponzi Scheme: SEC Begins Verification Of 4,160 Investors’ Claims by alphaNomega: 7:44am On Jul 16, 2019
InvertedHammer:
/
It is not a coincidence that about 99% of Nigerians lack financial education. Ask an average, educated Nigerian to define money and you get a dictionary definition of money.

It is fun to stand in awe and watch. What is money? The answer is not as easy as it seems.

/

Can you tell us? Briefly, what is money?
Re: Ponzi Scheme: SEC Begins Verification Of 4,160 Investors’ Claims by alphaNomega: 7:45am On Jul 16, 2019
tiwiex:

Did they fill any form? Where is MMM office so they can do the same?

SEC has no business with MMM, not even CBN
Re: Ponzi Scheme: SEC Begins Verification Of 4,160 Investors’ Claims by Stillthebest: 9:18am On Jul 16, 2019
Bet9jaVirtual:
Bet9ja Virtual is the worst ponzi Scheme our there.
The government should do something about it soon

Explain pls
Re: Ponzi Scheme: SEC Begins Verification Of 4,160 Investors’ Claims by Senator060: 1:09pm On Jul 16, 2019
Please do anyone know exquisite givers?
Re: Ponzi Scheme: SEC Begins Verification Of 4,160 Investors’ Claims by dominique(f): 7:30pm On Jul 16, 2019
post=80309033:
Wealth Solution, Success Wealth, MMM comes to mind.......

Nigerians don suffer sha!

I lost all my savings as an undergraduate including a large chunk of project money my dad gave me to that particular wealth solution over 10 years ago. Ever since then, I've known better than to invest into shady schemes with ridiculously high returns. It so much baffles me how Nigerians still let these scams thrive despite getting burnt several times. Something must be fundamentally wrong with the average Nigerian.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ponzi Scheme: SEC Begins Verification Of 4,160 Investors’ Claims by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:42pm On Jul 16, 2019
dominique:

I lost all my savings as an undergraduate including a large chunk of project money my dad gave me to that particular wealth solution over 10 years ago. Ever since then, I've known better than to invest into shady schemes with ridiculously high returns. It so much baffles me how Nigerians still let these scams thrive despite getting burnt several times. Something must be fundamentally wrong with the average Nigerian.
You are 100% right with the bolded sis.
Imagine someone still telling us just 3 weeks ago to invest around 2Million into the refurbished MMM, or how she take call am sef!
That she already invested #500,000 into it!

An average Nigerian will always fall for these kind of scams.
And it is caused by nothing but GREEDINESS!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Banks Fail To Account For Nigeria’s $7bn Reserves. / Where Can I Buy Dried Catfish In Cartons ? / Ifeanyi Ubah Dissociates Himself From 2017 Governorship Campaign Posters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.