Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,520 members, 7,801,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding (15311 Views)

Shop All You Need For Your Wedding With Myusabuy4us . / What You Need For Your Next Occasion / What You Need For Your Events (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by ehi4life(m): 12:20pm On Oct 12, 2010
Hi Naira lamders,

I am 28 and want to get married early next year (prob outside Lagos) .
I need an idea how much it would cost and the logistics needed.

NB I am a regular Lagos worker nothing fantastic.  grin

Thanks
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by snthesis(m): 1:05pm On Oct 12, 2010
ask ur babe- its not ur day u knw
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by 190: 1:16pm On Oct 12, 2010
well i seriously dont know!
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by Cutier(f): 1:20pm On Oct 12, 2010
Consult event planners.
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by sexy74(m): 2:22pm On Oct 12, 2010
[color=#006600][/color]@ poster

everything on what you can afford.

you should first of all know about.

1) cost of hall which will include decorations an all that will make the venue to the taste you will like it.

2) no of guest expected plus crashers so you know how many mouths to feed.

3) what kind of drinks do you want to serve on the venue ( only soft drinks or with alcohol)

4) who is providing the wedding gown and all the woman needs that day to make her look good

5) your suit who is paying for it and all you need to make you need good.

6)do you have intention of giving out sourveniers and what type.

7) what kind of entertainment do you in respect of music ( your church band or a DJ)

cool contingencies

if you have put value on all this based on your pocket or will i say the money you have.

then you will have an idea on how much to spend.

But all i will say is that make sure that you have what you will live with after the wedding.
no matter how much you spend for a wedding that does not make it succesful but good planning and organization.

wishing you the best.[b][/b]
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by monkeyleg: 1:29pm On Oct 13, 2010
All depends on what kind of wedding you want. The spectrum is very broad. How many guests?
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by JUO(m): 1:45pm On Oct 13, 2010
Curios
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by ireneann: 2:00pm On Oct 13, 2010
@poster: You just said outside Lagos, which is a very vague description if I must say. Give us a specific area or location and you will have responses pouring in.
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 13, 2010
assuming a 350k budget. can u help split d money on every thing the money should be wisely spent on ( assuming its to be held in ph )
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by spikedcylinder: 2:01pm On Oct 13, 2010
I think you should have a budget and plan around that budget instead of leaving it open and getting in trouble later.
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by maxtop(m): 2:02pm On Oct 13, 2010
Now that the dollar has weighed much against naira, i think you will need up to 2million, grin grin grin
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by hinduism(f): 2:07pm On Oct 13, 2010
@maxtop:

2 million naira to do what? For what? just to get marry? after spending that much they will start fasting and drinking garri,i can't advice my man to spent that much on our wedding day,court wedding is enough for me,i need that money to take care of my family

1 Like

Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by Tozilly(m): 2:08pm On Oct 13, 2010
You are not yet ready as no amount is too big or small. You're the one that knows what and how you want it to be.
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by r231(m): 2:16pm On Oct 13, 2010
whats a regular Wedding?

wedding is wedding and you will still spend a lot regardless

at least 1M for what you call regular

and 3M above for big ones
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by shadrach77: 2:17pm On Oct 13, 2010
if you have 500k you would be cool  grin grin
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by slim14(m): 2:24pm On Oct 13, 2010
ma broda, the most important thing is,
make sure you get pushed,
cos what comes thereafter is all that matters,
use your head, it's important!
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by Phate07(m): 2:31pm On Oct 13, 2010
Ask your better half what she thinks, but remember its your money. cheesy
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by Exponental(m): 2:50pm On Oct 13, 2010
what's ur definition for REGULAR?

dos it mean u will use a regular benz, regular plastic chairs, regular drink (pure water only), bla bla bla
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

My brother i wish u best in ur plans but the truth is, cut ur coat accoding to the ur size and quantity of material available.
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by fender(m): 2:51pm On Oct 13, 2010
I'm learning ooo. Right now i'm wearing the same shoes he's wearing.
Thank Nlanders. More advices please!!
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by Exponental(m): 2:54pm On Oct 13, 2010
Most of the rich men of today had their moneys after their marriages. Dont let money discourage u.
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by buttermi: 3:01pm On Oct 13, 2010
DAYO ON 08039225128,WE CAN PLAN UR EVENT FOR U
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by friendl: 3:10pm On Oct 13, 2010
bros,there is no amount that is too much for a wedding, but be very careful with your spending because there is life after the wedding, don't run into debts,,
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by johndavid1(m): 3:36pm On Oct 13, 2010
Exponental:

what's your definition for REGULAR?

dos it mean u will use a regular benz, regular plastic chairs, regular drink (pure water only), bla bla bla
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

My brother i wish u best in your plans but the truth is, cut your coat accoding to the your size and quantity of material available.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin dats funny!!
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by oisehumen(m): 3:41pm On Oct 13, 2010
friendl:

bros,there is no amount that is too much for a wedding, but be very careful with your spending because there is life after the wedding, don't run into debts,,

Gbam grin Gbam grin Gbam grin
A word, they say, is enough for the wise.
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 13, 2010
We must change our orientation as Africans. Today, we celebrates double wedding ceremonies due to our colonial experience. The engagement i.e. the traditional wedding is original to Africa. However, the church or registry was borrowed from Europeans. Spending on double-wedding is a waste. U can register your marriage with little or no cost at the registry and go to church for marriage blessing without crowds, and later do the main thing "African traditional wedding". BEST OF LUCK.
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by palma(f): 3:54pm On Oct 13, 2010
My brother u really can't get what u want from us unless u know what u want. My idea of a regular wedding might differ from urs. Everything is upto u, but my advice to u is dat [color=Black]DON'T WAIT FOR BIG MONEY TO ROLL IN BEFORE U PLAN. U can start your planning right now, U don't have to get a wedding planner on a small budget. Yes they plan everything right for you BUT you are still going to pay them, so i don't really call that saving costs. Look u can start buying things now cuz waiting and saving towards it might not really work cuz u might dip your hands into dat saved money. Whatever money u have now make a list and get what u can buy from d money at hand. To be sincere with u not even 1m can help u if u don't start now.[/color]
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 13, 2010
Traditional marriage wont be higher than 5m in the East, 1m in the West and about 50,000 in the North.
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by kufreabasi(m): 3:57pm On Oct 13, 2010
sexy74:

[color=#006600][/color]@ poster

everything on what you can afford.

you should first of all know about.

1) cost of hall which will include decorations an all that will make the venue to the taste you will like it.

2) no of guest expected plus crashers so you know how many mouths to feed.

3) what kind of drinks do you want to serve on the venue ( only soft drinks or with alcohol)

4) who is providing the wedding gown and all the woman needs that day to make her look good

5) your suit who is paying for it and all you need to make you need good.

6)do you have intention of giving out sourveniers and what type.

7) what kind of entertainment do you in respect of music ( your church band or a DJ)

cool contingencies

if you have put value on all this based on your pocket or will i say the money you have.

then you will have an idea on how much to spend.

But all i will say is that make sure that you have what you will live with after the wedding.
no matter how much you spend for a wedding that does not make it succesful but good planning and organization.

wishing you the best.[b][/b]

I believe you have all these listed items in your shop to give him?

@poster, why not get to where you want to marry and ask of everything about the marital recquirement of that place to make your marriage easy?
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by denony(m): 3:59pm On Oct 13, 2010
people do plan for 100k wedding
it depends on how u want to plan it
large-big-medium-small-little  grin
how many guests, where are and how.
a friend of mine planed his, after church, the invitees assembled in his residence for refreshment, and it was well organised with not up to 100 guests
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by ollypass: 4:03pm On Oct 13, 2010
africanist:

We must change our orientation as Africans. Today, we celebrates double wedding ceremonies due to our colonial experience. The engagement i.e. the traditional wedding is original to Africa. However, the church or registry was borrowed from Europeans. Spending on double-wedding is a waste. U can register your marriage with little or no cost at the registry and go to church for marriage blessing without crowds, and later do the main thing "African traditional wedding". BEST OF LUCK.

Hmm Africanist, food for thought, good thought i dare say. but even if the brother is lucky to find a sister who is not pushed by desperation and is ready to follow this your low key advice am not sure her family members would want to hear of it especially if the couples are from the demographic location the poster was hinting at.
But then like you said African orientation,if not how many westerners do traditional marriage when we go ahead to do court, traditional and church wedding?
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by puskin: 4:03pm On Oct 13, 2010
@poster. . . . .and how regular do U want ya wedding to be??  undecided undecided
Re: How Much Do I Need For A Regular Wedding by btlasisi(m): 4:10pm On Oct 13, 2010
ehi4life:

Hi Naira lamders,

I am 28 and want to get married early next year (prob outside Lagos) .
I need an idea how much it would cost and the logistics needed.

NB I am a regular Lagos worker nothing fantastic.  grin

Thanks 

You need to be specific about your enquiry.

Type of wedding,Place of wedding, tribe of your spouse, and your social afaffiliationsll put together will influence the cost of your wedding.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Most Used Event Centre In Ojodu/ikeja / FoodClique Feeds Over 1000 Residents of Ebute Meta - Community Kitchen / National Peace Awards 2019 Holds In Style In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.