Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

How To Create A Mobile App From Website: No Coding! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Create A Mobile App From Website: No Coding! (657 Views)

Suggest A Mobile App That Has Been Helpful To You / At What Age Should A Child Be Allowed To Have A Mobile Phone With Internet? / A Nairalander Built A Mobile Phone Charger (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Create A Mobile App From Website: No Coding! by beelson: 3:59am On Jul 16, 2019
How to create a mobile app from website

Hello friends!

In my previous post (how to monetize mobile app) I told you that I will discuss here with you some platforms/websites that you can create app without coding or programing. Well, today I have come up with a great platform that you can create any kind of mobile app of your choice without coding.

Actually, your mind will tell you this "there are many programming-related things, I have tried at least once in my life such as web development, desktop development, cloud computing, functional programming, distributed computing, artificial intelligence, IoT, page styling with CSS (sic!) and many others. However, there’s one popular programming area I’ve never tried and I think I’ve been always scared of – mobile development."

There are several reasons for that which might be one of the followings:
I’m not a smartphone freak
I still favor web over mobile
I don’t want to waste my time on discovering this area rather than developing myself in web development
I know neither Java nor Kotlin
I don’t know Xamarin

Every excuse is good here, right?

But it's cool when you can develop app and start making money from it. Even if you are doing some offline business at least you should not be left behind when it comes to online earning or digital marketing. A lot of people make money in their bed without even bother to go outside and hustle.

Now aday, Google provide everything to us. With Google you can learn something new and embrace it. A lot of internet hustlers have been making a cool cash because they dedicated their time to learn something new online.

I always dropped emphasis on app developing because is a baby-dagital-marketing that is coming up without much competition.

If you can give your time to learn this within a very short period of time I believe you will join the leading team of app developers.

Besides making money online, I know everybody want to be recognized in his/her society. You will love to hear that about 100,000 people are using your mobile app from different angles of the world. To me, this is a BIG and WORTHY reputation. And guess what?

When your app is getting such downloads on play store you will come back here and reward me for introducing you to this mighty digital marketing.

Let's not keep the story long. Let's get started!

What is Thunkable?

Thunkable is a web platform which allows you to create mobile applications for Android and iOS without any programming knowledge.

RECENT POSTS: how to minimize mobile app

AdSense or admob: which is best for my online marketing

But if you think that simplicity, in this case, causes lack of capabilities for more advanced apps – you’re wrong! Without further ado, let’s see Tunkable in action.

The platform can be found at thunkable.com and it uses your Google account for registration and login. After choosing OS (Android, iOS) you can create a new app by clicking the button in the top-left corner.

After choosing a name you should see user interface of an editor:

The editor has two available modes. The first one is Designer in which you can create/arrange each screen of your app. Adding components is very intuitive and it comes to drag and drop items from a left-side section called Pallete.

What is worth mentioning is that items don’t necessarily have to be "visible” objects (like buttons or labels) but can be also "hardware” components like proximity sensor.

The central part of the designer presents an overview of a currently selected screen and allows you to select a specific item. The item can be then modified using right-site pannel called Properties, so you can adjust size, font, colors, position, visibility and many more.

I’d say that for all of you who have ever done any WPF this should be very similar experience � But now we got to the fun part.

How the heck do we program the behavior of each component if there’s no coding involved?

Here we need a smart running not coding. I always call it a "smart running" as it's fun to integrate the building blocks using… UI!

The whole programming language is nothing more but set of visual blocks which need to be connected properly.

The whole coding process seems more like building from LEGO rather than "serious software engineering” but trust me it’s still very interesting and sometimes challenging.

Because it’s something completely different from our everyday work, it’s so awesome!

To start coding you need to switch editor’s view from designer” to blocks.

You should see the following screen:

thunkable by bilaltechi

Once again the UI is very intuitive. From the left-side menu, you can select a block and drag it to the central workspace to create a program.

All blocks are well categorized so you shouldn’t have any trouble with finding a specific one. What’s cool is that besides standard blocks that represent

programming language features (loops, if-else, math operations etc.) you can also find plenty different blocks related to the specific component from UI.

Here’s an example of a button’s blocks:

So, we know how to design the UI and how to add behavior to it. In my next post we would create a sample app on thunkable which I'm going to show you the step-by-step with screenshots.

I suggest you should subscribe to my blog to get my latest updates when I had a new post in this blog. You can also download my chat app so that we can keep in touch there and ask me any questions of your choice.

Hit join us to download chatbuk.

If you think this post is worth to share please spread the love on social media using the social icons above. Thanks for hanging around with us!

MIGHT BE USEFUL: how to monetize mobile app

AdSense or admob: which is best for my online marketing

SOURCE: https://bilal-apptechi..com/2019/07/how-to-create-a-mobile-app-from-website.html?m=1

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Black 64gb / This Smart Pampers Can Monitors Your Baby’s Sleep And Pee / Need A Swift Working Sim Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.