Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

We’re Still Studying Obasanjo’s Letter – ACF - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’re Still Studying Obasanjo’s Letter – ACF (16427 Views)

Sadiya Farouq: I Am Still Studying N-power Files To Know Real Essence / Xenophobia: Obasanjo’s Letter To South Africa's Mangosuthu Buthelezi / Lai Mohammed Disobeyed Me By Replying Obasanjo’s Letter – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

We’re Still Studying Obasanjo’s Letter – ACF by dorothybella(f): 6:53am On Jul 16, 2019
The Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF) has reacted to the open letter to President Muhammadu Buhari by former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

Obasanjo in the letter released by his media aide, Kehinde Akinyemi, had expressed worry over high level of insecurity in the country.

He called on the President to take decisive action to prevent the situation from escalating into a full-blown crisis.

According to the letter: “I am very much worried and afraid that we are on the precipice and dangerously reaching a tipping point where it may no longer be possible to hold danger at bay.

“Without being immodest, as a Nigerian who still bears the scar of the Nigerian civil war on my body and with a son who bears the scar of fighting Boko Haram on his body, you can understand, I hope, why I am so concerned.”

Reacting, the ACF said it was still studying the letter and will speak on it soon.

“Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF) is studying Chief Olusegun Obasanjo’s open letter to President Muhammadu Buhari and will make it’s position known soon,” the National Publicity Secretary, Muhammad Ibrahim Biu, told the Nation newspaper.

He did not give further details.

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/still-studying-obasanjos-letter-acf/

Re: We’re Still Studying Obasanjo’s Letter – ACF by Wizklynd23(m): 6:54am On Jul 16, 2019
Study the letter very well what I expect from ACF is a positive reactions

Re: We’re Still Studying Obasanjo’s Letter – ACF by escodotman: 6:59am On Jul 16, 2019
Lol. Someone should ask the Northerners what is there to study? Imagine Nigeria without the North.... The other day, some misguided Northern students protested that they want ruga, the school they attend was established and still maintained by the resources from the South. The money FG budgets for Defence to keep their region from turning to Somalia and Afghanistan is gotten from the South. They should be grateful that Luggard joined them with the South. If Nigeria is working well, only Southerners should be President of this country.

117 Likes 6 Shares

Re: We’re Still Studying Obasanjo’s Letter – ACF by lordparcel: 7:01am On Jul 16, 2019
It is a Family Affair

IPOD Yoots should mind their business

Re: We’re Still Studying Obasanjo’s Letter – ACF by Nobody: 7:01am On Jul 16, 2019
Have they finished studying their books ? What can one expect from a group who enjoys spending time in studying cows ?

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Still Studying Obasanjo’s Letter – ACF by Jasen1(m): 7:04am On Jul 16, 2019
Tell buhari to act now

Re: We’re Still Studying Obasanjo’s Letter – ACF by dante0147: 7:04am On Jul 16, 2019
Lol checking and balancing!
Re: We’re Still Studying Obasanjo’s Letter – ACF by Racoon(m): 7:05am On Jul 16, 2019
The Northern Elders.........has stated that insecurity in the north is worse under Buhari.Chairman of the Northern Elders Forum, Prof Ango Abdullahi, who revealed that insecurity in the north is worse under Buhari than when Goodluck Jonathan was leading the country, added that the President is not doing enough to salvage the situation.
https://unclesuru.com/2019/05/08/insecurity-in-north-worse-under-buhari-northern-elders/
What are you studying in a letter depicting the already known failure of leadership that your son-President Buhari has failed to provide and even attested to by the likes of Sheik Gumi, Ango Abdullahi, Shehu of Borno, emir of Daura?

19 Likes

Re: We’re Still Studying Obasanjo’s Letter – ACF by helinues: 7:05am On Jul 16, 2019
And who are the ACF?

Re: We’re Still Studying Obasanjo’s Letter – ACF by ogashman(m): 7:07am On Jul 16, 2019
Study it well but don't spew trash afterwards

Book ur flights tickets with us

Re: We’re Still Studying Obasanjo’s Letter – ACF by madmohamed(m): 7:08am On Jul 16, 2019
dorothybella:
The Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF) has reacted to the open letter to President Muhammadu Buhari by former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

Obasanjo in the letter released by his media aide, Kehinde Akinyemi, had expressed worry over high level of insecurity in the country.

He called on the President to take decisive action to prevent the situation from escalating into a full-blown crisis.

According to the letter: “I am very much worried and afraid that we are on the precipice and dangerously reaching a tipping point where it may no longer be possible to hold danger at bay.

“Without being immodest, as a Nigerian who still bears the scar of the Nigerian civil war on my body and with a son who bears the scar of fighting Boko Haram on his body, you can understand, I hope, why I am so concerned.”

Reacting, the ACF said it was still studying the letter and will speak on it soon.

“Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF) is studying Chief Olusegun Obasanjo’s open letter to President Muhammadu Buhari and will make it’s position known soon,” the National Publicity Secretary, Muhammad Ibrahim Biu, told the Nation newspaper.

He did not give further details.

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/still-studying-obasanjos-letter-acf/
you have nothing to say,how many months you want use to study just a letter.

Re: We’re Still Studying Obasanjo’s Letter – ACF by Nobody: 7:09am On Jul 16, 2019
Study it well

Shey abokey dey do degree
Re: We’re Still Studying Obasanjo’s Letter – ACF by MobilityExpress: 7:09am On Jul 16, 2019
NASA is already working towards landing people on Mars but we are still here talking about RUGA camps for terrorists. Please who has American citizenship he is not using again, abeg grin

Re: We’re Still Studying Obasanjo’s Letter – ACF by daddytime(m): 7:09am On Jul 16, 2019
The letter na JAMB question paper?

I wished the Nigeran economy could be studied this meticulously.

This ACF guys dey overhype themselves o I swear.

How many cows dem don fit study to tell me how many days/steps e dey take one cow or group of cows to trek from Sokoto to Benin.

Na the cow meat be my major concern because the way the meat dey kakaraka after all the trekking dey tire me honestly.

To this end, I say...RUGA fall on ACF

Re: We’re Still Studying Obasanjo’s Letter – ACF by Pavore9: 7:09am On Jul 16, 2019
But choose not to study what is sustaining Boko Haram!

Re: We’re Still Studying Obasanjo’s Letter – ACF by princeade86(m): 7:09am On Jul 16, 2019
u will study till thy kingdom come. so herdsmen give u warning, within 24 hours, u studying the contents of the letter. obasanjo that u can't threaten.
Re: We’re Still Studying Obasanjo’s Letter – ACF by globalresource: 7:09am On Jul 16, 2019
Morons....

Re: We’re Still Studying Obasanjo’s Letter – ACF by SanusiGworo: 7:09am On Jul 16, 2019
The letter was written to the federal government, remind me when ACF became the federal government.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We’re Still Studying Obasanjo’s Letter – ACF by Hotzone(m): 7:09am On Jul 16, 2019
Studying the English or contains?
Re: We’re Still Studying Obasanjo’s Letter – ACF by jojo1415: 7:10am On Jul 16, 2019
Continue studying........useless government!!!!!
Re: We’re Still Studying Obasanjo’s Letter – ACF by donbachi(m): 7:10am On Jul 16, 2019
I knew they will come up with something stupid...study,as if na university degree...people dat cannot study budget or come up with ministerial list....c'mon letter.if una like make una study am for 4years.

Re: We’re Still Studying Obasanjo’s Letter – ACF by YolobaMuslim: 7:10am On Jul 16, 2019
We are inseparable with our Fulani masters Obasanjo is wasting his time.

Re: We’re Still Studying Obasanjo’s Letter – ACF by Nobody: 7:10am On Jul 16, 2019
AYE AFRICA
Re: We’re Still Studying Obasanjo’s Letter – ACF by Melison(m): 7:10am On Jul 16, 2019
Las Las the dullard go sweep the matter under carpet jare, Nigeria under this administration is a joke of a country,if it's Jonathan now protests would have reached aso Villa,but blind people like that suya guy will keep supporting the biggest joke of their time

Re: We’re Still Studying Obasanjo’s Letter – ACF by tsinzu: 7:15am On Jul 16, 2019
You're still studying obasanjo's letter, is the letter a university course

Re: We’re Still Studying Obasanjo’s Letter – ACF by Onyi90(m): 7:16am On Jul 16, 2019
They should keep studying
Re: We’re Still Studying Obasanjo’s Letter – ACF by driand(m): 7:17am On Jul 16, 2019

still studying? How many unit course is the letter?

I hope they pass the study sha...

Nigeria sitting on a keg of gun powder...

Re: We’re Still Studying Obasanjo’s Letter – ACF by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:17am On Jul 16, 2019
FROM THE ARCHIVES: CHINUA ACHEBE'S LETTER TO OBASANJO (2004)

My Dear President Obasanjo,

I write this letter with a very heavy heart. For some time now I have watched events in Nigeria with alarm and dismay. I have watched particularly the chaos in my own state of Anambra where a small clique of renegades, openly boasting its connections in high places, seems determined to turn my homeland into a bankrupt and lawless fiefdom. I am appalled by the brazenness of this clique and the silence, if not connivance, of the Presidency.

Forty three years ago, at the first anniversary of Nigeria’s independence I was given the first Nigerian National Trophy for Literature. In 1979, I received two further honors – the Nigerian National Order of Merit and the Order of the Federal Republic – and in 1999 the first National Creativity Award.

I accepted all these honors fully aware that Nigeria was not perfect; but I had a strong belief that we would outgrow our shortcomings under leaders committed to uniting our diverse peoples.

Nigeria’s condition today under your watch is, however, too dangerous for silence. I must register my disappointment and protest by declining to accept the high honor awarded me in the 2004 Honors List.

Yours faithfully,

Chinua Achebe
Annandale-on-Hudson, New York

Where is Obasanjo's reply to the above letter?

If only Boko haram did not enter our country when this same man was the president

Re: We’re Still Studying Obasanjo’s Letter – ACF by mejai(m): 7:20am On Jul 16, 2019
Even with expo, they still won't understand the letter. They will only reply with insults.
Re: We’re Still Studying Obasanjo’s Letter – ACF by driand(m): 7:20am On Jul 16, 2019
post=80310155:
If only Boko haram did not enter our country when this same man was the president
mumu,

Re: We’re Still Studying Obasanjo’s Letter – ACF by hisexcellency34: 7:20am On Jul 16, 2019
If it's Jonathan now, they would have reacted sharperly

How Can I Get A Gun? / Tambuwal Receives 2400 PDP Defectors / BREAKING !! Massive Pro-Biafran Protests In London Pictures