Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,702 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

Online Job Applications - How I Got A New Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Online Job Applications - How I Got A New Job (1892 Views)

How To Follow-Up On Job Applications / 4 Reasons You Don't Get Interviews After Your Job Applications / Got A New Job January 3rd After So Many Months Of Searching In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Online Job Applications - How I Got A New Job by ritux: 12:38pm On Jul 16, 2019
Here is just a short testimony and to encourage others not to ever give up.

I was working with a construction company sometime ago until our project was completed sometime mid last year and the company was not getting new projects. As construction companies are, unfortunately I was among those that was laid off despite all my loyalty, contribution and sacrifices to the success of the company as I was one of the best Employee.

Getting a new job wasn’t easy. Everyday I get job notifications from jobberman, hot nigeria jobs....etc. I also checked online for other job vacancies. Nothing positive was coming.

I started UBER/Taxify with my car to make ends meet. Everyday I go out with my laptop and when I’m not carrying a passenger, I park somewhere and continue my online job hunting inside my car until I get a pickup request.

Anyways, when I see online applications especially here on nairaland, I see people posting online applications don’t work or things like this position has already been occupied blah blah blah.....etc. However, I never gave up. I kept on applying even for jobs beyond my number of years of experience as long as they are within my field and background.

Fast forward to June 2019, I got interview invitation for 2 different jobs. The first one, I’m still expecting feedback after passing 2 stages of interview. The second one which is a testimony, I got employment offer on Friday with a basic monthly salary of over NGN800k plus excluding other allowances and bonus.

The reason for this post is never to give up in online job applications. It doesn’t take anything to to create time and apply no matter what you think.

Below are screenshots of my saved job applications. For each job I apply, I save them because I always tweak my CV to fit into the particular job. Not just sending generic CV and also to know which CV and cover letter I submitted to a particular organization if I am invited for interview.

NB: Kindly note that not all jobs are gotten through connections and recommendations. There are several jobs out there you can get on merit and God's favour.

7 Likes

Re: Online Job Applications - How I Got A New Job by ritux: 12:39pm On Jul 16, 2019
more applications

Re: Online Job Applications - How I Got A New Job by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 16, 2019
ritux:

I was working with a construction company sometime ago until our project was completed sometime mid last year and the company was not getting new projects. As construction companies are, unfortunately I was among those that was laid off despite all my loyalty, contribution and sacrifices to the success of the company as I was one of the best Employee.

Getting a new job wasn’t easy. Everyday I get job notifications from jobberman, hot nigeria jobs....etc. I also checked online for other job vacancies. Nothing positive was coming.

I started UBER/Taxify with my car to make ends meet. Everyday I go out with my laptop and when I’m not carrying a passenger, I park somewhere and continue my online job hunting inside my car until I get a pickup request.

Anyways, when I see online applications especially here on nairaland, I see people posting online applications don’t work or things like this position has already been occupied blah blah blah.....etc. However, I never gave up. I kept on applying even for jobs beyond my number of years of experience as long as they are within my field and background.

Fast forward to June 2019, I got interview invitation for 2 different jobs. The first one, I’m still expecting feedback after passing 2 stages of interview. The second one which is a testimony, I got employment offer on Friday with a basic monthly salary of over 800k plus excluding other allowances and bonus.

The reason for this post is never to give up in online job applications. It doesn’t take anything to to create time and apply no matter what you think.

Below are screenshots of my saved job applications. For each job I apply, I save them because I always tweak my CV to fit into the particular job. Not just sending generic CV.

NB: Kindly note that not all jobs are gotten through connections and recommendations. There are several jobs out there you can get on merit and God's favour.

Chief, the story is quite similar to my predicament. I was working with a building construction company as a Logistics officer at ikoyi, a job i got few weeks after my youth service in 2016 but i had to leave in January when building contracts were not forthcoming and we were owed backlogs of salaries. The pay was not great (#50k) but it took care of my basic needs (food, shelter (split rent with my brother) , transport fare and reaching out to my family back home in ijebu) .
When I left the job, i had no clear cut idea of what next to do than to apply for jobs. It's been 6 months since i left and nothing is forthcoming even after 2 interviews with a Facility management company at V. i and an Outsourcing company at Yaba.
Need i say, i lost a year old relationship with someone i thought we were meant to be together. She was introduced to me by one of my colleague and the going was strong when i had that job ( i used to reach out to her too, create time to take her out anytime she visits her family in Lagos, moral support while she was chasing a 2.1 in her final year), I thought she was sweet and would stand by me no matter what, but she gave up some flimsy excuses of how her mother despised Ijebu men, how my being a Christian is not enough (She want a spirit filled person) , how she doesn't attend orthodox churches (i worship at Redeemed Church but was raised an Anglican) and all those crooked stories. I had to let go because i don't want a small girl to play mind games with me ( She's 23 while I'm 27).
Last month, I had to speak my Aunt to loan me some bucks so i could add it up to what i had left after investing in a plantain plantation at ijebu and get a small car to drive on Uber & taxify platform.
I'm not sure how to go about this but with what you put up here, i think i can draw some strength from it.
Thank you sir and don't forget to have people like me in your prayers. I believe in other people's happiness because it meant that one day i might have it too.

7 Likes

Re: Online Job Applications - How I Got A New Job by sulaimon22: 1:47pm On Jul 16, 2019
That's Great
Re: Online Job Applications - How I Got A New Job by Femolacaster(m): 3:21pm On Jul 16, 2019
ritux:

Fast forward to June 2019, I got interview invitation for 2 different jobs. The first one, I’m still expecting feedback after passing 2 stages of interview. The second one which is a testimony, I got employment offer on Friday with a basic monthly salary of over NGN800k plus excluding other allowances and bonus.

Below are screenshots of my saved job applications. For each job I apply, I save them because I always tweak my CV to fit into the particular job. Not just sending generic CV.

Congrat bro, I tap your annointing
Re: Online Job Applications - How I Got A New Job by Shezkid: 3:26pm On Jul 16, 2019
Congrats man...
Re: Online Job Applications - How I Got A New Job by janejive(f): 3:29pm On Jul 16, 2019
Congratulations
Re: Online Job Applications - How I Got A New Job by fabem(m): 6:15pm On Jul 16, 2019
ritux:

Congratulations sir.
Re: Online Job Applications - How I Got A New Job by Niyiboi: 6:21pm On Jul 16, 2019
Congrats! May God give u the grace to perform your duties effectively!
Re: Online Job Applications - How I Got A New Job by ucheuzor1(m): 7:30pm On Jul 16, 2019
congrats sir. God makes everything perfect in His time.
Re: Online Job Applications - How I Got A New Job by ujunwa64: 8:23pm On Jul 16, 2019
congrats...
Re: Online Job Applications - How I Got A New Job by Waksdabos(m): 9:33pm On Jul 16, 2019
Congrats. Thanks for the share. Very encouraging.
Re: Online Job Applications - How I Got A New Job by merit455(m): 9:34pm On Jul 16, 2019
Lies
Re: Online Job Applications - How I Got A New Job by ritux: 11:15pm On Jul 16, 2019
Niyiboi:
Congrats! May God give u the grace to perform your duties effectively!

Amen. Thanks
Re: Online Job Applications - How I Got A New Job by emmyzy19(m): 11:22pm On Jul 16, 2019
I'm happy for u bro keep on praying for me cause I'm going through heal now .seriously need a job
Re: Online Job Applications - How I Got A New Job by Abeos(m): 8:37am On Jul 17, 2019
Waoh congratulations. Perseverance is quite important in job hunting, God help us
Re: Online Job Applications - How I Got A New Job by InfinixMine: 11:22am On Jul 17, 2019
Re: Online Job Applications - How I Got A New Job by ritux: 1:06pm On Jul 17, 2019
InfinixMine:

Please kindly help with the different templates and formats of CV

What I meant by tweaking was aligning my experience and job description with that of the job advert.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Online Job Applications - How I Got A New Job by phrase(m): 1:53pm On Jul 17, 2019
I tap into this testimony. I'm the next in line for such testimony
Re: Online Job Applications - How I Got A New Job by ayommy12: 3:05pm On Jul 17, 2019
Waoh! I congratulate you bro and am glad for you. I strongly claim this for my husband, a 6 year old graduate of Geology. God's unquestionable favour for all job hunters in Jesus name.

[quote authorized=ritux post=80320360]Here is just a short testimony and to encourage others not to ever give up.

NB: Kindly note that not all jobs are gotten through connections and recommendations. There are several jobs out there you can get on merit and God's favour.[/quote]
Re: Online Job Applications - How I Got A New Job by Abubaka50(m): 3:15pm On Jul 17, 2019
congratulations sir am believing God for my own testimony
Re: Online Job Applications - How I Got A New Job by ritux: 8:26am On Jul 18, 2019
ayommy12:

Waoh! I congratulate you bro and am glad for you. I strongly claim this for my husband, a 6 year old graduate of Geology. God's unquestionable favour for all job hunters in Jesus name.

I pray your husband's situation changes for good before the end of the year. All through my jobless period, my wife was always supportive and encouraging me. She virtually took up the responsibility of managing the home because she had a job.

1 Like

Re: Online Job Applications - How I Got A New Job by Gerrard59(m): 9:41pm On Jul 26, 2020
Tensazangetsu20,

Your notion of applying to lots of jobs has been proven to be true. I saw not less than 30 CVs there and as expected, just one is needed and he got it! Determination + perseverance = success.

Lalasticlala, what do you say?

(1) (Reply)

Accommodation In Ibadan / Bankphb Test Coming Up / Exxonmobil Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.