Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,609 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

Albinos In Tanzania Are Being Hunted For Their Limbs - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Albinos In Tanzania Are Being Hunted For Their Limbs (39355 Views)

Gay Man Hunted And Gang Raped By Police Officers In Qatar / Meet The Heir Of Osama Bin Laden Being Hunted By The United States / Saudi Arabia Hunted For Israeli Technology (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Albinos In Tanzania Are Being Hunted For Their Limbs by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 16, 2019
Africans and their 5th century warped beliefs. When referred to as shithole countries now, people would take umbrage.

1 Like

Re: Albinos In Tanzania Are Being Hunted For Their Limbs by symbianDON(m): 4:16pm On Jul 16, 2019
in the dark continent, anything goes......
Re: Albinos In Tanzania Are Being Hunted For Their Limbs by Greatzeus(m): 4:20pm On Jul 16, 2019
Africa shocked
Africa shocked
Africa shocked
Even Tanzania limps mining?
Re: Albinos In Tanzania Are Being Hunted For Their Limbs by Nmezor(f): 4:22pm On Jul 16, 2019
Not a new tale... I heard about it some years back,but then are they still into this barbaric act It ain't cool one bit
Re: Albinos In Tanzania Are Being Hunted For Their Limbs by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 16, 2019
wickedness in low places
Re: Albinos In Tanzania Are Being Hunted For Their Limbs by bisoye11(m): 4:25pm On Jul 16, 2019
Emrixx:
Wetin person no go see for this life
You black oyibo go take u shine
You be albino Dem use u for ritual
What a continent

Fine girl
Re: Albinos In Tanzania Are Being Hunted For Their Limbs by mamajj17(f): 4:28pm On Jul 16, 2019
Cioccolata:
Africa is a shìt hole continent.

My dear, i regret my both Parents ever had me there undecided
Re: Albinos In Tanzania Are Being Hunted For Their Limbs by ceejay80s(m): 4:35pm On Jul 16, 2019
toydee:
I just hope the madness doesn't get here..

Are u an albino?
Re: Albinos In Tanzania Are Being Hunted For Their Limbs by dingbang(m): 4:42pm On Jul 16, 2019
Let us emancipate ourselves from mental slavery

1 Like

Re: Albinos In Tanzania Are Being Hunted For Their Limbs by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 4:44pm On Jul 16, 2019
slyfox35:
Backward Continent, A continent that could turn Gods own people "the isrealites" into slaves, what do you expect

I don't understand??
Is that why such things are happening??
Re: Albinos In Tanzania Are Being Hunted For Their Limbs by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 4:46pm On Jul 16, 2019
toydee:
I just hope the madness doesn't get here..

Especially the south west.
Re: Albinos In Tanzania Are Being Hunted For Their Limbs by Litmus: 4:47pm On Jul 16, 2019
Tanzania, TANZANIA, which one bu Africa? angry You’re all suddenly shy now when you’re all usually bold if it was Nigeria, were we'd be inundated with Shithole Nigeria comments. Incidentally, in civilised Nigeria the worst that happens to Albinos is that some people will not marry them, which is understandable. And, some people may be surprised to know, in Nigeria Albinos sometimes turn up their noses at ordinary Nigerians, acting as if they are whites. In fact, I know one Benin man in London married to an Albino. The woman does hair blond and, I swear goes on all superior, superior. So please, as a Nigerian I will accept none of that Africa is a Dark Continent rubbish, restrict your ire to Tanzania please. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Albinos In Tanzania Are Being Hunted For Their Limbs by GenFunction: 4:56pm On Jul 16, 2019
afin don get value o....
Re: Albinos In Tanzania Are Being Hunted For Their Limbs by chingymingy: 4:56pm On Jul 16, 2019
Amoxman:
Families are said to be trading in their own loved ones in a bid for money and influence from some of the country’s most powerful people.

It is believed in the African country that albino body parts will bring a person wealth or luck, with people willing to pay as much as $3,000 to $4,000 for a limb, or as much as $75,000 for the whole body, the MailOnline reports.

As a result, people with albinism are often attacked by people who wish to chop off their limbs, leaving them mutilated, or in many cases, dead.

Albinism affects one in 1,400 people in Tanzania, which experts put down to incest in rural communities in the country.

It is a hereditary condition which causes the complete absence of pigmentation in the skin, hair and eyes.

Since records began, there have been 74 murders, with 59 people with albinism surviving attacks, while 16 graves have been robbed for body parts, however there are believed to be many more unrecorded.
The most recent case recorded was four-year-old Pendo Emmanuelle Nundi, who was abducted from her home in December. Her father and uncle were both arrested in connection with her disappearance, however even with a reward of £1,130 offered up by police, she still hasn’t been found.

Mwigulu Matonange was only 10 when he was attacked by two men on his way home from school. The men chopped off his left arm, before disappearing into the jungle.

After the brutal attack, which took place in February 2014, he told IPP Media: ‘I was held down like a goat about to be slaughtered.’

In this case, the men were complete strangers to Mwiglulu, however there’s suspicion surrounding Pendo’s father after he took half-an-hour to report her abduction, despite there being neighbours around who could’ve helped as soon as she was taken.

According to a UN report, a 38-year-old woman was attacked by her husband and four other men while she was sleeping in February 2013 while their eight-year-old daughter looked on.

As reported by the MailOnline, Josephat Torner, who campaigns for albino rights, asked:

Now we can see the parents who are involved in planning the attacks. What kind of war are we fighting if parents and family do this? Who can we trust?

You do not know who is your enemy.

People with the albinism are being hunted and killed for our body parts. It is because people want to become rich.

We are still living in danger. It is because people, they have different ideas. Some people, they are thinking they should get our body parts and sell to different places.

The question is, why? Why now? And who is behind the killings?

Source @unilad.com
https://www.unilad.co.uk/news/albinos-in-tanzania-are-being-hunted-for-their-limbs/?source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR3u_ocTRREsGxkBRbcU92g_WHz-gZCcyylyPWsvyBO7sEZYBYW1x2ir9oA

This one mad pass Naijas Yahoo plus-plus oh

1 Like

Re: Albinos In Tanzania Are Being Hunted For Their Limbs by frozen70(f): 4:57pm On Jul 16, 2019
They should not bring this madness to Nigeria ooohhh
Re: Albinos In Tanzania Are Being Hunted For Their Limbs by toydee(m): 5:00pm On Jul 16, 2019
ceejay80s:

Are u an albino?
Maybe..
Re: Albinos In Tanzania Are Being Hunted For Their Limbs by toydee(m): 5:01pm On Jul 16, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Especially the south west.
grin grin
Re: Albinos In Tanzania Are Being Hunted For Their Limbs by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 16, 2019
See as dem brainwash all dis people.
Re: Albinos In Tanzania Are Being Hunted For Their Limbs by abiolamitodun(m): 5:04pm On Jul 16, 2019
so afin cannot live in peace again NW??.... nawa oo
Re: Albinos In Tanzania Are Being Hunted For Their Limbs by koyyess: 5:05pm On Jul 16, 2019
That's the negroe race for you.
2000+ years later, they will still remain the same with their 1diotic beliefs.

Re: Albinos In Tanzania Are Being Hunted For Their Limbs by koyyess: 5:05pm On Jul 16, 2019
That's the negroe race for you.
2000+ years later, they will still remain the same with their 1diotic beliefs.

Re: Albinos In Tanzania Are Being Hunted For Their Limbs by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 16, 2019
That's sad and unfortunate. Abeg all of una wey turn this matter to Africa matter.. Una realize say Africa get up to 54 countries? So one country, which go likely be one part of that country, dey do some evil deeds, and una turn am as avenue to insult Africa as a whole? I bow for una o. I read, on an article, sometime ago, about how, in some part of China where they use some unborn babies to make some kind of pepper soup as omen for Goodluck or, whatever... Should we then say all Asia, or China eats unborn babies?

If outsiders stereotype una now because of una skin, una go vex, but see weytin una dey do here...

Make una kukuma create una own continent...
Re: Albinos In Tanzania Are Being Hunted For Their Limbs by Howitzer: 5:17pm On Jul 16, 2019
Re: Albinos In Tanzania Are Being Hunted For Their Limbs by slyfox35(m): 5:25pm On Jul 16, 2019
grandlexuz:

Really tell me more..Your ignorance knows no bounds..
Mr intelligence , Mr I know all, is Egypt not an African country, did they not enslave the Isrealites?
Common sense is not really common
Re: Albinos In Tanzania Are Being Hunted For Their Limbs by OdiaI(f): 5:26pm On Jul 16, 2019
This is barbaric... How do people even believe these things? Just how?!!!

1 Like

Re: Albinos In Tanzania Are Being Hunted For Their Limbs by spencekat(m): 5:26pm On Jul 16, 2019
Whobedatte:

Yeee...
na to go do hair implant like Rooney be dat oo
I go join too
Re: Albinos In Tanzania Are Being Hunted For Their Limbs by Typicool8(m): 5:54pm On Jul 16, 2019
My lecturer said where ever you see blacks there's always a Curse around them at first I didn't buy the idea but now I'm beginning to believe.
Re: Albinos In Tanzania Are Being Hunted For Their Limbs by hareskay(m): 5:59pm On Jul 16, 2019
This is the more reason why the African continent is backwards.
Cioccolata:
Africa is a shìt hole continent.
Re: Albinos In Tanzania Are Being Hunted For Their Limbs by bigcasava1(m): 6:02pm On Jul 16, 2019
yrex01:
cry
is Nigeria not far better than this country
Re: Albinos In Tanzania Are Being Hunted For Their Limbs by Recruitmentedu: 6:07pm On Jul 16, 2019
AryaSand:
No be today e start na, I saw it in the news years ago. Even bald headed men are being hunted by ritualists in Mozambique, it is said their head is filled with money.

common stop lying,. bald head,. make they come naija, they will pack wella grin grin grin grin
Re: Albinos In Tanzania Are Being Hunted For Their Limbs by chubinwa(m): 6:17pm On Jul 16, 2019
Shere stupidity by some gullible money mongars for such fallacy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

World Leaders Reactions As USA Opens Jerusalem Embassy / Bomb Attack In Kabul Injures Amrullah Saleh, Afghanista Vice President, Kills 10 / 18ft Python Killed In Florida (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.