Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,436 members, 7,808,560 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

Why Is Honda Pilot So Cheap - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Why Is Honda Pilot So Cheap (10034 Views)

Is Honda CRV Strong And Reliable / So Cheap Toks 407 Peugeot 2008 @.1.3m sharp. Is Available Dm Me @07083676583 / SOLD SIKS2012 Toyota Camry Toks Newly Arrived So Cheap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Honda Pilot So Cheap by kuss: 2:57pm On Jul 16, 2019
I have been thinking of buying an suv pilot or highlander
And I noticed the pilot is way cheaper than the highlander of the same model
Is there a particular problem with this model

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Honda Pilot So Cheap by Authoreety: 3:16pm On Jul 16, 2019
What's actually the price difference?

Also thinking of getting a Honda pilot cos I love it, but I'm actually scared of Honda products

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Honda Pilot So Cheap by MrTemple(m): 4:06pm On Jul 16, 2019
Car experts shd help us out pls, am in d same shoe.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Why Is Honda Pilot So Cheap by Agropride: 4:22pm On Jul 16, 2019
The first time I discovered the price of Honda pilot, I was as shocked as you are.

Price of a good is as a result of demand and customer preferences. Honda product have lower demands compared to Toyota products which is the main reason for their 'lower prices'.

One major factor why people love Toyota cars more is ease of maintenance and fuel economy. I personally think Honda cars are better in designs and outlook.

You cannot take anything away from Honda cars. If you love Honda pilot, go for it and save yourself some good cash.

Remember to always keep funds for maintenance and prepare your mind for a more than regular fuel consumption.

9 Likes

Re: Why Is Honda Pilot So Cheap by vicardino(m): 4:51pm On Jul 16, 2019
I've got a tokunbo, non accident 2007 Honda Pilot. You can see its pictures as at when bought on my threads. Kindly contact if you're interested in it. Thanks
Re: Why Is Honda Pilot So Cheap by Osumare2013: 6:47pm On Jul 16, 2019
kuss:
I have been thinking of buying an suv pilot or highlander
And I noticed the pilot is way cheaper than the highlander of the same model
Is there a particular problem with this model
Basically, cos of demand.
Nigerians generally agree that toyota vehicles are more durable than honda, hence the reason fairly used toyota vehicles are more expensive than other brands e.g toyota big daddy is camry 2003, but the Nigerian used still sells for 1M.
Re: Why Is Honda Pilot So Cheap by Absoj(m): 7:05pm On Jul 16, 2019
I've been using mine a 2006 model since 2016.
Strong durable engine and components...be mindful of gear sensor failures if u fail to drain or service ur gear in good time. Suitable for traveling and more and genuinely a 4wd than a highlander courtesy of the VTM 4 lock. I travel a lot and was never stranded. Lots of space Dan my colleagues highlander. Most admirable feature is the VTM 4. It's a reliable 4 wheel drive in thick sands and mud. Friends Highlander couldn't make it to site leaving pilot to do the dirty job of towing ...that's when I disliked the thing called "all wheel drive" as against the Honda Pilot's 4 wheel drive.

7 Likes

Re: Why Is Honda Pilot So Cheap by poshpaul: 7:05pm On Jul 16, 2019
Toyota is just overrated

8 Likes

Re: Why Is Honda Pilot So Cheap by Absoj(m): 7:12pm On Jul 16, 2019
poshpaul:
Toyota is just overrated
The demand makes it expensive. Too much demand.now pushes dealers to bring in dangerous and accepted ones. My neighbour fell victim to a severely mauled/accidented corolla. What he spent made him have a rethink

1 Like

Re: Why Is Honda Pilot So Cheap by kuss: 7:38pm On Jul 16, 2019
Someone said the pilot mpg is very poor
How true is this
Re: Why Is Honda Pilot So Cheap by mexxy1(m): 7:53pm On Jul 16, 2019
I've been driving a 2004 Honda Pilot since 2015 and, I have NO REGRETS.

Read about both vehicles and decide what you want but, do not base your decision on purchase price.
Re: Why Is Honda Pilot So Cheap by Timagex(m): 8:50pm On Jul 16, 2019
Same as the evil spirit! 1.2m? shocked. Its too cheap..
Re: Why Is Honda Pilot So Cheap by poshpaul: 4:49pm On Jul 17, 2019
Honda crv is the only one that has high prices.
Re: Why Is Honda Pilot So Cheap by niyoni: 5:03pm On Jul 17, 2019
Absoj:

The demand makes it expensive. Too much demand.now pushes dealers to bring in dangerous and accepted ones. My neighbour fell victim to a severely mauled/accidented corolla. What he spent made him have a rethink
Hi @Absoj. How is the fuel consumption of the Honda pilot with regular use of the air conditioning? I hear it's a fuel guzzler....how true is that?
Re: Why Is Honda Pilot So Cheap by Absoj(m): 8:35pm On Jul 17, 2019
niyoni:

Hi @Absoj. How is the fuel consumption of the Honda pilot with regular use of the air conditioning? I hear it's a fuel guzzler....how true is that?
Well, itll not act like an i 4 engine. Its a V6 but not a guzzler compared to pathfinders and Mitsubishi. Its consumption is OK for its size. I mean the 2006 n above. From kaduna to Lagos roughly 15- 20k fuel with useless okene traffic jam oo As a matter of fact i hardly see the difference too when air conditioner is working or not. Recently, The only challenge i notice is in kaduna and one lag traffic jam ...a very prolonged useless traffic jam i met in lag one evening ...twas a night mare( from mile 2 to Ojo)
Another sweet thing about the engine is that in a static traffic jam or when the engine is idling, it saves more fuel- as if the cylinders shut down 2 of them leaving only 4 to work. Call it VCM variable cylinder mgt sort of. But above all. Its a good deal and engines reliable.

8 Likes

Re: Why Is Honda Pilot So Cheap by niyoni: 9:31pm On Jul 17, 2019
Absoj:

Well, itll not act like an i 4 engine. Its a V6 but not a guzzler compared to pathfinders and Mitsubishi. Its consumption is OK for its size. I mean the 2006 n above. From kaduna to Lagos roughly 15- 20k fuel with useless okene traffic jam oo As a matter of fact i hardly see the difference too when air conditioner is working or not. Recently, The only challenge i notice is in kaduna and one lag traffic jam ...a very prolonged useless traffic jam i met in lag one evening ...twas a night mare( from mile 2 to Ojo)
Another sweet thing about the engine is that in a static traffic jam or when the engine is idling, it saves more fuel- as if the cylinders shut down 2 of them leaving only 4 to work. Call it VCM variable cylinder mgt sort of. But above all. Its a good deal and engines reliable.
Okay. Thank you.
Re: Why Is Honda Pilot So Cheap by vicardino(m): 10:13pm On Jul 17, 2019
niyoni:

Okay. Thank you.

Sir, I have a 2007 Honda Pilot toks, not savaged or accident. Just in case you are interested
Re: Why Is Honda Pilot So Cheap by niyoni: 6:07pm On Jul 18, 2019
vicardino:

Sir, I have a 2007 Honda Pilot toks, not savaged or accident. Just in case you are interested
Okay. Not searching for now though. Thanks.
Re: Why Is Honda Pilot So Cheap by bigfather(m): 11:25pm On Jul 18, 2019
Absoj:
I've been using mine a 2006 model since 2016.
Strong durable engine and components...be mindful of gear sensor failures if u fail to drain or service ur gear in good time. Suitable for traveling and more and genuinely a 4wd than a highlander courtesy of the VTM 4 lock. I travel a lot and was never stranded. Lots of space Dan my colleagues highlander. Most admirable feature is the VTM 4. It's a reliable 4 wheel drive in thick sands and mud. Friends Highlander couldn't make it to site leaving pilot to do the dirty job of towing ...that's when I disliked the thing called "all wheel drive" as against the Honda Pilot's 4 wheel drive.

I just got mine lastwk. 2007. My VTM 4 light is always ON. I hope it doesn't have any side effect.
Re: Why Is Honda Pilot So Cheap by RZArecta2(m): 12:20am On Jul 19, 2019
Very underrated car cool

1 Like

Re: Why Is Honda Pilot So Cheap by eleazon(m): 2:11am On Jul 19, 2019
This is an interesting thread. Please we need more elaborate responses. Some people have also complained of the shaft getting broken while driving. I don't know how true this is as I am also interested in buying one. Could someone please educate me more on this?
Re: Why Is Honda Pilot So Cheap by bendike: 2:12am On Jul 19, 2019
bigfather:

I just got mine lastwk. 2007. My VTM 4 light is always ON. I hope it doesn't have any side effect.
If your pilot is not firing well, ie injectors, pump etc it makes the car assume it is loosing traction on the front wheel there by triggering the rear rear wheels to compensate. Hence the vtm4 error light. That is mostly the case assuming your vtm4 fluid is guaged

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Honda Pilot So Cheap by onatisi(m): 3:24am On Jul 19, 2019
this is why it is good to ask questions or create intelligent topicss, i remember someone asked about buying an honda pilot and a respected member in the auto section warned against it strongly but failed to give any tangible reason , i thought that is why it is always cheap maybe ppl wanted to sell it off quick but the responses and posts i am reading is absolutely different and infact points the honda piot as a good vehicle
eleazon:
This is an interesting thread. Please we need more elaborate responses. Some people have also complained of the shaft getting broken while driving. I don't know how true this is as I am also interested in buying one. Could someone please educate me more on this?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Honda Pilot So Cheap by diportivo: 7:02am On Jul 19, 2019
Absoj:

does urs have the vcm engine?
Re: Why Is Honda Pilot So Cheap by Hoodbilonia: 7:07am On Jul 19, 2019
Abegi
Pulot na 2wd
Forget that useless badge of 4wd
Most hondas are 2wd
Re: Why Is Honda Pilot So Cheap by bigfather(m): 9:21am On Jul 19, 2019
bendike:

If your pilot is not firing well, ie injectors, pump etc it makes the car assume it is loosing traction on the front wheel there by triggering the rear rear wheels to compensate. Hence the vtm4 error light. That is mostly the case assuming your vtm4 fluid is guaged

Ooohh..I see but how do I check d VTM oil is gauged ? Where is it located ? Cause I noticed anytime I run into a small pot hole, d rear tyres shake and wobble but moves very fast and smooth on a good road.
Re: Why Is Honda Pilot So Cheap by bendike: 11:46am On Jul 19, 2019
bigfather:

Ooohh..I see but how do I check d VTM oil is gauged ? Where is it located ? Cause I noticed anytime I run into a small pot hole, d rear tyres shake and wobble but moves very fast and smooth on a good road.
When you are parked and you move the vehicle to make a turn do you hear a vibration as if there is resistance from the back axle?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Honda Pilot So Cheap by bendike: 12:01pm On Jul 19, 2019
bigfather:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ijwM_wwXNc

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Honda Pilot So Cheap by bendike: 12:09pm On Jul 19, 2019
bigfather:

Go to a petrol station and get them to check. But I must warn you from my previous experience. No other fluid will work. Do not try to use fluid from the filling station cos it will only damage your differential. I almost learnt the hard way.
You must use Honda vtm4 fluid made only for Honda pilot and mdx. I bought mine then for about 18k for 4 liter gallon. It takes about 3 liters to fill. I will post a picture of the keg when I get home. You can only get it to buy at Willoughby ebute Metta.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Honda Pilot So Cheap by bigfather(m): 12:17pm On Jul 19, 2019
bendike:

When you are parked and you move the vehicle to make a turn do you hear a vibration as if there is resistance from the back axle?

Something like that.
Re: Why Is Honda Pilot So Cheap by bendike: 12:37pm On Jul 19, 2019
bigfather:

Something like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCThbrU2vIY
I got it for 18k 2years ago. It might be cheaper now.
Re: Why Is Honda Pilot So Cheap by bigfather(m): 1:17pm On Jul 19, 2019
bendike:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCThbrU2vIY
I got it for 18k 2years ago. It might be cheaper now.

So once its changed , d wobbling and d dragging will stop ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Must Buy & Fullest Option 07 Foreign Used Honda Pilot @3.150m Net / Brandnew 2016 Model Bmw X6 / I Just Bought This Car From Cityhood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.