Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,221 members, 7,807,747 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

Telecom Mast Smashes Benz & 3 Other Cars In Abuja - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Telecom Mast Smashes Benz & 3 Other Cars In Abuja (44365 Views)

Pole Smashes Man's New Car (Photos, Video) / Huge Block Of Ice Smashes Through Windshield In Northern China ( Video) / Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Telecom Mast Smashes Benz & 3 Other Cars In Abuja by OlujobaSamuel: 11:49pm On Jul 16, 2019
9jaRealist:

He doesn't need to go to court...
Just file an insurance claim and let the carrier sort out liability issues.
>
Yes, you are right but we don't know if he is having an insurance cover for the vehicle(s).
Re: Telecom Mast Smashes Benz & 3 Other Cars In Abuja by dreamwords: 11:49pm On Jul 16, 2019
Mtn is rich they can buy you 2020 c class Benz
Re: Telecom Mast Smashes Benz & 3 Other Cars In Abuja by tmcleo2k2(m): 11:52pm On Jul 16, 2019
Easy ways of identifying the owner:

1. Walk close to the wreckage and look well at the container housing the equipments or anywhere around the generators...label de wey go identify the owner and the mast number.

2. 80% of mast in Nigeria is owned by IHS Towers lipsrsealed

3. Check network signal on your phone...the network with the least signal for that area na him get am grin

#runsaway

5 Likes

Re: Telecom Mast Smashes Benz & 3 Other Cars In Abuja by 9jaRealist: 11:54pm On Jul 16, 2019
NinjaMetahuman:
you think they will just sue for property damage? Haaaa I laugh in chinese.

They can sue for all the rice in China...
But what they will get will be just property damage.
>
Re: Telecom Mast Smashes Benz & 3 Other Cars In Abuja by tmcleo2k2(m): 11:55pm On Jul 16, 2019
OlujobaSamuel:

Yes, you are right but we don't know if he is having an insurance cover for the vehicle(s).

At times insurance no de cover occurrence deemed as *act of God* grin

The question is what do we attribute the fall to? Unnatural extreme bad weather or OEM fault?
Re: Telecom Mast Smashes Benz & 3 Other Cars In Abuja by Dredgemaster(m): 11:55pm On Jul 16, 2019
post=80338859:

......but who are all these tins on social media for krissake?!
. What do you expect from products of babies factories?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Telecom Mast Smashes Benz & 3 Other Cars In Abuja by 9jaRealist: 11:57pm On Jul 16, 2019
tmcleo2k2:
Easy ways of identifying the owner:

1. Walk close to the wreckage and look well at the container housing the equipments or anywhere around the generators...label de wey go identify the owner and the mast number.

3. Check network signal on your phone...the network with the least signal for that area na him get am grin

#runsaway

Can't really tell for certain from the pictures, but if it was really inside the station...
Seems more likely to be a police communications' mast rather than a GSM cell mast.
>
Re: Telecom Mast Smashes Benz & 3 Other Cars In Abuja by davodyguy: 12:02am On Jul 17, 2019
OlujobaSamuel:

There is park management at that mall, they give you a tag for parking which you pay for, you can't take your car out without the tag, if a vehicle leaves while the tag is on you as the bearer, the management of the park is liable.
Kindly review the case law that gave birth to the term "car parked or items kept at owners risk"
You can't absolve yourself from liability that arose from actions which give you financial benefits.
What about those agberos that collect ₦500 in privately owned car parks and issue 'tickets' if your car gets stolen, would you charge any of the attendants in the car park?

What about the car park at the international airport, who would you hold liable?
Re: Telecom Mast Smashes Benz & 3 Other Cars In Abuja by OlujobaSamuel: 12:17am On Jul 17, 2019
davodyguy:

What about those agberos that collect ₦500 in privately owned car parks and issue 'tickets' if your car gets stolen, would you charge any of the attendants in the car park?

What about the car park at the international airport, who would you hold liable?
There's always a management for such, just because it doesn't look formal doesn't make it devoid of liability.
You using such park is more like for safe keeping, you could have parked on the road and risk whatever might have happened to the vehicle. Imagine a bank telling you that the gold you kept in their vault was stolen while they gave you an access code (tag or pass) claimed to be known only to you which you must present before accessing the gold.
There are exemptions to that rule, if it has no exemption, park operators might connive with criminals to start stealing customer's vehicle or its parts.
Parking your vehicle in a space where you are charged for such is a contract. It's done by conduct and there is consideration flow between both parties, that is, you can keep your car with me for ₦100, immediately you accept to pay and he accepts that you park, you have a contract, and you expect he allows you take your car away when you come for it within agreed time

1 Like

Re: Telecom Mast Smashes Benz & 3 Other Cars In Abuja by YesNo(m): 12:24am On Jul 17, 2019
emmylight4u:
...its not intentional..na natural disaster

Take it in good faith.

Thank you!

you will NEVER say this if you are a network rigger or engineer and your job is to climb such masts daily, weekly.
Re: Telecom Mast Smashes Benz & 3 Other Cars In Abuja by ncoolsome(m): 12:33am On Jul 17, 2019
davodyguy:
Cars are parked at owner's risk in most public places even though you paid parking fees.

No one wants to take liability. Hence, get comprehensive insurance

Since u hv problem with reading let me summarise,he said the mast is opposite his house fell on his car...meaning the car was parked in his compound..

A yet to be identified mast at the utako police station which is just directly opposite my house fell while it was raining and landed on 3 cars including my car inside my compound .

2 Likes

Re: Telecom Mast Smashes Benz & 3 Other Cars In Abuja by BABANGBALI: 12:52am On Jul 17, 2019
Pursue the case well and claim heavy damages
Re: Telecom Mast Smashes Benz & 3 Other Cars In Abuja by BABANGBALI: 12:54am On Jul 17, 2019
emmylight4u:

Take it in good faith.

Thank you!
mumu plenty for Nigeria,I just saw one here

1 Like

Re: Telecom Mast Smashes Benz & 3 Other Cars In Abuja by Nobody: 12:55am On Jul 17, 2019
ncoolsome:

Since u hv problem with reading let me summarise,he said the mast is opposite his house fell on his car...meaning the car was parked in his compound..

A yet to be identified mast at the utako police station which is just directly opposite my house fell while it was raining and landed on 3 cars including my car inside my compound .
No mind him, na so he go open topic scroll down dey tackle person opinion without reading the news. Nigerians self

1 Like

Re: Telecom Mast Smashes Benz & 3 Other Cars In Abuja by Justiceleague1: 12:57am On Jul 17, 2019
APC ke!!!
Re: Telecom Mast Smashes Benz & 3 Other Cars In Abuja by Nobody: 1:40am On Jul 17, 2019
This is why LASG went after mast owners in a very big way the last four years. Any mast that was not in conformance was taken down

I was arguing with someone the other day about hustling and risk. This is what happens when you do something with a hustler mentality. You ignore standards

A lot of these masts today are not necessarily owned by any telecom company. They have managed their risk by outsourcing to third parties.

If it was mtn, etal, police would have given up their name fast.
Re: Telecom Mast Smashes Benz & 3 Other Cars In Abuja by MrFly(m): 2:57am On Jul 17, 2019
That mast is made up of high quality iron, sell the iron parts and repair ur vehicle.
Re: Telecom Mast Smashes Benz & 3 Other Cars In Abuja by BlueRayDick: 4:17am On Jul 17, 2019
Nigerians will buy vehicles worth 5million and above, but will not buy insurance cover. Even when they do, they only will go for third party which doesn't cover damage to their own vehicle. Tell them to buy comprehensive insurance, they won't listen.

Now when an hour incident occurs they will start asking every Tom for advise and even going as far as asking the insurance guy whom they never gave audience in the first place what can be done to recover from the loss. undecided

1 Like

Re: Telecom Mast Smashes Benz & 3 Other Cars In Abuja by Neoteny(m): 5:24am On Jul 17, 2019
Heh.

"Benz and 3 others"

Just like the marketing.

2 Likes

Re: Telecom Mast Smashes Benz & 3 Other Cars In Abuja by denzel3(m): 5:48am On Jul 17, 2019

#runsaway

N0. 1 suggestion above is the easiest way to find out who the owner is. You may also ask the guard for the mast,if there is one

There are mainly only 3 likely owners of the tower,one of them have been mentioned. Ask/ follow up/take legal actions against the property owner who leased out the tower space( as it is most likely a lease)and you have your answer as to who owns the tower and take it up from there.You should be compensated.

1 Like

Re: Telecom Mast Smashes Benz & 3 Other Cars In Abuja by frozen70(f): 6:07am On Jul 17, 2019
They don't need to worry, the telecom provider will do the needful
Re: Telecom Mast Smashes Benz & 3 Other Cars In Abuja by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:12am On Jul 17, 2019
emmylight4u:

Take it in good faith.

Thank you!

A mast is man-made!

It's designed to resist wind loads and loads of the equipment it carries.

Failure means something was not done right, design, construction, usage or maintenance.

So someone is to blame, not nature.

2 Likes

Re: Telecom Mast Smashes Benz & 3 Other Cars In Abuja by Detolanny(m): 7:08am On Jul 17, 2019
davodyguy:
Cars are parked at owner's risk in most public places even though you paid parking fees.

No one wants to take liability. Hence, get comprehensive insurance
Kindly go back to the original post, this time around pls read slowly and carefully in order to see where the complainant stated that the cars were parked in "his compound", not just a public place.

1 Like

Re: Telecom Mast Smashes Benz & 3 Other Cars In Abuja by Rollitout: 7:56am On Jul 17, 2019
The owner of the telecoms tower is in big trouble,

1 Like

Re: Telecom Mast Smashes Benz & 3 Other Cars In Abuja by GreekDon: 8:33am On Jul 17, 2019
I doubt if the Car owners have comprehensive insurance cover. Why would I bother myself if such happens? Just file a claim and let the insurance company recover their money from the mast owner. Simple as ABC!

1 Like

Re: Telecom Mast Smashes Benz & 3 Other Cars In Abuja by mechanics(m): 8:53am On Jul 17, 2019
That's unfortunate, in ideal sense, mast shouldn't be constructed close to residential buildings for security purpose.

1 Like

Re: Telecom Mast Smashes Benz & 3 Other Cars In Abuja by litaninja(m): 8:55am On Jul 17, 2019
Tunde Ednut's page is a reputable organization
Re: Telecom Mast Smashes Benz & 3 Other Cars In Abuja by bigiyaro(m): 9:30am On Jul 17, 2019
pek:
Read again. Who will he sue?
the ncc can be compel to reveal the owners of the mast, the court can clear him to sell the mast and recover his loss.
Re: Telecom Mast Smashes Benz & 3 Other Cars In Abuja by nams77: 10:58am On Jul 17, 2019
pek:
Read again. Who will he sue?
Did the mast fall from space? No be somebody/ company erect am.
Naija people sef

1 Like

Re: Telecom Mast Smashes Benz & 3 Other Cars In Abuja by pek(m): 1:26pm On Jul 17, 2019
post=80338841:

Are you for real?!

Oh noooo!
Can someone please help this gentleman?!

This is so appaling!
You can help me. You have failed to answer the question. Who will he sue?
Re: Telecom Mast Smashes Benz & 3 Other Cars In Abuja by gwama: 2:03pm On Jul 17, 2019
THIS IS NIGERIA cry cry cry cry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Picture Of An Overloaded Car / New Trailer Shows James Bond Using Headlight-popping Machine Gun On The Aston / Pls What Kind Of Business Can I Do With This Type Of Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.