Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,872 members, 7,798,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria (42557 Views)

Northern Elders Forum Kicks Against Nigeria’s Division / Nnamdi Kanu Hails Northern Elders’ Forum For Call On Herdsmen’s Return / Afenifere, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Northern Elders Forum Endorse Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria by Ikpongiton: 5:59am On Jul 17, 2019
The beginning of the end to the unholy union, but the north can not survive it.they can not stand on their own.
Re: Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria by kayusely70(m): 6:28am On Jul 17, 2019
They should vacate the places
Re: Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria by emezuo17: 7:04am On Jul 17, 2019
J111333:
I hope the order is to be carried within 24hours after all, they ain't got no properties to pack.
Nigeria should not be about Fulani but Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba and other minorities.
. Fulani are actually a minority tribe but they are in control of power and the North, what these Fulani elites are planning is to get as many Fulani as possible into Nigeria to change the demographic setting now that there patron is in power, nothing more nothing less

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria by psucc(m): 7:07am On Jul 17, 2019
miqos02:
say what you know please, they own so many houses in Agege area of Lagos State now
That is just a settlement. Go and find out. One or few Alhajis own them while the rest pay rent.
Re: Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria by Kabasa5(m): 7:12am On Jul 17, 2019
We need solution in our country

Re: Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria by Tyche(m): 7:18am On Jul 17, 2019
fk001:
The southern (igbos) should also vacate Northern Nigeria

There safety is also at stake angry

Yeah, very convenient. But you were too myopic to see that it was the threat from South West that necessitated the call from NEF.
Re: Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria by Henrichemeka(m): 7:30am On Jul 17, 2019
If this call is really genuine, then southerners living in the north should start doing the same, because if these fulanis should return to their home and meet you still relaxed, you know what will follow...
Re: Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria by Naajjii: 7:34am On Jul 17, 2019
Tolexander:
Nothing stops them from staying with their cattle in the north.

Let the south experiment with the absence of the herdsmen from here, and see if they have really been the culprit to the insecurity and menace in the south.
If after they’ve vacated the south Nigeria, and the menace still continues, then the manaces all the while were perpetrated by the southerners and not the herdsmen.
If the manace reduced after their exit, definitely, they are the culprits.

The south is volatile now and anything can spark at anytime. The security of the herdsmen isn’t guaranteed anymore.
Unfortunately, we have a clueless being at the helm of affairs.
You must be joking thinking if northerners vacate southern Nigeria then you people will remain up here. You people all will vacate the north.
Go with your oil we will survive. Go away with your militants
Re: Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria by kings59: 7:43am On Jul 17, 2019
NaMe4:

Hehehehe

Along Abj-Kad road, each operation has well over 20 kidnappers blocking the road.

Other motorist and commuters have a gun too. It is just like all vehicles on the road with people on/in it have a gun.

20 kidnappers vs 60 different bus companies with passengers on it.

6o x 18 = 1080 passengers on a bus with guns vs 20 kidnappers with guns.

The kidnappers are outnumbered.
Re: Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria by ElsonMorali: 7:50am On Jul 17, 2019
If southerners are smart they should also start packing their loads to vacate the North. Don't wait until they start killing you up north. If Nigeria is going to divide, let it be peaceful.
Re: Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria by franchasng: 7:52am On Jul 17, 2019
Funny enough, the herdsmen that do the killing and massacre are not the ones herding the cattle.

The ones that do the massacre and cause mayhelm are usually far away up north or Chad, Niger, etc, some they import from Somali, some from Boko Haram fighters who are paid by their association to come in and do a quick job and run back to their hide outs.

They usually come by boats through local rivers and then transported by trucks with cows in disguise, then they move through thick forests to their target communities.

If Nigeria must continue as one, we need to go back to regional government so every region can solely manage their security and Policing.

In that case, I will advice Southern leaders to invest in technology, drones with wide range surveillance cameras, highly fortified and well armed checkpoints at all southern boundaries to search every incoming vehicle with special gadgets that electronically scans and detects weapons and dangerous liquids.

Drones will be patrolling all southern thick forests to capture live zoomed videos and images of activities in the forests and if any suspicion, mobilize highly armed security men to that forest with air support.

These are the only ways to keep Southern Nigeria safe if not, no foreseeable headway
Re: Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 17, 2019
J111333:
I hope the order is to be carried within 24hours after all, they ain't got no properties to pack.
Nigeria should not be about Fulani but Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba and other minorities.
I tink we should stop saying minority
Re: Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria by Brightest04(m): 7:59am On Jul 17, 2019
I strongly agree with this suggestion,all Fulani herdsmen should leave the South for experimental reasons to know who were those behind the overwhelming heinous crimes eating up the country in the recent times.
To me all i know is that the whole thing originated from disgruntled politicians.From Boko Haram to kidnapping to herdsmen menace and the government know those people but refuses to bring them to book for reasons better known to them.
Re: Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria by Dnockeror333(m): 8:07am On Jul 17, 2019
If this was true, if not false news, then they are just removing the eyes of the Southerners from their real aim- to the 'Atlantic'!
Because when death is planned, who among the wicked ones need to inform their victim? #PushThemOut!

Please let me run go toilet�
Re: Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria by saraki2019(m): 8:11am On Jul 17, 2019
Igbo shops must be closed also allover north
Re: Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria by selemo: 8:15am On Jul 17, 2019
Tolexander:

Let the south experiment with the absence of the herdsmen from here, and see if they have really been the culprit to the insecurity and menace in the south.
If after they’ve vacated the south Nigeria, and the menace still continues, then the manaces all the while were perpetrated by the southerners and not the herdsmen.

The south is volatile now and anything can spark at anytime. The security of the herdsmen isn’t guaranteed anymore.
Remember we still have Nigeriens and Chadians that are in the south.. These guys are more violent than the fulanis.Note that these guys make 65% of Boko-Haram..
Re: Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria by ElsonMorali: 8:16am On Jul 17, 2019
Naajjii:

You must be joking thinking if northerners vacate southern Nigeria then you people will remain up here. You people all will vacate the north.
Go with your oil we will survive. Go away with your militants

You should be ashamed of yourself. Herdsmen driving their cattle into farms is evil. Ruining the farmers' livelihood because you want to feed your cows is stupid as well as barbaric.

If Nigeria splits, the north will just become like another wasteland. I know so many communities in the north that depend on NYSC to send graduates before schools can resume. The indigenous ones teaching there are illiterates themselves.

If life is brutish in Nigeria, it is even worse in Northern Nigeria. Only very few families are actually wealthy in the north, and not because they sell cattle, but because of crude oil.

If your herdsmen can't tame their stupidity and you can't help them tame it, then they should vacate the south.

Let Buhari go and become the King in the north.

4 Likes

Re: Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria by philoedu(m): 8:24am On Jul 17, 2019
Let me say this that Nigerian must strive to live as one. The Fulani have been living in this country call Nigeria for decade, I mean we have being living together, just like every other people, although not without problems.

Therefore, we must continue to cohabit without fueling any ethnic sentiment, instead, we should be thinking of how to make Nigeria great, instead of continuously dwelling on the irrelevancy like the politics of Ruga, when we should be thinking of how to better the life of every including the Fulanis who I thinking are not stranger to Nigeria.

Nigeria as a country, to my modest estimation is just not doing what it suppose to be doing, hence, it makes one to think that -sometimes intelligent people are not immune from being irrational and in total subjection to the subconscious in complete disagreement with the conscious part of our being.
Re: Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria by olumalcolm(m): 8:30am On Jul 17, 2019
Its about to go down, though it might take sometime but when a northerner starts telling his kinsmen to return home, den be prepared cos dose people dont just back out. They back out with plan B. angry
Re: Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria by Ugosample(m): 8:50am On Jul 17, 2019
WisdomFlakes:

Your bigotry is now seeping out. So Tinubu should have prevented Igbos and other non-indegenes from owning land in Lagos huh? I guess that would have won him accolades in your books. So I guess it's safe to say that it is a deliberate policy of Igbos in Igboland not to sell land to non-igbos unlike the 'foolish' Yorubas. Smh. It's really difficult figuring you Igbos out, really. Your bigotry is inborn. I just give up. You and daboomb can shove your bigotry up your assess.

you are missing the point undecided

And there is no bigotry whatever in my post.....

Selling the properties was not a wrong thing to do.
everyone sells and buys property
even in igboland.

And the Yoruba guys are not foolish to sell.....

But what is true is that Tinubu the man you do revere gave the keys to Lagos to thugs and gangsters
THAT IS THE Tinubu legacy

I grew up to to see it, you know it (that is if you were old enough and lived in Lagos) and I Know it.

If that is not the case, punk asses like MC Oluomo and the likes would not be relevant as they are in Lagos today

One dimensional thinking will not help you

Calling out Tinubu for his wrong doing does not equate hating Yorubas...

Tinubu is NOT the Yoruba race
he ia just ONE man amongst millions

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria by somehow: 9:05am On Jul 17, 2019
Tolexander:

If it reduces only mean that the southerners are still the perpertuators but with the involvement of some northerners

It will only be said to be the fault of the northerners if it stops totally

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria by Kokaine(m): 9:23am On Jul 17, 2019
Tolexander:

do you think they won't call for the exit of southerners from the north too. Do you know the number of southerners in kano and Kaduna alone? This might just be a preamble for yet another civil disorder in Nigeria.
Re: Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria by Chuxz311(m): 9:24am On Jul 17, 2019
Ooni:
...to hands off any responsibility for further attacks

GBAM!
Re: Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria by WisdomFlakes: 9:29am On Jul 17, 2019
Ugosample:

you are missing the point undecided

And there is no bigotry whatever in my post.....

Selling the properties was not a wrong thing to do.
everyone sells and buys property
even in igboland.

And the Yoruba guys are not foolish to sell.....

But what is true is that Tinubu the man you do revere gave the keys to Lagos to thugs and gangsters
THAT IS THE Tinubu legacy

I grew up to to see it, you know it (that is if you were old enough and lived in Lagos) and I Know it.

If that is not the case, punk asses like MC Oluomo and the likes would not be relevant as they are in Lagos today

One dimensional thinking will not help you

Calling out Tinubu for his wrong doing does not equate hating Yorubas...

Tinubu is NOT the Yoruba race
he ia just ONE man amongst millions

Nonsense and hypocrisy. Na so. Yet you couldn't call out that bigot you responded to when he implied that Tinubu is the cause of Lagos indigenes selling land to non-indegenes. You are just a typical hypocrite and closet bigot like the rest of them. Devil punish all of Una.
Re: Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria by Ugosample(m): 9:32am On Jul 17, 2019
WisdomFlakes:

Nonsense and hypocrisy. Na so. Yet you couldn't call out that bigot you responded to when he implied that Tinubu is the cause of Lagos indigenes selling land to non-indegenes,m. You are just a typical hypocrite and closet bigot like the rest of them. Devil punish all of Una.

Smh

This one sef

What is this one saying?

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria by seyiade26: 9:34am On Jul 17, 2019
Daboomb:
If truly there is no FULANISATION Agenda, what are we to call the below (Copied)

President - Fulani
Senate President - Fulani
Chief Justice - Fulani
President Appeal Court - Fulani
Min of Petroleum - Fulani
MD - NNPC - Fulani
Sec Gen Opec (Barkindo) - Fulani
60% of top NNPC executive - Fulani
Min of Defence - Fulani
Min of Finance - Fulani
Min of Justice and Atorney General - Fulani
Min of Education - Fulani
Min of FCT - Fulani
Min of Interior - Fulani
DG of Customs - Fulani
Min of State for Aviation - Fulani
MD of NPA - Fulani
EVC of NCC - Fulani
DG of NBC - Fulani
DG of NDLEA - Fulani
DG of DSS - Fulani
Chairman of INEC - Fulani
Comptroller General Immigration - Fulani
Comptroller General of Prisons - Fulani
DG - National Population Commission - Fulani
DG SEC - Fulani

Other Northern muslims (who worship the Fulanis)
Chief of Army staff
Chief of Air Staff
IG of Police
DG of EFCC
Commandant NSCDC
Chief of Staff to President
National Security Adviser

A word is enough for the wise, time to act has almost passed.

You are better off motivating north Nigerians who are not fulanis than insulting them. Think some more...
Re: Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 17, 2019
iammo:

Yes ooo, herdsmen must go!! Sane hausa people can stay with their honest businesses... Hausa man has sense and.can reason, better, the unexposed crude bush herders must return to north

Yea! Hausa are better. But from my interactions with them, they have inter-married! Fulani blood has been deposited in them; they can as well be as animalistic as the Fulani

Re: Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria by iammo(m): 10:19am On Jul 17, 2019
walexy100:

sure they have but from my own observation, you can hardly see an hausa guy(the black ones with weird tribal mark), maybe gateman, shoemaker, Mah Suya, Mah Shi , Berua de change, Aboki Account, bike rider or even Police officer that are violent.. in fact this guys are so nice that over here we call them Aboki, to mean mugu because of their little love for money and honesty... But almost all the Fulani herders that i have come accross (the fair skined and grey skined ones) are somewhat quiet, and exudes a bit of arrogance (not all tho)... To purnish this Hausa Guys for the Fulani people's crime is sad but like you said they have inter married, but truly hausa are nice people

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria by lagosinnovator: 10:21am On Jul 17, 2019
They should go back to the north and request for fresh grass from the south. Dont expect others to die for your cows. You are in business and you should respect others too.

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria by Deepthoughts: 10:48am On Jul 17, 2019
dre11:

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/just-in-northern-elders-forum-orders-fulani-herdsmen-to-vacate-southern-nigeria.html

The attitude of the north to the herdsmen issue is so suprising, come to think of it, are the fulanis the only nomadic ethnic group in the world?,are cattle reared in Nigeria only?,why is our case so different?.The herdsmen issue is very simple to resolve n to the advantage of the far north if they are sincere.the fulanis are indeginous to the north,the north has ever 70%of Nigeria's land mass,the RUGA n it predecessor CATTLE COLONY are not bad n could in fact be an economic boom if well implemented n managed but it should be established in the north while it produce are transported n marketed Nationwide n beyond,will it be acceptable for the igbos to insist that igbo markets should be built in every state or the yorubas insist that they should control the taxi transport business in every state, certainly NO!!,if not for lack of foresieght the north should be desperate to control the agro allied economic sector due to their comparative advantage n insist that establishment and industries relating to the sector be sighted in the north to boost employment n reduce poverty,but a careful study and analysis of the attitude of the northern leaders to the herdsmen n most other issues makes one to seriously doubt if they are truly concerned about the social economic political and harmonious well being of Nigeria or they are simply clandestinely pursing a hidden agenda.

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria by godofuck231: 10:49am On Jul 17, 2019
Fire at will

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation / What Nnamdi Kanu Told Us In Prison — Pat Utomi / BREAKING!!! Jonathan’s Senator, Rep, Others Defect To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.