Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

Is Nigeria Heading For A Civil War ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria Heading For A Civil War ? (1202 Views)

Nigeria Heading For Price Crash, Says BUA Chairman, Rabiu Abdulsamad / Nigeria Heading For Recession In Q4 2020 — Zainab Ahmed / Nigeria Heading Into Worst Recession In 30 Years –IMF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nigeria Heading For A Civil War ? by ozodigboo(m): 6:22am On Jul 17, 2019
The country is drifting. Some northern elders have asked fulanis to leave the south, following tension arising from the killing of the daughter of a Yoruba elder by Fulani herdsmen.

All these started when a region was termed 5 percent and appointments were made to reflect that percentage after the elections.
We have never had it so bad ... Southerners have been coexisting with Fulani herdsmen for centuries until now.
Why now ? What's happening ?

It's difficult to understand why Buhari who fought the civil war to make Nigeria one, should preside over this.
Obasanjo and Danjuma have spoken. People are criticising them but they both fought the war, were superior to Buhari, and there words should not be discarded.
Even his wife said at a time, that her husband wasn't responsible for most of the decisions we see in the papers.

Tinubu, the most influential Yoruba in this government is not talking....Osibanjo has gone mute after telling the White House that kidnapping in Nigeria is overrated.

I weep for this country. There is danger ahead.
Re: Is Nigeria Heading For A Civil War ? by wickyyolo: 6:26am On Jul 17, 2019
Buhari has divided the country.

I love it.

Oh hail Buhari the breaker of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Heading For A Civil War ? by backnbeta(f): 6:31am On Jul 17, 2019
More like we are already at war!
Re: Is Nigeria Heading For A Civil War ? by Nobody: 6:48am On Jul 17, 2019
We are already at war.

This warfare is called SIEGE warfare.

it is patient and highly deceptive. The only way to break a siege is to go full frontal.

But since you also trust the siege warrior for your Security. You can do nothing.

Hating the SE is the beginning of death for every Nigerian.

People must pay for their sins.

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Heading For A Civil War ? by aolawale025: 6:50am On Jul 17, 2019
There's already a silent and deep ethnic division
Re: Is Nigeria Heading For A Civil War ? by Henry22(m): 7:19am On Jul 17, 2019
We are at war already...... And we are having casualties already and very soon it will hit them harder and harder and the worst is that no one will be ready to lend a helping hand rather everyone will be speaking from a distance.
Re: Is Nigeria Heading For A Civil War ? by sweerychick(f): 7:46am On Jul 17, 2019
The war has been there secretly!.. it's just Buhari that made it open
Re: Is Nigeria Heading For A Civil War ? by Blankstare(m): 8:10am On Jul 17, 2019
Buhari assume mantle of leadership with the belief that his brethren have been shortchange in Nigeria political equation since the inception of the present republic, he is righten the wrong, but he has gone too far to the extent of exposing the rotten sour of our hetrogenity.

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Heading For A Civil War ? by stonemasonn: 9:32am On Jul 17, 2019
Not yet at war. Nigerians are afraid of war.
Re: Is Nigeria Heading For A Civil War ? by Zikora1000(f): 9:53am On Jul 17, 2019
Mine is to protect the old eastern region. Watch the footsteps of every Fulani man and even Hausa man you see. Monitor their movement very well. We must not let our guards down. Kudos to imo youths. Imo youths apprehended Fulani terrorists with arms and a bag filled with bullets. Kudos gov Ihedioha. This is not Okorocha's tenure. Fulanis must live by our rules or get out of our land!

4 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Heading For A Civil War ? by Herdsmenson: 9:58am On Jul 17, 2019
Zikora1000:
Mine is to protect the old eastern region. Watch the footsteps of every Fulani man and even Hausa man you see. Monitor their movement very well. We must not let our guards down. Kudos to imo youths. Imo youths apprehended Fulani terrorists with arms and a bag filled with bullets. Kudos gov Ihedioha. This is not Okorocha's tenure. Fulanis must live by our rules or get out of our land!
the old eastern region was created by the British they gave igbos key to control the minorities there.

Every ethnic groups for itself
Re: Is Nigeria Heading For A Civil War ? by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 17, 2019
Buhari started dividing Nigeria the first day he became president. With his 5%, 97% interview. As human beings, God gives us a responsibility to our fellow humans which is that of love, apart from that, as a President you're responsible for every single citizen. But this Buhari, is definitely from hell.

I'm back in the writing biz. Check my SIG.
Re: Is Nigeria Heading For A Civil War ? by respect80(m): 10:46am On Jul 17, 2019
My own is that I hate to hear any complain from the SW, and if any, it should be directed to the source of their motivation to return Buhari which is Tinubu and Osibanjo.

Therefore, in Jaime Lannister's voice, "in the name of the warrior, I charge the SW to be brave," brave enough to defend themselves no matter what it takes . We the MB already know our position and those of us who still have our heads intact have already crossed our minds to fight and defend ourselves with the last drop of our blood and There won't be any element of cowardice as we do that.
When it begins, we will rather die fighting than be killed as cowards.
Finally, it is a matter of choice for everyone but mostly the SW, whether to allow the religion that divides us more than it unites us to win.

I live to die and die to live, the most important thing is that I will always live no matter what it takes.

2 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Heading For A Civil War ? by ScotMisile: 11:41am On Jul 17, 2019
If not for a few pple in the SW... I woulda started bombing the SW already.. .But my love is from there and I love her so much.. .
Re: Is Nigeria Heading For A Civil War ? by BishopMagic: 11:54am On Jul 17, 2019
backnbeta:
More like we are already at war!

When Britain declared war on Germany, there was 6mths of no fighting.

This period was called the Silent period of WW2.

The north will follow through on their deportation order on southerners when the ultimatum expires.

The roads leading from the south to the north are already heavily besieged by fulani Militia since 2015

They were deployed there by the APC to cause havoc in the event Buhari lost that election.

Buhari has since abandoned his fulani Militia and that's why they have been engaging in self help- robbing and abducting travellers on the highways.
The Ruga nonsense was to compensate them.

With Ruga dead and buried, Buhari is going full jihad and the nearly 200,000 armed Militia will overrun the south until you agree to Ruga.

Buhari will soon reactivate them again.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Nigeria Heading For A Civil War ? by Staro: 11:57am On Jul 17, 2019
More like
Re: Is Nigeria Heading For A Civil War ? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 17, 2019
Buhari is all about breaking records.

Buhari destroyed Nigeria in just 5 years.

Fantastic record!
Re: Is Nigeria Heading For A Civil War ? by Kazim88: 12:16pm On Jul 17, 2019
stefanbanach:
Buhari is all about breaking records.

Buhari destroyed Nigeria in just 5 years.

Fantastic record!

For the records, it's not buhari that destroyed Nigeria ...
Nigeria was destroyed by every single individual that voted and campaign for Buhari in 2015.... It is called democracy.

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Heading For A Civil War ? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 17, 2019
Kazim88:

Nigeria was destroyed by every single individual that voted and campaign for Buhari in 2015.... It is called democracy.
I don't blame them. They were brainwashed by the media. And They were not comfortable with jonathans administration.
Re: Is Nigeria Heading For A Civil War ? by valenu(m): 1:12pm On Jul 17, 2019
Kazim88:

Thank God I was never part of them.
Re: Is Nigeria Heading For A Civil War ? by Zikora1000(f): 1:30pm On Jul 17, 2019
Herdsmenson:
the old eastern region was created by the British they gave igbos key to control the minorities there.

Every ethnic groups for itself
you lied! Igbos of igweocha ( portharcourt) and Igbos of cross river , Delta and akwaibom are part of my old eastern region.Others can carve out whatever niche they want for themselves, who cares?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Situation Of Things Right Now At Owerri / Ministerial List With Their Portfolio / See What This Politician Did To His Community Demanding Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.