Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,199 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

If Symbian Was Still Available, Which Would You Choose Between It & Android? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / If Symbian Was Still Available, Which Would You Choose Between It & Android? (2533 Views)

Nokia Symbian Phone / I Need A Nokia 808 Symbian Phone / Symbian OS Gets A New Unofficial Update With Delight 1.7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Symbian Was Still Available, Which Would You Choose Between It & Android? by phonedaddy: 9:08am On Jul 17, 2019
The beautiful memories of those good old days is still very fresh in the head of so many people as they share their experience the Apps, Games and OS they enjoyed/rocked back then.

It seems a whole lot of people are still in love with the Nokia Symbian OS, the Apps and it’s various interesting games such as:-

Brother in Arms, Splinter Cell, Crash Bandicoot and other beautiful games and this pushed me to ask you all this question {:16_21:}

If Symbian OS Was Still Around, Which Would You Accept Between It & Android?

Drop your comments

http://www.infinix.club/ng/forum/824/1326958
Re: If Symbian Was Still Available, Which Would You Choose Between It & Android? by TDonald: 9:38am On Jul 17, 2019
STUPID QUESTION

TRY AGAIN

undecided

2 Likes

Re: If Symbian Was Still Available, Which Would You Choose Between It & Android? by ITbomb(m): 9:42am On Jul 17, 2019
Comparing Android v1.0 and Symbian then, Symbian was way ahead

Battery efficiency, privacy, multitasking and resources used which made it run smoothly even on low specs like iPhone, not Android that depends on heavy specs to run with accompanying heat and battery drag

So if maybe we would have had Symbian v10 by now, who knows how it would be

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Symbian Was Still Available, Which Would You Choose Between It & Android? by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 17, 2019
I think the comparison should have been, if BlackBerry still holds its ground, which will you choose between it and Android?

And most definitely, I would have gone for BlackBerry for privacy reasons, this Android is a surveillance gadget ish! undecided
Re: If Symbian Was Still Available, Which Would You Choose Between It & Android? by cassidy1996(m): 11:35am On Jul 17, 2019
phonedaddy:
The beautiful memories of those good old days is still very fresh in the head of so many people as they share their experience the Apps, Games and OS they enjoyed/rocked back then.

It seems a whole lot of people are still in love with the Nokia Symbian OS, the Apps and it’s various interesting games such as:-

Brother in Arms, Splinter Cell, Crash Bandicoot and other beautiful games and this pushed me to ask you all this question {:16_21:}

If Symbian OS Was Still Around, Which Would You Accept Between It & Android?

Drop your comments

http://www.infinix.club/ng/forum/824/1326958
Symbian rocks... i miss those days.............

2 Likes

Re: If Symbian Was Still Available, Which Would You Choose Between It & Android? by alphaNomega: 1:35pm On Jul 17, 2019
ITbomb:

Battery efficiency, privacy, multitasking and resources used which made it run smoothly even on low specs like iPhone, not Android that depends on heavy specs to run with accompanying heat and battery drag

Exactly. Symbian would have evolved to be a formidable alternative in the mobile phone market.

I think the purchase of Nokia by Microsoft was significant to the end of Symbian. They had a running contract with the OS which could not be renewed due to the agreement Nokia and Microsoft had at the time.

I am.not surprised at the outcome.
Re: If Symbian Was Still Available, Which Would You Choose Between It & Android? by budaatum: 2:20pm On Jul 17, 2019
Re: If Symbian Was Still Available, Which Would You Choose Between It & Android? by budaatum: 2:21pm On Jul 17, 2019
questechie:
I think the comparison should have been, if BlackBerry still holds its ground, which will you choose between it and Android?

And most definitely, I would have gone for BlackBerry for privacy reasons, this Android is a surveillance gadget ish! undecided
Unfortunately, BlackBerry is Android now, though I think the privacy is still much better than what I experienced on Samsung. Nothing like the BBZ30 though.

Posted on [url=https://blackberrymobile.com/uk/product/blackberry-motion/?campaign=%C2%B0C_-_S_-_Brand_]BlackBerry Motion[/url]
Re: If Symbian Was Still Available, Which Would You Choose Between It & Android? by tchidi066(f): 3:53pm On Jul 17, 2019
Those good old days... I loved my Symbian phone then... Much more than my Android phone of today

2 Likes

Re: If Symbian Was Still Available, Which Would You Choose Between It & Android? by respect80(m): 3:53pm On Jul 17, 2019
ITbomb:

True but you forgot to mention tweaking which has become less in this era of Android
Re: If Symbian Was Still Available, Which Would You Choose Between It & Android? by 9jaunite: 4:48pm On Jul 17, 2019
respect80:

True but you forgot to mention tweaking which has become less in this era of Android
Yes ooo

2 Likes

Re: If Symbian Was Still Available, Which Would You Choose Between It & Android? by princemillla(m): 5:00pm On Jul 17, 2019
The blunt truth is no matter the update Symbian might get, it Can never match up with the speed on Android.

Donnot compare Symbian and Android

1 Like

Re: If Symbian Was Still Available, Which Would You Choose Between It & Android? by seunfly: 5:01pm On Jul 17, 2019
If Symbian can be compared with andriod, it will still be alive today.
Re: If Symbian Was Still Available, Which Would You Choose Between It & Android? by mrNEMZY(m): 8:23pm On Jul 17, 2019
One thing android gave us over java, Symbian and black berry that you guys seem to take for granted is protection from viruses.

U will be with ur files this instant, next your phone will go blank.

I would use android 1.0 any day above the costliest Symbian device.

This op too like suffering

Nonsense
Re: If Symbian Was Still Available, Which Would You Choose Between It & Android? by GraGra247(m): 9:11pm On Jul 17, 2019
mrNEMZY:
One thing android gave us over java, Symbian and black berry that you guys seem to take for granted is protection from viruses.

U will be with ur files this instant, next your phone will go blank.

I would use android 1.0 any day above the costliest Symbian device.

This op too like suffering

Nonsense

So you mean Android don't have viruses.

1 Like

Re: If Symbian Was Still Available, Which Would You Choose Between It & Android? by fr3do(m): 10:07pm On Jul 17, 2019
I get it, you are feeling nostalgic but symbian is a thing of the dark ages of mobile telephoning.
Re: If Symbian Was Still Available, Which Would You Choose Between It & Android? by mrNEMZY(m): 5:47am On Jul 18, 2019
GraGra247:

So you mean Android don't have viruses.

They do, but you gotta admit, android software protection is bae.

Let's be practical, since you started using android, have a virus ever crashed the system?
Re: If Symbian Was Still Available, Which Would You Choose Between It & Android? by BuhBye: 6:07am On Jul 18, 2019
respect80:

Symbian doesn't even come close to Android tweaking.
Re: If Symbian Was Still Available, Which Would You Choose Between It & Android? by respect80(m): 7:14am On Jul 18, 2019
BuhBye:

Symbian doesn't even come close to Android tweaking.
When I say tweaking , I'm not talking of how much you could manipulate your phone which of course I know one has more access to hidden features in Android than Symbian. When I say tweaking, I mean free browsing cos that's what the word tweaking was centered on as at then.
The truth is that our network providers were more vulnerable in that era of Symbian than they are now.
Back then, helping people tweak their phones to gain access to free browsing was one of my source of income.
Re: If Symbian Was Still Available, Which Would You Choose Between It & Android? by TANID(m): 7:37am On Jul 18, 2019
tchidi066:
Those good old days... I loved my Symbian phone then... Much more than my Android phone of today
Re: If Symbian Was Still Available, Which Would You Choose Between It & Android? by GraGra247(m): 8:57am On Jul 18, 2019
mrNEMZY:

They do, but you gotta admit, android software protection is bae.

Let's be practical, since you started using android, have a virus ever crashed the system?

Personally haven't bet I've witnessed countless users that have.
Re: If Symbian Was Still Available, Which Would You Choose Between It & Android? by phonedaddy: 11:56am On Jul 19, 2019
cassidy1996:
Symbian rocks... i miss those days.............
oh yea

1 Like

Re: If Symbian Was Still Available, Which Would You Choose Between It & Android? by rayjox(m): 12:36pm On Jul 19, 2019
I really want to know what major thing android is doing now that symbian haven't done
Re: If Symbian Was Still Available, Which Would You Choose Between It & Android? by Ovie56(m): 1:17pm On Jul 19, 2019
princemillla:
The blunt truth is no matter the update Symbian might get, it Can never match up with the clock speed on Android.

Android is currently clocking at 2.9Ghz, Symbian can never match up.

Donnot compare Symbian and Android
This is like so dumb, Clock speed is entirely on Hardware, they're talking about software here.
Now that i think about it Symbian Os was far ahead then, with updates to the interface it could have been a rival to ios and android
Re: If Symbian Was Still Available, Which Would You Choose Between It & Android? by yusfatedeeprof(m): 2:57pm On Jul 19, 2019
Ovie56:

This is like so dumb, Clock speed is entirely on Hardware, they're talking about software here.
Now that i think about it Symbian Os was far ahead then, with updates to the interface it could have been a rival to ios and android
Rival to what actually killed and buried it? symbian os died from the advent of android os and ios ........ The os can in no way match or compete with android or ios even at its best

Like comparing agbalumo to strawberry
Re: If Symbian Was Still Available, Which Would You Choose Between It & Android? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 19, 2019
ITbomb:

But stnbian was never used on an iPhone so me no understand u oh. Meanwhile the way both is are designed is different. Right from Android version 1.0 it was obvious the os was designed for greater things, to run heavy apps and to be more productive and efficient which has been improved with every update. Stnbian on the other hand never had the same vision Android had or still have. I remember a few years again when I bought Nokia n8 which was the 1st phone to run symbian 3 os. Great phone, even Nokia in their adverts tried to mock apple by saying their phone can do a lot more than iPhones. They didn't dare to mock Android then because they know symbian is never a match for Android.

As a matter of fact if symbian os was still available now it would have died a natural death. No match for iOS not to talk of Android. Even windows phone tried and failed.
Re: If Symbian Was Still Available, Which Would You Choose Between It & Android? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 19, 2019
yusfatedeeprof:

Rival to what actually killed and buried it? symbian os died from the advent of android os and ios ........ The os can in no way match or compete with android or ios even at its best

Correct. I don't even know what some people are thinking comparing those 2. Symbian died because Android and iOS took center stage and symbian couldn't compete. Even windows phone came out and couldn't match up. Android is everywhere, on phones, tablets, TV's, refrigerators, car stereos, watches. Etc. The possibility is limitless. It is way way ahead of symbian.

1 Like

Re: If Symbian Was Still Available, Which Would You Choose Between It & Android? by naphunlimited(m): 5:37pm On Jul 19, 2019
Android
Re: If Symbian Was Still Available, Which Would You Choose Between It & Android? by Ovie56(m): 7:52pm On Jul 19, 2019
yusfatedeeprof:

Thrash, Did you see android and ios when it first started? they wa're way below symbian os , but they got better with time,
you remember the time of froyo right, cup cake, Doughnuts compared to the Sysmbian Os on E90 comunicator?

1 Like

Re: If Symbian Was Still Available, Which Would You Choose Between It & Android? by yusfatedeeprof(m): 8:56pm On Jul 19, 2019
Ovie56:
Thrash, Did you see android and ios when it first started? they wa're way below symbian os , but they got better with time,
you remember the time of froyo right, cup cake, Doughnuts compared to the Sysmbian Os on E90 comunicator?
So are you trying to say if symbian os development haven't been discontinued it would have surpass the current android 9.0 iteration?

We are not comparing the first versions of android os and symbian os here but the os itself and its potentials and abilities
Re: If Symbian Was Still Available, Which Would You Choose Between It & Android? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 19, 2019
Ovie56:

Bro what are u saying sef? IOS was a game changer. It was the turning stone to how a mobile phone OS should look like. Even the 1st version of IOS clearly was better than the highest version of Symbian then. Android came to tackle IOS, Symbian was never a match for those 2 and that was why it naturally died.
Re: If Symbian Was Still Available, Which Would You Choose Between It & Android? by Ovie56(m): 9:47pm On Jul 19, 2019
yusfatedeeprof:

So are you trying to say if symbian os development haven't been discontinued it would have surpass the current android 9.0 iteration?

We are not comparing the first versions of android os and symbian os here but the os itself and its potentials and abilities
Im not saying it will surpass with certainty, but it has potentials to be great

(1) (Reply)

How To Enable Whatsapp Dark Mode On Your Android And Ios Phone / I Need 3 Compelling Reasons Why I Should/should Not Buy A Tecno Phone. / How Chinese Scammers Are Scamming APPLE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.