Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

3 Terrible Financial Mistakes You Are Making As A Youth - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 3 Terrible Financial Mistakes You Are Making As A Youth (38414 Views)

5 Financial Mistakes New Business Owners Should Avoid / Four Common Financial Mistakes Most People In Nigeria Make / How To Avoid Common Financial Mistakes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Terrible Financial Mistakes You Are Making As A Youth by alexvatt(m): 5:36pm On Oct 02, 2019
Netanyahu1:

You sound very experienced, just by reading your post I know you have employed a Nigerian at one point. They are the worse set of people to have as your staffs. Little wonder dangote has foreigners as his top managers .

Any day I'm able to have a lebanies or Indian manage my business then I will know I have arrived.
Yes I understand you guys. I promise you I can manage ur business perfectly for u. Get my contact on my signature.
Re: 3 Terrible Financial Mistakes You Are Making As A Youth by Psalm2423(m): 5:56pm On Oct 02, 2019
BiafranBushBoy:
Join the contribution and tell me, which other financial mistakes do you think people are also making?

lazy ass people always filled with complaints!!

Nawa for some 9ja youths who prefer BB9ja over setting up something for themselves!!!

Looking to invest?

Click here to See the best investments in Nigeria

Stocks mostly ain’t passive incomes. Unless you’re limited to the NSE. There are other things like overspending, getting a car to show off, and buying things when you don’t have 10x the amount for that item (unless it’s basic needs). If you don’t have 20m, don’t satisfy a desire of 2m. 10x gets used up quickly. Plus on emergency funds; I won’t even advise saving a large sum as emergency funds. That’s literally living from hand to mouth unless you are very rich (in which case you won’t budget for emergency funds). Rather than save, invest. If you’re less than 25, engage in riskier investments. This is the only point where you’re thinking bout yourself only. A married man would reduce his risk (not all though, the stronger ones would engage). Lastly, don’t show off cause you have money in your youth. Truth is; no body really reasons you when you’re less than 35, cause you still have a chance to make money. Oh, and don’t incur debt. This is coming from someone who has huge debts grin. I actually incurred them when things were not good. Even 500k per month won’t save you from debts if you love borrowing for instant gratification. Personal story. grin

Pardon any error.

1 Like

Re: 3 Terrible Financial Mistakes You Are Making As A Youth by JustAPhase(m): 5:57pm On Oct 02, 2019
lol
Re: 3 Terrible Financial Mistakes You Are Making As A Youth by verifiablefacts: 6:04pm On Oct 02, 2019
nnamdibig:

They should show their businesses and how the said plans have worked.
The best person to advise how to make money is someone like Dangote, Elumelu, J Ovia, not an unemployed youth somewhere struggling to make ends meet like everyone else.
if Dangote should disguise as a poor man and offer you advice, you won't listen.

1 Like

Re: 3 Terrible Financial Mistakes You Are Making As A Youth by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:18pm On Oct 02, 2019
thesicilian:
There are no employees among the list of world's richest men.

Yeah. They all came out from the womb as employers of labour.
Re: 3 Terrible Financial Mistakes You Are Making As A Youth by thesicilian: 7:54pm On Oct 02, 2019
ChidiAlaigbo:

And exactly what is the point of becoming the world's richest man or among the richest in the world?

I want answers to this question please....
The level of impact you have in helping the less privileged is almost always directly proportional to your own financial status.
Re: 3 Terrible Financial Mistakes You Are Making As A Youth by halogate: 7:56pm On Oct 02, 2019
Eddygourdo:
Happiness in life is not dependent on how much you make, but how much problems you face.

You might make 50k and all ur problems are worth 20k, while someone else might make 100k and all his problems are worth 95k. Who exactly has it best in life? That's higher earner? I doubt that.

Work hard, love alot, try to be happy and merry with the little your hard work gives you. Because death is always knocking and soonest it could be time for the door to open.

What does it profit a man to save all an invest all, suffering himself in the process only to use the money to treat and manage an ailment which will eventually kill him anyway.

..my brother i agree with u oh. my first n foremost desire is good health. the others can follow.
my cousin was saving(drastically) to travel out, and then he died overnight.
after the burial..we access im account, 500plus naim dey there.
lass lass na family share d money round.
..i cnt kill myself chasing money
Re: 3 Terrible Financial Mistakes You Are Making As A Youth by Mryacks: 8:40pm On Oct 02, 2019
passyhansome:
I Have Never Met A RICH Person Who Has Never lost Money but I Have Met A Lot Of POOR People Who Has Never Lost A Dime-Robert Kiyosaki-

The Primary Difference Between The RICH & The POOR Is How They Handle FEAR in Investment -Robert Kiyosaki-

Have Positive mindset about investment. You can NEVER be Rich if you are too SCARE of losing Money

SALARY alone can not solve your money problems. You need Secondary Source of income to balance

SALARY is the MEDICINE for managing POVERTY, it doesn't CURE it. Only your BUSINESS or INVESTMENT Cure Poverty

Be FINANCIAL INTELLIGENT

Thanks for this info....point three so noted!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Terrible Financial Mistakes You Are Making As A Youth by skywalker240(m): 10:07pm On Oct 02, 2019
Oga biafra,

Dis one you de talk 150k, 300k bla bla bla,

4 which youth ?

Naija youth wey neva chop bellefull ?

abi na the once wey don pass 30 and dem still dey under Palé roof de do Mama thank you?

abi the once wey de go sitdown bet9ja house morning till night?

abi the once wey de hustle labukay 1.5k-2k a day?

(mind u, 4rm that 2k em chop money dey, transport money dey, im reach house im go buy wetin im go cook, woman go come, she go demand her own, credit im buy last he go pay)

which of the averrage youth you see around wey de see 70k monthly on a regular sef not to talk 100

if you say the once wey de do business, that one enta (lets assume dats D group you're reffering to)

in a scale of 35% to 150% how many you con think say dia business dey give them that kind amount in a month? (my broda for dis naija wey me and you dey we know say e no go pass 9.5)
d rest fit de struggle to meet up financialy to upgrade 1 or 2 for businex, & no be al d tym dem de gain.

Madenigga tok big word.
Biafranbushboy
Re: 3 Terrible Financial Mistakes You Are Making As A Youth by romenna: 10:38pm On Oct 02, 2019
Tumbulum:
Hahahahahaha. Easier said than done. Test book business men everywhere.
my thoughts exactly.
see his mouth like STREAMS OF INCOME grin
Him tink say to make money na wishful thinking
Re: 3 Terrible Financial Mistakes You Are Making As A Youth by BiafranBushBoy: 10:54pm On Oct 02, 2019
skywalker240:
Oga biafra,

Dis one you de talk 150k, 300k bla bla bla,

4 which youth ?

Naija youth wey neva chop bellefull ?

abi na the once wey don pass 30 and dem still dey under Palé roof de do Mama thank you?

abi the once wey de go sitdown bet9ja house morning till night?

abi the once wey de hustle labukay 1.5k-2k a day?

(mind u, 4rm that 2k em chop money dey, transport money dey, im reach house im go buy wetin im go cook, woman go come, she go demand her own, credit im buy last he go pay)

which of the averrage youth you see around wey de see 70k monthly on a regular sef not to talk 100

if you say the once wey de do business, that one enta (lets assume dats D group you're reffering to)

in a scale of 35% to 150% how many you con think say dia business dey give them that kind amount in a month? (my broda for dis naija wey me and you dey we know say e no go pass 9.5)
d rest fit de struggle to meet up financialy to upgrade 1 or 2 for businex, & no be al d tym dem de gain.

Madenigga tok big word.
Biafranbushboy

I totally understand the challenges.

Thanks for pointing it out.
Re: 3 Terrible Financial Mistakes You Are Making As A Youth by BiafranBushBoy: 10:55pm On Oct 02, 2019
romenna:
my thoughts exactly.
see his mouth like STREAMS OF INCOME grin
Him tink say to make money na wishful thinking

Now that you feel good because you saw someone with your mentality, what next?

Come let me show you under 25 years old guys working their ass off and making over $2000 every month.

I advise you go back to instagram and wait for giveaways!

2 Likes

Re: 3 Terrible Financial Mistakes You Are Making As A Youth by vikstandon(m): 11:07pm On Oct 02, 2019
BiafranBushBoy:

Oopps... Sorry you are wrong. I live it practically...

People leveraging on others... People go soon follow you... Master Oral!! Show working!!
Re: 3 Terrible Financial Mistakes You Are Making As A Youth by Alex09(m): 11:38pm On Oct 02, 2019
Thanks
Re: 3 Terrible Financial Mistakes You Are Making As A Youth by BiafranBushBoy: 11:41pm On Oct 02, 2019
vikstandon:

People leveraging on others... People go soon follow you... Master Oral!! Show working!!

I should show you my working?

Because you are who?

Did I sell anything to you in the article or beg you to buy it?

I posted an article... if you don't like it, keep doing what you are doing and be happy!
Re: 3 Terrible Financial Mistakes You Are Making As A Youth by Mraproko1: 11:42pm On Oct 02, 2019
I can't kill myself allow me to flex
Re: 3 Terrible Financial Mistakes You Are Making As A Youth by romenna: 11:46pm On Oct 02, 2019
BiafranBushBoy:

Now that you feel good because you saw someone with your mentality, what next?

Come let me show you under 25 years old guys working their ass off and making over $2000 every month.

I advise you go back to instagram and wait for giveaways!
smh
u obviously dont know u r talking to someone who became a landlord in the FCT @ 28.
Keep tinkin u know everytin, BUSH BOY
Re: 3 Terrible Financial Mistakes You Are Making As A Youth by BiafranBushBoy: 12:31am On Oct 03, 2019
romenna:
smh
u obviously dont know u r talking to someone who became a landlord in the FCT @ 28.
Keep tinkin u know everytin, BUSH BOY

Shut the Bleep up!

Of all things to hype with, LandLord cheesy

Mtcheww... Thought as much!

Broke ass!
Re: 3 Terrible Financial Mistakes You Are Making As A Youth by bluefilm: 1:00am On Oct 03, 2019
Tumbulum:
Hahahahahaha. Easier said than done. Test book business men everywhere.

I dey tell you. grin grin grin
Re: 3 Terrible Financial Mistakes You Are Making As A Youth by bluefilm: 1:06am On Oct 03, 2019
verifiablefacts:

if Dangote should disguise as a poor man and offer you advice, you won't listen.

Exactly!!!

Those ones looking for 'proofs' are actually looking for 'excuses' not to get something started.
Re: 3 Terrible Financial Mistakes You Are Making As A Youth by komodapson(m): 2:16am On Oct 03, 2019
Eddygourdo:
time proves everything[b]. You will see that nothing means anything afteral[/b]l. Simply be contented with the hand that you were dealt. However isn't imply that you shouldn't work hard everyday and give your best. Just don't be sad when you best doesn't still being you succor. Life is cruel to us all.

Hmmm...this is deep... In words of my grandma, she does succinctly, nothing is worth dying for....
Most especially, as you grow older...more 'n' more things become meaningless to you

1 Like

Re: 3 Terrible Financial Mistakes You Are Making As A Youth by maasoap(m): 10:06am On Oct 03, 2019
Eddygourdo:
we both agree on something. There was no gain to the man. Other people gained. Many of whom possibly despise the man.

One must work hard, ball hard and play hard when his or her sun is still shining. Won't be long when the sun will set on him anyway. The sun will eventually set on all of us, guess the man who worked and played hard will have the least regrets.

No, not all. I can't advocate for that. My point is that, one must not live a reckless live in an attempt to enjoy life. Most especially when one has dependants whose lives might become miserable if one eventually died penny less or end up penny less as a result of negative attitude towards life. One must try to maintain balance, must not make himself a center of the universe.

There is this one man in my area, he was among the ex phcn staff. As uneducated as he was, he went home with 13 million naira at the end of the privatisation exercise. Because he was having a not too perfect health, he decided to blow everything by himself, on himself. Nothing for the kids, nothing for wife. People advised him to invest little part of the money, he insisted that he wouldn't live long. But this man still goes to the hospital to buy his medications every week which means he is not ready to throw in the towel. Today, he's only relying on his monthly contributory pension allowance of 40k per month for a limited number of years. Out of the money, 20k goes for drugs monthly. Is that life?
Re: 3 Terrible Financial Mistakes You Are Making As A Youth by romenna: 1:16pm On Oct 03, 2019
BiafranBushBoy:

Shut the Bleep up!

Of all things to hype with, LandLord cheesy

Mtcheww... Thought as much!

Broke ass!
small pikin we no know him papa mates
go ask how much they sell a plot of land in abuja
Re: 3 Terrible Financial Mistakes You Are Making As A Youth by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 03, 2019
romenna:

small pikin we no know him papa mates
go ask how much they sell a plot of land in abuja
It depends on the areagrin. Some areas go as low as 300k. Dagbana for jikwoyi side na FCT cheesy
Re: 3 Terrible Financial Mistakes You Are Making As A Youth by incentive: 10:12pm On Oct 03, 2019
True talk
Re: 3 Terrible Financial Mistakes You Are Making As A Youth by Lordswazz(m): 3:36pm On Oct 26, 2019
Re: 3 Terrible Financial Mistakes You Are Making As A Youth by Lordswazz(m): 5:21pm On Oct 26, 2019
BiafranBushBoy:

I totally understand the challenges.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Good day Bro. I know from a previous thread titled "How Did You Make Your First Million" that you do a bit of KDP as one of your income stream, and you've achieved some level of success with it. I too ventured into self publishing after reading up a thread here about it. i have published four books, and i'm on the fifth. the challenge i'm having is, i am yet to make any tangible sale.

I have made just three sales cumulatively and a handful of KENP readings. i have tried several strategies since my first book, in a bid to boost sales on the platform but they seem not to be working.
Anytime i launch a book and do free promotions, i get maybe 15 - 20 free downloads a day for each of the days, but :

1. They don't leave any reviews after downloading, and
2. Sales go back to what they've been before the free promotion, which is zero.

I even bought Publisher Rocket (KDP Rocket) in a bid to better my keyword research, but i am yet to reap any rewards from all the investments i've made in time and money.

Is it that i haven't been doing proper keyword research? or that i don't format properly?

my last book, i created a landing page and an email list for it, so that i could get some subscribers. I even put a link to my review page on Amazon at the last part of the book, still yet, no reviews, just one subscriber after about 60 free downloads.

Is there any advice you can give to me that can help me increase sales, do better keyword research, and get people to drop reviews?

I should have mailed you instead but i have no access to your email address. Please, I would really be very grateful if you could help me with some experienced advice in boosting sales because right now, my motivation to carry on is at rock bottom, since all of the hard work is yet to reap any dividend.

Here is a link to all my books. Maybe you could just help me spare a little time and check them out to help me fish out my flaws? I would be immensely grateful.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Z8TJ3V7
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YSPCC6V
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YKC1V7Y
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WVBHPS9

My email address is swazyfrank90@gmail.com. You could reply me on this thread, or you could just send it privately if you so please. Thank you very much.
Re: 3 Terrible Financial Mistakes You Are Making As A Youth by BiafranBushBoy: 5:40pm On Oct 26, 2019
Lordswazz:

Good day Bro. I know from a previous thread titled "How Did You Make Your First Million" that you do a bit of KDP as one of your income stream, and you've achieved some level of success with it. I too ventured into self publishing after reading up a thread here about it. i have published four books, and i'm on the fifth. the challenge i'm having is, i am yet to make any tangible sale.

I have made just three sales cumulatively and a handful of KENP readings. i have tried several strategies since my first book, in a bid to boost sales on the platform but they seem not to be working.
Anytime i launch a book and do free promotions, i get maybe 15 - 20 free downloads a day for each of the days, but :

1. They don't leave any reviews after downloading, and
2. Sales go back to what they've been before the free promotion, which is zero.

I even bought Publisher Rocket (KDP Rocket) in a bid to better my keyword research, but i am yet to reap any rewards from all the investments i've made in time and money.

Is it that i haven't been doing proper keyword research? or that i don't format properly?

my last book, i created a landing page and an email list for it, so that i could get some subscribers. I even put a link to my review page on Amazon at the last part of the book, still yet, no reviews, just one subscriber after about 60 free downloads.

Is there any advice you can give to me that can help me increase sales, do better keyword research, and get people to drop reviews?

I should have mailed you instead but i have no access to your email address. Please, I would really be very grateful if you could help me with some experienced advice in boosting sales because right now, my motivation to carry on is at rock bottom, since all of the hard work is yet to reap any dividend.

Here is a link to all my books. Maybe you could just help me spare a little time and check them out to help me fish out my flaws? I would be immensely grateful.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Z8TJ3V7
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YSPCC6V
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YKC1V7Y
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WVBHPS9

My email address is swazyfrank90@gmail.com. You could reply me on this thread, or you could just send it privately if you so please. Thank you very much.

Send me your Whatsapp number to

Broadwaymarketingconsults@gmail.com
Re: 3 Terrible Financial Mistakes You Are Making As A Youth by Lordswazz(m): 3:33pm On Oct 29, 2019
BiafranBushBoy:

Send me your Whatsapp number to

Broadwaymarketingconsults@gmail.com
A very good afternoon to you, and thanks for reaching out. i have sent the number to the above email.
Re: 3 Terrible Financial Mistakes You Are Making As A Youth by BiafranBushBoy: 3:53pm On Oct 29, 2019
Lordswazz:

A very good afternoon to you, and thanks for reaching out. i have sent the number to the above email.

I have been Travelling since 3 weeks. Once I get back, I will respond.

Hopefully tonight.
Re: 3 Terrible Financial Mistakes You Are Making As A Youth by Lordswazz(m): 5:18pm On Oct 29, 2019
BiafranBushBoy:

I have been Travelling since 3 weeks. Once I get back, I will respond.

Hopefully tonight.
Okay. Thanks
Re: 3 Terrible Financial Mistakes You Are Making As A Youth by Ucee1999: 10:15pm On Aug 08, 2020
ednut1:
If i slap that ya face. Naso i go do cat fish business in the name of multiple source of income. One naira i no make. As a youth if u have money buy land and build houses for rental income

grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

First Bank Vs Dispatch Rider: N355 Million Fraud Scandal (Photo) / Free Training On Haulage Business In Nigeria / Tonia Kandiero Collapses And Dies In Her Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.