Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

Indomie Noodles! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Indomie Noodles! (12941 Views)

Indomie Compensates @Dikachim For Creating Fuel Queue And Indomie Tweet / Indomie Noodles Vs Dangote Noodles / Indomie Noodles With 'Ugu' Leaf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Indomie Noodles! by binaflexia: 6:25pm On Oct 12, 2010
I'm taking too much INDOMIE NOODLES nowadays, becos I'm too lazy/tired to cook.

I want to know if it has any side effect when taken at least once a day. I normally take it with boiled egg.

Any advice?
Re: Indomie Noodles! by drrionelli(m): 7:10pm On Oct 12, 2010
What, may I ask, are INDOMIE NOODLES?
Re: Indomie Noodles! by InkedNerd(f): 5:29am On Oct 13, 2010
Rubbish noodles, that's what they are. Mimee noodles are the best grin
Re: Indomie Noodles! by binaflexia: 6:35am On Oct 13, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Rubbish noodles, that's what they are. Mimee noodles are the best grin

I hope u don't market for mimee noodles?

drrionelli:

What a confusing and dumb question

Wonder why some peeps can't answer simple question or just walk away.

Pathetic!

1 Like

Re: Indomie Noodles! by InkedNerd(f): 6:51am On Oct 13, 2010
binaflexia:

I hope u don't market for mimee noodles?

Nope, I just prefer them to Indomie. Mimee rocks. I could eat 'em all day grin. I wish they sold 'em here in the US cry

binaflexia:

Pathetic!

Can you not be so rude to drrionelli? From his posts, I don't think he's Nigerian and besides, most of the places that sell them are African and Asian markets so if he's not near either of them then how is he supposed to know what it is. And another thing, it's obvious he knows what noodles are, but I doubt he's heard of that brand of noodles. He wouldn't have asked if he knew. Smh.
Re: Indomie Noodles! by MissyB3(f): 10:18am On Oct 13, 2010
binaflexia:

Pathetic!
That was rude and uncalled-for.

binaflexia:

I'm taking too much INDOMIE NOODLES nowadays, becos I'm too lazy/tired to cook.

I want to know if it has any side effect when taken at least once a day. I normally take it with boiled egg.

Any advice?
I take indomie a lot too. I have an impression it doesn't make me fat
[I don't know, from where I got that idea] grin
I don't know if it has side effects but you should be more worried about the intake of egg [if you eat it daily too], as eggs have a lot of cholesterol.

drrionelli:

kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Indomie Noodles! by binaflexia: 2:15pm On Oct 13, 2010
Missy ★ B:

That was rude and uncalled-for.
I take indomie a lot too. I have an impression it doesn't make me fat
[I don't know, from where I got that idea] grin
I don't know if it has side effects but you should be more worried about the intake of egg [if you eat it daily too], as eggs have a lot of cholesterol.

kiss kiss kiss

My reply to @Inked_Nerd was truly rude and uncalled for. I didn't get the question very well and i was frustrated to see the only reply been another question.

Thanks for your reply.

And for the egg/cholesterol. How much is too much? And how will I know if i have less or too much of it?
Re: Indomie Noodles! by MissyB2: 2:53pm On Oct 13, 2010
binaflexia:

My reply to @Inked_Nerd  was truly rude and uncalled for. I didn't get the question very well and i was frustrated to see the only reply been another question.
Nice one!  smiley

binaflexia:

And for the egg/cholesterol. How much is too much? And how will I know if i have less or too much of it?
Taking egg everyday is indubitably TOO MUCH for an adult.
2 times a week should be fine.
How to know if your cholesterol level is alright? I got a link for you.
Here . . . http://www.lifeclinic.com/focus/cholesterol/about_it.asp
Re: Indomie Noodles! by InkedNerd(f): 5:04pm On Oct 13, 2010
binaflexia:

Wait a minute you guys eat it with eggs? Hmmm, I remember my cousin making noodles with eggs when I was younger but I thought it was just something she did. I didn't know other people do that as well.

Here are some links to show you the calories:

(1) http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cholesterol/HQ00608

(2) http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/generic/egg/

binaflexia:

My reply to @Inked_Nerd was truly rude and uncalled for. I didn't get the question very well and i was frustrated to see the only reply been another question.

Thanks for your reply.

Ok, I see wink
Re: Indomie Noodles! by binaflexia: 8:15pm On Oct 13, 2010
Inked_Nerd & Missy ♥ B

Those links were really helpful

Missy ♥ B I will definitely stick with your recommendation. I like eating them with Indomie and I was told it increase the level of testosterone.
Re: Indomie Noodles! by drrionelli(m): 9:11pm On Oct 13, 2010
@binaflexia:
I'm sorry if my question regarding Indomie Noodles was upsetting to you   embarassed.  Indeed, as Inked_Nerd has noted (and my profile notes), I'm not Nigerian.  I'm totally unfamiliar with this brand of noodle, as it's not available where I live in the US.

From what I see, it looks to be what we call, in the US, a type of Ramen noodle.  Very inexpensive and quick to prepare.  In fact, the suggestion has been made jokingly that American college students would starve to death were it not for these cheap and quick meals!  The creator of this food just recently died (in the past few years) at a ripe old age of 96 (if memory serves).

These noodles are often fried in oil in their processing, but there are also those which are low-fat (for the health and/or calorie conscious).  They can be used creatively as a side dish as a part of a balanced meal. 

In the states, such noodles (marketed under various brands), come in a surprising variety of flavours.  Some have even taken on ethnic twists (Mexican, American, Thai, etc.).  I, myself, tend to prefer the chicken (as shown). 

(Perhaps Inked_Nerd would care to further extol the virtues of her preferred Mimee noodles!   wink)
Re: Indomie Noodles! by InkedNerd(f): 2:48am On Oct 14, 2010
binaflexia:

Inked_Nerd & Missy ♥ B

Those links were really helpful

Missy ♥ B  I will definitely stick with your recommendation. I like eating them with Indomie and I was told it increase the level of testosterone.

Have you looked into that claim?

drrionelli:

@binaflexia:
I'm sorry if my question regarding Indomie Noodles was upsetting to you   embarassed.  Indeed, as Inked_Nerd has noted (and my profile notes), I'm not Nigerian.  I'm totally unfamiliar with this brand of noodle, as it's not available where I live in the US.

From what I see, it looks to be what we call, in the US, a type of Ramen noodle.  Very inexpensive and quick to prepare.  In fact, the suggestion has been made jokingly that American college students would starve to death were it not for these cheap and quick meals!  The creator of this food just recently died (in the past few years) at a ripe old age of 96 (if memory serves).

These noodles are often fried in oil in their processing, but there are also those which are low-fat (for the health and/or calorie conscious).  They can be used creatively as a side dish as a part of a balanced meal. 

In the states, such noodles (marketed under various brands), come in a surprising variety of flavours.  Some have even taken on ethnic twists (Mexican, American, Thai, etc.).  I, myself, tend to prefer the chicken (as shown). 

(Perhaps Inked_Nerd would care to further extol the virtues of her preferred Mimee noodles!   wink)

Hehehe, I ♥ Mimee noodles so much. Not only do their noodles taste better but the packaging  looks 10 times nicer than Indomine's packaging. I'm not gonna lie there's a reason why I like them more than Indomie but it's not because I work for the company or anything. I grew up eating Mimee noodles. Anyway, I'd choose Mimee any day grin. I hate Ramen noodles here, that's why I never eat them. Every time my mom goes to Nigeria, I always ask her to pack a whole bag of them. Unfortunately, they never seem to last long cry. I always end up eating them in a short amount of time.

Re: Indomie Noodles! by binaflexia: 4:04pm On Oct 14, 2010
drrionelli:

@binaflexia:

I'm sorry for been rude to you!

Inked_Nerd:

[size=12pt][font=times]
Have you looked into that claim?
I got the information from men's health forum. Maybe you can help me look into it. That will be very much appreciated

@Inked_Nerd
How do you prepare your Mimee Noodle? I want to give it a try
Re: Indomie Noodles! by Tolulop001(f): 5:41pm On Oct 14, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Hehehe, I ♥ Mimee noodles so much. Not only do their noodles taste better but the packaging  looks 10 times nicer than Indomine's packaging. I'm not gonna lie there's a reason why I like them more than Indomie but it's not because I work for the company or anything. I grew up eating Mimee noodles. Anyway, I'd choose Mimee any day grin. I hate Ramen noodles here, that's why I never eat them. Every time my mom goes to Nigeria, I always ask her to pack a whole bag of them. Unfortunately, they never seem to last long cry. I always end up eating them in a short amount of time.

pls ballpark, how old are u?
as far as i know mimee noodlec came out in the past 10 years lipsrsealed
Re: Indomie Noodles! by drrionelli(m): 6:38pm On Oct 14, 2010
binaflexia:

I'm sorry for been rude to you!
Thank you for being so gracious! I understand that my question was simply misconstrued.

Perhaps we should all have a "comparison taste test" of the different instant noodles that are in question. We could gather products from our respective areas, and see what's good (and maybe not so good) about them all.

(Even if no definitive conclusions are reached, it would still be a fun (and tasty) way to spend some time! wink)
Re: Indomie Noodles! by InkedNerd(f): 6:43pm On Oct 14, 2010
[font=times ]
binaflexia:

@Inked_Nerd
How do you prepare your Mimee Noodle? I want to give it a try

I try different ways of cooking it. For example, my cousin boils a little bit of water and let's it boil. When the small water boils, she pours the packet of noodles in so it won't be too watery or too sticky. Then I have another cousin who makes it a bit more watery.Another cousin soaks the noodles in water then microwaves it. I guess it depends on how the person likes to eat it. I like doing  it the first way I was taught.

Tolulop001:

pls ballpark, how old are u?
as far as i know mimee noodlec came out in the past 10 years  lipsrsealed

I'm 21. I first starting eating Mimee noodles when I was 12 years old. Are you trying to say I'm lying or something? [/font]
Re: Indomie Noodles! by Tolulop001(f): 10:10am On Oct 15, 2010
^^^i figured u were older for some reason so the story did not fit. guess it does now!
Re: Indomie Noodles! by djayxpro: 11:26am On Oct 15, 2010
There z dis other noodle i prefer 'TUMMY TUM'. I Think it's kinda tyta dan al odas. D pack is blue and it's by a fraction, larger dan INDOMIE. It's got vegetables in it, bt no oil. I add onion &dry pepper cuz d chili is too little.Anyway, i hope u guys try it!
Re: Indomie Noodles! by binaflexia: 7:21pm On Oct 15, 2010
@drrionelli Nice one.

, I will be back soon.
Re: Indomie Noodles! by InkedNerd(f): 12:56am On Oct 16, 2010
djay x-pro:

There z dis other noodle i prefer 'TUMMY TUM'. I Think it's kinda tyta dan al odas. D pack is blue and it's by a fraction, larger dan INDOMIE. It's got vegetables in it, bt no oil. I add onion &dry pepper cuz d chili is too little.Anyway, i hope u guys try it!

Are you sure it's called 'Tummy Tum'? I looked it up online and I saw 'Yummy Yum' noodles?
Re: Indomie Noodles! by djayxpro: 3:54am On Oct 16, 2010
I knw it's Tummy Tum. Yummy Yum is a name any food can be cald! Produced at Anambra State!
Re: Indomie Noodles! by InkedNerd(f): 5:38am On Oct 16, 2010
djay x-pro:

I knw it's Tummy Tum. Yummy Yum is a name any food can be cald! Produced at Anambra State!

Hmmm, I'll ask my mom to look into that when she goes home this year. How does it taste and what are the flavors?
Re: Indomie Noodles! by binaflexia: 12:51pm On Oct 16, 2010
@Inked_Nerd
I like eating eggs with Indomie and I was told it increase the level of testosterone.

Have you been able to help me look into that claim?

@drrionelli
Ever heard of CHIKKI Noodles?. I tried it and regretted. To me Indomie is still and remains the best
Re: Indomie Noodles! by drrionelli(m): 10:13pm On Oct 16, 2010
No, I'm not familiar with CHIKKI noodles.
Re: Indomie Noodles! by InkedNerd(f): 11:40pm On Oct 16, 2010
binaflexia:

@Inked_Nerd
I like eating eggs with Indomie and I was told it increase the level of testosterone.

Have you been able to help me look into that claim?

@drrionelli
Ever heard of CHIKKI Noodles?. I tried it and regretted. To me Indomie is still and remains the best

I've heard that as well but I think you should eat it in moderation. Too much egg isn't good for you >>> http://www.helium.com/items/860506-foods-that-increase-testosterone & http://ifitandhealthy.com/how-to-increase-testosterone-levels/

What's Chikki noodles? Never heard of it.
Re: Indomie Noodles! by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 17, 2010
Wait. I would have also doubt Ink Nerd. Cause Mimee Noodles came to Nigeria just few years back. We are many years behind trend her.

Chikki is also nice, i hated it at first, but laziness and hunger made me prefer it, when indomie had not introduced their bumper pack.

Still prefer indomie. I add onions and red pepper with mine. And fry eggs with it, sometimes. It's great that way!

As for side effect. Everything taken without moderacy definitely has side effects!
Re: Indomie Noodles! by djayxpro: 12:37am On Oct 18, 2010
It's Tummy Tummy! Confirmed! Blue pack. It contains d usual seasoning. Plus a red stuf like carrot and a green stuf like 'i dunno'(veggies r green, rite?). It makes sense sha, bt confirm by trial!, Ciao
Re: Indomie Noodles! by InkedNerd(f): 3:24am On Oct 18, 2010
Donpuzo:

Wait. I would have also doubt Ink Nerd. Cause Mimee Noodles came to Nigeria just few years back. We are many years behind trend her.

Keep doubting if you like.

djay x-pro:

It's Tummy Tummy! Confirmed! Blue pack. It contains d usual seasoning. Plus a red stuf like carrot and a green stuf like 'i dunno'(veggies r green, rite?). It makes sense sha, bt confirm by trial!, Ciao

Hmmm, I can't seem to find any info or pics about it. What does it look and taste like?
Re: Indomie Noodles! by djayxpro: 2:01pm On Oct 18, 2010
Where would ur mum come to? South, north, east or west! Dnt know about north or west bt if south or east, she will find it! U know how d noodle is laid when they r advertising on t.V? Yea,just like dat! Except u ll add d prawn, cucumber and tomato urself. I'm afraid to also say dat u ll need to add pepper cuz d chili is frustratingly not enough!
Re: Indomie Noodles! by binaflexia: 2:59pm On Oct 18, 2010
Donpuzo:

Chikki is also nice, i hated it at first, but laziness and hunger made me prefer it, when indomie had not introduced their bumper pack.

Still prefer indomie. I add onions and red pepper with mine. And fry eggs with it, sometimes. It's great that way!

As for side effect. Everything taken without moderacy definitely has side effects!

I add pepper too, but not onions. I don't fry the eggs, I boiled them. Can you explain the steps for me, so that I can try your method.

Never liked Chikki and I don't think I will ever. Indomie still the best and remains my favorites.
Re: Indomie Noodles! by InkedNerd(f): 4:14pm On Oct 18, 2010
djay x-pro:

Where would your mum come to? South, north, east or west! Dnt know about north or west bt if south or east, she will find it! U know how d noodle is laid when they r advertising on t.V? Yea,just like dat! Except u ll add d prawn, cucumber and tomato urself. I'm afraid to also say dat u ll need to add pepper cuz d chili is frustratingly not enough!

Most of the time she goes between Lagos, Imo state, and Enugu. Hmmmm, it doesn't sound too yummy but I'll give it a try. I'm always willing try something new.
Re: Indomie Noodles! by djayxpro: 8:05pm On Oct 18, 2010
She ll find it in Enugu. There is a number u can cal. I ll post it here. It is their customer care

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Cater To A Man Who Doesn't Eat Draw Soup. / The MYSTERY Chocolate Cake Reinvented / Do People Still Eat Three Square Meals Daily In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.