Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,509 members, 7,781,561 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:04 PM

Nigerian Imam Who Saved 262 Christians Receives US Religious Freedom Award - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Imam Who Saved 262 Christians Receives US Religious Freedom Award (332 Views)

US Religious Freedom Group Honours Deborah Samuel / Pastors Praise Trump For Skipping Climate Crisis Panel For Religious Freedom / Imam Who Hated Christians Until Jesus Raised Him Up From The Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Imam Who Saved 262 Christians Receives US Religious Freedom Award by MrAnele(m): 9:13am On Jul 18, 2019
83 - year - old Imam Abubakar Abdullahi , who hid 200 Christians from suspected bandits in Barkin Ladi Local Government Area of Plateau State has been announced as one of the recipients of the 2019 US International Religious Freedom Award .

Abubakar Abdullahi
Nigerian imam Abubakar Abdullahi, who risked his own life during June 2018 ethnic clashes that targeted predominantly Christian communities.

“As Imam Abdullahi was finishing midday prayers, he and his congregation heard gunshots and went outside to see members of the town’s Christian community fleeing,” the U.S. state department said. “Instinctively, the imam ushered 262 Christians into the mosque and his home next to the mosque.” The Imam then went outside to confront the gunmen and he refused to allow them to enter, pleading with them to spare the Christians inside, even offering to sacrifice his life for theirs.

Although the gunmen killed 84 people in Nghar village that day, Imam Abdullahi’s actions saved the lives of hundreds more.

The ceremony for the new International Religious Freedom Awards from the United States Department of State, was hosted yesterday by US department secretary Mike Pompeo

https://listwand.com/nigeria-imam-who-saved-262-christians-from-muslim-gunmen-receives-u-s-religious-freedom-award/

Re: Nigerian Imam Who Saved 262 Christians Receives US Religious Freedom Award by judgementyard(m): 9:22am On Jul 18, 2019
How I really wished that humanity would realize that despite our different views both religious and political,we are all human with red blood in our veins.Lets give Peace a chance.ONE LOVE MY PEOPLE !
Re: Nigerian Imam Who Saved 262 Christians Receives US Religious Freedom Award by MrAnele(m): 9:44am On Jul 18, 2019
judgementyard:
How I really wished that humanity would realize that despite our different views both religious and political,we are all human with red blood in our veins.Lets give Peace a chance.ONE LOVE MY PEOPLE !

If wishes were horses, beggars would ride
Re: Nigerian Imam Who Saved 262 Christians Receives US Religious Freedom Award by Cletus77(m): 10:38am On Jul 18, 2019
You can imagine all dis happenings in our so-called united Nigeria sad
Re: Nigerian Imam Who Saved 262 Christians Receives US Religious Freedom Award by Mraphel: 10:38am On Jul 18, 2019
84 people killed? This Northerners extremist are very wicked.

I started to support Ipods from today onward.
Re: Nigerian Imam Who Saved 262 Christians Receives US Religious Freedom Award by MrAnele(m): 11:28am On Jul 18, 2019
Mraphel:
84 people killed? This Northerners extremist are very wicked.

I started to support Ipods from today onward.

So all this while you thought the news going round are fake or what?
Re: Nigerian Imam Who Saved 262 Christians Receives US Religious Freedom Award by EmperorHarry: 7:27pm On Jul 18, 2019
I don't know why people still don't see that the same people who are innately stupid and gullible enough to cause harm to another innocent human all in the name of religious or tribal differences are still the same people that would still twist&distort anything else just to cause harm to another being.The imam that was willing to risk his life for the sake of others(even tho they could have killed him and still massacred the folks he was trying to protect),is he alien? tongue
Re: Nigerian Imam Who Saved 262 Christians Receives US Religious Freedom Award by MrAnele(m): 7:56pm On Jul 18, 2019
Cletus77:
You can imagine all dis happenings in our so-called united Nigeria sad

E tire me too

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

. / . / Who Is Jesus Christ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.