Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

Mikel Obi Announces His Retirement From Super Eagles - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi Announces His Retirement From Super Eagles (23327 Views)

Karim Benzema Announces His Retirement From International Football / Odion Ighalo Finally Speaks On His Retirement From Super Eagle National Team / Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel Obi Announces His Retirement From Super Eagles by Correctgist(f): 12:47pm On Jul 18, 2019
Super Eagles captain John Obi Mikel has bowed out of the Nigerian national team after the end of the Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) in Egypt.

The former Chelsea midfielder, who will be plying his trade with Trabzonspor in the Turkish topflight in the new season wrote;

Egypt is a country where I’ve started and have finished my National career. In 2006 I played my first official championship for my Country. 2019 African Cup of Nations marks my last championship for National Team with Super Eagles.

My national career started in 2003 under 17 World Cup and I’m grateful for the national team for placing me on the world arena and giving me an opportunity to show my skill and have an incredible National and International career.

At the age of 32 it’s time for me to retire from the National team and let the youth take over, who’ve done an amazing job securing a bronze medal at AFCON 2019.

Thank you to all my Nigerian supporters and to my Country for all the trust, support and love you’ve shown me over the past 15 years.
Mikel out!

See more:
https://zenithnaija.com/mikel-obi-retires-from-the-nigerian-national-team/

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mikel Obi Announces His Retirement From Super Eagles by Correctgist(f): 12:48pm On Jul 18, 2019
Re: Mikel Obi Announces His Retirement From Super Eagles by Kreamie(m): 1:25pm On Jul 18, 2019
Encore.
He’s prolly tired of their BS. undecided

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mikel Obi Announces His Retirement From Super Eagles by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:25pm On Jul 18, 2019
We thank you for all the good times you shared with us Mikel.

We will always love and adore you.

You are the most decorated player to ever put on our National Jersey.

It is not over for you yet, this is just the beginning of more sucess in your life as you move to Turkey to make well over half a bilion naira in just a year!

Keep flying high man!

Overall, we wish you and your beautiful family, all the very best in life.

Nice knowing you.

Kisses and Hugs! kiss kiss

108 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mikel Obi Announces His Retirement From Super Eagles by bro4u: 1:26pm On Jul 18, 2019
After making life difficult for super eagles with your shabby play you now want to retire...ok oo kontinu

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mikel Obi Announces His Retirement From Super Eagles by lexyman(m): 1:26pm On Jul 18, 2019
he is a Nigeria legend... he has the best football record among them .

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Obi Announces His Retirement From Super Eagles by chukwugoziegi: 1:26pm On Jul 18, 2019
Retiring at 32, na 32 your mate dey retire abi?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Obi Announces His Retirement From Super Eagles by Digital101: 1:26pm On Jul 18, 2019
Good news
Re: Mikel Obi Announces His Retirement From Super Eagles by soleexx(m): 1:26pm On Jul 18, 2019
That keeper nko

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Obi Announces His Retirement From Super Eagles by Centcanada: 1:27pm On Jul 18, 2019
Really?
Re: Mikel Obi Announces His Retirement From Super Eagles by MXD5050: 1:27pm On Jul 18, 2019
Make e go na
Re: Mikel Obi Announces His Retirement From Super Eagles by ednut1(m): 1:27pm On Jul 18, 2019
5 years late

5 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Announces His Retirement From Super Eagles by wwwtortoise(m): 1:27pm On Jul 18, 2019
cool

Good riddance to bad slow rubbish.

5 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Announces His Retirement From Super Eagles by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 18, 2019
A VERY UNCOMMON PATRIOT.YOU HAVE DONE YOUR BIT.WISH YOU GREAT SUCCESS IN YOUR POST RETIREMENT YEARS.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Obi Announces His Retirement From Super Eagles by Zane2point4(m): 1:27pm On Jul 18, 2019
Abeg retire, you're just a celebrity footballer.
You don't play anh dime. Uncle JB.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Obi Announces His Retirement From Super Eagles by queenxey1(f): 1:28pm On Jul 18, 2019
Bye
Re: Mikel Obi Announces His Retirement From Super Eagles by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:28pm On Jul 18, 2019
Keep looking at your haters like this......

Haters will always hate and will always live miserably in poverty!

No be curse, na fact!

Yakade:
you thank him not we
notoriousbabe:
no mind that mumu, I no know who send am
Here they are! cheesy
Mods, please pardon the notorious one we quoted.....for now!
His cup will soon be full!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Obi Announces His Retirement From Super Eagles by seanjy4konji: 1:28pm On Jul 18, 2019
oooo da boooo
Re: Mikel Obi Announces His Retirement From Super Eagles by GodSaklek(m): 1:28pm On Jul 18, 2019
Alleluia
Re: Mikel Obi Announces His Retirement From Super Eagles by AbelAbdul: 1:28pm On Jul 18, 2019
With the money the has got, he looks older than his age.With the money the has got, he looks older than his age.With the money he has got, he looks older than his age.
Re: Mikel Obi Announces His Retirement From Super Eagles by WhiteApple: 1:29pm On Jul 18, 2019
Mikel is the most decorated Nigerian football player.
You don't need to like his style of play, but at his prime, he gave his best to club and country, with evidence of playing time and haul of trophies.[color=#000000][/color]
You don't need to like him, just respect and appreciate him.

11 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Announces His Retirement From Super Eagles by LANDLORD72: 1:29pm On Jul 18, 2019
Correctgist:
Super Eagles captain John Obi Mikel has bowed out of the Nigerian national team after the end of the Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) in Egypt.

The former Chelsea midfielder, who will be plying his trade with Trabzonspor in the Turkish topflight in the new season wrote;
Thanks for your contribution Nigeria will miss you

See more:
https://zenithnaija.com/mikel-obi-retires-from-the-nigerian-national-team/

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Announces His Retirement From Super Eagles by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 18, 2019
How many games did he play for 9ja?
Re: Mikel Obi Announces His Retirement From Super Eagles by yjgm(m): 1:30pm On Jul 18, 2019
Congratulations baba twins. You have served the country well. Enjoy your retirement
Re: Mikel Obi Announces His Retirement From Super Eagles by ImmaculateJOE(m): 1:30pm On Jul 18, 2019
You've paid your dues.
You're a true patriot.
You're loved across tribes and religion.

You've fought the good fight.
You've kept the faith. &
You've won the race

Congratulations Sire.

13 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Announces His Retirement From Super Eagles by Mikora: 1:30pm On Jul 18, 2019
Well done Mikel, you served the country well

3 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Announces His Retirement From Super Eagles by mubzynani: 1:30pm On Jul 18, 2019
2face only me is a clear message to him
Re: Mikel Obi Announces His Retirement From Super Eagles by NaijaRoyalty(m): 1:30pm On Jul 18, 2019
You've done so well for the team and yourself .

Thanks for the services to the nation .

Enjoy your retirement my brother .

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Super Eagles Train Ahead International Friendly With Ukraine (photos) / Osimhen Double Denies Leicester Victory Against Napoli / Anthony Joshua Shows His Crazy Rap Skills At A Radio Station (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.