Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,485 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

Mikel Obi: Egypt Is Where I Started & Finished My National Career - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi: Egypt Is Where I Started & Finished My National Career (34378 Views)

AFCON 2021: Egypt Is Under Pressure – Salah Admits Ahead Of Super Eagles Clash / I Need Help! Bet9ja Has Finished My Life. / Olga Diyachenko Welcomes Nigeria To Russia With Loved Up Photo With Mikel Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel Obi: Egypt Is Where I Started & Finished My National Career by Jefe1(m): 2:46pm On Jul 18, 2019
Enjoy your retirement bros I wish you success in your future endeavors...

Hate him or like him, Mikel remains one of the best and successful footballer this country has produced. He has contributed his quota to the national team, he will forever be remembered.

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi: Egypt Is Where I Started & Finished My National Career by udemzyudex(m): 2:46pm On Jul 18, 2019
thesicilian:
Truth is there's no future for you in the national team. Mourinho destroyed your career at Chelsea when he turned you from a formidable attacking midfield wizkid to a boring backpasser.

The way some of you reason ehn, then you call your opinion.
Very Uselss opinion, no future you say?
Do you know what he has achieved in SE? Even those who are not up to his age retired before him.

Pls if una no get wetin to post just move on.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Obi: Egypt Is Where I Started & Finished My National Career by DarkJeddi(m): 2:47pm On Jul 18, 2019
thesicilian:
Truth is there's no future for you in the national team. Mourinho destroyed your career at Chelsea when he turned you from a formidable attacking midfield wizkid to a boring backpasser.
You are joking right?

Someone says he has retired and you're are talking about future?

Which FUTURE,after FOURTEEN YEARS? shocked

Mourinho destroyed his career and yet he won EVERYTHING in Club Football..

Stop being a HATER.. angry

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi: Egypt Is Where I Started & Finished My National Career by busomma: 2:49pm On Jul 18, 2019
Thanks for ur sacrifices for our mother land. U hv done ur bit. May God continue to bless u for the rest of ur life. Remain blessed. Ciao.
Re: Mikel Obi: Egypt Is Where I Started & Finished My National Career by Toay(m): 2:51pm On Jul 18, 2019
Hate him or like him, Mikel has contributed his quota to the country.

I'll remember him for the stability he create s in our midfield and his loyalty to the Nigerian Colors. This guy sacrificed his position in Chelsea (under Conte) for his country.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Obi: Egypt Is Where I Started & Finished My National Career by segebase(m): 2:55pm On Jul 18, 2019
Rip in intl football
Re: Mikel Obi: Egypt Is Where I Started & Finished My National Career by princfred(m): 2:55pm On Jul 18, 2019
Thank you Mikel for all your efforts and inputs. You came in just at the right moment otherwise SE would have struggled without Okocha. Now you leave graciously after syaying long enough to see the team in good legs of Ndidi and Etebo.

Maximium respect but please tell either of them to develop long pass skills from middlefield like you thrilled us with.

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi: Egypt Is Where I Started & Finished My National Career by Nature8(m): 2:55pm On Jul 18, 2019
sheylarhh:
Thanks for d services well rendered, I will miss u ... Happy retirement skippo

Me too cry
Re: Mikel Obi: Egypt Is Where I Started & Finished My National Career by foster212: 2:56pm On Jul 18, 2019
Me I still dey ask, wetin that Iwobi dey play sef?
Re: Mikel Obi: Egypt Is Where I Started & Finished My National Career by Jefe1(m): 2:57pm On Jul 18, 2019
People will just come out and be spitting rubbish just because they have mobile phones and access to the internet... And these are people who has no talent or anything to offer for the growth of any sector in this nation. All they know how to do is condemn people who have contributed there own quota and made sacrifices for the nation.

I just wonder how some people reason!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mikel Obi: Egypt Is Where I Started & Finished My National Career by oloriooko(m): 2:57pm On Jul 18, 2019
Maximum respect to a living legend, a great footballer who has conquered Africa and Europe alike.
Enjoy your life bro and we wish you and your family well.
Re: Mikel Obi: Egypt Is Where I Started & Finished My National Career by wifeesnatcher(m): 2:57pm On Jul 18, 2019
thanks Mikel

happy retirement. on behalf of Chelsea fans and patriotic Nigerians we wish you well in your new club

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi: Egypt Is Where I Started & Finished My National Career by ArcGibson(m): 2:58pm On Jul 18, 2019
He's retiring at the age of 32
When some are just starting their career s
Re: Mikel Obi: Egypt Is Where I Started & Finished My National Career by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 18, 2019
Wow!!!

I need to ask myself, what exactly am I doing with my life??

I remembered Mikel playing Under 20 World cup in 2005. Now he has retired from National team football as a Legend!!!

I need to take my life more seriously henceforth ooo... shocked

Congrats Mikel... You have won everything in football as a team player... Your performance in 2012 UCL as a DMF and 2013 AFcon leading to your nomination for African player award 3rd position is the highlight of your career...

You are a Super Eagle and Chelsea Legend.. .

Enjoy your retirement Champ!! cool cool cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Obi: Egypt Is Where I Started & Finished My National Career by Chiefochiefo(m): 2:59pm On Jul 18, 2019
And let the youths take over. At 32, are you an old man? Because una no go talk una real age undecided

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi: Egypt Is Where I Started & Finished My National Career by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 18, 2019
thesicilian:
Show me one person from your lineage who has attained half of his achievement....
Pessimism is a disease, try and get yours cure.

Re: Mikel Obi: Egypt Is Where I Started & Finished My National Career by PHIPEX(m): 3:04pm On Jul 18, 2019
I hail Mikel's patriotism to the National team, it was exemplary.

Wish you the best ahead.
Re: Mikel Obi: Egypt Is Where I Started & Finished My National Career by goodnewscliff(m): 3:05pm On Jul 18, 2019
Egypt is a country grin grin grin grin
Re: Mikel Obi: Egypt Is Where I Started & Finished My National Career by Wayne4uall(m): 3:08pm On Jul 18, 2019
Very Clean iPhone 8 for Sale. This phone is in excellent condition Bat3 health status 100 % 64GB storage.130k

All accessories new are.. This phones will work on any network. Location ondo.. Whatapp or call 08065095308
Re: Mikel Obi: Egypt Is Where I Started & Finished My National Career by Joyboy1(m): 3:20pm On Jul 18, 2019
You started with Third Place[\b] and [b]finish with [b]Third Place[\b].....What a great achievement!

[b]Messi started with... and ended with?[\b]
Re: Mikel Obi: Egypt Is Where I Started & Finished My National Career by Joyboy1(m): 3:21pm On Jul 18, 2019
You started with [b]Third Place and [b]finish with [b]Third Place.....What a great achievement!

[b]Messi started with... and ended with?
Re: Mikel Obi: Egypt Is Where I Started & Finished My National Career by Kingosytex(m): 3:23pm On Jul 18, 2019
ichidodo:
He has played his all for his Nation and now his watch has ended....#Legend..#Happy Retirement #Enjoyyourfamily..

what about gmail? can u retrieve the password?
Re: Mikel Obi: Egypt Is Where I Started & Finished My National Career by afas7(m): 3:23pm On Jul 18, 2019
AFCON gold x1 (2013)

AFCON bronze x3 (2006, 2010 and 2019)

Olympics bronze x1 (2016)

Africa U-20 gold x1 (2005)

FIFA U20 silver x1 (2005)

FIFA 20 Silver Ball: (2005)

Thank You Legend Obi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mikel Obi: Egypt Is Where I Started & Finished My National Career by Anduku: 3:25pm On Jul 18, 2019
Congrats Mikel, you did us proud
Re: Mikel Obi: Egypt Is Where I Started & Finished My National Career by Legendguru: 3:29pm On Jul 18, 2019
old cargo
Re: Mikel Obi: Egypt Is Where I Started & Finished My National Career by cooltola(m): 3:33pm On Jul 18, 2019
well done , Mikel
Re: Mikel Obi: Egypt Is Where I Started & Finished My National Career by ichidodo: 3:47pm On Jul 18, 2019
Kingosytex:

what about gmail? can u retrieve the password?
I can't say...
Re: Mikel Obi: Egypt Is Where I Started & Finished My National Career by Hades2016(m): 3:47pm On Jul 18, 2019
thesicilian:
you get sense at all like this. Person retire u dey talk about future again. At least he has secure a better future for himself and for his family so sit Ur dirt a** down and be humble anumanu

Re: Mikel Obi: Egypt Is Where I Started & Finished My National Career by chucs: 3:48pm On Jul 18, 2019
Congratulations legend for the selfless service! What a role model u have been to youngsters and upcoming footballers. I liked u as a person and on ur day,u boss the midfield with ur sleek and mind blowing passes. Your calmness on the ball in second to non!
Respect to you JOHN MIKEL OBI for the wonderful memories u left us with and I wish u all the best in the future.
Re: Mikel Obi: Egypt Is Where I Started & Finished My National Career by denjjy(m): 3:49pm On Jul 18, 2019
He had won two of the major trophies in Europe ( UCL and Europa cup) and the AFCON too. mind you the JJ Okocha that some people are celebrating today never won the UCL, and the L. Messi some people are calling a Goat never smelled a major international trophy. John Mikel obi is one of the most successful footballer in the history of Nigeria, take it or leave it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast All Time Head 2 Head Record / Mikel Obi Fathers Two Children Secretly With Different Women - Mirror.co.uk / Childhood Pictures Of Iwobi And Akpom At Arsenal In 2003.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.