Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,551 members, 7,809,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

Adolor Junction In Benin Suffering Flooding For Almost 3 Decades(photos) - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Adolor Junction In Benin Suffering Flooding For Almost 3 Decades(photos) (34817 Views)

What’s Your #nairalife Like After 3 Decades Of Military Service? / Countermeasures To Prevent Basement Flooding For Homes / VIDEO/PHOTOS: Truck Suddenly Went On Fire At PTI Junction In Warri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adolor Junction In Benin Suffering Flooding For Almost 3 Decades(photos) by Hoodbilonia: 5:38pm On Jul 18, 2019
Adoloh /fed road
Den of cultists

1 Like

Re: Adolor Junction In Benin Suffering Flooding For Almost 3 Decades(photos) by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 18, 2019
Storm water project grin
Re: Adolor Junction In Benin Suffering Flooding For Almost 3 Decades(photos) by JoseRaji(m): 6:00pm On Jul 18, 2019
oloriooko:
The flood is as a result of drainage blockage by residents on that stretch of road.
Floods are not mysterious occurrences but are mostly caused by indiscipline in waste disposal
I don't even see any drainiages in those pictures... It's either the drainiages have been completely blocked, or there were no drainiages to start with... Now where's the rain water supposed to be drained to?
Re: Adolor Junction In Benin Suffering Flooding For Almost 3 Decades(photos) by Ijawwomaninoyo: 6:05pm On Jul 18, 2019
Yankee101:
Build drainages, levees and instal pumps. It will be over

People block them with refuse, but it seems they don't build drainage in that place.
Re: Adolor Junction In Benin Suffering Flooding For Almost 3 Decades(photos) by folake4u(f): 6:29pm On Jul 18, 2019
angry Op, these pictures do not do justice to the everlasting flood in that Adolor junction.
Tomline is worse. Jesu airpus oh! undecided
Re: Adolor Junction In Benin Suffering Flooding For Almost 3 Decades(photos) by jieta: 6:45pm On Jul 18, 2019
gebest:
with the little resources Edo has, oshiomhole and obaseki tried compared to delta state.
That is why Nigeria will never develop because immediately you criticize the present administration you see different people defending the undefendable. I was not comparing EDO state to DELTA state when I made my submission. if you even want to compare state with little resources maybe you should take a look at what David umahi is doing in eboyin state
Re: Adolor Junction In Benin Suffering Flooding For Almost 3 Decades(photos) by LOVELYSKINZNEW(f): 7:13pm On Jul 18, 2019
it seem like the gutters are blocked
Re: Adolor Junction In Benin Suffering Flooding For Almost 3 Decades(photos) by Gywnnwest(m): 7:19pm On Jul 18, 2019
No lies. down to front of Uselu market included. i expecting to see this Adolor jnc road.
Re: Adolor Junction In Benin Suffering Flooding For Almost 3 Decades(photos) by dapachez: 8:14pm On Jul 18, 2019
ojibole1:
Adolor and tomline in uselu have been taken over by flood ones it rains while the new river at isihor just opposite the barracks has been there for 3 years now yet that short bat took millions of dollars loan from world bank and claimed he wanted to do storm water project to solve the flooding issues. My brother and sisters the black short talkative bat(though of late he hasn't been talking cos obaseki wants to probe him for the scam of a hospital our useless president commissioned) let me not deviate well the bat didn't do nothing.
uselu shell and tomline flood receeds after a couple of hours due to the storm water project unlike before when it will be like that for an average of three to four days. Intact five junction and nta road were worse off. In the early 90s some of us going to ugbowo via five junction had to wait for heavy duty vehicles to aid us cross the flood as it was a no go area for commercial buses
Re: Adolor Junction In Benin Suffering Flooding For Almost 3 Decades(photos) by dapachez: 8:17pm On Jul 18, 2019
Drabeey:
Benin city lacks good drainage system hence this. Benin has drainage systems just that they are always blocked hence the flooding is worse

Drabeey was Here
Re: Adolor Junction In Benin Suffering Flooding For Almost 3 Decades(photos) by dapachez: 8:22pm On Jul 18, 2019
JoseRaji:

I don't even see any drainiages in those pictures... It's either the drainiages have been completely blocked, or there were no drainiages to start with... Now where's the rain water supposed to be drained to?
Benin has a good drainage network via the moats which apart from been defense system were also for drainage but a lot of the moats which are natural waterways hàve been sand filled by miscreants and land grabbers which translates to blockage and more flooding. Recently the state government demolished some houses at ugbor where most were sand filled. Just last week there were complaints on a radio fone in program Rush hour that a most in a particular part of sapele road is been sandfilled

3 Likes

Re: Adolor Junction In Benin Suffering Flooding For Almost 3 Decades(photos) by solpat(m): 8:30pm On Jul 18, 2019
Always flooded. Adolor junction

1 Like

Re: Adolor Junction In Benin Suffering Flooding For Almost 3 Decades(photos) by oloriooko(m): 8:33pm On Jul 18, 2019
JoseRaji:

There is a drainage along that stretch of road which has been blocked as passage into streets, shops etc
The populace is the biggest culprit in this matter

1 Like

Re: Adolor Junction In Benin Suffering Flooding For Almost 3 Decades(photos) by Prettychichi21(f): 10:22pm On Jul 18, 2019
When I saw the caption, I just said it aloud "it can only be Adolor junction "

It's so bad that even when it drizzled, the gutters will overflow into the main road..

Please Obaseki come to our aid.
Re: Adolor Junction In Benin Suffering Flooding For Almost 3 Decades(photos) by JoseRaji(m): 5:56am On Jul 19, 2019
dapachez:
Benin has a good drainage network via the moats which apart from been defense system were also for drainage but a lot of the moats which are natural waterways hàve been sand filled by miscreants and land grabbers which translates to blockage and more flooding. Recently the state government demolished some houses at ugbor where most were sand filled. Just last week there were complaints on a radio fone in program Rush hour that a most in a particular part of sapele road is been sandfilled

Oooooh... Then these people are the architects of their own problems then
Re: Adolor Junction In Benin Suffering Flooding For Almost 3 Decades(photos) by JoseRaji(m): 5:58am On Jul 19, 2019
oloriooko:

There is a drainage along that stretch of road which has been blocked as passage into streets, shops etc
The populace is the biggest culprit in this matter

Agreed.
Re: Adolor Junction In Benin Suffering Flooding For Almost 3 Decades(photos) by metroid(m): 8:58am On Jul 19, 2019
The whole of Adolo road needs to be fixed
Re: Adolor Junction In Benin Suffering Flooding For Almost 3 Decades(photos) by Mamakimy97: 10:28am On Jul 19, 2019
Thats actually my junction....i dey hear am..water almost carry me one day

(1) (2) (Reply)

Friends Recreate Their 1992 Throwback Photo / Winners Golden Chance Lotto Results For Yesterday And Today / Reaction Of Nairalanders During The Offline Period!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.