Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,915 members, 7,802,977 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

Danjuma Goje: Why Corruption Charges Against Me Were Withdrawn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Danjuma Goje: Why Corruption Charges Against Me Were Withdrawn (13408 Views)

Breakdown Of Politicians Whose Certificates Of Return Were Withdrawn By INEC / Photos Of Danjuma Goje And His New Wife / Danjuma Goje Remarries Younger Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Danjuma Goje: Why Corruption Charges Against Me Were Withdrawn by deantimes(m): 2:39pm On Jul 18, 2019
Danjuma Goje, lawmaker representing Gombe Central at the Senate has explained why corruption charges preferred against him by the federal government was withdrawn.

Mr Goje whose trial has been going on since 2010 for looting over N5 billion when he held sway as governor of the state, saw the end in sight of the corruption charges against him after meeting President Muhammadu Buhari who asked him to shield his Senate Presidency ambition.

Mr Buhari after a meeting with the former governor asked the latter to step down for the preferred candidate of the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) Ahmed Lawan for the top job. He did and days after, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) handed over the trial that has been going on for over eight years to the office of the Attorney General of the Federation (AGF).

At the next sitting last month, a legal representative from the office of the AGF told the court they were unwilling to continue with the trial and it was struck out.

Explaining why the trial was withdrawn, in a statement signed by Paul Erokoro (SAN), the lawmaker said it was because the charges against him were an embarrassing triviality.

Read More>>> https://todaypoliticsng.com/why-corruption-charges-against-me-were-withdrawn-goje/

1 Share

Re: Danjuma Goje: Why Corruption Charges Against Me Were Withdrawn by deantimes(m): 2:42pm On Jul 18, 2019
lalasticlala
Re: Danjuma Goje: Why Corruption Charges Against Me Were Withdrawn by loosecanon50(m): 2:47pm On Jul 18, 2019
Shut up, the corruption charges against you was withdrawn because you agreed to start using Buhari's mess as perfume angry

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Danjuma Goje: Why Corruption Charges Against Me Were Withdrawn by deantimes(m): 2:48pm On Jul 18, 2019
grin
Re: Danjuma Goje: Why Corruption Charges Against Me Were Withdrawn by Jubal01: 4:22pm On Jul 18, 2019
Shataaaaap!!!
Like hae had any option.
DuwawuLicker kawai!

4 Likes

Re: Danjuma Goje: Why Corruption Charges Against Me Were Withdrawn by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 18, 2019
You think you are talking to your village people..

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Danjuma Goje: Why Corruption Charges Against Me Were Withdrawn by namiji2598: 4:39pm On Jul 18, 2019
The kind of work that this man has done in gombe state is second to none, anytime I hear the name Goje and Akpabio, something comes to my mind, they have set good legacies with good work,with perpetual corruption left behind

2 Likes

Re: Danjuma Goje: Why Corruption Charges Against Me Were Withdrawn by pesty100(m): 4:41pm On Jul 18, 2019
Every one saw you dishing out bribe dollars yet the case against you is trivial. Okay! Hmn!

3 Likes

Re: Danjuma Goje: Why Corruption Charges Against Me Were Withdrawn by toyinjimoh(m): 4:41pm On Jul 18, 2019
because you bribed the judge as you and colleagues always do...I believe you all can't bribe God on judgment day

3 Likes

Re: Danjuma Goje: Why Corruption Charges Against Me Were Withdrawn by KidsNEXTdoor: 4:43pm On Jul 18, 2019
because you met Buhari and did his bidding

We all know the truth

2 Likes

Re: Danjuma Goje: Why Corruption Charges Against Me Were Withdrawn by Paperwhite(m): 4:43pm On Jul 18, 2019
APC covered your corruption simple.Shame!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Danjuma Goje: Why Corruption Charges Against Me Were Withdrawn by Injiggerwolf(m): 4:44pm On Jul 18, 2019
No integrity, No honour

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Danjuma Goje: Why Corruption Charges Against Me Were Withdrawn by dalass(f): 4:46pm On Jul 18, 2019
APC
Association of the politically corrupt.
We know the real reason. grin grin grin
Re: Danjuma Goje: Why Corruption Charges Against Me Were Withdrawn by Kennydoc(m): 4:47pm On Jul 18, 2019
Explaining why the trial was withdrawn, in a statement signed by Paul Erokoro (SAN), the lawmaker said it was because the charges against him were an embarrassing triviality.

So he's saying that the EFCC spent 9 years pursuing an embarrassing triviality? He should simply have kept silent rather than making this puerile statement, cos it's an insult on EFCC.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Danjuma Goje: Why Corruption Charges Against Me Were Withdrawn by wakes: 4:50pm On Jul 18, 2019
One day there shall be No more corruption in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Danjuma Goje: Why Corruption Charges Against Me Were Withdrawn by decrownprince(m): 4:55pm On Jul 18, 2019
Goje Goje, you think you are talking to a ten year old child? Even my four years old daughter wouldnt believe what you are saying. You think you are deceiving me, you are deceiving yourself.
Re: Danjuma Goje: Why Corruption Charges Against Me Were Withdrawn by StaffofOrayan(m): 4:55pm On Jul 18, 2019
APC +PDP supporters una need brain surgery
Re: Danjuma Goje: Why Corruption Charges Against Me Were Withdrawn by Lugianostar(m): 4:55pm On Jul 18, 2019
These people don't have shame again o!

Why was i born a Nigerian in the first place

look at a misplaced priority talking

Oh my God, help us to understand that Esau sold his birth right out of his foolishness and not because of a bowl of pottiage.

God will judge you all in Jesus name
Re: Danjuma Goje: Why Corruption Charges Against Me Were Withdrawn by ClassicMan202(m): 4:58pm On Jul 18, 2019
You say wetin
Re: Danjuma Goje: Why Corruption Charges Against Me Were Withdrawn by ecclize: 4:58pm On Jul 18, 2019
Trivia... So far u dance to the tune of ur pay master...
Re: Danjuma Goje: Why Corruption Charges Against Me Were Withdrawn by AroOkigbo(m): 4:58pm On Jul 18, 2019
Once you join the APC and behave, your sins are forgiven
We already know the reasons, don't insult our sensibilities lipsrsealed
Just go and contest no more grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Danjuma Goje: Why Corruption Charges Against Me Were Withdrawn by RTSC: 5:04pm On Jul 18, 2019
This is the corruption buhari and his supporters claim they are fighting.
Re: Danjuma Goje: Why Corruption Charges Against Me Were Withdrawn by maestroferdi: 5:09pm On Jul 18, 2019
Animal Kingdom...
Re: Danjuma Goje: Why Corruption Charges Against Me Were Withdrawn by Stanchriss(m): 5:33pm On Jul 18, 2019
I love this man...he is so innocent of all the charges..buhari has done the right thing...may you loot long Mr innocent Gojegrin
Re: Danjuma Goje: Why Corruption Charges Against Me Were Withdrawn by CEOwatazs: 6:26pm On Jul 18, 2019
namiji2598:
The kind of work that this man has done in gombe state is second to none, anytime I hear the name Goje and Akpabio, something comes to my mind, they have set good legacies with good work,with perpetual corruption left behind
I swear

plz are u from gombe also?
Re: Danjuma Goje: Why Corruption Charges Against Me Were Withdrawn by spafu(m): 6:58pm On Jul 18, 2019
God punish Buhari with him claims of fighting corruption.
Re: Danjuma Goje: Why Corruption Charges Against Me Were Withdrawn by namiji2598: 7:23pm On Jul 18, 2019
CEOwatazs:
I swear

plz are u from gombe also?
yes and u

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Obaseki Tests Negative To Coronavirus, Remains In Self-Isolation / Unlawful Logging Of Milliken Hill: Enugu Govt Issues Final Warning To Defaulters / Abaribe: Sit-At Home Has Chased Businessmen Away From Southeast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.