Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,363 members, 7,780,995 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:10 AM

Anthony Joshua Visits Fela’s Shrine, Fans React - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Anthony Joshua Visits Fela’s Shrine, Fans React (4784 Views)

Anthony Joshua Visits DJ Cuppy In Oxford University (Photo) / Anthony Joshua Visits Nigeria For The First Time In Years (Photos) / Wizkid Visits Fela’s Shrine, Throws Ikeja Into Uproar! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anthony Joshua Visits Fela’s Shrine, Fans React by andrewboyz9: 5:12pm On Jul 18, 2019
A Nigerian boxer, Anthony Joshua caused a social media frenzy following his visit to Fela Kuti’s New Afrika Shrine.

News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Joshua has been on a Nigerian tour, visiting several landmarks and interacting with fans.

The British boxer, who constantly connects with his Nigerian roots via social media, shared the video of his visit on his Twitter handle @anthonyfjoshua.

Joshua is seen mixing up with fans before meeting Femi Kuti who showed him around the Shrine.

Commenting under the post, fans joked that Joshua had come to Nigeria to fortify himself for the upcoming match against Andy Ruiz.

NAN recalls that in June, he lost to Ruiz by total knock out in the seventh round.

He surrendered all four of his heavyweight titles in what was considered as one of the biggest upsets in boxing history.

Fans pointed out that Joshua’s reconnection with his Nigerian roots would give him winning edge during the rematch.

@AnthonioC_ tweeted, The next person you going fight will fall like the walls of Jericho.”

@Haddadin7 said, “And this is the champion of the world bonding with his people to feel the edge to focus and fight again for them! Great way to search for motives and #Stayhumble.”

@BetrandDuru said, “There’s power in the roots. Touching base enlightens the mind. We are proud of you champ.”

@Lawalawojide tweeted, “Anthony is live in Nigeria, Andy Ruiz you are in soup. A.J is coming for his Belt.”

NAN reports that A rematch is been fixed for November or December 2019 although the other details are yet to be released.

https://www.classyupdate.com/anthony-joshua-visits-felas-shrine-fans-react/

Re: Anthony Joshua Visits Fela’s Shrine, Fans React by stanlink(m): 8:01pm On Jul 18, 2019
Please also ask him to come to Ogoni for small njariba I really need him to win Hus next fight. FTC
Re: Anthony Joshua Visits Fela’s Shrine, Fans React by micfoley: 1:09am On Jul 19, 2019
This guy no go begin train for the next fight

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Visits Fela’s Shrine, Fans React by COOL10(m): 3:06am On Jul 19, 2019
I talk am say na jazz Joshua come collect. Those belts must come home.
Re: Anthony Joshua Visits Fela’s Shrine, Fans React by Rilley(m): 6:47am On Jul 19, 2019
micfoley:
This guy no go begin train for the next fight
Wetin concern you
Re: Anthony Joshua Visits Fela’s Shrine, Fans React by Wealthierboy(m): 7:39am On Jul 19, 2019
I no say this one go land front side... Oya , Lala where are you!!
Re: Anthony Joshua Visits Fela’s Shrine, Fans React by seanwilliam(m): 10:07am On Jul 19, 2019
like if u believe AJ visitation to nigeria na because of JAZZ
Re: Anthony Joshua Visits Fela’s Shrine, Fans React by huptin(m): 10:09am On Jul 19, 2019
By the time he smokes igbo Fela for just 5 minutes, That fat Mexican yokozuna no go last one round!
Re: Anthony Joshua Visits Fela’s Shrine, Fans React by TANID(m): 10:18am On Jul 19, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Anthony Joshua Visits Fela’s Shrine, Fans React by TheTourist: 11:59am On Jul 19, 2019
I HOPE HE HAS VISITED ANTHONY VILLAGE grin grin grin
Re: Anthony Joshua Visits Fela’s Shrine, Fans React by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 19, 2019
Hmm! Maybe Joshua is up to something.

Perhaps, it has been revealed to him... the power of MAGIC

The powers of these from the other world that fortify people from this world and cause them to do wonders, the likes which cannot be done ordinarily.

Maybe Joshua wants to perform such wonders in the ring. Andy Ruiz could be in trouble.

But I am having a feeling that I am not well. I think I am just acting crazy

What am I saying self undecided
Re: Anthony Joshua Visits Fela’s Shrine, Fans React by micfoley: 7:32pm On Sep 01, 2019
Rilley:
Wetin concern you
And your concern with my comment is what exactly?

(1) (Reply)

EXPOSED: Davido Graduated Without Writing Any Exam / Woman Jumped From A Building And Her Butt Implant Exploded,saving Her Life(photo / Have Kindness On Me, I Need Your Financial Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.