Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

Olu Benson Lulu-Briggs Death: Ghana Police Begin Investigation - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Olu Benson Lulu-Briggs Death: Ghana Police Begin Investigation (61035 Views)

Ghana Police Intercept Nigerians With Bundles Of Fake Dollars (pics/video) / Expatriate Hangs Self In Lagos Office, Police Begin Probe / Nigerian Shot Dead By Ghana Police, As Nigerians Protest In Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olu Benson Lulu-Briggs Death: Ghana Police Begin Investigation by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 18, 2019
Ibile77:
They are writing petition to Police to question the death of their beloved father who they hated with passion while he was alive.as if they wanted him to live more years!!
Strong words... Seems you know them smh..

2 Likes

Re: Olu Benson Lulu-Briggs Death: Ghana Police Begin Investigation by nicepoker101(m): 10:10pm On Jul 18, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
nansense
how?
Re: Olu Benson Lulu-Briggs Death: Ghana Police Begin Investigation by CanadaOrBust: 10:14pm On Jul 18, 2019
nicepoker101:
What if his death was surrounded by a lot of variables. Suspicion might arise.

But no variables or signs of foul play were obvious or they’d have been mentioned right up front
Re: Olu Benson Lulu-Briggs Death: Ghana Police Begin Investigation by wink2015(m): 10:15pm On Jul 18, 2019
GistAlert:
Over seven months after the death of Nigerian oil mogul, High Chief Olu Benson Lulu-Briggs, controversies have continued to cloud his demise just as his family members are yet to reach a consensus on how to proceed with his remains.

The Rivers State-born billionaire, who was the founder and chairman of Moni Pulo Limited, an oil exploration and production company, died on December 27, 2018, in Accra, Ghana at the age of 89. His demise has since created controversy among his family. The deceased’s widow, Dr. Seinye Lulu- Briggs, who travelled with him, has been accused by her step-children and faction of the family leaders, of having a hand in his death.

According to media reports, the Nigeria Police Force have since waded into the matter by launching an investigation into High Chief’s death. An investigation team led by Adaku Uche-Anya, an assistant commissioner of police has since moved to Accra, Ghana, and together with the Ghana Police Criminal Investigation Department (CID) have commenced investigation.

The investigation followed a petition by Chief Dumo Lulu-Briggs, the second son of the deceased, to the Inspector-General of Police accusing Seinye, his step-mother, of killing his father among other complaints.

The Ghanaian police consequently issued an order for a post mortem on the corpse of the oil mogul whose remain has been deposited at the Transition Home in Accra, Ghana since December.

Source also reprts that there has been an aged-long crises within the Late O.B Lulu-Briggs family with Dumo, wealthy and influential son of the deceased as the lead actor. In 2003, Dumo and his two brothers –Senibo and Sofiri – took their father, Late Lulu-Briggs, to the Federal High Court to oust him as the Chairman of the company, Moni Pulo Limited, which he founded.

The trio questioned their father’s ability to continue as the chairman of the oil exploration company due to his old age. But as fate would have it, the matter was thrown out in 2004 after they failed to establish how their legal rights which they sought to protect will be affected. However, it was gathered that the main reason they took that action against their father was because of their stepmom, Dr. Seinye, whom they feared would be made the heiress to the Lulu-Briggs’ estate. Fifteen years after, the bickering seems to still fester.

See more here; http://gistmore.com/ghana-police-begins-investigation-into-the-death-of-nigerian-billionaire-lulu-briggs

Double wahala for dead body !
Re: Olu Benson Lulu-Briggs Death: Ghana Police Begin Investigation by ruggedtimi(m): 10:16pm On Jul 18, 2019
From an inside source...The crisis has been on for a while, even the man's body is been kept away from his children courtesy of the wife.

1 Like

Re: Olu Benson Lulu-Briggs Death: Ghana Police Begin Investigation by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 18, 2019
Polygamy is a curse.
There is always crisis in polygamous families...
JudasNaCarrot:
Na wao!

God please don't give me the kind of money that will keep me and my family unhappy.

Same story in almost every wealthy family.....No peace.

2 Likes

Re: Olu Benson Lulu-Briggs Death: Ghana Police Begin Investigation by dochenaj: 10:23pm On Jul 18, 2019
royalads:
A man will use his hands and bring trouble into his household. Keeping one wife is enough tussle, talk more of when you have more than one. And it's most likely he didn't even make a will before his demise. Na wa o
"An 89 year old billionaire with a complex family, not having a will?" I find that hard to believe. But we are Africans.
Re: Olu Benson Lulu-Briggs Death: Ghana Police Begin Investigation by Ibile77(m): 10:26pm On Jul 18, 2019
Felixamos:

Strong words... Seems you know them smh..
not at all, but from the write up, they took the father to court for them to take over his company and he died at the age of 89 they claimed he was murdered, if he was not murdered would he had lived up to 500years?

3 Likes

Re: Olu Benson Lulu-Briggs Death: Ghana Police Begin Investigation by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 18, 2019
Ibile77:
not at all, but from the write up, they took the father to court for them to take over his company and he died at the age of 89 they claimed he was murdered, if he was not murdered would he had lived up to 500years?
Hmmmmm very true...
Re: Olu Benson Lulu-Briggs Death: Ghana Police Begin Investigation by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 18, 2019
89yr old man cannot die again?
Re: Olu Benson Lulu-Briggs Death: Ghana Police Begin Investigation by don4real18(m): 10:50pm On Jul 18, 2019
royalads:
A man will use his hands and bring trouble into his household. Keeping one wife is enough tussle, talk more of when you have more than one. And it's most likely he didn't even make a will before his demise. Na wa o
If you get married to the wrong woman, you will definitely want to marry another
Re: Olu Benson Lulu-Briggs Death: Ghana Police Begin Investigation by technicallyrich(m): 10:59pm On Jul 18, 2019
This is a huge loss to ijaws in particular and ss/se generally. May his soul rest in peace. I noticed he was handsome even in old age.
Re: Olu Benson Lulu-Briggs Death: Ghana Police Begin Investigation by MrsMurphy(f): 11:01pm On Jul 18, 2019
JudasNaCarrot:
Na wao!

God please don't give me the kind of money that will keep me and my family unhappy.

Same story in almost every wealthy family.....No peace.
This type of issue always arises whenever the man marries two or more wives.
Re: Olu Benson Lulu-Briggs Death: Ghana Police Begin Investigation by lilyheaven: 11:13pm On Jul 18, 2019
gypsey:
The man was 89 years old! what else did he die of? if not old Age? was he expected to live forever?

what da hell are they investigating?
I saw him last 2015, he couldn't stand, he was using a wheelchair. His sons are only fighting for their pocket.

1 Like

Re: Olu Benson Lulu-Briggs Death: Ghana Police Begin Investigation by LANDLORD72: 11:15pm On Jul 18, 2019
The man is already old 89 years is not 88 days please allow the man to rest in peace. Rip to the dead
Re: Olu Benson Lulu-Briggs Death: Ghana Police Begin Investigation by Livefreeordieha(m): 11:16pm On Jul 18, 2019
CanadaOrBust:
Ok. But 89 years and u still don’t think he could have died naturally?? Na wa o.

FTC jejely
bro I will forgive u... I'm in the UK now to discuss with my older bro because even a dumb will know my dad's last wife murdered in systematically.. My dad suffered several strokes he went to the us and came back too healthy for her liking, and quickly she hatched the ultimate plan. Guess what he died a rubbish death just few days shy of his 80th birthday... He never smoked nor drink...

My point is we need to be careful...

2 Likes

Re: Olu Benson Lulu-Briggs Death: Ghana Police Begin Investigation by CanadaOrBust: 11:27pm On Jul 18, 2019
Livefreeordieha:
bro I will forgive u... I'm in the UK now to discuss with my older bro because even a dumb will know my dad's last wife murdered in systematically.. My dad suffered several strokes he went to the us and came back too healthy for her liking, and quickly she hatched the ultimate plan. Guess what he died a rubbish death just few days shy of his 80th birthday... He never smoked nor drink...

But note there was no “ultimate plan” or any smoking gun at all alluded to here. Also he was 89, not almost 80. Big difference.
Re: Olu Benson Lulu-Briggs Death: Ghana Police Begin Investigation by MrLankeeee(m): 11:29pm On Jul 18, 2019
CanadaOrBust:
Ok. But 89 years and u still don’t think he could have died naturally?? Na wa o.

FTC jejely

That his step son know what's he is doing.
Maybe he is the black sheep in the family.
Re: Olu Benson Lulu-Briggs Death: Ghana Police Begin Investigation by bendike: 11:32pm On Jul 18, 2019
daddytime:
Hmmm

Those silly kids are nothing but lazy ass morafucking dickheads...

Why trying to oust a man from a farm he had plowed, planted and nurtured because you feel his present wife would inherit his wealth upon his demise.

If he was smart enough to set up the company you neanderthals are ready to kill yourself over, doesn't it make common sense that his choice for a wife shouldn't be in question especially by numbskulls like you trying to reap from where you hadn't sown.

Useless yahoo yahoo children wey no get head.

So assuming you have a very wealthy patriarch of the family that built up a huge business with assets. You and your siblings naturally worked in the family business to contribute your own quota after schooling probably at the insistence of the patriarch. Years later you lost the matriarch of the family. Years later a attractive lady comes into the picture and uses her charms to seduce the old man. Probably the man is in his early 80ies and almost senile and prone to be manipulated. You obviously know she is a gold digger. She has her own kids from her previous marriage to another man. Probably young kids.
The patriarch starts behaving erratic and selling one or two properties at the instance of the new wife and building houses or giving out the millions to her. Something he normally in his right senses will not do. A company you and your siblines have spent better part of your life working to buildup you will not act to protect the legacy of your father and family inheritance? Oh or you will be so daft to let the obvious gold digger take the family resources and hand it over to her children from another man? Guy you are the Stupid one then!
Your inheritance is yours whether you are rich or poor. Are you telling me the late SAN Rotimi Williams, his sons who are billionaires in their own right should not have fought to collect their inheritance because they are also rich? Or femi otedola that inherited his father's wealth while already rich in his own right? Or Donald trump that used his family inheritance to boost his wealth?
Even the Bible somewhere says a good father leaves inheritance for his children.
Guy siddon there and let someone come and claim what is yours because you want to prove that you are not lazy. Metcheew..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olu Benson Lulu-Briggs Death: Ghana Police Begin Investigation by Liveair: 11:39pm On Jul 18, 2019
Livefreeordieha:

Hmm, this is quite deep and revealing if true.
Sorry bro, he was a great man.

1 Like

Re: Olu Benson Lulu-Briggs Death: Ghana Police Begin Investigation by HazzanTazzan(m): 11:41pm On Jul 18, 2019
royalads:

There is a will which favors the wife than the step children and that’s obviously why they want her head on the stake...

If there was a will that largely favors those children, they won’t be trying to hang the woman...

From the whole right up, it’s obvious those children don’t really care how their father died... they only want to make sure that inherit his wealth and assets
Re: Olu Benson Lulu-Briggs Death: Ghana Police Begin Investigation by Chukalemon(m): 11:53pm On Jul 18, 2019
Gbajabiamila eeeeh. Thee must have died a natural death.he look too old.
Re: Olu Benson Lulu-Briggs Death: Ghana Police Begin Investigation by foster212: 11:58pm On Jul 18, 2019
BlueRayDick:
See yeye children! While he was alive you fought him tooth and nail to the extent of almost kicking him out of his own company.

Now he is gone you not even bothered about how to give him a befitting burial, rather what you are after is how to implicate your step mum whom you hate more than you father so you can have all his estate to yourselves.

Thunder supposed fire these ones without much Ado. Aswear!
Sense dey your talk.
Re: Olu Benson Lulu-Briggs Death: Ghana Police Begin Investigation by CanadaOrBust: 12:17am On Jul 19, 2019
MrLankeeee:

That his step son know what's he is doing.
Maybe he is the black sheep in the family.

Which stepson? Did u read the story?
Re: Olu Benson Lulu-Briggs Death: Ghana Police Begin Investigation by Yankee101: 12:33am On Jul 19, 2019
African men and wills...na like oil and water
Re: Olu Benson Lulu-Briggs Death: Ghana Police Begin Investigation by FarahAideed: 12:33am On Jul 19, 2019
daddytime:
Hmmm

Those silly kids are nothing but lazy ass morafucking dickheads...

Why trying to oust a man from a farm he had plowed, planted and nurtured because you feel his present wife would inherit his wealth upon his demise.

If he was smart enough to set up the company you neanderthals are ready to kill yourself over, doesn't it make common sense that his choice for a wife shouldn't be in question especially by numbskulls like you trying to reap from where you hadn't sown.

Useless yahoo yahoo children wey no get head.

When u see that his wife you will know they were doing the right thing

1 Like

Re: Olu Benson Lulu-Briggs Death: Ghana Police Begin Investigation by poksmahn(m): 1:11am On Jul 19, 2019
Benoni Briggs... Never cheat a good man.
Re: Olu Benson Lulu-Briggs Death: Ghana Police Begin Investigation by poksmahn(m): 1:35am On Jul 19, 2019
Re: Olu Benson Lulu-Briggs Death: Ghana Police Begin Investigation by Jowanson: 2:28am On Jul 19, 2019
GistAlert:
Over seven months after the death of Nigerian oil mogul, High Chief Olu Benson Lulu-Briggs, controversies have continued to cloud his demise just as his family members are yet to reach a consensus on how to proceed with his remains.

The Rivers State-born billionaire, who was the founder and chairman of Moni Pulo Limited, an oil exploration and production company, died on December 27, 2018, in Accra, Ghana at the age of 89. His demise has since created controversy among his family. The deceased’s widow, Dr. Seinye Lulu- Briggs, who travelled with him, has been accused by her step-children and faction of the family leaders, of having a hand in his death.

According to media reports, the Nigeria Police Force have since waded into the matter by launching an investigation into High Chief’s death. An investigation team led by Adaku Uche-Anya, an assistant commissioner of police has since moved to Accra, Ghana, and together with the Ghana Police Criminal Investigation Department (CID) have commenced investigation.

The investigation followed a petition by Chief Dumo Lulu-Briggs, the second son of the deceased, to the Inspector-General of Police accusing Seinye, his step-mother, of killing his father among other complaints.

The Ghanaian police consequently issued an order for a post mortem on the corpse of the oil mogul whose remain has been deposited at the Transition Home in Accra, Ghana since December.

Source also reprts that there has been an aged-long crises within the Late O.B Lulu-Briggs family with Dumo, wealthy and influential son of the deceased as the lead actor. In 2003, Dumo and his two brothers –Senibo and Sofiri – took their father, Late Lulu-Briggs, to the Federal High Court to oust him as the Chairman of the company, Moni Pulo Limited, which he founded.

The trio questioned their father’s ability to continue as the chairman of the oil exploration company due to his old age. But as fate would have it, the matter was thrown out in 2004 after they failed to establish how their legal rights which they sought to protect will be affected. However, it was gathered that the main reason they took that action against their father was because of their stepmom, Dr. Seinye, whom they feared would be made the heiress to the Lulu-Briggs’ estate. Fifteen years after, the bickering seems to still fester.

See more here; http://gistmore.com/ghana-police-begins-investigation-into-the-death-of-nigerian-billionaire-lulu-briggs

I know this family would have this issue. It was very obvious!

I pray they settle this amicably.
Re: Olu Benson Lulu-Briggs Death: Ghana Police Begin Investigation by Livefreeordieha(m): 2:51am On Jul 19, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

But note there was no “ultimate plan” or any smoking gun at all alluded to here. Also he was 89, not almost 80. Big difference.
then u must be one of the lots who don't understand the dynamics of life... Including family traits, genes etc... My granny died at age 94..

And same can be said about other family members dating back.. Then how do u explain his son suffering several strokes yet could travel by himself to the USA, even doctors said it was abnormal because an average man should have died..

They gave drugs, he was fit, and we were all happy, only for him to return to her and she ensured he didn't use his meds, told him alfa and her pastor prayers were more effective.. Ofcourse we all tried but not even children can change the mind of an old man deranged with stupid love garnished with charms...

I can't argue with u... It's my own story.. I'm sure some people here would have experienced same or heard..

After all we are all Africans..

People can kill u even by advising u.. They don't need to touch u physically... But they know what to tell u to self destruct... Think if u will bro..
Re: Olu Benson Lulu-Briggs Death: Ghana Police Begin Investigation by adslipps: 2:52am On Jul 19, 2019
All names mentioned here are strange to me
Re: Olu Benson Lulu-Briggs Death: Ghana Police Begin Investigation by Livefreeordieha(m): 2:56am On Jul 19, 2019
Liveair:

Hmm, this is quite deep and revealing if true.
Sorry bro, he was a great man.
bro thanks... I have no point making such up...

We need to be careful in life.. Humans are complex and we can never be too sure..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Masodje & Dead Beauty Ngegbarane: Body Of Pregnant Missing Lady Found / Man Who Has Been Sleeping With His Stepdaughter Caught In Delta(photos) / Egyptian Woman Kills Son, Cooks, Eats Parts Of His Head (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.