Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,890 members, 7,798,977 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

How Does Civil Defence Conduct Its Recruitment? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Does Civil Defence Conduct Its Recruitment? (12694 Views)

NSCDC Recruitment 2019: How To Apply For Nigeria Civil Defence Corps / Civil Defence Recruitment 2019/2020 | Click Here And Apply For NSCDC Jobs / Between Federal Fire Service Prison And Civil Defence which one Pay Bsc Higher? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does Civil Defence Conduct Its Recruitment? by obiekunie2: 9:52pm On Jul 18, 2019
Permit me to ask this question - is civil defense not a federal government parastatal?

if they are, why are they not doing open public recruitment as stated in the constitution?

since i started hearing of civil defense for more than 10 years now, i have never seen them publicly announce their recruitment.

does it mean they dont do recruitment? or their staffers doesn't have retirement, retrenchment and recruitment on their constitution that established it?

or is there an exception that allows them not to do open recruitment like the rest of the parastatals like immigration, prisons, customs, etc.

PLEASE ANY NAIRALANDER THAT HAVE IDEAS ABOUT THIS PARASTATAL AND THEIR RECRUITMENT PROCESS SHOULD PLEASE ENLIGHTEN US.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does Civil Defence Conduct Its Recruitment? by onoms4luv(m): 9:58pm On Jul 18, 2019
Busy on something maybe I will comeback and modify this post. but for now know idea.

see my Village

4 Likes

Re: How Does Civil Defence Conduct Its Recruitment? by obiekunie2: 10:05pm On Jul 18, 2019
please Nairalanders come and contribute to this topic abeg!

maybe if they take it to front page one of their ogas on top might see it and reduce their underground magomago employment and give other Nigerians a chance to join them in their blue uniform.

federal road safety do open recruitment

immigration does same

Nigerian army does open recruitment too.

Nigerian customs does open recruitment

SO WHY IS IT THAT CIVIL DEFENSE DOESN'T DO OPEN RECRUITMENT

I OVERHEARD SOMEONE SAYING THAT THEIR EMPLOYMENT COSTS 600K AND ITS DONE UNDER THE TABLE HENCE MY REASON FOR OPENING THIS THREAD TO HEAR FROM OTHER NIGERIANS.

HOW DOES NIGERIAN CIVIL DEFENSE DO THEIR RECRUITMENT

MIND44 PLS COME FA! THIS MATTER IS SERIOUS.
Re: How Does Civil Defence Conduct Its Recruitment? by vertueptime: 10:15pm On Jul 18, 2019
So nairaland rant will change something, just go and hustle and get one oga to help u instead of this unhelpfull venture

5 Likes

Re: How Does Civil Defence Conduct Its Recruitment? by yasolan(m): 11:16pm On Jul 18, 2019
There was a recruitment exercise in 2012
Re: How Does Civil Defence Conduct Its Recruitment? by UNIZIK1stSon(m): 11:39am On Jul 19, 2019
wink
Re: How Does Civil Defence Conduct Its Recruitment? by okeyumez(m): 11:40am On Jul 19, 2019
Media, lawyers, politicians and Nigeria followers are the problem of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: How Does Civil Defence Conduct Its Recruitment? by drey076(m): 11:41am On Jul 19, 2019
base on connected recommendations and inheritance

2 Likes

Re: How Does Civil Defence Conduct Its Recruitment? by Mosh1: 11:41am On Jul 19, 2019
Ok
Re: How Does Civil Defence Conduct Its Recruitment? by YesNo(m): 11:41am On Jul 19, 2019
this is an "agency" that big men in government use to compensate their relatives and girlfriends.

23 Likes

Re: How Does Civil Defence Conduct Its Recruitment? by fabianiyobosa(m): 11:42am On Jul 19, 2019
Man know man.
Re: How Does Civil Defence Conduct Its Recruitment? by ojibole1(m): 11:43am On Jul 19, 2019
Man know man, same thing for cbn FIRS and nnpc

3 Likes

Re: How Does Civil Defence Conduct Its Recruitment? by ATTAH012(m): 11:44am On Jul 19, 2019
4 wher... recruitment ke, nah replacement of ppl frm d village dem dy do.

6 Likes

Re: How Does Civil Defence Conduct Its Recruitment? by pyro62(m): 11:44am On Jul 19, 2019
vertueptime:
So nairaland rant will change something, just go and hustle and get one oga to help u instead of this unhelpfull venture

Hahahahahah aswear... Hold your 600k joor. If they wanted to stop it, they would have stopped the magomago already..

2 Likes

Re: How Does Civil Defence Conduct Its Recruitment? by mkoabiola: 11:45am On Jul 19, 2019
Civil defence na under ground "replacements" d always do since they are well paid more than the police

8 Likes

Re: How Does Civil Defence Conduct Its Recruitment? by eaddyboy: 11:45am On Jul 19, 2019
I don tire for Naija
Re: How Does Civil Defence Conduct Its Recruitment? by momove4real25(f): 11:46am On Jul 19, 2019
I have been to their office before when I asked the officer at the gate how they recruits, he said where is my text message from Abuja

12 Likes

Re: How Does Civil Defence Conduct Its Recruitment? by Apepworm: 11:46am On Jul 19, 2019
obiekunie2:
Permit me to ask this question - is civil defense not a federal government parastatal?

if they are, why are they not doing open public recruitment as stated in the constitution?

since i started hearing of civil defense for more than 10 years now, i have never seen them publicly announce their recruitment.

does it mean they dont do recruitment? or their staffers doesn't have retirement, retrenchment and recruitment on their constitution that established it?

or is there an exception that allows them not to do open recruitment like the rest of the parastatals like immigration, prisons, customs, etc.

PLEASE ANY NAIRALANDER THAT HAVE IDEAS ABOUT THIS PARASTATAL AND THEIR RECRUITMENT PROCESS SHOULD PLEASE ENLIGHTEN US.

You mean Nigeria has a force to end the criminal mafia yet doesn't recruit and fund them?

Are they under the command of President Buhari and the traditional rulers council of Nigeria?

You can't recruit if the group has external ties not in Nigeria.

Nigeria is defended by a Muslim military as the Northerners dedicate their lives and their children to being Nigerian warriors. They will not allow anyone to compete them so you must work together.

If you desire to end the criminal mafia in Nigeria then you must work with the North. It's one Nigeria or nothing.

Which is more important?

Love Sango

Re: How Does Civil Defence Conduct Its Recruitment? by joshepade(m): 11:47am On Jul 19, 2019
Go learn a trade, you need to be on senator's list to be recruited even as gateman in Nigeria.
Even if you are a first class graduate, you be that one for your pocket.
Nothing works well in this country

2 Likes

Re: How Does Civil Defence Conduct Its Recruitment? by mknigeriagreat: 11:56am On Jul 19, 2019
I also know that they sell slots. Confirmed from someone that bought one and is in the system now. Ask around and don't get duped o.
Re: How Does Civil Defence Conduct Its Recruitment? by DennisEche(m): 11:56am On Jul 19, 2019
THROUGH REPLACEMENT , IF YOU ARE IN ABJ YOU MUST BE FAMILIAR WITH THE TERM
Re: How Does Civil Defence Conduct Its Recruitment? by 9jayes: 11:57am On Jul 19, 2019
If you want to know come my inbox, my uncle na one of the Oga there.
Re: How Does Civil Defence Conduct Its Recruitment? by yjgm(m): 11:58am On Jul 19, 2019
NSCDC will recruit soon as was done previously. Replacement is a norm in most organizations not just peculiar to NSCDC. Just be on a watch out for the news.
And remember not to pay a dime to anyone for recruitment or replacement. Civil defence job is not for sale.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does Civil Defence Conduct Its Recruitment? by Majlaw(m): 12:02pm On Jul 19, 2019
Through back door na
Re: How Does Civil Defence Conduct Its Recruitment? by philipstanley(m): 12:04pm On Jul 19, 2019
Civil defence
Re: How Does Civil Defence Conduct Its Recruitment? by umarshehu58(m): 12:07pm On Jul 19, 2019
I was discussing about this with a friend lately, we just concluded that Nigeria is a scam. Everybody is doing as they pleased. Government doesn't care about anything or anybody except when election is near.

I don't believe in Nigeria anymore
Re: How Does Civil Defence Conduct Its Recruitment? by freeman67: 12:08pm On Jul 19, 2019
obiekunie2:

Joining the NSCDC was voluntary before 2003-2005 when government took over. After that, they tried to regularise most of the voluntary staff. In the process of regularisation the people who saw was to come injected some few of their own people too.

The first major recruitment after the government took over its running was in 2010. The news was everywhere then. Though they had to be some man know man (connection- as we call) in some instances as it is with Nigeria before the appointment, it was opened to all.

The second major recruitment was in 2012. Though public, it was somehow secretive. Lots of people that had the opportunity to join on or before the 2010 but neglected it have started seeing what they missed and so have developed interest. Nigeria job situation did not help matters too.

After that, in 2015 they was a replacement, done to fill in the gap of dead, retired and retrenched staff. It was very quite and secretive that even majority of the staff were not aware till the new staff were about to finish training. Since then it has been secret replacement. No public employment announcements yet.

7 Likes

Re: How Does Civil Defence Conduct Its Recruitment? by united442(m): 12:10pm On Jul 19, 2019
a legend once said "In all da getting, get CONNECTIONS"..grin
Re: How Does Civil Defence Conduct Its Recruitment? by chubbyblackdick: 12:16pm On Jul 19, 2019
obiekunie2:

Well, you should 1st and foremost understand that civil defense was a volunteer group before becoming upgraded and harmonized with the other parastatals like immigration, prisons etc.

The recruitment exercises are publicized when its going on even though there are always few spaces.

To get up to date info about whats going on in Nscdc, go the website: www.nscdc.gov.ng and stop speculating.

No recruitment is on going for now. Pls check attached pictures

Re: How Does Civil Defence Conduct Its Recruitment? by pawesome(m): 12:22pm On Jul 19, 2019
yjgm:
NSCDC will recruit soon as was done previously. Replacement is a norm in most organizations not just peculiar to NSCDC. Just be on a watch out for the news.
And remember not to pay a dime to anyone for recruitment or replacement. Civil defence job is not for sale.
so the one people have been buying is what

4 Likes

Re: How Does Civil Defence Conduct Its Recruitment? by OiOi: 12:54pm On Jul 19, 2019
Do you know NATIONAL YOUTH SERVICE CORPS is also a federal government scheme ? When last did NYSC conduct recruitment?

7 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nmr Intercontinental Limited / Recruitment at Guinness Nigeria Plc. (Staff Nurses) / ARM LIFE Interview Invitation - Real Or A Scam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.