Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,738 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

Lexus 330 Miss-fires - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lexus 330 Miss-fires (951 Views)

Lexus 330 Rx 2009 Toks For Sale (very Negotiable) / Accident Between Lexus 330 And 2009 Toyota Camry. / Between Lexus 330 And Acura MDX 2008 Which Is Reliable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lexus 330 Miss-fires by jombo21: 6:04am On Jul 19, 2019
Good day. My lexus rx 330 had an over-heat last 3weeks, i took it to the auto workshop the found out that one of the fans isnt good hence causing the over heat as well as damaging a water hose/pipe. 2 weeks after all this ve been changed and fixed the car was up and runing again, i realised that the car miss-fires. I took it back to the auto work shop the discovered that one of the coils is not functional and it was changed and all was fine. Few days later same thing happend, another coil dead!! And it was changed. Now another coil (3rd) is not working again!!
Pls auto gurus, what might be the cause this? I need an advise. Thanks
Re: Lexus 330 Miss-fires by homeboy205: 7:46am On Jul 19, 2019
Firstly you should have scanned the car cos the first one might bring a solid code and the rest will be pending.. what I’m trying to say is that once one coil gives up, just change it all because there is a chance the rest might go bad soon which happened to you. So if you had scanned the car you will get a solid code for the first misfire and the rest pending so you would have changed all at once and save yourself this stress of changing it one by one... Try scanning the car

jombo21:
Good day. My lexus rx 330 had an over-heat last 3weeks, i took it to the auto workshop the found out that one of the fans isnt good hence causing the over heat as well as damaging a water hose/pipe. 2 weeks after all this ve been changed and fixed the car was up and runing again, i realised that the car miss-fires. I took it back to the auto work shop the discovered that one of the coils is not functional and it was changed and all was fine. Few days later same thing happend, another coil dead!! And it was changed. Now another coil (3rd) is not working again!!
Pls auto gurus, what might be the cause this? I need an advise. Thanks
Re: Lexus 330 Miss-fires by jombo21: 3:00pm On Jul 19, 2019
Thanks for your response.
homeboy205:
Firstly you should have scanned the car cos the first one might bring a solid code and the rest will be pending.. what I’m trying to say is that once one coil gives up, just change it all because there is a chance the rest might go bad soon which happened to you. So if you had scanned the car you will get a solid code for the first misfire and the rest pending so you would have changed all at once and save yourself this stress of changing it one by one... Try scanning the car

(1) (Reply)

5 Mechanic’s Tools To Work On Your Own Car At Home / Mercedes-Benz is the most valuable car brand in the world - Global Brand Finance / Good People Of Nairaland Bail Me Out Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.