Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,446 members, 7,808,595 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About (12825 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by rottennaija(m): 6:53am On Jul 19, 2019
What does being a Jehovah Witness entail? And is there a place I can read about them unbiasedly?

Mark Jones, Ex-Jehovah's Witness of 31 years
Answered Jun 5, 2019 on Quora.com

Your first port of call should be JWFacts.com

Many people (me included) wish we’d visited that site before getting involved with the Jehovah’s Witnesses.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by tobidipity(m): 7:09am On Jul 19, 2019
https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/jehovah-witness-beliefs/

jw.org is the only official website of Jehovah's witnesses

7 Likes

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Chapelbeatz(m): 7:46am On Jul 19, 2019
it entails being an evangelist and not being able to marry someone who is not a witness

1 Like

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by rottennaija(m): 9:19am On Jul 19, 2019
tobidipity:

Anything you read on jw.org, compare and contrast with www.jwfacts.com. If you want to buy a car, it is better to hear from the manufacturers, people who have bought and used the car and people who no longer use it. Hear from all sides and decide.

www.jw.org and www.jwfacts.com

1 Like

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 5:28pm On Jul 19, 2019
rottennaija:

Anything you read on jw.org, compare and contrast with www.jwfacts.com. If you want to buy a car, it is better to hear from the manufacturers, people who have bought and used the car and people who no longer use it. Hear from all sides and decide.

www.jw.org and www.jwfacts.com

Jw facts is a Sick place to Learn about witnesses , The moment I saw his Failed analysis on birthdays and how he skipped the topic of hellfire and immortal soul in his questionable doctrines , I knew that guy has nothing in his head when it comes to Biblical knowledge, he was probably scared of flopping big tyme. He is just an opposer , an opposer has nothing positive to say . grin grin ( Revelation 12:10 " accuser of our brothers " attitude ) , A wise person should only visit Jw.org for good information's . Well articulated and short

3 Likes

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by rottennaija(m): 5:55pm On Jul 19, 2019
Jozzy4:

Jw facts is a Sick place to Learn about witnesses , The moment I saw his Failed analysis on birthdays and how he skipped the topic of hellfire and immortal soul in his questionable doctrines , I knew that guy has nothing in his head when it comes to Biblical knowledge, he was probably scared of flopping big tyme. He is just an opposer , an opposer has nothing positive to say . grin grin ( Revelation 12:10 " accuser of our brothers " attitude ) , A wise person should only visit Jw.org for good information's . Well articulated and short

Really? Do you know what propaganda is?

1 Like

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 6:09pm On Jul 19, 2019
rottennaija:

Really? Do you know what propaganda is?

Which propaganda? Are you okay? grin

Someone who says to condemn birthdays as wrong because some persons does it follows that dogs should be banned since it was portrayed in bad light in scripture, Unknown to him Job rear dogs , Whereas he can't present a single servant of God that celebrates birthday, so much for independent thinking . grin

Your scared pastor skipped the topic of hell and immortal soul completely , e dey fear ? . even claimed at the time of Jesus , the tetramagatton has been removed from scripture, Whereas the Jews never removed the name. He is only regurgitating what Jw critics say, ANYONE using that site for research is like asking the blind for way, He himself like I said is a pained Ex witness, angry and blind, So that enough ruled him out as an avenue to learn .

1 Like

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 6:11pm On Jul 19, 2019
Please, accept Christ as your Lord and personal Saviour and attend a Bible believing church where Jesus is glorified. Jehovah witness are not Christians. They are wolves in sheep's clothing.

3 Likes

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by rottennaija(m): 6:13pm On Jul 19, 2019
Jozzy4:

Which propaganda? Are you okay? grin

Someone who says to condemn birthdays as wrong because some persons does it follows that dogs should be banned since it was portrayed in bad light in scripture, Unknown to him Job rear dogs , Whereas he can't present a single servant of God that celebrates birthday, so much for independent thinking . grin

Your scared pastor skipped the topic of hell and immortal soul completely , e dey fear ? . even claimed at the time of Jesus , the tetramagatton has been removed from scripture, Whereas the Jews never removed the name. He is only regurgitating what Jw critics say, ANYONE using that site for research is like asking the blind for way, He himself like I said is a pained Ex witness, angry and blind, So that enough ruled him out as an avenue to learn .

I simply asked if you know what propaganda is. You could have said yes or not, you didn't have to kill yourself with explanations

2 Likes

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 6:13pm On Jul 19, 2019
TruthinAction:
Please, accept Christ as your Lord and personal Saviour and attend a Bible believing church where Jesus is glorified. Jehovah witness are not Christians. They are wolves in sheep's clothing.
How exactly are they not christians ?

Are you not the same guy who said Hell is a woman . grin grin grin Yeye dey smell

1 Like

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 6:15pm On Jul 19, 2019
rottennaija:

I simply asked if you know what propaganda is. You could have said yes or not, you didn't have to kill yourself with explanations

The explanation were to tell you nothing is propaganda about what I said. Follower of Paulgrundy . grin grin I guess you can't deny all have said.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by rottennaija(m): 6:25pm On Jul 19, 2019
Jozzy4:

The explanation were to tell you nothing is propaganda about what I said. Follower of Paulgrundy . grin grin I guess you can't deny all have said.

Are you feeling guilty? I didn't say anything representing the idea that what you wrote were propaganda. In my place, they say that 'a sinner runs when no one is pursuing him'. I simply asked, do you know what propaganda is?

So I can say you know what propaganda is, yes?
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 6:30pm On Jul 19, 2019
Jozzy4:

How exactly are they not christians ?

Are you not the same guy who said Hell is a woman . grin grin grin Yeye dey smell

They don't believe Jesus resurrected bodily from the dead. Romans 10:9-10 says you must believe that God raised Jesus from the dead to be saved. I don't have the time right now to include many other reasons. If you like join. You have be warned. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.

Yes, hell is personified as a woman. I didn't say so, the Scripture did.

Isa 5:14 Therefore hell hath enlarged HERSELF , and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it.

1 Like

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by rottennaija(m): 6:38pm On Jul 19, 2019
tobidipity:

They didn't ask what Jws believe but what it entails. As far as I know, there is no where in your website that describes that.

2 Likes

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 7:43pm On Jul 19, 2019
rottennaija:

Are you feeling guilty? I didn't say anything representing the idea that what you wrote were propaganda. In my place, they say that 'a sinner runs when no one is pursuing him'. I simply asked, do you know what propaganda is?

Better that way.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 7:52pm On Jul 19, 2019
TruthinAction:

They don't believe Jesus resurrected bodily from the dead. Romans 10:9-10 says you must believe that God raised Jesus from the dead to be saved. I don't have the time right now to include many other reasons. If you like join. You have be warned. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.

According to Romans 19:9,10 quoted by you, They believe God raise Jesus from the dead, Yes or no ?

Yes, hell is personified as a woman. I didn't say so, the Scripture did.

Isa 5:14 Therefore hell hath enlarged HERSELF , and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it.

Some translations say " IT " . so your postulation isn't sound. But how does hell enlarge itself without measure , if it has no measure or No boundary) is planet earth in hell ?

1 Like

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by rottennaija(m): 8:32pm On Jul 19, 2019
Jozzy4:

Better that way.

1 Like

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 9:20pm On Jul 19, 2019
Jozzy4:

According to Romans 19:9,10 quoted by you, They believe God raise Jesus from the dead, Yes or no ?

Some translations say " IT " . so your postulation isn't sound. But how does hell enlarge itself without measure , if it has no measure or No boundary) is planet earth in hell ?

Hell is in the depth of the earth. As more people enter, the size is increased to accommodate them and people like you who do not believe it exist.

1 Like

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Janosky: 10:15pm On Jul 19, 2019
TruthinAction:

Hell is in the depth of the earth. As more people enter, the size is increased to accommodate them and people like you who do not believe it exist.

How come the rich man wey dey hell "in the depth of the earth" dey see person wey dey for heaven & dey beg am for water ?
Luke16:22-25

** una heaven and hell dey for the same place?

Shuuoooo !!!
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by rottennaija(m): 6:55am On Jul 20, 2019
Janosky:

How come the rich man wey dey hell "in the depth of the earth" dey see person wey dey for heaven & dey beg am for water ?

Shuuoooo !!!
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 8:37am On Jul 20, 2019
Janosky:

Shuuoooo !!!

He did not see heaven. What he saw was Abraham's bosom which was underneath the earth also and separated from hell by a deep gulf. It was after Jesus resurrection the Saints in Abraham's bosom rose and went to heaven.

1 Like

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 6:11pm On Jul 20, 2019
rottennaija:

Point out what's propaganda about the post . that's what a sensible person would do
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 6:12pm On Jul 20, 2019
rottennaija:

Next time shine your eyes, Janosky isn't Jozzy4 .
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 6:14pm On Jul 20, 2019
TruthinAction:

So does hell means Grave ?

As far as I know, what's beneath the land of the earth is WATER - Genesis 1:9
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by jnrbayano(m): 6:18pm On Jul 20, 2019
Ndi ara
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Jozzy4: 6:27pm On Jul 20, 2019
Funny how you guys say the story of rich man and Lazarus is literal But try to render Abraham bosom non literal . grin grin grin

TruthinAction:

He did not see heaven. What he saw was Abraham's bosom which was underneath the earth also and separated from hell by a deep gulf. It was after Jesus resurrection the Saints in Abraham's bosom rose and went to heaven. [/b]
Hahahaha
Abraham Bosom, means literal chest of the person called Abraham , agree ?

"
Sarai said to Abram, "This wrong is your fault. I gave my servant into your bosom "
Genesis 16:5

Was Hagar in the depth of the earth, ?

1 Like

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by rottennaija(m): 8:07pm On Jul 20, 2019
Jozzy4:

Next time shine your eyes, Janosky isn't Jozzy4 .

Sorry, my mistake. Janosky? Where are you?
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by rottennaija(m): 8:08pm On Jul 20, 2019
Jozzy4:

Point out what's propaganda about the post . that's what a sensible person would do

Sorry, that was meant for Janosky. My bad.
Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 8:48pm On Jul 20, 2019
Jozzy4:
Funny how you guys say the story of rich man and Lazarus is literal But try to render Abraham bosom non literal . grin grin grin

Hahahaha
Abraham Bosom, means literal chest of the person called Abraham , agree ?

"
Sarai said to Abram, "This wrong is your fault. I gave my servant into your bosom "
Genesis 16:5

Was Hagar in the depth of the earth, ?

This is the problem with Jehovah witnesses. They ascribe a meaning to a word and insist that that is what it means in all context.

Maybe you need to go back to school and study English. I mean a good school. Words in English can mean different things depending on the context it is used. In one context, it could be a noun. In another, it could be a verb. So, you need to understand the context under which a word is used and the part of speech to know its meaning. Please check your dictionary for confirmation. For the word bosom, look at the different context on online dictionary explains its meaning.

bosom (plural bosoms)

1.(anatomy) The breast or chest of a human (or sometimes of another animal). [from 11thc.] ▼ show
2.The seat of one's inner thoughts, feelings etc.; one's secret feelings; desire. [from 13thc.] ▼ show
3. The protected interior or inner part of something; the area enclosed as by an embrace. [from 15thc.] ▼ show
4. The part of a dress etc. covering the chest; a neckline. ▼ show
5. (in the plural) A woman's breasts. [from 20thc.] ▼ show
6. Any thing or place resembling the breast; a supporting surface; an inner recess; the interior.
7.A depression round the eye of a millstone.

I hope you have learnt an English lesson today. When you go to your study, teach your teacher what you just learned. It might help to address many other false teachings that have been established by this mistake of ascribing one meaning to a word that has multiple usages.

2 Likes

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by TruthinAction: 8:52pm On Jul 20, 2019
Jozzy4:

So does hell means Grave ?

As far as I know, what's beneath the land of the earth is WATER - Genesis 1:9

Just as what is above is clouds. But we also know that heaven is above.

Pro 15:24 The way of life is above to the wise, that he may depart from hell beneath.

Hell is not physical grave. It is a place of torment. It is far deeper than a physical grave.

1 Like

Re: What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About by Janosky: 10:08pm On Jul 20, 2019
TruthinAction:

He did not see heaven. What he saw was Abraham's bosom which was underneath the earth also and separated from hell by a deep gulf. It was after Jesus resurrection the Saints in Abraham's bosom rose and went to heaven.

****King James Bible Luke16:22
And it came to pass, that the beggar died,
and was carried by the angels into
Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died,
and was buried;
** There are burning questions begging for answers....
Luke16:23 ,24
In hell, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham from afar, with Lazarus by his side.
24 So he cried out,
‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me and
send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in
water and cool my tongue. For I am in
agony in this fire.’
** Take note of the statement in v23...

you said that rich man and Lazarus were in the same location , you said "was underneath the earth,"
****1) why would the rich man look up and see from afar ,(he should have looked to his right or left side whether gulf dey or not),if actually Lazarus and Abraham's bosom were within his location ?

**2"the saints in Abraham's bosom rose and went to heaven" you said.
where is Abraham himself ,in hell or heaven?

*3) The angels carried Lazarus "into Abraham's bosom", where is Abraham's bosom, in heaven or hell?
So, Angels come to earth to do funeral for the begger, Lazarus ?

4) If all of them- (Abraham's bosom, rich man and Lazarus) dey hell " underneath the earth" (as you say ,also you say "hell no be physical grave "wink, na where Father Abraham go get water to cool the rich man tongue ?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Preachers And Pastors Receiving Monthly Salary For Preaching The Gospel. / Did Jesus Preexist His Birth - Honeychild, Bookmark And Ijawkid Let's Discuss / Actual Date Of Ileya Festival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.