Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,018 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

"I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments (29917 Views)

Kwara State Governor And His 26 Years Old Commissioner / Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region / Governor Godwin Obaseki Sleeping At UN General Assembly (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by Gistvic: 5:32am On Jul 20, 2019
Edo State Governor Godwin Obaseki laments as he cant nominate somebody for federal appointment and make critical decisions. Gistvic Reports.

Godwin Obaseki laments while speaking with members of the Benin Community resident in the Federal Capital Territory at Edo State Lodge, Abuja, on Friday.

He said:
"I have endured so much as a Governor. As a governor have not been able to even nominate somebody for a federal appointment and mean while federal appointment are made everyday. I cant be governor and not a governor, I should be able to make decisions which are in my view and in the best interest of Edo State. If your children are fighting and you cannot settle them, then what authority do you have.

Watch Video:

SOurce: https://www.gistvic.com/2019/07/i-cannot-be-governor-and-not-be.html

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by Gistvic: 5:32am On Jul 20, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by vincent10(m): 5:46am On Jul 20, 2019
Wonderful

2 Likes

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by drtwist(m): 5:52am On Jul 20, 2019
Godfatherism at work. Anyway you campaign and rigged for Buhari, so suffer the change you campaign for.

I wish Buhari can have third term, so those voted for him will suffer more. Africans it's time we rise up against bad leadership.

171 Likes 15 Shares

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by Born2Breed(f): 5:58am On Jul 20, 2019
"No man be god"

Oshiomole cup go soon full, those House of Assembly members supporting Oshiomole will soon hear whinnn...unless them wan carry their houses and family go sky.

88 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by daddytime(m): 6:02am On Jul 20, 2019
The short black imp

18 Likes

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by TANTUMERGO007(m): 6:04am On Jul 20, 2019
If Edo state go scatter for Adams not to be godfather we welcome the SCATTERATION. We tell them say Edo no be Lagos them they argue

106 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by praise010(m): 6:12am On Jul 20, 2019
I remember watching Oshiomole describe the negetive effect of God fatherism in Nigeria Politics and how he defeated the God father's in Edo.

Today he want to be the Emperor!

163 Likes 8 Shares

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:55am On Jul 20, 2019
At times I wonder how men changes overtime...is this not this same Adam's Oshimole. .the then NLC president fighting for the masses then? one day those he is doing their bindings will come after him

105 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by alphaNomega: 7:00am On Jul 20, 2019
praise010:
I remember watching Oshiomole describe the negetive effect of God fatherism in Nigeria Politics and how he defeated the God father's in Edo.

You've not tasted money and power at the same time. E dey format person brain and it's worse if you came from nothing.

129 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by dunkem21(m): 7:29am On Jul 20, 2019
Shut up Mr. Man and behave like Ambode tongue

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by NextGovernor(m): 7:33am On Jul 20, 2019
valentineuwakwe:
At times I wonder how men changes overtime...is this not this same Adam's Oshimole. .the then NLC president fighting for the masses then? one day those he is doing their bindings will come after him

He never fought for the masses. He has been conning since his NLC days just that he played his game well then. My broda that man is the most corrupt Governor edo have ever had.

For a governor to say this, u know he has endure alot.

Johnboom:
By the time Osobaba finish with you, you won't know what hit you. Ungrateful person. You small politician want to start playing God father instead for you to face development of your state.

Just imagine talk. Did Oshiomole pay loyalty one day to Igbinedion and Eze Iyamu that brought him and financed his election as Governor. He fought so hard against the powerful Chief Tony Anenih as Godfather in Edo and now you want to be what your fought against.

My brother Edo is not Lagos. Nobody lick asss over here. Go to your Lagos and be doing loyalty by giving the whole state money to one man. It cant happen in Edo.

122 Likes 11 Shares

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by Abeymills(m): 7:34am On Jul 20, 2019
daddytime:
The short black imp
u mean osho omo ale?

17 Likes

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by babyfaceafrica: 7:52am On Jul 20, 2019
why are u making noise?....were u not imposed by osho?...who know u before?... osho is overbearing,yes,you are not innocent self...u do boy boy for the man,when u win finish, you change tone..u and osho no well

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by herakles: 8:02am On Jul 20, 2019
drtwist:
Godfatherism at work. Anyway you campaign and rigged for Buhari, so suffer the change you campaign for.

I wish Buhari can have third term, so those voted for him will suffer more. Africans it's time we rise up against bad leadership.

buhari will certainly have third term! At least his tenure will be elongated for two years. Una never see anything

5 Likes

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by nototribalist: 8:10am On Jul 20, 2019
Obaseki fight till the end, you no be Ambode

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by ekestic1976(f): 8:18am On Jul 20, 2019
"That's not true stop giving false information that is how you deceive people, who did Oshiomole fight, the Igbinedion for stealing the state blind and acquiring thousand of acres of land that he took back to the state, is that bad, stop deciving people. The present governor Obaseki was a nobody before Oshiomole made him who he is today, tell me if you have ever heard is name in Nigeria.The governor Obaseki is a divisive man
he is dismantling Oshiomole is political structure to the extent that the last Apc primary, the governor went to the media to call results when he did not allowed electorate to vote, is that democracy, look how he can't even manage 24 Apc legislative members, the state party is extremely divided all because Obaseki doesn't know how to unite people. He gave proclamation with no time, date and venue, all to play out illegality and now it has backfired on him. Oshiomole is a unifier and a strong leader, the people that hate him are pdp sypathizers, Igbos and Ishan central of Edo state, they play their politics with hate and false propaganda just to destroy. The governor should go and put is house together, you are crying you couldn't even make decisions in federal appointment when you are destroying Oshiomole is structure and expect him to give you opportunity, when you are sacking commissioners loyal to the man, please wake up and change your ways, learn how to treat people well, be loyal to those that uplift you, stop taking advice from pdp in Edo state who are waiting in the wings to destroy Apc and steal the leadership and also you lack that fatherly qualities on how to unite and stop listening to gossip cause that's your major flaw".

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by 01mcfadden(m): 8:18am On Jul 20, 2019
Hmmm
Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by AkupeMBANO(m): 8:19am On Jul 20, 2019
if you are in Abuja currently, maybe you should hide. lawan may Just catch you and confirm you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by Factfinder1(m): 8:20am On Jul 20, 2019
For this man to be continuously lamenting it shows all is not well in edo

3 Likes

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by Rubbiish(m): 8:20am On Jul 20, 2019
praise010:

That is life
How humans change

1 Like

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by Rubbiish(m): 8:20am On Jul 20, 2019
alphaNomega:

You've not tasted money and power at the same time. E dey format person brain and it's worse if you came from nothing.
True

3 Likes

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by Pharmoscandy(m): 8:20am On Jul 20, 2019
Hear mumu talk...if u can't be governor... Resign na

2 Likes

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by Amuocha: 8:21am On Jul 20, 2019
Tinubu effect

1 Like

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by Johnboom: 8:22am On Jul 20, 2019
By the time Osobaba finish with you, you won't know what hit you. Ungrateful person. You small politician want to start playing God father instead for you to face development of your state.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by Paperwhite(m): 8:29am On Jul 20, 2019
praise010:
I remember watching Oshiomole describe the negetive effect of God fatherism in Nigeria Politics and how he defeated the God father's in Edo.Today he want to be the Emperor!
Well said bro.Same with Tinubu in Lagos.They fought tyrannts only for them to become worst tyrannts themselves.Sai baba zombiesm don tire Obaseki.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by Angelfrost(m): 8:30am On Jul 20, 2019
Nigga, stop this silly lamentation and go pay your dues.. When you were signing on to become a slave and stooge to the taskmaster in Khaki, did you call us?..

I'm sick and tired of this Edo power tussle trash... It's childish and boring... Man up or get lost. undecided

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by ojuu4u(m): 8:30am On Jul 20, 2019
I don't know what is happening in Nigeria's politics, I could remember vividly when oshiomole wanted to hand over mantle of leadership in Edo state. He said it categorically that he would not interfere/dictate in governance of Edo state, He even used to boast in different fora that he fought godfatherism to a stand still in Edo.
Less than 4 years Oshiomole is acting like emperor.

Indeed power intoxicates and corrupts.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by NwaJozi: 8:30am On Jul 20, 2019
True
Re: "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments by Adeheb20(m): 8:35am On Jul 20, 2019
Ok
Pls check my signature for your data, all network
Pls help a brother

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ChannelsTV Visits Liberated Boko-Haram's Camp In Borno / APC Crisis: Governors Call Emergency Meeting As Osinbajo Meets Reps-elect / Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.