Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,833 members, 7,806,343 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

Odion Ighalo Finally Speaks On His Retirement From Super Eagle National Team - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Odion Ighalo Finally Speaks On His Retirement From Super Eagle National Team (28577 Views)

Mikel Obi Announces His Retirement From Super Eagles / Odion Ighalo, His Wife Sonia And Their Children Pictured After Leaving World Cup / IGhalo Finally Replies Nigerians That Said They Will Kill Him For Missing Goals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Odion Ighalo Finally Speaks On His Retirement From Super Eagle National Team by deltateam: 3:08pm On Jul 20, 2019
Madeu:
Just 30 already retiring from the national team. When he still has lot of football years to play. Unless he's not 30. cos average age for retiring from the national team is between 33-36. He can't say because of this Afcon2019, cos he had a wonderful tournament.

I hope they gave him highest goal scorer award?
Re: Odion Ighalo Finally Speaks On His Retirement From Super Eagle National Team by deltateam: 3:11pm On Jul 20, 2019
darfay:
I know he can be very wasteful but truth be told, he is one of our all time best, with a conversion rate of. 0.4 goals per match

PS I know onuachu is young but that dude needs to retire

Was Onuachu given enough playing time? He was Lord of bench at AFCON.

Anyway let him join up with Midtjylland. Una get una mouth.
Re: Odion Ighalo Finally Speaks On His Retirement From Super Eagle National Team by shukudi(m): 3:23pm On Jul 20, 2019
Tamasaba:
Welcome development. Legend.

Had to change my comment. He is a patriot and should not be disrespected by any sane Nigerian. Even KANU had his flops when he playing for Naija.
Kanu played in 4/5 AFCON, but never scored a single goal.
I stopped being his fan after the NigGha 2000, when we needed his PK to bury Cameroon that day in Lagos and bros just tap ball give keeper. Though I respect him as a footballer, but me be his fan, lailai ko jo.
Re: Odion Ighalo Finally Speaks On His Retirement From Super Eagle National Team by Mrjo(m): 3:34pm On Jul 20, 2019
Nwodosis:
If those our grannies with age falsification will be retiring voluntarily like Ighalo in civil service work and politics, the youths will have a better opportunity to move this country forward.
which youth?
Re: Odion Ighalo Finally Speaks On His Retirement From Super Eagle National Team by shukudi(m): 3:34pm On Jul 20, 2019
deltateam:

Was Onuachu given enough playing time? He was Lord of bench at AFCON.

Anyway let him join up with Midtjylland. Una get una mouth.
Onuachu na faworaja jare.
What playing time does he need again after starting our first game at AFCON with zero impact, he came in as a substitute for ighalo in another game and our attack went flat. No confidence, No drive.
Osimen had less play time, but his presence was more felt on the pitch than Onuachu.
Onuachu just dey stroll behind defenders like cattle herder.
Re: Odion Ighalo Finally Speaks On His Retirement From Super Eagle National Team by joshmee4real(m): 3:49pm On Jul 20, 2019
chrischukszy01:

Senseless! Show us UR soccer boot Oga.
You ve taken it too serious That's a post you can just laugh over
Re: Odion Ighalo Finally Speaks On His Retirement From Super Eagle National Team by Bawofss(m): 3:53pm On Jul 20, 2019
Musa! Musa! Musa! how many times did i call u. u beta retire now, give ursef brain.
Re: Odion Ighalo Finally Speaks On His Retirement From Super Eagle National Team by deltateam: 3:58pm On Jul 20, 2019
shukudi:

Onuachu na faworaja jare.
What playing time does he need again after starting our first game at AFCON with zero impact, he came in as a substitute for ighalo in another game and our attack went flat. No confidence, No drive.
Osimen had less play time, but his presence was more felt on the pitch than Onuachu.
Onuachu just dey stroll behind defenders like cattle herder.

How come he does wonders at Midtjylland?
Re: Odion Ighalo Finally Speaks On His Retirement From Super Eagle National Team by shukudi(m): 4:01pm On Jul 20, 2019
deltateam:

How come he does wonders at Midtjylland?
That one na club?
grin
Help me pronounce the name. Mid...what?
Re: Odion Ighalo Finally Speaks On His Retirement From Super Eagle National Team by deltateam: 4:33pm On Jul 20, 2019
shukudi:

That one na club?
grin
Help me pronounce the name. Mid...what?

The best club in Denmark league 1 is not a club?

Oya start going.

Re: Odion Ighalo Finally Speaks On His Retirement From Super Eagle National Team by shukudi(m): 5:33pm On Jul 20, 2019
deltateam:

The best club in Denmark league 1 is not a club?

Oya start going.
Denmark na footballing country?
Make Danish police dey check d guy pockets well well, maybe white powder dey there.
How can a serious guy leave Africa go dey play ball for Denmark.

Re: Odion Ighalo Finally Speaks On His Retirement From Super Eagle National Team by KogitesolarLTD(m): 6:56pm On Jul 20, 2019
IGHALO has done well.

Re: Odion Ighalo Finally Speaks On His Retirement From Super Eagle National Team by GOOOGLE504(m): 7:56pm On Jul 20, 2019
namiji2598:
Eventually this might be the reasons

1. Unpaid allowances

2. He want to end it in good shape not like Mikel who ended his career playing badly and fans stated teirt cristicis

3. He wants to give the younger boys the chance to grow up

it's definitely 2. You should bow out when d ovation is loudest and I dont it can get louder dat dis Afcon achievement

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Asisat Oshoala Shows Off Her Awards To Mark Her 24th Birthday / Ahmed Musa And Juliet Welcome Baby Boy / Brilliant Ronaldo shows he's not finished at Man Utd yet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.