Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

Emotional Fight - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Emotional Fight (415 Views)

A Cart Before The Horse (An Emotional Love Story) - Aderounmu Sweetnex Elizabeth / Abdulkabir Bamaiye Musa A Nairalander's Emotional Tribute To His Late Mom / MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emotional Fight by vicfrank(m): 2:36pm On Jul 20, 2019
Introduction

I have deeply observed how most of us battle with our emotions, trying to love him or her.

I have also discovered that most often, the person we have feelings for doesn't have feelings for us and the one that has feelings for us doesn't get our feelings.

This is what I call "Emotional Fight".
We will understand this clearly in this Screenplay titled: "EMOTIONAL FIGHT"

Make sure you don't miss out on every line of the story.
Re: Emotional Fight by vicfrank(m): 2:51pm On Jul 20, 2019
To be continued
Re: Emotional Fight by vicfrank(m): 2:52pm On Jul 20, 2019
Stay connected
Re: Emotional Fight by vicfrank(m): 2:53pm On Jul 20, 2019
Camera roll, Fade in... Action!
Re: Emotional Fight by vicfrank(m): 2:54pm On Jul 20, 2019
FADE IN:

1 INT.DR. AUSTIN JOSEPH’S HOUSE – DAY
XTERS: EASTER, DR. AUSTIN JOSEPH

EASTER (25) and DR. AUSTIN JOSEPH (29) were chitchatting in the sitting room. Dr Austin Joseph was sitting opposite Easter and both were so excited.

DR. AUSTIN JOSEPH
So, what you are telling me is that you don’t remember your dreams. Is that what you mean?

EASTER
Not exactly what I mean. What I am saying is that I can count the number of dreams I have had, and was able to remember them afterwards.

DR. AUSTIN JOSEPH
Oh, Oh, Oh, I understand. But, have you ever experienced an event that seemed like a dream to you, only to realize that it wasn’t in a dream?

BEAT

EASTER
Hum… I think I have, but once. It was when my daddy bought me a car on my 25th birthday. It was like a dream to me, but later, I realized that I wasn’t dreaming.

DR. AUSTIN JOSEPH
Eh…

EASTER
Yeah.

DR. AUSTIN JOSEPH
Ok, but still, have you ever had a dream that later came to reality?

EASTER
Wait, why all these questions about dreams? I hope this is not a dream o.

DR. AUSTIN JOSEPH
Are you afraid of dreams?

EASTER
No, I am not. It’s just that I don’t like having a dream; it makes me feel so sad.

DR. AUSTIN JOSEPH
But, is it possible for someone to know if he or she is dreaming or not.

EASTER
Anyway, I think nobody can tell if he or she is dreaming until he or she wakes up.

DR. AUSTIN JOSEPH
Eh…

EASTER
Yes, even in your dream, you will think everything is happening live.

DR. AUSTIN JOSEPH
I think you are right.

Dr. Austin Joseph stands up to meet Easter in her seat, he went and stood in front of her. Easter became surprised and stared into his eyes.

DR. AUSTIN JOSEPH
(Holding Easter’s hands)
So, Easter…

EASTER
Yes.

Dr. Austin Joseph still standing in Easter’s front, dipped his right hand inside his pocket. He brought out a ring and knelt before Easter.

DR. AUSTIN JOSEPH
Please, will you marry me?

Easter feeling so amazed, stood up, and raised Dr. Austin up.

DR. AUSTIN JOSEPH
(Feeling so excited)
Yes!

CUT TO
END DREAM SEQUENCE

2 INT.DR.SIR OJIBE’S HOUSE – NIGHT
XTERS: EASTER

Easter quickly wakes up from her dream, looked at the wall clock; behold, it was 1:00 am. She uncovered herself from the blanket and went on her knees for prayers. She prayed about the dream she just had for some time.

DISSOLVES TO

3 EXT.HIGHER INTITUTION PREMISES – DAY
XTERS: EASTER, JUDITH, DR. AUSTIN ADIBE

Easter was walking alongside with her new friend JUDITH (26) after lectures. They were discussing about the lecture they just had, walking towards tarred road. Arriving to the tarred road, the saw oncoming vehicle and were waiting for the car to pass so they can cross to the other side of the road. Shortly, the car passed and revised to the spot where Easter and her friend were standing.

DR. AUSTIN ADIBE
(Whining down his glass)
Hello beautiful ladies.

JUDITH
Hi.

EASTER
Good day sir.

Dr. Austin came down from his car, closed the door and faced Easter.

DR. AUSTIN
Good day pretty young lady. How are you?

EASTER
Am fine?

DR. AUSTIN ADIBE
My name is Austin. I know you are going somewhere, and I wouldn’t like to keep you here.

He dipped his hand inside his pocket and brought out a complementary card from his wallet and gave it to Easter.

DR. AUSTIN ADIBE (CONT’D)
Please here is my complementary card; I will like you to put me on call so we can talk more.

Easter collected it after some seconds of silent.

EASTER
Alright, I will do that. Judith let’s go.

DR. AUSTIN ADIBE
Please what is your name?

EASTER
I will tell you when I give you a call.

They left him standing alone beside his car. He starred at them as they chitchat along to a certain distance.

CUT TO

4 INT.DR.SIR OJIBE’S HOUSE.LIVING ROOM – DAY
XTERS: EASTER

Easter was seen sitting on her bed in her living room, leaning her back on the wall. She is holding her mobile phone and the complementary card.

EASTER (V.O)
(Sitting on bed, leaning her back on the wall)
What is the meaning of all these? How did all these things get to this point? I just had a dream where I was engaged by one Dr. Austin and today I met a man called Austin.

BEAT

EASTER (V.O) (CONT’D)
(Confused)
And I don’t even know if he is the right man that engaged me in my dream or not and I can’t even remember the face I saw in my dream… Anyway, let me call him first to see what he has to say before I conclude.

[/i]Easter typed the phone number from the complementary card that Austin gave her. She wanted to dial the number but she hesitated.[i]

EASTER (CONT’D)
But I think I don’t need to call him now, otherwise he will say that I am too desperate and tries to take advantage of me.

[/i]Easter deleted the phone number she has typed on her phone and became more confused on what to do. She doesn’t know if she should call Austin or not. All she was doing was to type the phone number, delete it, type it again and delete it, for about three times.[i]

EASTER (CONT’D)
(She threw the card on the floor)
In fact, I am not interested, you should leave me alone. I don’t care if you are the right Austin or not. Let me be.

[/i]She kept quiet and started thinking about what is going on in her life looking at the complementary card on the floor.[i]

CUT TO
Re: Emotional Fight by NSK4U(m): 2:55pm On Jul 21, 2019
Good story though I think u need an editor to proofread your piece before uploading.

Also you have to read more plays/drama by successful playwrights to understand how to sustain your reader's attention.

When you use some unnecessary words, you make your writing redundant and nothing dislodges reader's attention than that. There are a lot to tell u but.....
Just get an editor and thank me later.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Writers Needed Urgently / Come To My Aid With This Write Up Please! / Raising A Monster (part 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.