|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,712,097 members, 6,406,445 topics. Date: Monday, 26 July 2021 at 10:16 PM
|How To Make That Perfect Stew by Juliearth(f): 4:43pm On Jul 20, 2019|
Tomato stew seem so easy to prepare, but to some people, it's a task that is yet to be mastered. This thread is to guide such people on how to prepare that perfect stew that is sour-less, smells heavenly, tastes heavenly...
Red bell pepper,
Curry leaves( I prefer this to the processed curry as it gives the stew a natural,but heavenly flavour)
Seasoning and spice( I use Knorr cubes, nutmeg and a little thyme)
Protein. I used beef, cow skin( Ponmo) and mackerel
1. I steamed the tomatoes until almost dry, then I blended it together with red bell peppers, Pepper, onions, a tiny piece of ginger, a minute quantity of clove, etc. Steaming your tomatoes before blending is important because it makes the frying process alot easier and from experience, stews prepared using this method always taste better.
2. Marinate your beef and cowskin over night or for like an hour after which you can cook it(note that I don't cook my cow skin together with the beef. I add it only when I am frying my tomatoes. That way it doesn't get too soft. However, if the cow skin you have available is too hard, you can cook it alongside your beef and if it's the soft type, you can add it when your stew is almost ready. I usually cook my beef for 20 minutes
3. Fry your Fish and the beef. Once fried, set them aside and pour in your tomato mixture into the oil. I use an ample amount of oil to aide in the frying process. Once I am done with that, I scoop out the excess oil and seal it up for future use( perfect for Jollof or egusi soup)
4. Once your tomato mixture is well fried, you would notice the oil bubbles floating on top.
5. Add your seasoning cubes, fried proteins and meat broth. Reduce heat and allow content to simmer for 5 minutes. Wash and chop your curry leave and add to your stew(use moderately) and your stew is ready.
Next recipe would be... (still thinking)
5 Likes 1 Share
|Re: How To Make That Perfect Stew by donbachi(m): 5:00pm On Jul 20, 2019|
God help u,i come ur house dis stew no come taste well.
|Re: How To Make That Perfect Stew by Juliearth(f): 8:43pm On Jul 20, 2019|
Lol! Hurry before "yard people" finish it.
|Re: How To Make That Perfect Stew by Ejebleje: 7:00pm On Apr 12, 2020|
Hello ma,I like the idea of marinating the protein.
But do we marinate inside petrol,palm oil, turmeric?
And ,how can one cook stew with exclusively canned tomato paste ,and still have it taste good?
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46