Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

Spiderman Far Away From Home Is A Terrible Movie - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Spiderman Far Away From Home Is A Terrible Movie (528 Views)

BBNaija All Stars: "Having Sex On National TV Is Terrible" – Doyin Tells Soma / 15 Things You Missed In Far From Home (video) / Avengers Endgame Is A Terrible Movie(spoilers) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Spiderman Far Away From Home Is A Terrible Movie by Forreellinc: 10:04pm On Jul 20, 2019
grin PSYCHE!
I actually liked this one, it certainly not the best movie I've seen this year so far(I wee judge after rise of skywalker) and it is no spiderverse but it sure washed the bad taste of end game outta my mouth and I appreciate that.

Why this movie works
1. The Geography: Normally marvel movies are usually centered around American affairs and shit (with exception of maybe black panther) buh it was quite refreshing to just be about an excursion to europe, although in typical marvel fashion they went cheap on it buh I still loved that anyway
2. Peter parker: I'm so surprised MCU's peter parker was actually cool in this movie, he was acting a lot more matured, he wasn't chattering like a buffoon and being annoying like he was in the other movies I really dig this peter parker more of him please
3. Jake Gyllenhaal: Yes finally he is in a super hero movie and my nigga no disappoint, he brought his night crawler A game to this movie and killed it big ups man
4. Mysterio: He is my kind of bad guy; smart,ruthless,charismatic and relatable ...I'm getting some Loki vibes from him buh he's still my G and he won in the end how cool is that?
5. Action scenes: the fight with the elementos were sh!t buh fighting mysterio, fighting EDITH's drone on the bus are easily one of the best MCU action scenes full of nostalgia and a perfect blend of realism and fantasy...10/10 man
6. Jk simmons reprising his role as jj jameson brought a tear to my eye it was just as touching as when James earl Jones came back as darth Vader in rogue one, cry nostalgia always gets me
7. The concept: spiderman being a secret agent on a school trip was kinda reminiscent of agent Cody banks and it was quite a unique concept considering how dark the previous movies in the franchise were.
Re: Spiderman Far Away From Home Is A Terrible Movie by Forreellinc: 10:26pm On Jul 20, 2019
The things that didn't really work for me were:
1. The story: If they wanted to go with the peter parker trying to fill tonys shoes story then perhaps they shouldn't have focused on the Europe trip buh rather on parker tryna fit in with the avengers, also the love triangle was boring and unnecessary and mysterios back story has me rolling my eyes and almost giving up on the movie
2. The characters: God I can't wait till peter parker graduates from high sch the characters ranging from the teachers to the students are so annoying and cringing to watch and I was secretly hoping the drones take em out
3. Samuel jackson is becoming a joke in these movies
4 queshuns
- aunt may is fine with him being Spider-Man right now? how?
- I know they are trying to be "diverse" and sh!t buh why is zendaya playing mary jane when bella thorne can play the role perfectly?
-when did stark create edith for parker when he died barely an hour after parker came back?
-what was the use of the blip storyline ? when they didn't explain it, it had nothing to do with the plot and every important person was dusted?
- the annoying green dudes from capt. Marvel is still ere? Like we want a reminder of that shitty
Movie.

This is definitely a great comeback from endgame and I'm quite excited to see what else MCU has got

(1) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Khafi & Gedoni Caught By Camera Having Another Round Of Passionate Sex / Bbnaija 2019:- Why I Cannot Date ‘pepper Dem’ Male Housemates – Diane / Start Your Own Tv Channel On MYTV DSTV & Consat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.